• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonzo

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 1

samuraiflam1.jpg

I liked Galilai Donna but this really was the standout show from the noitaminA block for me if only thanks to the overall
bait and switch with the PV material making it look like an actual Sentai thing and not just some dweeb in a really tacky suit (yes i know about the synopsis for it but still.)
lmfao

Pooya

Samurai Flamenco - 1

Don't have much to say about it, it has potential to be really funny. There is very little in this episode to say yet. will watch.

Theonik

Kinda hype.

Panty & Stocking 5

There's so much wrong with the idea of a nasal G-Spot I don't know where to begin.
Are you doubting Imaishi-sama?

Valvrave the Liberator S2 1

it's back baby!

Infinite Stratos S2 2

student council pres shaking shit up like a total troll.
Until she also joins the harem. You know it'll happen!

Black Rock Shooter TV 1

http://i.imgur.com/lm95j13.jpg

Black Rock Shooter TV 2

http://i.imgur.com/rHRyj2N.jpg

Black Rock Shooter TV 3

http://i.imgur.com/XdNMaDc.jpg

Black Rock Shooter TV 4

http://i.minus.com/ijLXojav19ieC.gif
Deeper. Go deeper.

So I finally ordered the Little Witch Academia BD set off of TRIGGER a couple of days ago, and it arrived not more than ten minutes ago.
If only shipping wasn't totally coocoo I'd go for it :(

Thoraxes

Kill la Kill - 02

Based TRIGGER gods.

Fan-service, manservice, action, story, plot, comedy... you have it all, and I am not worthy of the greatness you deliver into my body week after week.

OP was cool, liked the ED too. GIVE ME MORE AND MORE INTO MY BODY.
That glove was fucking crazy and it's only going to get EVEN MORE CRAZY.

I give it an updated TRIGGER/10.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
samurai flamenco 01
i felt like most of the scenes were pieced together as fujoshi bait, so this felt cheap and tacky the whole way through. often times it was pulling in that direction so hard it had a negative impact on the actual presentation of information, where you have stuff like the naked alley scene being used as the intro catch. the self righteous stuff was boring and one note, and the subject matter is completely uninteresting to me.

Theonik

Eden of the East 01-02
This has been pretty entertaining so far. Premise sounds like a good version of Mirai Nikki from what I understand from the episode 2 ending.
But yeah main girl 2 moe.

Senyuu 01/02
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kids on the Slope 01-02
I'd already seen the first episode last may if you remember but still. Pretty enjoyable so far glasses guy x that girl seems like a good pair. Wonder how it's going to turn out. Good music too.

L-Elf super happy fun time season 2 ep 1
Valvrave the liberator s2

oh its back, all i have to say is that's how you start a motherfucking season. 3 months has been too long a wait for this delicacy of animated japanese cartoon
We finally got some answers, valvraves are powered by "runes" what ever the fuck that means, also the magius seem to be a race of space vampires who likely have something to do with the creation of the valvraves, also the head of dorassia was made into one, and possibly the head of space america was made into one as well. Space America seems to have also entered into some sort of agreement with module 77. i for one cant wait to see where this train wreck of awesome takes us.
RIp boku janai.

Kill La kill ep 2

as this seems like its imashi's love letter to old school go nagai stuff like cutey honey but with a modern flare, the op was pretty much what i expected with henshin sequences reminiscent of both cutey honey, and gainax's later cutey honey update Re:cutey honey. this ep followed much of the format of the first episode, that being ryuuko vs school club leader of the week. Mako's family was crazy, also it was nice to see the contrast of the slums vs the academy elites. Ryuuko's uniform senketsu being voiced by the same voice of Momotaros from Kamen rider Den-0 is quite the treat, i just hope at one point senketsu yells out ether "Ore Sanjou" or "Saishu kara saigo made CLIMAX da". Ryuuko's teacher is also quite the boss. the tennis fight was quite dynamic with ryuuko eventually using her scissor blade as a make shift racket.
episode 3 seems like it will be in entirely a diffrent direction giving us some much needed backstory on satsuki, who also wears the same type of uniform as Ryuuko. it'll be intresting if she ends up being the mid or final boss, or ends up teaming up with ryuuko at a later point as the "secondary rider" ala tokusatsu shows.

Ookiku Furikabutte 01

LU0Oq3Vl.jpg

Base Ball Bear OP, amazing.

I guess I can finally finish this show after I stopped somewhere.

Watching something over again lets you appreciate the dialogue that's going on and catch little hints that are dropped here and there. Still an enjoyable show though that's before any real long baseball matches actually happen. Abe's still the best of course.

And tajima, mizutani, izumi, hamada, and kanou.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Golden Time 2

The stuff with the Tea Club was hilarious. :lol
2D-kun!

Other than that, just furthering the story, I guess. Not much to say about it other than it was enjoyable. It seems like next episode is going to be when
Kaga and Tada start to maybe develop feelings for each other
?

sonicmj1

Kill la Kill 2

The awesome train keeps on rolling.

The show is still in exposition mode, but this episode felt a lot more typical. Ryuuko is roped into a fight with one of Satsuki's lackeys, she talks with people and we learn things in the leadup, it ends with a climactic showdown. The humor here aims cruder than I'd usually like, but it's not over the line. The dinner with Mako's family was fun, and I liked the action in the climax.

i9e7K7ZQDWwCO.jpg

Excellent animation technique on all those power shots. Every one of them felt incredibly impactful.

The presentation has me hooked enough that I'll keep watching this regardless of what happens, but Trigger's going to have to start doing more with the characters to truly make me fall in love.

On an unrelated note, I'm not a fan of Crunchyroll's translation here. It's one thing to leave all the special moves in Japanese, but they're also not translating essential terms that aren't exactly lacking in English equivalents. Goku Uniforms has rubbed me the wrong way from the start (goku/極 can mean "extremely", so pretty much any ridiculous adjective could work, since the prison pun is entirely untranslatable and not worth preserving for English-speaking viewers), and they take that further with "Kamui" (God [Uniform]) and "Seki Tekko" (red glove) where imagination would easily provide more comprehensible and English-appropriate equivalents. If they're used over and over, the audience will learn the terms, but it doesn't seem much different from the worst practices of early-2000s fansubbing.

Just something that I felt like sharing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Actually I would not be surprised if Crunchyroll left Goku Uniforms untouched precisely because of the Dragon Ball Z connection, which actually works fairly well. The rest is , yea, much less effective and should have been changed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kill la Kill 2

Trigger keeping up the awesome. Tons of fanservice (and manservice) this time, too. I love how the plot is essentially No More Heroes at this stage. In fact, I'd be super disappointed if there wasn't a Kill la Kill video game at some point. It just seems too perfect for it.

Also, I wonder if there's any connection between the school being named Honnouji Academy and the historical Honnouji, where Nobunaga Oda was betrayed and forced to commit suicide by Akechi Mitsuhide.

cajunator

Banned
Hey guys, I heard Kyoani finally returned to anime this week.

Ohhhh yessss they did :D

So I finally ordered the Little Witch Academia BD set off of TRIGGER a couple of days ago, and it arrived not more than ten minutes ago.

HOLY SHIT THIS THING IS HUGE I HAD NO IDEA.

This is the cover of the mook that comes with it. Easily worth $30 on its own IMO. The insides are super classy.

This is the back of the mook. The full artwork is really beautiful. The text on the slip goes around btw. It says "Never forget, a believing heart is your magic."

This is the front of the BD/CD box. It's the same size as the mook, so it's pretty goddamn big.

Next up is the back of the box. Looooooooooove it.

Lastly is the inside of the box and a look at the two discs. Haven't actually popped these in yet.

Bless TRIGGER. This set is definitely worth the $60 they're charging.

I need this. Prefereably asap.
How did you sign up? did you use a proxy to order it?

I have been missing a horror anime for this Halloween season, hopefully this comes out this month.

Is this supposed to be horrific? Or cute? Or horrifically cute?

I need this. Prefereably asap.
How did you sign up? did you use a proxy to order it?

Living in Japan, I just ordered it normally off the Japanese site.

I know they're taking preorders for western buyers though off the English site. They haven't started shipping yet though. Should be soon I imagine.

cajunator

Banned
Living in Japan, I just ordered it normally off the Japanese site.

I know they're taking preorders for western buyers though off the English site. They haven't started shipping yet though. Should be soon I imagine.

Do you have a link to the english site where I can preorder it?
I dont want to miss this!

Theonik

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 05
%28g_p%29%20giant%20robo%2005%281080p%2010-bit%29%289b1798b2%29.mkv_snapshot_11.44_%5B2013.10.10_18.44.54%5D.png

C96 watch
Oh wow this episode. So many manly tears had. And the twists. Those twists. Aaaaaaa.
I didn't see Franken Von Fogler's final moments coming. That was just... Wow. And the double cross. Alberto didn't deserve this.
Then the direction was also top notch throughout. Some of those shots man.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
TL;DR godly episode Imagawa *bow* *bow*

/XX/

You know, I like that Ryūko is doing more times that strategic retreat of hers (Joestar-style), and I'd love for them to take further advantage of that in following showdowns to create for these a different kind of expectations. Not only fits her image as a newcomer, a rookie and also makes her appear as a funny run-of-the-mil villain of sorts taken from a old-school episodic series, but also because it could add a type of sudden uncertainty to her upcoming battles rather than those sure, telegraphed climax ones that feel like a staged path to clear step-by-step, something which is usual to see.

But what's more interesting, it presents Ryūko as a voluble, stubborn fighter that knows her limits, learns from them, and isn't completely stupid about it like other characters. A person that you can't help but cheer on sometimes for her (early) incompetence and that maybe, maybe will give us in the future an opportunity to take solace at the sight of her having grown-up throughout the following episodes of the series.

Difficult not to root for such a lovely underdog! :-D

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 05

Oh wow this episode. So many manly tears had. And the twists. Those twists. Aaaaaaa.
I didn't see Franken Von Fogler's final moments coming. That was just... Wow. And the double cross. Alberto didn't deserve this.
Then the direction was also top notch throughout. Some of those shots man.
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
TL;DR godly episode Imagawa *bow* *bow*

Tetsugyu's scene in 05 makes me tear up everytime.

The finale is the absolute best if you like it this far. Enjoy man

Galalei Donna 1

This was a pretty good start. Lots of action and some great animation. We didn't have much time to learn about the family yet but there were some scenes that let us see glimpses of the girls personality. Will watch more.

/XX/

For me KLK feel like mish mash of Go Nagai stuff for the bizarreness (and pervert), Bakabon and other old family show for sense of nostalgia, and stuff like Utena that introduce many familiar trope for modern title. Creating bridge between modern and older anime age.

I think they want create something that make you want check the old stuff, Dezaki stuff, Kanada stuff,Nagai stuff and those older anime again.
Yeah, and proven quite true seeing how young key people at the Japanese animation industry nowadays found about a legend like Yoshinori Kanada:

Quick Summary: “Lets drink and talk about the appeal of Yoshinori Kanada!” | The Vanishing Trooper Incident said:
I missed the start of the talk, but tuned in when they were discussing their first exposure to Kanada’s animation or the Kanada style. Okazaki, Kurita, Nakagawa and Oonuma mentioned either Genma Taisen (and the Kanada Dragon) or watching something done by Imaishi. Can’t recall what Muroi said, but he mentioned seeing slightly different animation on Ghibli works and realised the bits he noticed were always done by Kanada. Kameda also first came into contact with the Kanada style via Imaishi. He remembers reading an Imaishi interview and the name Kanada or Kanada style always came up, which promoted Kameda to look further into Kanada. Kameda saw the Bryger intro and was simply amazed by it all.
http://vanishingtrooper.wordpress.c...nd-talk-about-the-appeal-of-yoshinori-kanada/

People like Hiroyuki Imaishi truly act as that necessary bridge between generations!

Remember the Toei/France Ladybug Anime that went CG then didn't then maybe did again? Turns out it did.

Least it looks kinda interesting
I thought this was split off into a CG movie and a 2D TV series or vice versa.
It was planned as a 'transmedia' project since the beginning, with a 3DCGI animation film and also TV series as a companion included (http://variety.com/2010/film/news/duo-prep-s3d-superhero-toon-1118025064/), what it has been changing since then is some information available at Zag Inc., description about the series... be it changing the number from "26 episodes" to "56 episodes", or changing a phrase from "2D SERIES" to "2D & CGI SERIES".

You know, I'm Spanish and I didn't notice the meaning. Ouch.
¡Otro español aquí pa'l redil que es 'AnimeGAF' no vendría nada mal! Pásate mas veces por aquí, 'porfa'. :)

duckroll

Meganebu - Episode 1

I have no idea what I just watched. It was like someone came up with vague concepts like "glasses club", "homosexual overtones", "4koma style comedy", and mixed them all into an original anime without any actual foundation or purpose. It wasn't even bad, just incredibly odd and unnatural. Feels more like an advertisement for something (but I don't know what) than an actual show. I laughed a few times, but I probably won't continue watching this because it feels like a waste of time.

Detective Conan 252:
Ayumi is the worst. Seriously. She behaves so recklessly, even being told by everyone not to. Fortunately they were up against one of the world's dumbest criminals. You know, I don't mind TMS using the Detective Boys more often in the anime original cases, but it would be nice if they would actually have some halfway competent criminals in some of these cases, and have something interesting happening.

Are even the young kids in the audience going to be excited by watching the characters run around town for five minutes seeing where they can see a clock from a particular angle?

¡Otro español aquí pa'l redil que es 'AnimeGAF' no vendría nada mal! Pásate mas veces por aquí, 'porfa'. :)

Malagueño. Muchas veces comento las series de la semana con una amiga mía, y tras eso no tengo esa necesidad de comentarlas en foros, por eso no escribo mucho. Estuve en Meri durante muuchos años, por si eres miembro, si bien ya lo dejé y me paso más por aqui.

Nagi no Asukara - 2
It isn't terrible? Maybe? The animation was nice, and clearly there some interesting backstory for both main characters. The neko-mon was facepalm worthy, in the other hand.

Rarity

Coppelion 2

Drama drama drama drama drama drama drama drama.

This show certainly likes its drama.

I kind of like its drama too.

(This episode contained a loli suffering from
three parental deaths
. Now that's what I call going the extra mile.)

It's a nice change of pace from all of the other stuff I'm checking out, so I appreciate it. Beautiful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom