• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samurai Flamenco 1

really mixed feelings about this, loved the cop but loathed the model. if the show was about the cop's life i'd be 100% on board, but given the show title it's going to heavily feature the asshole model guy isn't it. will give it a couple more episodes to see which direction it goes in but expectations are now low.

I think the show will compare both characters. Both watched the toku series in their infancy, but while one daydreamed until adulthood, the other chose to be a "real" hero, a cop.

No saying the series is good, right now we only have the basic concept, presented in a meh first episode. It can be good, or it can go into a trite route and be bad. 3 episode rule, imo.

duckroll

Now that I've watched all the first episodes of the shows I was planning on, it's list time.

God-Tier
Gundam Build Fighters

Top-Tier
Kyousogiga TV
Valvrave Season 2
Samurai Flamenco

Good-Tier
Galilei Donna
Kill la Kill
Yozakura Quartet

Almost-Dropped-Tier
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped-Tier
Magi S2
Log Horizon
Meganebu

Felt like a morning cartoon that one watches while waiting for their time to walk to the school bus, that is to say, watchable and decent though nothing special beyond enemies dropping loot. Could be flashier and have some element of surprise and suspense.

yeah it did, kinda feels the same way I felt about Ranma 1/2 back in the 90s, not A tier, maybe not even B, but still watchable.

yep. I tend to give shows the 3-4 episode rule nowadays though since Madoka didnt get amazing until 3-4 episodes in.

As to Samurai Flamenco I keep repeating to myself this can't be it as there's too much talent behind it.

Dresden

watching:

kyousogiga - da best
kill la kill - imaishi pls
gundam build fighters - rinko-san unf unf
valvrave 2 - BEAST HIGH
yozakura quartet - good animation, fun fights, cute gurls
yowamushi pedal - fun sport shonen
samurai flamenco - could be amusing, liked the banter between the two leads at least
ippo rising - it's fucking ippo

have yet to check out:

gingitsune
galilei donna

probably dropping soon:

beyond the beyond - it's bad

Soma

Kyousougiga > Kill La Kill > Yozakura Quartet > Valvrave S2 > Galilei Donna > Kyoukai no Kanata > White Album 2 > Golden Time > Log Horizon > Samurai Flamenco > Coppelion > Yuushibu > IS 2 > Outbreak Company

Everything after Golden Time I may end up dropping.

Still waiting on Pupa ;_;

yami4ct

It's tier list time again?

Amazing Tier:
Gundam Build Fighters
Valvrave S2
Coppelion

Interesting Tier:
Samurai Flamenco
Kill La Kill

Dropper Tier:
Nothing yet, thankfully

Gazoinks

Fun time with lists go go. Of the series I've seen so far:

WATCH FOR SURE YES Tier:
-Kill La Kill
-Kyousogiga TV

Maybe Watch If I Feel Like It, But Probably Won't Actively Follow Tier:
-Gingitsune

Wait and See and Hope It's Good Tier:
-Coppelion
-Samurai Flamenco

Meh Tier:
-Galilei Donna

Still Need To Check Out Tier:
-Hajime no Ippo
-Kyoukai no Kanata
-Golden Time
-White Album 2
-Gundam Build Fighters

Vaporware Tier:
-Pupa

Narag

What's Outbreak Company anyways? It seems like a harem comedy but at the same time it also looks like it might focus more on moe shit.

Having a light novel author father and an eroge illustrator mother, Kanou Shinichi is a thoroughbred otaku. However he does not have any special power except for his broad knowledge, sharp insight, and impeccable instinct about "MOE" and its products, from manga to anime to games to light novel to figures. One day he found himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. And he is given a task—not to fight monster or embark on a quest, but to enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary" in this fantasy world! He meets a palace guard who has a bit of fujoshi taste, a half-elf maid, and the empress who is a little girl. He comes up with the idea of building a school. At first it runs as a comedy but later there are serious matters that Shinichi needs to face: ethnic discrimination, social problems, conflict with neighboring countries, sabotage by opposition elements including Japanese government, etc. Can he overcome the obstacles, successfully bring "moe" culture to the fantasy world, and help the people there as well?

List time? List time.

Favorites:
Kyousougiga TV
Kill La Kill
Log Horizon
Gingitsune

Good stuff:
Copellion
Galilei Donna
Non Non Biyori
Yozakura Quartet
Teekyu 3

BEAST HIGH:
VVV 2

It is what it is:
IS 2
Outbreak Company
Machine Doll

Disappointing aside from cat MILF and fuwafuwa:
Kyoukai no Kanata

DROPPED:
Golden Time

Definitely Tier

Kill La Kill
Valvrave S2
Phi Brain S3
Gundam Build Fighters

Probably Tier

Log Horizon
Coppelion
Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta
Unbreakable Machine Doll
Tokyo Ravens
Galilei Donna

Maybe Tier

Strike the Blood
Beyond the Boundary

Bad Tier

BlazBlue After Memory (will still watch as a fan of the game)

Dropped Tier

Samurai Flamenco (boring zzz dumb stupid)

May Pick Up Tier

Ace of Diamonds
Infinite Stratos 2 (if I like IS1)
Freezing Vibrations (if I like Freezing)

Will watch when I catch up Tier

Ippo Rising

What's Outbreak Company anyways? It seems like a harem comedy but at the same time it also looks like it might focus more on moe shit.

It's a series I still cannot believe actually exists. It takes otaku pandering to a new level.

Anyway, I still need to check out Kyousougiga. Today would probably be a good time to do that, as I'm not watching anything that airs on Fridays. I meant to watch the first ONA when it came out, but I never got around to it, and then the others came out and I still didn't get around to it.

LayLa

Free
Kyousogiga
Non Non Biyori

On Parole
Golden Time
Kill la Kill
Galilei Donna
Samurai Flamenco
White Album

Death Row
Coppelion
Kyokai no Kanata
Gingitsune

Executed
RIP the rest

Having a light novel author father and an eroge illustrator mother, Kanou Shinichi is a thoroughbred otaku. However he does not have any special power except for his broad knowledge, sharp insight, and impeccable instinct about "MOE" and its products, from manga to anime to games to light novel to figures. One day he found himself transported to a fantasy world where elves live and dragons fly. And he is given a task—not to fight monster or embark on a quest, but to enhance cultural exchange by becoming a "moe missionary" in this fantasy world! He meets a palace guard who has a bit of fujoshi taste, a half-elf maid, and the empress who is a little girl. He comes up with the idea of building a school. At first it runs as a comedy but later there are serious matters that Shinichi needs to face: ethnic discrimination, social problems, conflict with neighboring countries, sabotage by opposition elements including Japanese government, etc. Can he overcome the obstacles, successfully bring "moe" culture to the fantasy world, and help the people there as well?

I read too many moe keywords in there to even consider watching.

But then I read that list of his obstacles at the end and I burst out laughing. I can already imagine it.

- Oh hey there little girl. What might be your name?
- No Shinichi! Don't get near that unMoe! She's disgusting!
- What's wrong with her?
- Her eyes aren't nearly big enough and she doesn't look 10 years younger than her actual age. I mean they should just kill themselves kawaii desu
- That's kind of harsh
- Nyyyyyyyyyan purge the infidels

Woo List Time!

Will Watch For Sure:
-Kyoukai no Kanata
-Kuroko no Basket 2
-Tokyo Ravens
-Kyousougiga
-Teekyuu S3

Willing to Keep Up With:
-Strike the Blood
-Yuusha ni Narenakatta
-Log Horizon
-Ace of Diamond
-Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
-Samurai Flamenco

Not Really Sure Of:
-Gingitsune
-Yowamushi Pedal
-BlazBlue: Alter Memory
-Galilei Donna
-Outbreak Company

Will Probably Drop:
-Meganebu!
-Noucome
-Kill La Kill
-Nagi no Asukara
-Diabolik Lovers

Looking over this, following less than 15 shows will definitely be my goal.

Branduil

It's pretty amusing how some writers are deluded enough to think their niche, bizarre otaku fetishes would somehow be appealing en masse to people from an utterly alien cultural context instead of causing them all to recoil in horror or befuddled amusement.

The BEST tier:
Kill La Kill
Kyousogiga
Gundam Build Fighters

Enjoyable Tier:
Non Non Biyori
Gingitsune

Cautiously Optimistic Tier:
Galilei Donna
White Album 2
Coppelion

KyoAnus Tier:
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped Tier:
Golden Time
Idolwrasslin

Still need to watch Samurai Flamenco

I'm not even watching enough to make a proper tier list. For some reason, I just haven't been watching anywhere near as much anime as usual this year.

Yeah i thought it's moe shit,but actually it's about Liberty,equality and fraternity
And MC actual get mad when there is racist thing happened
tIBAotO.jpg

yami4ct

No wonder people think that anime fans in general are stupid. :(

The idea of a universally likable piece of media is something that the internet has really propagated and it's quite annoying. It's quite childish and ignores the fact that people just have different tastes. It also helps unfairly sweep the faults of whatever thing you're pushing under a rug.

I read too many moe keywords in there to even consider watching.

But then I read that list of his obstacles at the end and I burst out laughing. I can already imagine it.

- Oh hey there little girl. What might be your name?
- No Shinichi! Don't get near that unMoe! She's disgusting!
- What's wrong with her?
- Her eyes aren't nearly big enough and she doesn't look 10 years younger than her actual age. I mean they should just kill themselves kawaii desu
- That's kind of harsh
- Nyyyyyyyyyan purge the infidels

Yeah, there has been nothing of that.

I like to describe the show as Japan has found a new world and decided they must SPREAD THE WONDERS OF JAPANESE PRODUCTS THERE.

Kiniro Mosaic, Episode 1

This show is adorablepants. Life should be full of utopian, multicultural experiences such as this.
Wdcydg0.png

What? This is clearly utopian.
The English was quite good. It definitely wasn't perfect. But a lot better than a lot of anime out there. You could tell that the voice actresses worked really hard on their English for this anime. Which isn't something they necessarily had to do. It's also really, really adorable English. It doesn't need to be accurate if it's cute.

I was worried this whole show was going to be letterboxed. And that I has stumbled upon a bad version of it. But as it turns out, that's just how they animated the first segment of the show.

I want to live in a world where the world is like this all the time.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Ai Kats

Aikatsu S2

Great

Kyousougiga
Valvrave S2

Good

Kill la Kill
Yozakura Quartet

Meh

Freezing Vibration
Gundam Build Fighters
Kyoukai no Kanata
Samurai Flamenco

May Drop

Galilei Donna
Gingitsune
Log Horizon

Dropped

Blazblue

Little Bitch

Diabolik Lovers

Here's my best attempt (yay peer pressure!):

Watching Tier
Kill la Kill
Samurai Flamenco

I Keep Rationalizing Watching This and It's Getting Harder and Harder Tier
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped Before I Even Watched the First Episode and Just Played The Last of Us Instead Tier
Coppelion

Need to Get Around to Watching Tier
Kyousougiga
Gundam Build Fighters

Joe Molotov

Kiniro Mosaic, Episode 1

This show is adorablepants. Life should be full of utopian, multicultural experiences such as this.

The English was quite good. It definitely wasn't perfect. But a lot better than a lot of anime out there. You could tell that the voice actresses worked really hard on their English for this anime. Which isn't something they necessarily had to do. It's also really, really adorable English. It doesn't need to be accurate if it's cute.

I was worried this whole show was going to be letterboxed. And that I has stumbled upon a bad version of it. But as it turns out, that's just how they animated the first segment of the show.

I want to live in a world where the world is like this all the time.

Just wait until you get to the "YOUR ENGLISH IS VERY AWKWARD" scene. It was so cute, I literally died.

Gazoinks

Is Gundam Build Fighters worth watching if you have absolutely no familiarity with Gundam? That's the main reason it isn't on my to-watch list.

Narag

Is Gundam Build Fighters worth watching if you have absolutely no familiarity with Gundam? That's the main reason it isn't on my to-watch list.

I think some novelty would be lost but it'd ultimately depend on how much you desire sexy 2D mecha fighting.

Serious

At least for initial impressions...

Top tier:
Log Horizon
Valvrave (doesn't really count, since it's basically a carryover from Spring)

High tier:
Outbreak Company
Kill la Kill
Galilei Donna
White Album 2
Golden Time

Solid:
Infinite Stratos 2
Yuushibu
Non Non Biyori
Kyousougiga

Meh:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Walkure Romanze
Yowamushi Pedal
Samurai Flamenco

Still need more time to judge:
Coppelion, Yozakura Quartet, Nagi no Asukara, Tokyo Ravens, Arpeggio, Gingitsune, Unbreakable Machine Doll, Freezing

Think that's everything. Overall enjoying the hell out of this season. Nothing dropped quite yet, though KnK is coming real close.

It's such a shame KnK is giving everybody the same meh feeling since the animation is just MMMMMMMMMMM delicious. Also it might not be official anime, but I just want to say that I haven't done a list but the only ones I'm considering dropping are KnK and Legend of Korra.

Vecks

Eagerly Anticipating Next Episode Tier
Ippo Rising
Log Horizon
Kill la Kill
Kuroko S2

Somewhat Enjoyable Tier
Gundam Build Fighters
Gingitsune

Losing Interest Fast Tier
Kyoukai no Kanata
Infinite Stratos 2