• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Bigger than expected, but that works.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnng

I like Lain better. Nothing else, though.

I will never forget you, Despera...

On that note, Miami Guns has perhaps the most comically ridiculously wrong "Miami" ever put to television, I think... good series though, I quite enjoyed it!

Definitely true, which is why I said they don't count. :)

Well, are 1% of American Young Adult novels good? LNs are like those... but maybe even worse, since they seem to be more popular. So yeah, 1% is being generous. LNs, and YA books, are pretty awful almost all of the time, no matter where they're from.

Miami guns is a truly incredible series. Hilarious and utterly retarded in every facet. Very entertaining. Like if Youre Under Arrest took itself even less seriously.

Jex

AD Police OVA 3

I don't get why this is on the list. I mean yeah it's got a horrible fetish of grotesque violence against scantily clad women, but is that? I expected something more from the List. Anyway, according to The List, next up is Angel Cop, but there are caveats. Someone please cite those to me before I start.
AD Police is up there for a few reasons. Namely, the dub and it's ridiculous attitude towards women which make it one of the most stupidly misogynistic works in the whole of anime. Truly, a bizarre series.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Nichibros 6

Best bro
0b5SaFe.png

Best girl
jlTklMc.png

Honorable mention because cute
81Ol7Ad.png

Another great episode.

Quasar

Well, are 1% of American Young Adult novels good? LNs are like those... but maybe even worse, since they seem to be more popular. So yeah, 1% is being generous. LNs, and YA books, are pretty awful almost all of the time, no matter where they're from.

Well I dont find them particularly bad. Certainly not worse than romance fiction. Or paranormal fiction for that matter. Though I haven't read a lot, just titles where I came to the anime first. So I was pre disposed to like them anyway. Though thats also true of manga.

Jex

It's every show I've watched recently enough to defend my position on it. Stuff like Sailor Moon, DBZ, Pokemon, and Tenchi are omitted because they're lost to the fog of my memory. The vast majority of that list is made up of shows I've watched in the thread. Very little, maybe 5% have I not watched in here.

That's cool. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to rank all the anime I've consumed.

Jex

So the number of people who have seen all three are insanely small but what would you recommend for the next backlog show out of these three?

1. GaoGaiGar
2. Dai-Guard
3. Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen

I'm leaning towards Shin Mazinger.

Shin Mazinger, hand's down. I haven't see Dai-Guard though.
I haven't seen Shin Mazinger, but I would recommend GaoGaiGar over Dai Guard. Dai Guard's good, but GGG is a classic.

Sounds like you have work to do!

Gazoinks

The Big O 2

So yeah this show is pretty cool. Dorothy and Roger have some nice back-and-forth (although more in the first episode than this one), and the premise and setting are pretty interesting.

Sooo... How does Roger get out of Big O when it goes back into the ground? It just sort of starts sinking and then he appears outside of the robot. Does he have a teleporter in there or what.

Kagami

Galileidonna 1

The 3DCG airship battle, and the robot stuff at the beginning, were pretty boring, as is often the case with 3DCG stuff (reminded me of how bored I was with much of Gargantia's 3D robot scenes). But the character animation looked nice, and the character designs are nice, so hopefully the show will spend more time on the characters than the 3D machinery.

Galileidonna 1

The two older sisters aren't bad, but Hozuki is clearly best girl by far and needs to get all the screentime. She is made of the hnnnnghyes. And all those shots in the OP and ED of her wearing some kind of loose-fitting dungaree dress with nothing underneath certainly help to boost her win factor. That's weird and hawt.

Yeah that ED was certainly a pleasant surprise.
The text-free version from the BDs is going to be a good source of wallpapers.

ok since everyone already got there first ep viewing tiers out heres mine.

WE ARE GUNDAM TIER
- gunpla build fighters: this show is better than it has any right to be, delicious 2d mecha acton, loveable moe ramba ral cameo, and Rinko unf unf unf. will be watching this every week.

BEAST HIGH TIER
-Valvrave season 2: the first episode delivered, all aboard the vvv insanity train choo choo, cant wait to see what insane things happen.

Lets go to school tier
- Kill la Kill: studio trigger and imaishi deliver so far, but it'll be interesting to see how the plot develops and where it will go. and fuck the haters, love ryuuko's uniform.

Haven't watched because im playing the mmo called work and it sucks tier
-everything else, with limited time its hard to pick and choose what im going to stick with this season

Will watching when it ends in a marathon of rolling gooooooooo tier
- Ippo raising: i enjoy me some ippo, but id prefer to watch it all in one go. i may change my mind on this when i watch the first ep.

Jarmel

Banned
Read the first couple of chapters of Chaika. Pretty boring I must say.

I just blew through the first three chapters to see what it was like and it's actually not that bad. The lead is fairly interesting in that he reminds me of a darker version of Oreki a lot of the time and the sister is more yandere than anything else. The way the magic system works is similar to videogames in that there is an incantation period and so there seems to be an element of strategy to the fights.

It actually looks like fairly solid fantasy writing so far. There are some tropes but they seem to be more minor details than anything.

fertygo

So the number of people who have seen all three are insanely small but what would you recommend for the next backlog show out of these three?

1. GaoGaiGar
2. Dai-Guard
3. Shin Mazinger Shōgeki! Z-Hen

I'm leaning towards Shin Mazinger.

I think for you I can recommend

1. Shin Mazinger
2. Dai-Guard
3. GGG

Because GGG is far more cliche than both, driving your inner 9-year old unlike the rest of two that have clever writing and directing which I think you would like.

duckroll

Tell me how you really feel, duckroll?

When the news broke I was in a game of golf with wonzo, dresden, and hosanna in GTA Online. So most of what I felt was the pain from my sides from laughing too hard when dresden drove his ball into the water twice in a row.

Jex

I just finished Patlabor so after I watch Giant Robo, I'll move onto Shin Mazinger(mostly because it's shorter than GGG).

GGG certainly has it's moments but it's got a lot more filler than Shin Mazinger Z, that's for sure.

Smut Toppa Gurren-Lagann 1
Kill La Kill
That was...interesting. You definitely see the TTGL inspiration/drawing & animation technique. Welp, we'll see if the show will be great or just amount to "wacky characters try to be awesome by doing wacky things".

Jex

What BONES rumor?

About BONES adapting some trash into anime. Well, purported trash, I've never examined the source material.

I thought BONES had satiated their girls with sniper rifles fetish after Darker Than Black S2 but I suppose I was wrong.

Grzi

About BONES adapting some trash into anime. Well, purported trash, I've never examined the source material.

I thought BONES had satiated their girls with sniper rifles fetish after Darker Than Black S2 but I suppose I was wrong.

Oh, thanks.
I thought it was something worse. :/

Theonik

SnW is one of my favorite animes, but the setting? No. It is not accurate. The whole "it's a European village but it's in Japan" element of the setting is pretty silly, and the whole Europe/Japan mixture thing is never competently (or incompetently, even) explained. Another one in a similar place to that is Haibane Renmei; the setting is great, but the part-Europe, part-Japan element to it is weird. Of course Haibane Renmei is even better than SnW and is one of the best TV animes ever, but the setting isn't exactly "accurate".
SnW actually explains its cultural mishmash quite well. However I wouldn't include it on such a list for different reasons. A post apocalyptic mishmash doesn't really fit as a realistic western setting. In-fact it's meant to be something different.

You can never satiate your need for girls with sniper rifles.

LayLa

other anime based in western locations with some effort put into the attention to detail

Michiko to Hatchin (Brazil)
Emma (19th C England)
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (19th C Paris)

speaking of 19th C Paris i'd like to see an anime of Gisèle Alain but i doubt it's popular enough

cajunator

Banned
other anime based in western locations with some effort put into the attention to detail

Michiko to Hatchin (Brazil)
Emma (19th C England)
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée (19th C Paris)

speaking of 19th C Paris i'd like to see an anime of Gisèle Alain but i doubt it's popular enough

Oh yeah Croisee is in France. What an adorable show!

Theonik

VVV 13
iuUhIlfktoXTP.png

DTL probably blew a blood vessel.
It's baaaaaaaack. I'm so happy.
Shit's about to get real again.
They actually explained a ton of things for the last few episodes dumb those explanations can be. RUNES ANSWER EVERYTHING.

R.I.P

Kill la Kill 02

The Mankanshoku family and stripping swag teacher are amazing. Overall I enjoyed this episode more than the first one, the characters are really quirky and funny and are beginning to grow on me.

jgminto

Log Horizon 2 Early impressions

At least SAO had the brains to have permadeath for the first part. Why will I even care otherwise?

Log Horizon 2 Early impressions

At least SAO had the brains to have permadeath for the first part. Why will I even care otherwise?

Why would you care about any series where you know the main characters aren't going to die (ie most anime)? The tone here is nothing like SAO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom