• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned
No idea, never really got into the games, but the characters always seemed interesting, albeit a bit generic.

BlazBlue is Arc Sys. Works tamest fighting game title. Compared to Guilty Gear the character designs, save for a few outliers, are generic fodder.

I really wish Arc would let someone do a Guilty Gear anime.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So... because I have finally watched Valvrave, I can start my fall shows. SO MANY TO CATCH UP ON. DAMMIT!!!

Grzi

BlazBlue is Arc Sys. Works tamest fighting game title. Compared to Guilty Gear the character designs, save for a few outliers, are generic fodder.

I know, I'm a huge fan of Guilty Gear, that's why I never could get into BlazBlue, it never felt as good.

Log Horizon Episode 2 – The Battle of Loka

Would probably be more exciting if it were just plain more intense and as actiony as the name Debauchery Tea Party would imply. I think it goes into details way too much and stays there too often that it becomes kind of a drag at times.

cnet128

Banned
Kyousougiga TV 1

AND SUDDENLY EVERYTHING MADE SENSE.

Whew, that was a really good episode. The series is still showing events in a fairly twisty-turny sort of fashion, jumping back and forth so as to not explicitly spell out how everything is connected, but thanks to the "origin story" this episode provided, almost all the dots seem to finally have linked together into something coherent and satisfying. (And what a sweet origin story it was!)

This show is great stuff you guys.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 14

So it's Momoko's birthday, but she made only 4 invitations... but Doremi's ends up falling on Tamaki's chair. Not sure why Momoko didn't make one for her considering what she did to make Tamaki less of an asshole, but then again, you hardly ever see her, so I'm not surprised if that was her reason for forgetting. But man, you can tell this would go down rather badly... nevermind the formula of an episode, but it's with "improved" Tamaki. Where can it go wrong?

UY4HP0y.jpg

Ooooh maan... Oooooooh maaaan. You fucked up badly. And clearly she regrets it, even moreso after seeing that video letter from Beth. So the preview basically gave us an idea on what the solution would be, and it was the strangest thing I've ever seen here. But on the other hand, she was willing to fix what she messed up, but still depressed since she wasn't sure if it was enough.

But it was.

CorvoSol

AD Police is up there for a few reasons. Namely, the dub and it's ridiculous attitude towards women which make it one of the most stupidly misogynistic works in the whole of anime. Truly, a bizarre series.

Ah, okay, so it was its horrible attitude toward women, then. I figured that was it. That part where the android is begging the dude to shoot hot bullets in her was no doubt the worst, but the lady dry humping the cyborg was probably the all time low.

That's cool. I can't even imagine how long it would take me to rank all the anime I've consumed.

It's sort of a cumulative process now. I finish a show, I stick it on there. Unless it's a long runner, then I decide at 25 episodes, and adjust when I finish the show. I have it saved in a word file on my computer, so I just crack that open and jot down the new shows I finish. I also have my backlog in another word file.

hi guuuuuys

i'm kinda drunk right now but i just wanted to tell yiu all that i loooooooooove you crazy folkss

<3

Somebody gonna take advantage of you.

Also Jex, I really do need to see Getter. Once I finish Victory, Zegapain and Dual, I'm gonna sit down and watch Getter, Mazinger, and Macross. I might rewatch Zeta, too, but in Japanese, to see if I cannot improve my opinion of it.

Thoraxes

People wondering why the KLK OP was so cheap? Because it was missing half of it.
Otsuka revealed in his MachiAsobi talk that they cut footage from the version airing in episodes 2-3 because they wanted Satsuki's super-costume to debut in the show first; the full version will be shown on episode 4.

I had a feeling that was the case. Same goes for
Ryuuko's, too.

It seems like there were a lot of openings for iteration in it, too. At least, that's what my gut reaction was when I saw it.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Decided to watch more of Going Home Club last night as I only watched the first two episodes previously. The :sdburton in this is stroooooong!

Dresden

galilei donna - 01

It's okay. Good, clean designs - always liked Adachi's work - appealing work across the board on the production side. Kinda dull otherwise, though. The focus on the youngest girl as the heroine surprised me. A downer in that I was hoping the older two girls would get more attention, but they have clearly defined gimmicks with very little chance of taking the show over.

Some unnecessarily pervy stuff in both the OP and ED. You're supposed to wear something under your overalls.

Articalys

Initially I thought I didn't recognise anyone in this picture. Eventually I managed to identify a few (I think that's Fino from YuuShibu over on the right, with Ai from KamiNai above her, and Natsume from Tokyo Ravens above her. Oh, and Tohka from Date a Live in the middle), but the artist's style is certainly obscuring them a lot more than in the Dengeki Bunko version.

Of course it doesn't help that I'm far less familiar with Fantasia Bunko series than Dengeki ones...
Here's a much cleaner picture of the Fantasia Bunko heroines, maybe it'll help:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmizo/10223600985/

Little Busters! Refrain Episode 2 – It Was Raining Back Then, Too
tumblr_mukfrtEC7f1qbxqfpo2_500.png
tumblr_mukfrtEC7f1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Well the male side of Little Busters! always jokes around and laughs so much, this whole scene with the above and then eventually what their interested in had me laughing. Otherwise for the plot...
are we really in a time loop or something. How will he even get out as I dont think there was no hints or nothing give for a solution if thats the case, and we have had no cats with more messages yet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member

Idk. With how the BB anime is going, I think I understand now why ishiwatari has blocked a GG anime for this long.

fertygo

Hajime no Ippo 74-75

Worth to rewatch the whole thing to reach this finale, soo good..

Now these Movie and OVA are confusing, which one to watch first? why they fucked up the manga event order?

Theonik

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 07 -END?-
I'm not crying it's just raining is all. Yeah just a lot of rain.
This was just. Just. Wow. Imagawa *bow* *bow*
Alberto-sama ;_; Also that cruel irony at the end oh my god. I'd figured Franken Von Fogler was a good man all along but christ that was heavy.
Ginrei-saaaaaaaan. Not to mention the rain of arrows and the battle in the field of arrows. That was just badass.
Seriously everyone needs to watch this anime. AT ALL COST!
Now I'm sad they never did a second OVA to continue this...

Hanzui is such a boss. The Magnificent Ten stuff at the beginning might be my favorite part of the series.
Indeed that was just awesome.

jman2050

Monogatari S2 15 (Otori 4)

Well damn.

Take note. This is how you successfully pull off an
Unreliable Narrator.

It's actually quite brilliant.
Nadeko's ability to deflect blame from herself and play the victim for sympathy is so strong she's been doing it in her story to the readers and herself from the start.
Also
Crab shows up at the 11th hour and masterfully reasserts herself as best girl just as Shinobu was encroaching. I knew she wouldn't let me down.

And now I bet you the next arc is gonna time jump again back to
what happened after Kabuki
just to screw with us some more. Nisioooooooooooooooooooo.

Anyway back to Pokemon. Why is this so gooood?

DiGiKerot

It might just be because I'd only previously read Ducky's comments on the movie, lowering my expectations, but I though Fuse was pretty OK. Director was a good laugh, though I can't remember anything from the QA specifically worth reiterating.

Patema Inverted next. I'm sure you're all jealous, though I have to admit I've still yet to find time to watch Time of Eve (at this point, I'm just going to wait for the movie kickstarter BD to turn up, methinks)

Grzi

Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still 07 -END?-

I'm not crying it's just raining is all. Yeah just a lot of rain.
This was just. Just. Wow. Imagawa *bow* *bow*
Alberto-sama ;_; Also that cruel irony at the end oh my god. I'd figured Franken Von Fogler was a good man all along but christ that was heavy.
Ginrei-saaaaaaaan. Not to mention the rain of arrows and the battle in the field of arrows. That was just badass.
Seriously everyone needs to watch this anime. AT ALL COST!
Now I'm sad they never did a second OVA to continue this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oPgMWIxD4I

(spoilers, I guess)

Hajime no Ippo 74-75

Worth to rewatch the whole thing to reach this finale, soo good..

Now these Movie and OVA are confusing, which one to watch first? why they fucked up the manga event order?

There was Takamura's past, then Champion Road, then that Mashiba fight. Then New Challenger.

Log Horizon 02

This show continues to be very enjoyable. All three main characters so far are great, and the protagonist is a strategist mage which makes it awesome as usually the strategist is a side character.

This'll be another of the anime I'll end up really enjoying this season. Animation and character design may be uninspired but the rest is golden so far.

galilei donna - 01

It's okay. Good, clean designs - always liked Adachi's work - appealing work across the board on the production side. Kinda dull otherwise, though. The focus on the youngest girl as the heroine surprised me. A downer in that I was hoping the older two girls would get more attention, but they have clearly defined gimmicks with very little chance of taking the show over.

Some unnecessarily pervy stuff in both the OP and ED. You're supposed to wear something under your overalls.

I think the biggest problem with Galilei Donna is that the characters aren't good. I have no problem with cute girls, but when they feel artificially constructed for appeal - characters defined by gimmicks instead of personalities - then it becomes difficult to have any serious investment in them and their activities. It's the same problem I had with Idolmaster. Even the youngest sister is rather one-note - I like the idea of a genius inventor girl, but she simply doesn't have a strong enough presence to be able to carry an adventure show. As good as the production values are, they aren't enough to obscure how flat the core of the show is. Perhaps that's the best Umetsu can do when he can't rely on sexual violence for characterization.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 02

This show continues to be very enjoyable. All three main characters so far are great, and the protagonist is a strategist mage which makes it awesome as usually the strategist is a side character.

This'll be another of the anime I'll end up really enjoying this season. Animation and character design may be uninspired but the rest is golden so far.

I need to remember to check out this series sometime. I've always had a bit of fondness for this setting, probably cause .hack was one of the first game series I really got into.

I need to remember to check out this series sometime. I've always had a bit of fondness for this setting, probably cause .hack was one of the first game series I really got into.

And like "gamers stuck in a game" anime from back in the days, this one also doesn't really bother explaining why they're stuck. SAO tried their best and I applaud them for it, heck the first story arc was fantastic, but then they recycled the idea over and over again (FOR YOUR COUNTRY KIRITO-KUN!)

Like I said the change in protagonist class does wonders for this to feel refreshed. It's by no means amazing but like others have mentioned, it's like an enjoyable cartoon you watch saturday morning and then go on with the rest of your day.

Silky

Banned
And like "gamers stuck in a game" anime from back in the days, this one also doesn't really bother explaining why they're stuck. SAO tried their best and I applaud them for it, heck the first story arc was fantastic, but then they recycled the idea over and over again (FOR YOUR COUNTRY KIRITO-KUN!)

Like I said the change in protagonist class does wonders for this to feel refreshed. It's by no means amazing but like others have mentioned, it's like an enjoyable cartoon you watch saturday morning and then go on with the rest of your day.

I think this is right, describing Log Horizon.

Dresden

I think the biggest problem with Galilei Donna is that the characters aren't good. I have no problem with cute girls, but when they feel artificially constructed for appeal - characters defined by gimmicks instead of personalities - then it becomes difficult to have any serious investment in them and their activities.

I'm hoping it'll get better on that regard, because it reminds me of ROD TV and my affection for it, although the comparison doesn't do much else in the way of favors for Donna.

Gazoinks

The Big O 3

Big O! Big O! Savior of the universe!

wait

So now we we have our femme fatale character who always makes things worse for everyone. Archetypes complete. This was a good episode, although I would've liked if Roger spent a little more time with the old man so he and the monster got a bit more development.

Really like the style and character of this show. I especially like the interaction between Roger and Dorothy, so I hope she comes out with him on more missions so we get more of that.

Log Horizon 02

Still enjoyable. Even the info dump was pretty nice since it was pretty nice to know more about this world and hell, I wouldn't mind playing this since they made it sound pretty interesting.

Valvrave the Liberator 3-13

Yep I marathoned this, and all I have to say is yeah, this show can do whatever it wants. I'll just go with it. It manages to be pretty well directed, scored, and paced in spite of its wackiness, I think that what I appreciate the most from this show. I mean I like how the solid production helps the viewer ignore all the stupid, but I wish that anime would dial it down a notch.

cnet128

Banned
Samurai Flamenco 1

That was really, really fun.

I wasn't expecting all that much from this show (in fact, I went into it thinking it might be a good candidate for dropping), but I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a first episode this season outside of Kill la Kill which has made me grin so much from start to finish.

The buddy duo of a down-to-earth realist and a fanciful dreamer isn't exactly a new idea, but it's just pulled off here really well with lots of personality. Masayoshi's heroic ambitions are both highly amusing and also legitimately cool and inspiring, because the earnest passion with which he espouses and pursues his ideals is just so infectious. It was really satisfying near the end of the episode when
it looked like his words had actually hit home with one of the group of kids he was lecturing

And of course Sugita does a great job as the straight man of the duo; Sugita characters are always difficult not to like, and Gotou seems no exception. (Even if he is a smoker. Blech.) He functions effectively as the viewer stand-in, laughing and sighing at Masayoshi's mad ideas and calling him out on them, while at the same time finding it hard not to admire the sheer heart and passion behind them. He feels very...I dunno, human and believable.

Also the OP and ED are both pretty nice. Definitely among the better ones this season (not that that's saying much).

detective conan 710-711

Fun arc. cool they involve modern stuff like tablets in the crime even though getting to that resolution was iffy.

Also best ending.

cn.jpg

CorvoSol

The Big O 3

Big O! Big O! Savior of the universe!

wait

So now we we have our femme fatale character who always makes things worse for everyone. Archetypes complete. This was a good episode, although I would've liked if Roger spent a little more time with the old man so he and the monster got a bit more development.

Really like the style and character of this show. I especially like the interaction between Roger and Dorothy, so I hope she comes out with him on more missions so we get more of that.

One of the greatest debates of all time is which female love interest Roger prefers.

Kuroko's Basketball 2 Episode 27 – At the Winter Cup
tumblr_mukgozZOaS1qkgj66o3_500.jpg

Kuroko is amazing and I like how they did the eyes
for whatever this new drive will be, vanishing invisible like the ball for Himuro did in the game
. Anyway, each episode just really makes me want to see Akashi get screentime and play, he sounds like epic incarnate and easily like my favorite character embodying every trait a rival ought to have, I hope he delivers (does he?).

They could tone down the bewbies stuff though, it feels out of place in this anime
kind of decreased a bit of the seriousness of Aomine's situation and elbow

cajunator

Banned
This is exactly what I expected: An MMO-Anime focused on the theme of being in an MMO.
I had a feeling there were no really big consequences regarding death
, and
the idea of the Player Killers being the real threat (for now)
will lead to a lot of good battles. This second episode feels more like a compliment to the intro where they introduce the viewer to the mechanics, compared to SAO where they constantly blazed through a lot of mechs for the sake of "story."

I'm really loving this. The battles are immensely satisfying even though it's basic introductory stuff. The trio cast has the right amount of chemistry when communicating so it doesnt feel like forced on slapstick/fanservice.

I think Shiroe is a very cool protagonist. He's an extremely stoic, and kind of 'blunt/to the point' person a good 80% of the show.

Shame the music doesn't develop anymore other than the OP of the show. (Which is pretty much summing up what you get from the show.)

I can't call it a guilty pleasure because...well, I genuinely enjoy it! :D

tumblr_mujsdehlSO1sq9yswo1_r1_500.gif

Akatsukiiiii <3

--

Well the anime is covering Calamity Trigger, right? Calamity Trigger's plot is so fucking stupid.

Akatsuki as with all mopheads is pretty adorable.There arent enough mopheads in anime. Shameful.

Here's a much cleaner picture of the Fantasia Bunko heroines, maybe it'll help:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tmizo/10223600985/

Im pretty sure I see Lina Inverse, Chidori, and Tohka. Not sure of who else.

Well I have Pokemon Y, so my post rate will be lower than it already is most likely.

Not a pleasant experience though. Got the poster and timeline (despite not preordering both), and yet my cousin got the shaft here. Even asked for her number and not a card, despite asking me for my card. No preorder goodies either. He wasn't doing his job well.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Does WataMote 'concludes' on anyway? Or I will be left with an unsatisfying tease that will never close like other series (Ika Musume...) ?

jbug617

Banned
Kuroko no Basket S2 2

Like the dialog between all the competitors. Murasakibara stands out obviously. Also get out first taste of basketball and you can tell Himuro is going to be a problem for Kagami.

The legend of Akashi begins and
you find out how much control he still has over people.

Also we finally get the debut of Kuroko's new technique.

Almost forgot episode is very :Chet in the middle.

Jarmel

Banned
So should I be watching the Giant Robo OVA or the TV series? I'm guessing they are relatively similar but I'm not sure what the differences are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom