• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco 1

I don't get it. As a total stranger to the nostalgia this is playing off of, I really don't, and explaining it would sort of be a waste of all our time. Like, is this a thing in Japan, now? Do we take old shows and reimagine them in award-winning ways? I mean Casshern Sins, then Gatchaman Crowds, and now this? I dunno, just seems like this one I really don't get. I guess if I swapped Kamen Rider for Spider-Man or something, but I dunno.

Show was DTL as fuuuuuck. Blonde boy is afraid of his hot boss, and main dude has a "Girlfriend who lives in Canada." Like seriously, Goto was even freaking Tsundere for Hero boy the whole time, plus the naked meeting. So damn DTL.

I'll stick with it, I mean, it doesn't seem like it's a bad show, but I dunno if it really does much for me.

Articalys

TODAY

IN JAPAN RIGHT NOW (by which I mean October 11)

IT IS TOMOKAZU SUGITA'S BIRTHDAY
RfF51XU.jpg
(pixiv link)

Jintor

Based Tomokazu Sugita.

What dumb streaming service is Spice and Wolf on? It's not on the one I have a sub for (Crunchy) : (

Midonin

North American anime advertising is still kinda cringeworthy. I'm glad Sentai Filmworks gets so many shows, but the puns, the puns. I love puns, and even I think they go too far.

jman2050

Golden Time 2

The animation for this show is quite bad, and it's saying something when I even bother to point that out. Like, it's not bad like powerpoint presentation-bad but it's unremarkable stylistically and miserable on a technical level.

That said, the show is still very charming even if I think it might be running a little long in the requisite "exposition" stage, especially since we don't really have much of a 'hook' yet, so to speak. I'm interested in seeing where things go. I just wish the OP and ED weren't so miserable, total disappointment there.

CorvoSol

VVV S2 1 (13)

I am not disappointed. It was suitably crazy enough for my tastes, with a thick glass of reality for Shoko to choke down when she realized running a country was going to be hard as fuck. Tough nookies, kiddo. Them's the breaks. Enjoy as the ARUS slowly bleeds your country dry.

Anyway, highlights of the episode for me were
Haruto being all "No bitch I don't want to rape you!" and L-Elf magically appearing before Haruto in his hour of need.

NEW THEORY: L-Elf is the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the only explanation for his mad skills, his amazing foreknowledge of everything, and how he can show up everywhere whenever and just waltz through things. The L obviously stands for Lord, and "ERU ERUFU" is even more obvious, since ERU is the name of God in the Lord of the Rings.

jgminto

Kill la Kill 2

I'm loving the art, characters and story but the animation is kinda jarring. A bit too Inferno Cop and not enough TTGL/LWA. It still looks pretty stylish thanks to the art, but just flipping the art instead of animating a turn still feels cheap.

Also Sensei HNNG!

fertygo

VVV S2 1 (13)

I am not disappointed. It was suitably crazy enough for my tastes, with a thick glass of reality for Shoko to choke down when she realized running a country was going to be hard as fuck. Tough nookies, kiddo. Them's the breaks. Enjoy as the ARUS slowly bleeds your country dry.

Anyway, highlights of the episode for me were
Haruto being all "No bitch I don't want to rape you!" and L-Elf magically appearing before Haruto in his hour of need.

NEW THEORY: L-Elf is the Lord Jesus Christ. It's the only explanation for his mad skills, his amazing foreknowledge of everything, and how he can show up everywhere whenever and just waltz through things. The L obviously stands for Lord, and "ERU ERUFU" is even more obvious, since ERU is the name of God in the Lord of the Rings.
My sides.....

Why you so cray corvo.

Theonik

Dennis has the ED too, but better wait a little more for a good quality version to be uploaded.
This is a great OP actually!

Did they really need to reuse footage from the first episode for the OP? Even if it was only like three seconds?

boring OP; I'm disappointed. The ED is at least better conceptually.
I wonder if the OP is still not done and that's the reason part of it is placeholder.

Yo, if you're posting Kill La Kill impressions, consider putting them in its OT as well. For a series that has a lot of hype behind it, we aren't generating enough hype in its OT (that and it's a torrent of posts when we do post about it.)
Fuck OTs.

You're spoiling future DTL posts!
Spoiler culture.

IS 2 - 2

KAICHOU DA BES, OH JESUS OH GOD. This show is too much for me but I leave satisfied.
I'm almost tempted to change my avatar into this. Almost.
KLK takes priority though.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm watching Kill La Kill, That Kyoani Show, and Golden Time... But only because they look pretty. Someone help me !! What are the story focused shows this season? I already have Coppelion chalked up.

Samurai Flamenco - 1

Well, this is certainly :DTL enough.

OP song is pretty mediocre J-rock, but I'm a sucker for delay-drenched riffs, so that particular hook is at least somewhat interesting. Chorus is fairly predictable. Apparently these guys have had a couple of their songs featured in Gintama according to Wikipedia, but I'm nowhere near far enough in it to have heard either of them. They're pretty meh, though, so I don't really care.

Speaking of Gintama, though, I don't think I can ever watch another anime with Sugita in it and not think of Gintoki. It's ruined me.

I wasn't expecting this to be so goofy. I don't really mind, though. I suppose a series heavily influenced by tokusatsu is inevitably going to be at least a little goofy.

I think it'll be fun, but nothing all that special.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
IS 2 - 2

KAICHOU DA BES, OH JESUS OH GOD. This show is too much for me but I leave satisfied.

I really need to get on this.

================================================

Kill la Kill - 02

Another awesome episode. The friendship bit with Mako was absolutely amazing and her family are a riot. Her little brother has no shame!

Tennis match was so legit. Giant ass rackets and power serves that made the concrete break upon impact was so damn fun to watch.

But goddamn at that preview for next week. SO. FUCKING. HYPED.

fertygo

SPYAIR Rocks.
I'm watching Kill La Kill, That Kyoani Show, and Golden Time... But only because they look pretty. Someone help me !! What are the story focused shows this season? I already have Coppelion chalked up.

No one watches anime for story anymore breh..

Either way its hard to tell in just 1-2 eps, come back in a month.

I bet my money Okuchi the anime story writer god will deliver masterpiece again.

cnet128

Banned

Go try Nagi no Asu Kara, Tokyo Ravens, and maybe Strike the Blood.

And possibly one or both of the Noitamina anime that started today, Galileidonna and Samurai Flamenco. I haven't got around to checking those out yet, but they seem pretty hype maybe.

Midonin

When it comes to Flamenco's music, my order of interest goes something like this.

The show within a show insert songs for the heroes sung by veteran toku singers like Akira Kushida and Takayuki Miyauchi > the ED (it's Tomatsu and Mao Ichimichi, and I like idols) > the OP.

The OP's fine, but the other two are closer to my tastes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kitakubu 12 -END-

Honestly this was probably one of the best episodes of the shows run, if not the best. I have to admit I found Kitakubu to be quite boring a lot of the time, but they knocked it out of the park with this last episode (at least comparatively).

Overall, this was a pretty meh show. The writing was weak and the characters all fell into very clearly defined stereotypes. The "Mugi", the genki girl, the cute one, the strong one, and the straight man. It also all too often fell into the "references and fourth-wall breaking are funny, let's just do that!" trap that a lot of comedies fall into. There were a couple of episodes where the only things I got a chuckle out of were MonHun references.

So yeah, I found it very average as far as comedies go. Again, if you want a real gag show, watch Nichijou or Nichibros. They're so far above this.

Articalys

Looks like they'll be livestreaming loctest footage from Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax over the weekend at this Ustream channel. At the moment I'm posting this no one seems to be around so it's just CPUs fighting as part of the demo reel, but later in the day when people start showing up there'll probably be some actual matches.

edit: looks like the first players showed up, though they're just testing out moves for now.

edit2: I just saw Shizuo charge straight through Mikoto's railgun attack using a van door as a shield, so I'm satisfied for now.

Kyousougiga 1

Man I really enjoyed this. Some much needed coherence has been injected and it's produced something awesome. A lovely looking show with some natural feeling character interactions and drama, cut with some more off the wall moments and base concept. Questions are raised that stand a chance of actually being answered this time. Maybe the strongest debut episode this season for me.

I like how laid back the material is. Temple priests angry about your skills? Make your own world instead.

Samurai Flamenco 01

Half of the episode I was wondering if I wasn't just watching an adaptation of very interesting manga series I have read before.

I will admit the set-up is pretty nice of a wanna be hero and what you'll call a hero these days. Though the wanna-be hero does reach points of chuu cringe-worthy but I hope the series is more of his growth instead of the other way.

Plus it has Sugita and a SPYAIR OP.

Kill la Kill - 1

Got a P&SG vibe from this show, but I feel like the show is less interesting than P&SG because it tries to shoehorn some world-building and plot into all the dialogue. It bores me honestly.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
KILL la KILL 2

This OP is lewd as fuck, but of course the whole show is even more lewd.

But I'm really loving how faced-paced, humorous, and utterly and unapologetically ridiculous this show is. And as always, badass music and based Trigger. Show is so fucking good.

AOTF. Besides this and Valvrave (IT'S BACK!) and IS, my plate is just full of fuckin nonsense.

Syrinx

Galilei Donna 1

I liked it.

Kozuki, or whatever the young redhead's name is, sure has a lot of explaining to do, building an airship and having a talking goldfish and whatnot. I don't think her family knew anything about this, so it'll be interesting to see the reactions and what this leads to with the family. I wonder how her sisters will get involved with everything she's doing and thus with the people who are after them.

Thought the show looked fantastic. Ver interesting setting, liked the character designs.

jgminto

I think I can now determine my Season START Official Husbando Top 5 List of Fall!

1. Uzu Sanageyama Kill la Kill
i0JQrQGkgD4Ei.jpg

So dreamy...and Viral's VO. Too good.

2. Aikuro Mikisugi Kill la Kill
ilwiWqafJMsYi.gif

'nuff said

3. Cicinho Galilei Donna
iTRWIWNp4QNv8.png

Italian Space Pirate, yes please

4. Goto Hidenori Samurai Flamenco
iejqtSYgql4SI.png

Based Sugita

5. Takuma Hachimine Meganebu
i0RHhFmq85Qno.png

I want to sniff his hair. I bet it smells like cream puffs.

LayLa

On Oct. 26, Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie: Rebellion will begin playing in Japan. The work has already caused quite a commotion due to it having a newly created original story. Now, surprising news has been announced. Madoka Magica and Monogatari Series Second Season will collaborate on the big screen in the form of a series of manner movies. These short videos are written by Nisio Isin, writer of the Monogatari series, and will begin screening in theaters in Japan.

more here

Kill la Kill - 2

Yeah, this show just isn't for me, I think it's all the dialog, somewhat reminiscent of Attack on Titan's endless talking during the action, but not as grating, just...boring.

Dresden

After all that sicko incest shit from Oreimo/Monogatari/etc, it'll be nice to see a series focus on bonds of family instead of satisfying some little sister fetish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom