• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurita

Legal High S2 1
Die8qvb.jpg

FINALLY!
I was so hyped for it and it delivered full force.
Hanzawa Naoki (the smash-hit drama of Sakai Masato, the main actor) reference, wacky characters and situations, Aragaki Yui being cute as hell.
Sooooooo good.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Saikano 2

Well okay this show's actually pretty good. Laying on the sad heavy and early.
Why they made a wimp like here the 'ultimate weapon' better get explained because she would be my last choice otherwise.

LordCanti

Monogatari 15 or The Continued Ethering of Sengoku Nadeko-chan

Damnnnnn. Is there no one that won't get on this ethering train? It's really starting to seem like
Ougi is a shit stirrer
and I assume that will play heavily into future arcs. I love the narrative structure of us knowing what the
last boss is, even though that arc is probably a long way off
and it was refreshing for a character to just be
rotten and pretty much unsalvagable as a human being
for once instead of just someone who is in
over their heads. Ougi may have given her the idea, but she really ran with it all the way to nearly killing Araragi, Shinobu and Senjougahara..

I was hoping that we'd get an extra episode out of this arc, but I guess they'll probably do another filler episode next week. It'll be a long wait for the next arc, even though it's only two weeks.

Looks like we need to divide KLK watchers into two camps: Bros who like Mako, and Those Other Guys

Mako is love; Everyone will come to understand this eventually.

cnet128

Banned
Guys help I keep spending money on trainer things and not Pokemon things.

I haven't come across many clothings of interest to buy yet, but I can totally see this is going to happen to me as well.

Trufax: The prices at that hair salon are outrageous. I spent nearly all my money trying out a couple of different hairstyles before coming to the conclusion that my favourite was the one I had to begin with. Sadly I didn't think to save beforehand. >.<

Looks like we need to divide KLK watchers into two camps: Bros who like Mako, and Those Other Guys

Sign me up for the bros camp.

cajunator

Banned
Already done!

And so you have and so I squeed!

Saikano 2

Well okay this show's actually pretty good. Laying on the sad heavy and early.
Why they made a wimp like here the 'ultimate weapon' better get explained because she would be my last choice otherwise.

Pretty much because shes cute and its a ploy to elicit sympathy from the audience.
And it worked with me lol. I forget what the in-show reason was for it or even if they had one. There is an OVA though that might tell a few things.

I haven't come across many clothings of interest to buy yet, but I can totally see this is going to happen to me as well.

Trufax: The prices at that hair salon are outrageous. I spent nearly all my money trying out a couple of different hairstyles before coming to the conclusion that my favourite was the one I had to begin with. Sadly I didn't think to save beforehand. >.<

You fucked up! Though even if I didn't save beforehand I would have been satisfied with my first and only choice (short, black hair, AW YISS).

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kyousougiga (TV) Episode 1:

So the show goes and lays all the cards right before the viewer. I suppose it was needed but I protest the notion that Episode Zero lacked sense on its own, you just had to pay attention. Indeed, paying attention is what this series is about, and it makes for some mental exhaustion. This was serviceable episode but I am not super enamored with the series thus far either. A fine show but dear god is it overrated.

Can I be part of the Kill La Kill group that is enjoying the anime, but is enjoying other stuff better?

Sorry Kill La Kill. You want to be Gurren Lagann but you can't bro.

BRO.

FIGHT DA POWA

Soma

White Album 2 Episode 02

Ahhh glasses+pigtails. My one weakness.

I love how that entire scene was basically a joke on that whole trope.

"You have to keep this side of you a secret from everyone in school because you need to earn money for your sick father or something right?"

"Nah my family's well off. I just want to earn money for myself and it's not a really huge deal if you tell people."

The show continues to be good. The dialogue, especially the exchanges between Haruki and Ogiso, is great and the tone still remains to be relatively low-key which makes for a nice, calming atmosphere. All the characters introduced so far seem to be surprisingly likeable especially the protagonist who manages to be really competent with his go-getter personality.

Crocodile

Can I be part of the Kill La Kill group that is enjoying the anime, but is enjoying other stuff better?

BRO.

FIGHT DA POWA

NO

Yes you can. Though I personally can't remember what I thought of TTGL after two episodes other than that I liked it.

Articalys

Announcements from Aniplex USA at NYCC:

- Magi is getting a DVD only release, in two sets. January and March next year.
- Madoka Magica The Rebellion Story won't open in North American theaters until December 6, though there will be a special premiere event in Hollywood on the 3rd.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-12/aniplex-to-release-1st-magi-season-in-2-dvd-box-sets
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...gica-film-to-open-in-u.s-canada-on-december-6

Madoka movie showtimes:
http://madokamagicausa.com/rebellion/

- Madoka Magica The Rebellion Story won't open in North American theaters until December 6, though there will be a special premier event in Hollywood on the 3rd.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-12/aniplex-to-release-1st-magi-season-in-2-dvd-box-sets
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...gica-film-to-open-in-u.s-canada-on-december-6

Was hoping for Valvrave pt 1...will end up getting Magi at some point in time, but that is a bit too soon, SAO BDs, BLue Exorcist BDs/Movie, and BLast of Tempest dvds still in queue for me.

cajunator

Banned

- Madoka Magica The Rebellion Story won't open in North American theaters until December 6, though there will be a special premiere event in Hollywood on the 3rd.

DVD?
Fuck this shit.

Go_Ly_Dow

I guess I should have copied it over onto the new page, since that's the only thing people ever read apparently. Post something too close to the bottom of the page and people just ignore it!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=85708690&postcount=7547

Wolf Children has the greatest Anime OST of all time.... so of course it is getting a separate release in overseas markets as well :)

Soma

BRO.

FIGHT DA POWA

Speaking of which, this kinda brings to mind probably the only... "complaint" I have with KLK which is the current lack of an underlying emotional theme.

It's not so much a complaint but more of something I feel is currently lacking when comparing this show to the creators' other works. With Gurren Lagann you had the whole "Do the impossible" thing and with FLCL you had the underlying "coming of age" theme. Both of them had these themes more or less established right from the very first episode but I haven't seen something similar just quite yet for KLK since it's currently preoccupied with Ryuuko's goal to find the other half of the scissor. Because of that I find it a little hard to relate to many of the characters but I can still find them very entertaining. With that said, I imagine the show hasn't even begun to show its true colors just quite yet and judging by what people are saying for the third episode, this is aiming for something much bigger than what has been introduced so far.

Gazoinks

Oh I'll tell you exactly what you thought.

you thought this
tumblr_ljmm3n2o751qj3teco1_500.gif

MA BRO

Kamina keeps his glasses on his face through sheer manliness.

I actually haven't really felt KLK was trying to be that Gurren Lagann-y so far. It has shades of it, of course, but it hasn't really felt like a clone attempt to me. It feels to me more like some weird combination of Panty & Stocking, FLCL, and something with school fighting. I'd say Utena but I haven't actually seen it. I'm curious to see where this apparently big game changer third episode is going, though.

It's probably tied for my favorite of the season so far with Kyousougiga, but that only has one episode so far.

Vecks

Log Horizon 2

Another episode to just set things up. As expected, no permadeath, and that's fine with me because I didn't want another SAO. Less drama, more relaxed. Maybe we'll finally meet some new characters next ep.

LordCanti

DVD?
Fuck this shit.

Anyone releasing an anime as DVD only in 2013 is making a big mistake for sure.

Speaking of which, this kinda brings to mind probably the only... "complaint" I have with KLK which is the current lack of an underlying emotional theme.

It's not so much a complaint but more of something I feel is currently lacking when comparing this show to the creators' other works. With Gurren Lagann you had the whole "Do the impossible" thing and with FLCL you had the underlying "coming of age" theme. Both of them had these themes more or less established right from the very first episode but I haven't seen something similar just quite yet for KLK since it's currently preoccupied with Ryuuko's goal to find the other half of the scissor. Because of that I find it a little hard to relate to many of the characters but I can still find them very entertaining. With that said, I imagine the show hasn't even begun to show its true colors just quite yet and judging by what people are saying for the third episode, this is aiming for something much bigger than what has been introduced so far.

I think revenge is pretty clearly the theme right now.

Monogatari second season - 15

Monogatari%20Series%20Second%20Season%20-%2015.jpg

Loooooool

That delicious feelign when you feel like the author hasn't written that part yet..

Nadeko remind me of a character in xenogears...

Ps:
I do know how this end in the books , but i guess that "preview" gave me this feelign

White Album 2 02

Main character in a low-key, calm romantic drama is a smart go getter with a great personality? Somebody pinch me.

Also when the black haired girl first talked I kind of laughed. I expected her to have a deep voice but not a chifuyuu-nee like voice. I thought it was a guy at first lol

As to the Madoka movie not coming to the US till december, I might have to guilty pleasure watch that somewhere. By myself. With a hoodie on. Self-shame animu fan

cajunator

Banned
Anyone releasing an anime as DVD only in 2013 is making a big mistake for sure.

Thats what I was thinking, but I guess a lot of people still buy DVD.
Its just that I wish we were always given a choice cause DVD is just not as durable and extra discs take up more space.

Soma

Yeah plot-wise it definitely is, but how many people can relate to something like that?

I'm not saying being relatable is a must-have for every anime ever because the show is definitely able to stand well enough on its own, imo, but it does make the experience all the more enjoyable.

Dresden

Yeah plot-wise it definitely is, but how many people can relate to something like that?

Considering the frequency with which it appears in fiction, I'd say quite a bit.

I'm not saying being relatable is a must-have for every anime ever because the show is definitely able to stand well enough on its own, imo, but it does make the experience all the more enjoyable.

I don't think the problem with KLK is the lack of a theme or motive, it's that between all the rapid-fire jokes and general over the top nonsense, there hasn't been any time to develop it in a meaningful way. Episode 3 might change this.

Westlo

Monogatari Second Season 15

best arc since the original series,
Nadeko's spiral into outright insanity
has been fascinating to watch

It's hilarious that a comment from her VA @ an bake anime promo thingy made Nisio turn her into this, I think it was something like
I want to play a villain for once
or something along those lines.

Only thing better is how this is resolved. Thank fuck they threw Hana into the bushes so we got it this year instead of waiting until who knows how long.

fertygo

KLK's theme is behind the fabulous teacher identity.. My guess he was the first Senketsu wearer, which why he know many.. And as like Ryuko maybe he embarrassed as shit wearing it in the past.. but after awhile he became shameless fabulous that indicating what'll happen if you (or needed to)unlock the godress potential.. For Satsuki's dress its clearly the exact opposite, the wearer must holding the pride etc.

So basically its Law and Chaos conflict stuff plus maybe a bit convoluted stuff like who you really are and the revenge theme not gonna really matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom