• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
so many waifus.

GzCaFgQ.jpg

can't wait!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Infinite Stratos 2
So... I really don't know how I feel about this show. I mean, there is a downgrade in the animation, which I don't really care about, but more importantly there is a massive change in in tone.

What I have to believe was self-awareness in the first season just feels like it's completely lost, as in this episode we have THREE instances where the director cuts away seconds before Ichika is beat up by one of the haremites for being a doofus. That's just fucking terrible and lowers the show from greatness to a standard harem anime. :/

On the other hand... HOLY FUCK:
JhIQbPil.png

uWxEVTZl.png

Russia just fucking owns. Unlike Char, who is also self-aware, Russia is just a troll who just wants to blow up the harem for shiggles. So good.

If only the show was like it was back in season 1... it'd be perfect. :(

Articalys

By the way, I didn't realize it earlier, but the pupa YouTube PV has an amusing English "translation" of the story in the description:
The tale of the ultimate brothers-and-sisters love which the younger sister who monster-ized, and its elder brother who lived and became food spin.
It also seems to have a disclaimer about disturbing imagery.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
it's like you guys didn't even read the interview about the pupa girl eating food in front of the microphone.

BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 1 The Red Rebel

Its almost as if someone at these anime studios is legit trying to see who can make the worst game adaptation anime. I cant imagine how people who never experienced BlazBlue felt while watching this and wondering just how in the world Ragna ended up either here or there or even why.

I was massively disappointed and let down by the OP that turned pretty offensive to us Faylan fans, how does one give such a fantastic musical talent such a bland, dull, and forgettable OP. Im not even an armchair animator. Consider God Fate, Wonder Fang, and even the abominable Hagure Yuusha no Estetica with Realization and then look at this and one can see why one would be up in arms. I hope massive changes are planned as I just cant deal with this OP in its current form.

I guess I did like the ost and at least
nii-san moments were hilariously good, hoping for more Jin Ragna

InuYasha 82

Watching InuYasha interact in the modern world is always hilarious. I wouldn't mind a series around these two characters in the modern time.

Refrain probably doesn't need more than 6 episodes anyway. Though I haven't watched the adaptation at all, so I don't really know how things actually stand.

Well, besides ruining the story (lol, I guess), can they actually get away with only paying for 6 weeks? What happens to the other 6 weeks in that slot before the next season?!

Well, didn't they sort of lengthen the storyline of Refrain by putting Kurugaya's arc in it? ... if there are only 6 episodes then how is anything going to get properly resolved -- I mean this is a KEY show where things take a million years to get done

InuYasha 83

So this is the first episode of InuYasha I saw on Toonami, just skipped around a bit as I've already seen it but I like the character Ayame. I know she was originally anime filler but the mangaka enjoyed the character she name dropped her in the manga which is pretty sweet.

Edit:

InuYasha 84

Ditto with this episode, it's a two parter so not much else to say

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Well, didn't they sort of lengthen the storyline of Refrain by putting Kurugaya's arc in it? ... if there are only 6 episodes then how is anything going to get properly resolved -- I mean this is a KEY show where things take a million years to get done
Yeah, I found it weird that people got like multi episode arcs in the first season... what a total disaster if this turns out to be a glorified OVA being aired on TV.

Shergal

Valvrave 13
The king is back, BEAST HIGH, etc.

I have to say though, I'm extremely impressed with the pacing of the episode. It was bookended with two cool action scenes to create excitement, and managed to catch up with everyone's situation after the brief timeskip, without making it feel rushed. From Cain and Mirko's shenanigans, to the pretty Dorssia badguys, to Haruto's "angst" (lol) that pervades the second half of the episode. All without stumbling into the plot points, and they even squeezed in some foreshadowing with the last scene!

Good stuff.

Infinite Stratos 2
So... I really don't know how I feel about this show. I mean, there is a downgrade in the animation, which I don't really care about, but more importantly there is a massive change in in tone.

What I have to believe was self-awareness in the first season just feels like it's completely lost, as in this episode we have THREE instances where the director cuts away seconds before Ichika is beat up by one of the haremites for being a doofus. That's just fucking terrible and lowers the show from greatness to a standard harem anime. :/

On the other hand... HOLY FUCK:
JhIQbPil.png

uWxEVTZl.png

Russia just fucking owns. Unlike Char, who is also self-aware, Russia is just a troll who just wants to blow up the harem for shiggles. So good.

If only the show was like it was back in season 1... it'd be perfect. :(

You can try to catch lightning in a bottle twice, but it rarely works out just as well the second time as it did the first... but it could have been a lot worse, at least.

Kill la Kill - 2

I could absolutely go for an extremely over-the-top hot-blooded tennis anime.

Also, my reaction from the KLK OT (although it's not particularly insightful or anything):

This series continues to be extremely fun, unsurprisingly.

I really like how cartoony it is (especially the cartoon physics and the sight gags), and also the blatant influence Go Nagai had on it. The fact that it's so unabashedly ridiculous (yet still self-aware) is what makes it so much fun.

Also, Sensei is absolutely fabulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom