• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toriko Episode 121 Toriko vs. the Monster of the Gourmet World, Mon Plan!
tumblr_mugk49sJU31sp4jzjo1_500.png

Alright episode though kind of lacking in many regards, the new ed is super lazy as there is like no animation for the alright son (and worst many of the moments just look drawn wrong).

I agree - as long as Russia continues to troll the rest of them. If she just drop into the fold, then she's gone to me.

I think it's universally agreed that Charlotte has the title of "Best Girl"

But unfortunately harems tend to end with the guy going for the first girl they met or the childhood friend. Which is a shame.

I'm glad Shuffle! went for Best Girl

CorvoSol

I
don't
apologize for the length of the following post, which is my show rating and impression post for shows I have watched thus far. Since I
only
do it once a thread, I
don't
feel horrible posting it again.

As always, first comes mecha, then comes everything else.

Excellent

Full Metal Panic!:The Second Raid- My all time favorite mecha show, The Second Raid is the sequel to FMP!, and serves as a character study of the hero and heroine, as well as an examination of their relationship. It’s darker than its predecessor, but the animation is much improved, and the action is possibly the best mechanical action I’ve ever seen.

Martian Successor Nadesico- In the eternal words of Cajun, “Nadesico is always a treat.” A 90s space opera/mecha comedy/harem/examination of the effects of anime on the human mind, Nadesico is capable of flawlessly shifting tone from comedy to serious at a moment’s notice. Once considered by me the Greatest Mecha Anime of all time, there are few shows which truly manage to stand on this show’s level.

Neon Genesis Evangelion- It’s freaking Eva. If you haven’t heard about it, it’s a disservice to explain it to you, if you HAVE heard of it, I shouldn’t need to. Just watch it, cuz it’s freaking Eva, man.

Eureka Seven- If you only ever watch one mecha anime, and that can’t be Eva, watch this. Eureka Seven is the most endearing love story in anime I’ve ever seen, has a style all its own, and characters who you can hate the hell out of one moment and love with all your heart the next. Few shows are as pure and good as Eureka. It’s like holding hands with your true love when you’re 80.

The Big O- Take Batman, Film Noire, Giant Robots, Isaac Asimov’s Robots Series and combine them into a show so damn good and crazy it rivals Eva and you’re about where you need to be to begin to understand The Big O. This show has more class than you can shake your monocle’d cane at. Also you may find yourself craving produce during the second season . . .

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket- If a Gundam show were ever to win serious awards, it should be this one. Regardless of how much one hates mecha, you will love this story. War in the Pocket does everything 08th MS Team aspired to do, but sets it to the backdrop of 80s space suburbia instead of Future Viet Nam. You’ll laugh, and you WILL cry if you still have a soul.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam- This is the best Gundam show ever made. It has high comedy in the form of the greatest mechanical designs ever, absolutely no shame in what it is doing, moments so manly you’ll sprout chest hair just watching them, and stars a man who is essentially the father of Kamina from TTGL and Kallen from Code Geass. This is a show about fists and souls and men. Men who beat the souls of others into friendship with their fists. Are you still listening to me? GO WATCH THIS NOW.

Megas XLR- While not an anime, MEGAS XLR is a tribute to Mecha as a whole, and stands on its own merits, too. As it is rightly described, this is “Gurren Lagann before that was a thing.” It’s a show about two (three) bros who have a mech and use it ostensibly to save the world but really for the sorts of things that you yourself would probably use a mech. Megas can and will defeat your favorite anything. How? Probably has a button right there on the console for specifically that function.

Very Good

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet- While many prefer the speculative fiction/slice of life aspects of this show, I really still enjoyed the more straight-cut mecha aspects. Gargantia is about Ledo, a futuristic space soldier engaged in a war against freakish aliens, who one day finds himself stuck on a planet with no means of going home, and only his sarcastic mech, Chamber, for moral support as he attempts to integrate into the human society he finds there.

Gun x Sword- Imagine a spaghetti western with giant robots and you’re right on track. Featuring an amazing soundtrack, and centered on the quest of drifter Van to get revenge on the man with the Claw, Gun x Sword is a resounding tale of adventure, revenge, and also condiments.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann- One of the very best and most over the top mecha anime to have ever been made, and perhaps Imaishi’s Opus, Gurren Lagann is about one boy, his drill, and how they’re going to pierce the Heavens. From the fluid animation to the unending stream of memetic phrases to the memorable, colorful cast, to that glorious final battle at the end of Lagann Hen, you are in for a wonderful ride.

Code Geass (Season 1 Only)- The first season of Code Geass is an alt. history story about a young man with an incredible power: he can tell anyone to do anything he wants one time, and they will obey. Armed with this power, and not a whole lot of answers, Lelouch sets out to change the world, and not entirely for the better. Geass is one of those shows you just need to see to believe.

Rin-ne: The Flower of Lagrange- As it was once called, Rin-ne is a show about “bodacious bisexual babes who battle bad boys in ‘bots.” Full of more pandering to the yuri fans than you can shake a stick at, and no small amount of advertisement for the city of Kamogawa and its Sea World, Rin-ne is still a heart-warming tale of the strength of friendship, examined first among its principle protagonists, and then its principle antagonists. For a story in which 2/3 of the cast are aliens, it’s got a lot to do with very human feelings. It’s also very, very pretty.

GaoGaiGar- GGG begins as a story about a world in which you are still five and everyone still loves you and heroes will always conquer evil. Every week a new Zondar alien shows up for Cyborg Guy to fight, and that’s that for maybe half the series. Then the primevals arrive, your child hood is fucking over, and you’re going to be a fucking grown up and bust your ass and bleed your life away to scrap out that happy ending. And you’re going to do that by shoving a goddamn Hammer and Nail through evil’s heart. And you had BETTER be screaming while you do that.

GaoGaiGar Final- Remember how childhood ends during GGG? So you realize you’re sort of a screwed up adult, and there’s a lot of really kinky fan service now, and as it turns out, heroes do lose, and do die, and evil does win. How much do you believe in the ultimate triumph of good over evil? That determines the entire outcome, and that’s what this show is about. I’m 25 and I cried like a goddamn baby at the end of this show. Open your heart to GGG and let the COURAGE wash over you.

Full Metal Panic!- FMP is one part espionage/action, one part high school/romcom, and one part Real/Super Robot show. It follows Sousuke Sagara as he’s trying to do his best to adapt to a normal life in high school while also keeping his job- to protect fellow student Kaname Chidori and pilot rad mechs- a secret.

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!!- GAF’s favorite of the three FMP shows, and the one that isn’t mecha. It’s a comedy slice of life show, except that, since this is FMP, the slice is definitely different from usual. You need to watch it for the rugby episode alone.

The Vision of Escaflowne- I’m not one for girl’s shows, but Escaflowne is amazing. There’s a bunch of beautiful, bishonen dudes in this show, but there’s also some incredibly raw mechanical fights in which giant robots get torn to shreds by a berserk mecha. Also cat-girl lesbians, an evil plan so hilariously shojo I smile just thinking about it, and the true identity of the villain is perhaps the most amazing moment in the history of anime, because it just makes the rest of this that much crazier.

Mobile Suit ZZ Gundam- My favorite UC Gundam show, with my favorite protagonist. The tyrannical Earth Federation’s Titans having been rambled, the Federation in shambles, the cunning and crafty Haman Khan now moves her Axis forces to capture the Earth and all her territories once and for all. Meanwhile, war-weary captain Bright Noa recruits a couple of young punks, chief among them one Judau Ashta, to save the world and win the war. ZZ Gundam is a great show, but it has a slow beginning.

Mobile Suit Gundam- The first Gundam show, and an old one at that, this is the grand daddy of Real Robots, and you can see it. Amuro Ray is an ace mechanic who is forced by war to fight in the prototype mecha: The Gundam, which his father built. Amuro starts out selfish, arrogant, and immature, but is molded by the horrors of war into someone else entirely.

Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn- Boasting the best damn production values of any Gundam show, Unicorn is essentially the conclusion to the Zeon arc of the Universal Century, and it is incredible. Sexy sexy robot fights, a great sound track, and a plot that ain’t half bad all combine to give us a Gundam show that’s well above most of the franchise’s recent output. Unicorns never looked so cool.

Rebuild of Evangelion- The first two movies are great and make it seem like the franchise is going to go in a different and interesting direction from the tv series. The third movie makes good on that promise in the worst way possible.

Dai-Guard- A show about what it would be like to work for a company that financed a giant robot, Dai-Guard is basically The Office but with Super Robots, and follows the hot-blooded Akagi and his struggle to break free of the harsh reality of the business world, the haunted Ibuki who seeks to come to terms with the monsters who murdered her father, and the upstanding playboy Aoyama, who takes a lot of flak from people rather than admit to his secret. Also a horrible scientist named Rika who actively tortures Ibuki and rapes her emotionally.

Turn A Gundam- Another great Gundam show, Turn A is an anniversary celebration of the Gundam franchise. It has a really rustic feeling to it, and focuses on themes which are both unusual in the Gundam series (the coexistence of Earth and Space, the burden of immortality) and more usual (war between Earth and Space, and the horrors of war). Respect the stache, kids, or butterflies will punish you!

Good

Broken Blade- Broken Blade has some really outstanding combat sequences, and I feel that, when focused on the warfare segments of the show, it is really good. When it focuses on domestic events, though, the plot tends to suffer, especially since the domestic plot tends to focus on the Queen, who is an awful person all around, actively trying to cheat on a husband who is waging a war he would gladly surrender for the single sake of keeping her alive. Also there’s a 12 year old with a 25 year old’s body and a 25 year old with a 12 year old’s body, and both are awful. But don’t let that deter you! The war segments of the show are truly stellar!

Zoids: New Century Zero- It’s your average tournament arc, but Zoids is still not a bad show, especially not if you’re in the mood for a light-hearted show about a junk-dealer turned mech pilot who wants to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Godannar- Using piloting a giant robot as a metaphor for sexual relations, Godannar is an unusual love story in that the principle lovers, Go and Anna, are already married before the show begins. There’s giant robots with booty and breasts that bounce and more fan service than you can choke down, and one or two very unfortunate implications in the plot, but on the whole, it’s a good show with a fair amount of heart.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam- The Zeta Gundam and Kamille Bidan are super cool and totally the best. That said, this show is far and away the most disappointing show in the franchise. Not BAD, just disappointing. Tomino relies way too much on reusing the same several plotlines in the second half, and several characters, most notably Char Aznable, are all but wasted because of it. This is not the only time Char will fail to live up to his glory days from MSG.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED- A reimagining of MSG, while Hirai faces abound, SEED still does a good job of reimagining several key things in MSG, especially casting both the Federation and the Spacers as equally horrible. Also introduces us to Jesus and Lacus, who are the most popular anime characters like, ever, according to Newtype mag.

New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing- Wing has the best designs in the entire franchise, and while the plot isn’t that great, it also introduces us to Zechs Merquise and Treize Khushrenada, and I must reiterate that it has amazing suit designs and action, which make it one of the best shows to enter the franchise on.

The 08th MS Team- It’s Vietnam, with mechs! And beam saber jaccuzis. The 08th MS team starts out a strong show about soldiers during the original One Year War of MSG fame. It ultimately deteriorates into a Romeo and Juliet story with a villain whose plan is almost as dumb as the Zanscare Empire’s need to tack wheels onto everything. There’s a Gundam vs Gouf fight in this that is almost as good as Amuro’s showdown with Ramba Ral.

Majestic Prince- A light-hearted, goofy, Saturday Morning Cartoon style show about a rag-tag bunch of loser mech pilots who are nevertheless entrusted by a fiercely incompetent Earth to fight off an alien invasion. It has horrible CG mechs with one or two episodes of really good action. Hirai is at his worst in this show, but in spite of it all, the show is really not half bad.

Neutral

Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counter Attack- You’re dropped half way into the story and it ends without concluding ANYTHING. For two hours you must endure one of the worst women in the history of anime, as she tries to ride the dicks of all famous men in Gundam ever and gets denied again and again and again. Oh, and LOTS of jokes about Char being into little girls (even as he repeatedly refuses one). Char should’ve stayed dead and the only thing that justifies this movie’s existence is the fight between the Nu Gundam and the Sazabi. If they’d taken the time to explain things, not dropped you in half way through, and NEVER included Quess, the movie could’ve been much, much better.

Gundam F91: It really needed to be a show, and it really pales in comparison to Crossbone Gundam. The animation is stellar, though.

Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz- Has the best mechanical designs ever, period. Unfortunately the plot is pretty dumb, with the chief mech piloting antagonist just being Wu Fei while he throws a bitch fit. At the end of the movie the heroes learn nothing, especially since they do exactly the thing that lead to all of the events of the movie anyway. The plot is HORRIBLE but the mechs are so so so so so so good.

Bad

Betterman- A genuinely good horror show that is ruined forever by its grating, cartoonish hero. To this day I have no idea what happened during the ending. Stuff got WEIRD.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory- Ensign Kou Uraki won’t eat his carrots! Love interest Nina Purpleton is a colossal bitch! It’s like Metal Gear Solid with Gundams except it isn’t as serious as MSG nor as goofy as MGS. It’s just lame, and no matter what you guys say, the Dendrobium still isn’t that cool.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Destiny- Rehashing many plot elements of its predecessor, whilst failing to retell Zeta, Destiny introduces us to the worst protagonist in the series, Shinn Asuka, makes us sit by and watch while Jesus helps Haman Khan conquer the universe, and also doesn’t give Athrun the screen time he deserves. Oh and those horrible three guys from the last show are back but now one is a girl and they’re somehow worse.

00 Gundam S1- Having moved up considerably since I saw it, 00 is basically equal parts Gundam Wing and Full Metal Panic, and I can see how that would be attractive to people. It had some good mechs and action, but the show isn’t focused enough, and the master plan becomes increasingly apparent that there isn’t one. Still, the first season is okay, so don’t feel bad if you like it more than I did.

Horrible

Mobile Suit Victory Gundam- FUCK DON’T EVER WATCH THIS SHOW I BEG YOU PLEASE DON’T TELL YOUR CHILDREN THIS SHIT EXISTS. PLEASE. IT’S LIKE AIDS AND CANCER IN A BULLET YOU SHOOT INTO YOUR BEST FRIEND’S HEAD. BUT WITH WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELS

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE- Pedophile Space Hitler uses an army of giant robots to commit nuclear holocaust on Martian Jews. I’d call his relationship with women rape, but there are no women in this show and I’m not sure that you can rape what isn’t a living thing. I’ll have to ask a table from Geass.

00 Gundam S2- Literally the least most coherent anime I’ve ever seen. You’ll have an easier time trying to lay out the physics of an Escher painting than understanding what the fuck is going on in this show.

00 Gundam: A Wakening of the Trailblazer- Just don’t watch this shit, man. Even the action is fucking terrible.

Eureka Seven Pocket Full of Rainbows- What if one morning you got up and someone had skinned your wife alive and then put her skin on and pretended they were her? And it was obvious they weren’t, but they insisted they were? That’s Pocket Full of Rainbows.

Eureka Seven Astral Ocean- This show is like if someone raped your wife to death, while making your children slit her throat with plastic spoons. Then broke one of her ribs out, painted a picture of your mother on it with your children’s vital fluids, put your dog’s head on for a mask, then broke into the prison where you were being held and shanked you with it in the showers when you were at your weakest and most vulnerable. Then asked you why you didn’t love them.

Rah Xephon- Soulless Eva clone without anything worth mentioning.

Beyond Mortal Terminology

Code Geass R2- It’s a show about oranges and their importance to the human body. #Team Suzaku

Valvrave the Liberator- It’s Geass in space!

CorvoSol

Excellent

Inferno Cop- So you think Evangelion is good? Shut the hell up you don’t know anything. Inferno Cop is Evangelion if Evangelion were AMAZING.

The Count of Mecha Cristo- It’s literature, bitch! If you don’t know what the Count of Monte Cristo is, it’s a story of revenge, of one man who was wronged by like, everyone he trusted to their advantage. This is an alternate retelling and is visually beautiful. I highly recommend this to everyone who has even a passing interest in good shows.

The Flowers of Evil- Anime of the Year for me, the Flowers of Evil is a drama about three young people who are caught up in a cycle of torment, solitude, and boredom. I’ve posted a LOT about this show, but for those who haven’t read, let me just say that it is a visual, audio, writing tour-de-force that draws you in and shows you what people are like behind the walls of their hearts.

GTO- Eikichi Onizuka is a former gang member, pervert, and ruffian. He’s also just gotten a job as a middle-school teacher, and is out to change the lives of his students, and the education system, for the better. Faces are the highlight of the show, but Onizuka and his class are an endearing story of a former screw up who is doing his best to keep children from doing the same.

Wolf Children- A heart-warming story of a mother doing her best to raise her children. In a way, it feels like the major motion picture equivalent of Bunny Drop. It’s about what it means to be family, and what it is like raising children
in the absence of a father
. It’s also scenery porn for the Japanese countryside. I highly recommend this to anyone who can sit down and watch it.

Azumanga Daioh- Oftentimes considered the mother of the Cute Girls doing Cute Things craze, Azumanga is a story of a group of high school girls, but in spite of that, young male viewers should have no trouble relating their own high school experiences. The show is an amazing comedy, and the girls are sure to win you over by the end. Especially Sakaki.

Slayers NEXT- The best series of the best fantasy anime of all time, Slayers NEXT follows the continuing adventures of Lina Inverse and Gourry Gabriev as they find themselves on the run from Monsters and in search of the mysterious Claire Bible. Lina’s in it for power and money, Gourry’s in it for Lina, and their friends are along for the ride.

Cowboy Bebop- It’s Cowboy Bebop, man. It’s the Big O of space opera.

Bunny Drop- This is an endearing show about a stand up guy (who is also something of a loser) who takes in his grandfather’s young daughter and raises her as his own. Along the way, he learns what its like to be a parent, does a lot of growing up himself, tries to cope with the enigmatic mother of the child he is raising, and meets Kouki’s mom, who is like, waifu of the forever. NEVER EVER EVER READ THE MANGA. DON’T LOOK IT UP. JUST WATCH THE SHOW.

Revolutionary Girl Utena- Utena Tenjou is a girl who dreams of being a prince. She attends Ohtori Academy in French Japanland, and one day stands up for a girl being bullied by a member of the Student Council. Unwittingly, Utena finds herself drawn further and further into the covert world of the Rose Duels. The show is considered the Eva of Shojo, and while I apologize for invoking Eva once again, it’s an apt comparison. Things get crazy and some nights when you’re listening to Pink Floyd, you can have some really wild conversations about this show. The most important thing to note is that you will never see sexier cars again.

Casshern Sins- A reimagining of classic anime, Casshern Sins tells the story of a robot who wakes up in a postapocalyptic wasteland, surrounded by robots who want to “Kill Casshern, devour Casshern!” While the show has a few pretentious moments “The Sun Named Moon,” it also has some legitimately profound moments, and serves as an inquisition to the value of life in the absence of death, and the struggle of life against death. Show is heavy as hell, but so good.

Very Good

Puella Magi Madoka Magica- It’s hard to tell you why this show is so good without spoiling very much. Even spoiling the initial impact, all I feel comfortable saying is that one of the main points of this show is that you really need to read the fine print in life. The other is that
Satan isn’t necessarily going to have cloven hooves, and will often show up where you least expect him.

The Devil is a Part Timer- An homage to the Fantasy anime of yore, “Maou-Sama” as it is most commonly known, is about a stereotypical demon overlord who finds himself sapped of his magic and stranded in modern day Japan. The hero who had defeated him later shows up, too, and there are some interesting dynamics explored thereafter. The unfortunate failing of the show was that it never explained
why Maou did what he did, leaving his relaxed disposition compared to the demon we first meet at severe odds.

Slayers TRY- The third season of Slayers, this one seeks to subvert a lot of common Fantasy tropes without falling into the equally trite opposites. We see forces of good doing increasingly horrible things, but the forces of evil are not necessarily any better, morally. Lina and company kind of feel like accessories to the story, though, and newcomer Filia feels like the real star of the show.

High School of the Dead- A zombie comedy which delights itself in frequently switching between overtly sexual situations and incredibly not sexy zombie sequences. Like all Zombie stories, it follows a tight knit group of survivors, but unlike most, there is still some semblance of government and order in the world. SOME. For the most part, though, it’s five kids, a dog, and a school nurse against the dead. Definitely a fun show.

Record of Lodoss War- The OVA is a hard core, straight forward, classical fantasy anime, featuring people with massive shoulder pads, giant armor and swords, and ornate dragons. The cast is fairly generic, therefore, but also memorable. It’s super detailed, and scenes like the battle of the kings are a visual treat.

ScryEd- The one Hirai show that isn’t about giant robots, this one is about a part of Japan which is literally broken off of the mainland, leaving people with super powers the government must try to reel in, even as they struggle for rights and survival in this new world order.

The Time of EVE- An excellent speculative fiction piece about the boundaries between machine and human, the Time of EVE is about a café in which humans and androids and robots are forbidden from revealing their identity as one or the other. Really quite worth it, especially since episodes are a brief 15 minutes.

Good

Slayers- The first season of the best fantasy anime of all time, Slayers follows the exploits of boisterous magician Lina Inverse and her idiot swordsman bodyguard Gourry as they adventure across the land, mostly on a quest to acquire more money and better food.

Final Fantasy Unlimited- Not exactly like Final Fantasy, but it has a fair number of FF series standards in it to keep one happy. Unlimited follows the journey of a pair of twins to another world to find their lost parents. Along the way they meet the alleged cop and even more dubious martial artist Lisa, the hair-crazy chocobo Chobi, the dark and mysterious gunman, Kaze, a demon swordsman, a werewolf, and a moogle who aid in their journey. They’re stopped by the horrible Earl Tyrant and his Four Generals time and again from finding the truth.

Kiddy Grade- While I’m not a huge fan of wideface, Kiddy Grade is an endearing show about two women in a post-Earth spacefaring society who work as sort of cops. The show explores a lot of themes I hadn’t expected, such as the burden of immortality, and the dangers of the concentration of wealth, to a degree one might not expect from it. EVERY BODY HAS A TWEEEEEEEEENKLE.

Dark Stalkers OVA- NOT ENOUGH MORRIGAN

Neutral

Smile Precure 35- Yayoi is super adorable.

Very Bad

Glass Fleet- This show is shit, and it’s ending is hella predictable. Even Luci Christian couldn’t save this show. Don’t watch it.

Horrible

Attack on Titan- Somewhere deep inside there is a good shonen show here. The first 7 ish episodes and the last 4 are really not bad at all. The problem is that the show is weighed down by THE WORST pacing I have ever seen, frequent animation flaws, TERRIBLE CG, and some truly terrible writing in the middle. If you’re willing to look past that, AoT is a mixture of mecha and zombie show with Spider-Man thrown in. Really though, skip the Defense of Trost Arc. You owe yourself that.

Sword Art Online- The worst thing on the internet since child porn, with child porn thrown in for measure. If you watch this show, watch episode 14, then skip to episode 25. Don’t watch the second half, because it introduces the worst character in anime and also praises mass murderers, and features unironic tentacle rape. And incest. So much incest.

Beyond Description

Musashi GunDoh- Probably the greatest anime ever made.

Garzey’s Wing- From the genius who brought us Mobile Suit Gundam comes a show which is about

School Days- The first harem anime I ever watched, School Days is about, and I quote the show’s title card itself: “In the school, the three guys met. Their relation had been changed in the season, and turned into three love stories.” If that doesn’t tell you what you need to know, know that it is also great for fans of Greek Tragedies and contains the single most depressing moment in the history of anime.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I think it's universally agreed that Charlotte has the title of "Best Girl"

But unfortunately harems tend to end with the guy going for the first girl they met or the childhood friend. Which is a shame.

I'm glad Shuffle! went for Best Girl

There are those that feel that the Sister is best girl, or maybe Laura. But it's totally Charlotte.

And yeah, he'll go for Japan. That's just way it goes if they decide to fall into the tropes and that jazz.

But what if Ichika was in on it all too...

ocXsVsL.jpg

if only that was the case, lol

Corvo just the fact that you have Gun X Sword as one of your higher ranked ones means we can be the best of friends.

There are those that feel that the Sister is best girl, or maybe Laura. But it's totally Charlotte.

And yeah, he'll go for Japan. That's just way it goes if they decide to fall into the tropes and that jazz.

ocXsVsL.jpg

Sister? No. Get that incest out of here, if you want a harem with incest as the winner pick from the litter.

Laura? She's too forward with her feelings and too nice. If she had remained tsundere it would be a different story, but now that she's arguably all over his dick more than the others it means she's boring. Charlotte is the shy type. That's best girl material. Come at me giga drill bros.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate

More stuff

No Golden Boy on second list. Tsk tsk, Mr. Raven.

Also, Corvo, do you want some shitty mecha (i don't know if mecha is the right word. There are mechs though) show to watch, go watch Divergence Eve. Shit's pretty bad and has more fan-service than you can shake a....well, a stick at. But that's just lewd to say.

Sister? No. Get that incest out of here, if you want a harem with incest as the winner pick from the litter.

Laura? She's too forward with her feelings and too nice. If she had remained tsundere it would be a different story, but now that she's arguably all over his dick more than the others it means she's boring. Charlotte is the shy type. That's best girl material. Come at me giga drill bros.

I totally agree.

Iconoclast that I am, I'd say no :)

As of recent polls regarding the viewers favorite female IS character, Charlotte has ranked number one over all other main characters. In one particular poll, she recieved an impressive rating of 64% at theakiba.com as of July 6th 2012 with the closest competition being Houki Shinonono (whose rating was only 17%). Such reception has brought up the question whether or not Charlotte will end up winning Ichika's affections by the end of the series, since Houki has been hinted as being his favorite

Charlotte's best girl no questions asked. No questions I said.

Quasar

Well. Watched #2 of Outbreak Company and the Maou-sama like show with way too long a name. Both improved quite a bit, esp the latter which I had already planned to drop. Still not great, just not horrible.

Coppelion Episode 2 Future
tumblr_muift1fkXH1sp05gxo1_r1_500.gif

Much better than episode one but still barely watchable. The suspenseful moment was nice and all at least
but too many waterworks that it came out just kind of silly and a waste of time.
. Some of the visuals like the building effects, the random smoke coming down, and how it was, as well as the scenery somehow managed to keep my attention way more than the actual characters. Hopefully things change whenever the epic grenade user in the OP finally gets in action, seems like best character material.

CorvoSol

*HIGH FIVES AND BROWNIES FOR EVERYONE!*

Ryouga Sensei bringin' home the brownies.

You certainly did.

CorvoSol, is that a list of every show you have ever watched?

It's every show I've watched recently enough to defend my position on it. Stuff like Sailor Moon, DBZ, Pokemon, and Tenchi are omitted because they're lost to the fog of my memory. The vast majority of that list is made up of shows I've watched in the thread. Very little, maybe 5% have I not watched in here.

Jarmel

Banned
So the number of people who have seen all three are insanely small but what would you recommend for the next backlog show out of these three?

1. GaoGaiGar
2. Dai-Guard
3. Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen

I'm leaning towards Shin Mazinger.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta 02

Hmm didn't expect the intro stuff to be more than an intro, nice to see there are still issues with it. This anime continues to surprise me. Will keep watching. Hopefully he does end up becoming a hero again.

CorvoSol

So the number of people who have seen all three are insanely small but what would you recommend for the next backlog show out of these three?

1. GaoGaiGar
2. Dai-Guard

I haven't seen Shin Mazinger, but I would recommend GaoGaiGar over Dai Guard. Dai Guard's good, but GGG is a classic.

Theonik

Kill La Kill 02
This is so gooooooood. I felt my blood pumping practically through the episode. Also that delicious teacher swag. Tons of :chet too predictably. God tier ED also.
Parts of it felt kinda cheap but I think it's intentional to an extent.
My statistics show that KLK02 actually measured in at an impressive 0.7+ Strike Witches for [REDACTED]. A most impressive feat.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 74
tumblr_muj6jaP4rH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Subaru is way too hilarious now and with skills to back it up this arc has finally reached good tier. Kiki's involvement was nice and for the large part of the episode it was mostly interesting. It sounded like there was a new song on the ost in the last few minutes, really memorable.

LayLa

I
don't
apologize for the length of the following post, which is my show rating and impression post for shows I have watched thus far. Since I
only
do it once a thread, I
don't
feel horrible posting it again.

As always, first comes mecha, then comes everything else.

ah see the other day i was just thinking "i want to see that list of mecha anime on GAF but how to search for it"
i have a mecha-shaped gap in my anime knowledge, only non-recent thing on that list i've watched is Eva, i want to watch & understand!

love 50s Film Noire and loved Asimov’s books as a kid so will probably start with The Big O
think i watched the first couple episodes of FMP S1 and wasn't really feeling it, is it ok to skip ahead to 2nd Raid?

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE- Pedophile Space Hitler uses an army of giant robots to commit nuclear holocaust on Martian Jews. I’d call his relationship with women rape, but there are no women in this show and I’m not sure that you can rape what isn’t a living thing. I’ll have to ask a table from Geass.

OK i'll admit , you made me laugh with this.

ocXsVsL.jpg

That's why doujins will always be superior , always...

Yea, Final Fantasy Unlimited is not what I would call a good anime, that Gonzo touch.

That's an understatement

Strike the Blood 02

This show reminds me too much of Toaru Majutsu No Index (which is a great thing as I love that show and also best girl misaka misaka)

I'm calling it right now, this will be the best anime for me this season. The electro soundtrack was fantastic, and when the choir chanting started I got a stiffy. The action is pretty good too, and protagonist is not a pussy which is always awesome.

Gazoinks

Now that is an impressive list, Corvo, I've even picked up some stuff to watch. It also reminded me that i really need to get around to watching The Big 0, because I love that kind of noiry retrofuturist stuff.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 74
tumblr_muj6jaP4rH1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Subaru is way too hilarious now and with skills to back it up this arc has finally reached good tier. Kiki's involvement was nice and for the large part of the episode it was mostly interesting. It sounded like there was a new song on the ost in the last few minutes, really memorable.

Finally reached good tier ?

What was he before ? Aside from killing 3 no good characters , he has done nothing to deserve to be called "good" yet.

Even your screenshot is nothing than "cockyness"

let me post the answer : to give some "context"

I really don't understand what you're seeing in Subaru , really.

Finally reached good tier ?

What was he before ? Aside from killing 3 no good characters , he has done nothing to deserve to be called "good" yet.

Even your screenshot is nothing than "cockyness"

let me post the answer : to give some "context"

I really don't understand what you're seeing in Subaru , really.

Hes a refreshing voice in the cast of wholly solid and kind of stoic characters. Surely, everyone gets a smile from Subaru's antics.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's pretty amusing how some writers are deluded enough to think their niche, bizarre otaku fetishes would somehow be appealing en masse to people from an utterly alien cultural context instead of causing them all to recoil in horror or befuddled amusement.
Spoken like a DES operative.

Kyousougiga - 00

I really liked how vibrant and silly the art direction and animation was. Even the layouts evoke that very playful attitude as well. But man, the nonsensical narrative really lives up to its reputation. I felt so lost throughout the majority of it.

Listening to the Shingeki No Kyojin OST reminded me that not only does it have kickass intros it also is one of the better OST's to come out for anything in a while.

I dont know if Id say that, after listening to Guilty Crowns OST for so long, I just always see Attack on Titan's ost as just borrowing heavily from many of those songs, and as the successor, it just cant compare to that one.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Wait how can one like ZZ the best but hate the beginning?

That was when the show was at its best. Then it tried to take all those wacky characters and shoehorn them into serious roles to lead into Char's Counterattack

but at all times ZZ is a show where nothing any character does makes any sense at any given moment. I figured most UC fans liked to pretend this show didn't exist, so it's weird to see it as someone's favorite UC show. and for reasons that aren't even the strengths of the show.

Judau won the newtype ability lottery though. Ability to make every single female you come into contact with hopelessly attracted to you.

1. GaoGaiGar
2. Dai-Guard

Shin Mazinger definitely

Would have been better with less episodes but still a solid mecha show.

Too bad Great-Hen will never happen...

One day Imagawa will get the recognition he deserves to fully realize a series. One day...

Kyousougiga - 00

I really liked how vibrant and silly the art direction and animation was. Even the layouts evoke that very playful attitude as well. But man, the nonsensical narrative really lives up to its reputation. I felt so lost throughout the majority of it.

Should have started with the first episode proper. They're actually explaining stuff this time!

Gazoinks

Should have started with the first episode proper. They're actually explaining stuff this time!

Yeah, I watched the original ONA first since I figured it was listed as Episode 00 so it might be important, but it's really not (yes I ignored the advice I asked for :p). Don't get me wrong, I like the ONA and would recommend it, but the actual TV series, y'know, makes sense. Well, so far at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom