• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynedom

Beast High Tier
Valvrave S2

High Tier
Kyousougiga
Kill la Kill

Good Tier
Gallilei Donna (episode 2 may move it up)
Golden Time
Log Horizon

Okay Tier
Strike The Blood

Boring Tier
Beyond the Beyond the Beyond the Be-

Didn't Watch Tier
Gundam Build Fighters (rectifying soon)
Coppellion
IS 2
Outbreak Company
Samurai Flamenco

jman2050

Keeping up with my habit of watching almost nothing as it actually airs, I'm basically casting my lot with Kill la Kill and provisionally KnK and Golden Time. Maybe IS2 for the hatewatch, I don't know.

Jarmel

Banned
Speaking of Kyoukai no Kanata, I recently just saw some future episode summaries and the anime is seemingly drastically different compared to the LN. They're accelerating a later part of the LNs and so it looks to be much more action heavy than I expected.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Right, I guess it is time for me to post the revised watch list.

The Excellent Tier
Coppelion
Kill La Kill
Gundam Build Fighters
Galilei Donna

The Good Tier
Log Horizon
Gingitsune
Ace of Diamond
Noucome

The Guilty Pleasure/Entertaining Crap Tier
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai!
Yuusha ni Narenakatta
Walkure Romanze

The Tier of Uncertainty
Kyoukai no Kanata
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta
Tokyo Ravens

The Tier of Dropped
Diabolik Lovers
Nagi no Asukara
Strike the Blood
Golden Time
White Album 2
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Non Non Biyori
Samurai Flamenco

??? Tier
Pupa
Koroshiya-san: The Hired Gun
Gaist Crusher

Grzi

Gingitsune - 01

Not bad, but nothing especially good. Kind of ugly too, I'll give it a few more episodes since I enjoy the mood of the show.

Articalys

Kyousogiga 1
I watched this and also re-watched the 5th ona to complete the viewing. Sorry KLK fans, but we already have a show of the season (if it doesn't lose the way).
A novel, wacky setting, action, colorful visuals, feels, of several types, and it teases you with pieces of the puzzles still missing and mysteries. It feels complete, and full-filling.

Kill la Kill 2
It continues in their chosen path. Some action, wacky scenes, over the top and epic.But after losing some of the novelty of the first episode, this one has felt more... well, more "normal", and less "saving anime!".
The best scene, the teacher. I laughed a lot.

Nagi no Asukara 2
Multisided romantic polygon is shaping up, but the character relations and motivations are kind of simple and uninteresting. I'm more interested in the world setting and the obvious conflict between the two towns, so I hope they focus a bit more on that.
The priest-God is the best. Husbando material.

Pooya

sure to watch every week:

Kill la Kill
Galilei Donna
Valvrave

will try to watch if I find the time:
Samurai Flamenco
Coppelion
GBF

dropped
CG battleships
Glasses Sakuga
Bad Time
fish knee

etc

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I've only like watched like 4 shows so far, and I don't really have the desire to branch out that quickly. I'll wait till the end of the season for most of them to see the impression good vs. bad and all that jazz. That said: KILL la KILL >>> Valvrave s2 >> Golden Time >>>>>>>>>>> IS S2
but I'm still watching IS because Charlotte hnnnngggggg

cajunator

Banned
The AnimeGAF creed.

So true it hurts

Extended sales list:
Code:
2013 09/30~10/06 BD List
-- (*28)	---	1,205	**1,205	**1	Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! v1
-- (*29)	*11	1,192	*12,448	**2	Code Geass BD Box
-- (*31)	*21	1,112	**6,535	**2	Date A Live v4
-- (*35)	**8	1,071	*13,840	**2	To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S v3
-- (*42)	*18	*,920	**6,898	**2	Fate/Kaleid liner Prisma Illya v1
-- (*44)	*85	*,753	*37,191	**7	Shingeki no Kyojin v2
-- (*46)	*86	*,701	*50,170	*12	Shingeki no Kyojin v1
-- (*48)	*15	*,652	**7,675	**2	High School DxD NEW v1
-- (*49)	*67	*,646	*10,185	**4	Dragonball Z Kami to Kami RE
-- (*54)	*22	*,534	**5,762	**2	Boku wa tomodachi ga Sukunai Next v3
-- (*55)	*79	*,513	*18,565	**4	Free! v1
-- (*56)	*29	*,510	**3,507	**2	Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W v5
-- (*57)	*78	*,509	*22,223	**4	Dragonball Z Kami to Kami LE
-- (*59)	*16	*,481	**6,901	**2	Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru. v4
-- (*63)	*24	*,454	**4,356	**2	Choujigen Game Neptune v1
-- (*65)	*13	*,449	**9,826	**2	Kidou Senshi Gundam SEED Destiny BD Box v2
-- (*66)	114	*,442	*55,893	*15	ONE PIECE Film Z LE
-- (*68)	*14	*,431	**8,560	**2	Suisei no Gargantia v2
-- (*71)	*88	*,411	*22,584	**6	Love Live! v6
-- (*73)	*26	*,397	**4,056	**2	Kakumeiki Valvrave v4
-- (*74)	*34	*,395	**3,101	**2	Servant x Service v2
-- (*75)	118	*,376	*41,450	**6	To Aru Majutsu no Index Endymion no Kiseki LE
-- (*76)	*43	*,370	**2,587	**2	Karneval v5
-- (*78)	*28	*,349	**3,682	**2	Roukyuubu! SS v1
-- (*83)	*71	*,334	**4,047	**3	Love Lab v1
-- (*86)	113	*,311	*22,415	*11	Love Live v5
-- (*88)	*37	*,306	**2,890	**2	Dangan Ronpa v2
-- (*90)	*32	*,296	**3,167	**2	Mardock Scramble Haiki
-- (*94)	*44	*,289	**2,399	**2	Uchouten Kazoku v1
-- (*95)	*41	*,278	**2,588	**2	Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko. v4 LE
-- (*98)	---	*,274	***,274	**1	Aku no Hana v3
-- (*99)	*47	*,273	**2,279	**2	Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai BD Box
As it turns out, Watamote literally sold just below the cutoff from the short list, showing once again how a high BD cutoff can hide shows that actually didn't sell completely terribly.

Updated Summer 2013 Preliminary First Volume Sales list. Shows that have new numbers or improved their position are bolded:

Shows with a [●] dot were sold on DVD but did not rank in that format due to cutoffs, meaning their "true" sales are probably a bit higher. For the better-selling shows like that (Kinmoza, Illya, Neptune, Uchoten), it means possibly several hundred "missing" DVD sales.

Watamote was never going to sell much. Its too uncomfortable and introspective. People dont want to be reminded of it. Except me of course. Ill watch more :D

Well, I've now looked through the fall chart of anime. And I'm pressed to find something that personally interests me. Gingitsune was the first that caught my attention. But upon a closer look, there isn't much else that sticks out to me as interesting.

I think that most people here know my taste. Would someone here please recommend me an anime?

non non biyori sounds cute enough
I havent seen it

Conan-san

Yeah i thought it's moe shit,but actually it's about Liberty,equality and fraternity
And MC actual get mad when there is racist thing happened
Really when I got to that point I half expected him to slap her into next week but the fact that he
Got that this was 'normal' for them and he needed to defuse the situation in another way
is what's got my hopes going for this.

Well that and the lizardman sneaking a go on that NES.

Valvrave 13.
That was disappointing. I wanted my deliciously retarded trainwreck, and instead I had
serious boring people (meh), depressed nihilistic Haruto (meh), mindless boring beam spam (very meh), bullshit magitech explanation of info-Runes (meh/lol) and wrongly chosen vampire diet that rejected a delicious dish (just lol, but in a sad way).

7Th

Alpha Dogs
Kill la Kill
Kyousogiga

Big Dogs
Galileidonna

Dogs
Yozakura Quartet
Valvrave

Puppies
Gingitsune
Kyoukai no Kanata

Not really interested in anything else.

Tenumi

Banned
Lists? Mine will look depressing...

Guaranteed Completion Tier:

Kill la Kill
Infinite Stratos 2
Coppelion

3 Episode Rule Tier:

Kyoukai no Kanata
Galilei Donna
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Strike the Blood

I'm still watching this? Tier:

DokiDoki Precure

Dropped Tier:

Nagi no Asukara (Asshole Protagonists)
Golden Time (Boring)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova (Terrible CG)
Samurai Flamenco (...No reason. Might pick up a few seasons from now)

Everything else airing either doesn't interest me or I haven't watched yet.

cajunator

Banned
I loved Little Witch Academia. And I can definitely expect high production values out of Studio Trigger.

Unfortunately, I've been a little turned off by some of the screenshots I've seen. Particularly some of the 'practically naked' ones out there.

Exactly how much giggle physics can I expect out of Studio Trigger for this anime?
Because I don't like jiggle physics.

Actually, what is it I ought to look forward to out of Kill la Kill in general?

You would hate everything about kill la kill.

Recommendations don't have to be from this season, by the way. There's loads of previous aired anime out there I've missed out on.

KINMOZA
Yuyushiki
Tsuritama

Today's Fall season license from Sentai Filmworks is Kyoukai no Kanata, or as the official English name goes, Beyond the Boundary.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-11/sentai-filmworks-licenses-beyond-the-boundary-anime

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Forget keeping up with anime, it's all about the games.

fuck gaming

Would I be an animu heathen if I said that 90% of the anime about cute girls doing badass shit would be better if you replaced those cute girls with badass characters?

uhm.....yes you would.

Better than a NISA release. I've been trying to get a friend of mine to watch Toradora forever but he won't because he only watches dubs. =/

whaaaat? NISA is an awesome company! At this point I have about 20 sets from them and I always feel they are well worth the price and NISA is actually trying.

Jex

Now that I've watched all the first episodes of the shows I was planning on, it's list time.

God-Tier
Gundam Build Fighters

Top-Tier
Kyousogiga TV
Valvrave Season 2
Samurai Flamenco

Good-Tier
Galilei Donna
Kill la Kill
Yozakura Quartet

Almost-Dropped-Tier
Kyoukai no Kanata

Dropped-Tier
Magi S2
Log Horizon
Meganebu
While I don't have a 'God Tier' I agree with the rankings of basically everything else.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 12

QKUPhP6.jpg

With my relatively slow pace and the fact that it's almost Pokemon time, I think Syrinx will pass me.

That being said, what is Kotake capable of doing? Being a jackass. In fact, that's what he is, he's a jackass until he fucks up.... sometimes. Other times, he's still in jackass mode. To the point that all the mains got pissed and made sweets for the wrong reason (dem femdom vibes).

Oh, and one of Doremi's crush is back to school this fool with a broken arm.

Jex

Speaking of Kyoukai no Kanata, I recently just saw some future episode summaries and the anime is seemingly drastically different compared to the LN. They're accelerating a later part of the LNs and so it looks to be much more action heavy than I expected.

That's typical KyoAni, always trying to focus on action at the expense of character development or story.

cajunator

Banned
yep. I tend to give shows the 3-4 episode rule nowadays though since Madoka didnt get amazing until 3-4 episodes in.

As to Samurai Flamenco I keep repeating to myself this can't be it as there's too much talent behind it.

Some shows like Steins;Gate need 10-12 episodes to get going. But I think interest forms well before that so its still good.

There should be a show about apple fans opening a portal to a fantasy world.

Please god no.

Just wait until you get to the "YOUR ENGLISH IS VERY AWKWARD" scene. It was so cute, I literally died.

That nearly exploded my heart muscle.
Similar to listening to Yaya talk.

Well, this is kind of neat. The Wolf Children OST is up for preorder at Right Stuf, being distributed through Milan Records. Don't see a lot of anime OSTs make it stateside officially like this.

(via @WTK)

I really wish more OST's would come out. Would definitely buy them.

cajunator

Banned

This is probably a good thing actually.

I guess I should have copied it over onto the new page, since that's the only thing people ever read apparently. Post something too close to the bottom of the page and people just ignore it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85708690&postcount=7547

Thats not really true Arti. At least not for me. I read everything, top of page to the bottom.

I've only like watched like 4 shows so far, and I don't really have the desire to branch out that quickly. I'll wait till the end of the season for most of them to see the impression good vs. bad and all that jazz. That said: KILL la KILL >>> Valvrave s2 >> Golden Time >>>>>>>>>>> IS S2
but I'm still watching IS because Charlotte hnnnngggggg

there are three reasons to watch IS. France. Germany. RUSSIA.

Lists? Mine will look depressing...

Guaranteed Completion Tier:

Kill la Kill
Infinite Stratos 2
Coppelion

3 Episode Rule Tier:

Kyoukai no Kanata
Galilei Donna
Unbreakable Machine-Doll
Strike the Blood

I'm still watching this? Tier:

DokiDoki Precure

Dropped Tier:

Nagi no Asukara (Asshole Protagonists)
Golden Time (Boring)
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova (Terrible CG)
Samurai Flamenco (...No reason. Might pick up a few seasons from now)

Everything else airing either doesn't interest me or I haven't watched yet.

I aint even making a list because I dont really have time to watch more than a handful.
It would be short and sad as well though.

Watching to the end:
Kill la Kill
Teekyu 3
Valvrave

No plans of dropping at the moment:
Kyoukai no Kanata
Log Horizon
Magi s2
Yozakura Quartet
Yusibu
Phi Brain Season 3
TOKYO RAVENS
Strike the Blood
Outbreak Company

In Danger of dropping
Coppelion
Samurai Flamenco
My Mental Multiple-Choice Power Is Completely Ruining My School Romantic Comedy
UNBREAKABLE MACHINE-DOLL
Freezing Vibration

Dropped:
Galilei Donna.

Jarmel

Banned
That's typical KyoAni, always trying to focus on action at the expense of character development or story.

Why is this typical of them? I can't think of any of their works where they explicitly cut out parts of the story or something of that nature for more action(in which they don't do very often).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Episode 2:

For those who think the lewdness and the crudeness are ruining Kill La Kill, they should watch this show. Indeed, Yuusha has many elements that could propel it into the upper tiers of this season. The world is very unique; marrying JRPG tropes to modern every day life was a stroke of genius. Also quite brilliant was shifting from war to peace quickly and watching soldiers (and demon overlord daughters) having to find a new identity and change and adapt to a new world lest they become relics. I could go on, indeed in this episode seeing Phino have Raul test her on the employee phrasing was actually legitimately heartwarming. It is just marred by the bad sexual jokes and the annoying fanservice. It is especially frustrating with a show like Yuusha because it could be so much better, it shows me it could be a better show, but will never be a better show because it will never ditch the LCD elements. Not sure if this is a deal breaker yet, it has two episodes to show that it is not the case.

Outbreak company - 01

This is stupid , so stupid way too stupid ....

Outbreak%20Company%20-%2001.jpg

Figurine when ????

but i think i'll be back for more , later....

Ps: what's the dela of this anime with the very very average background music?

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Gundam Build Angelic Layer - 01

I feel like I'm 15 again watching this series and I really miss that feeling. I'll follow this for sure :)

Some shows like Steins;Gate need 10-12 episodes to get going. But I think interest forms well before that so its still good.

Steins; Gate was definitely one of the shows that started out way too slice of life, but it was necessary so it could show the clusterfuck when it happened and the difficult decisions. I had to convince my friends to keep going and now it's one of their favorite animes ever.

I can't wait for a sub of the film. Somebody uploaded the raw recently but no subs yet. And official subs don't come out till December.

I watch a lot less anime now:

Watching from this season:
- Kill la Kill
- Gundam Build Fighters

Plan to drop
None

Dropped
None

Watching from previous seasons.
- Mobile Suit Gundam SEED

Jarmel

Banned
Patlabor OVA 2 Episode 4-

This was an awful fucking episode. So many groanworthy segments. God damn this was a shitty end to the Shaft arc.

I'm starting to realize that I hate how Oshii does romance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom