• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

Considering the frequency with which it appears in fiction, I'd say quite a bit.

I don't think the problem with KLK is the lack of a theme or motive, it's that between all the rapid-fire jokes and general over the top nonsense, there hasn't been any time to develop it in a meaningful way. Episode 3 might change this.

Yeah I think this is a better wording of what I was trying to convey.

While KLK has been really enjoyable on a visual and comedic level (I guess YMMV for some...) I think this show has quite a lot more in store with how fast it's moving through things. I can't even imagine what the "bigger" picture ends up being by the end of the show and that makes me really excited for whats to come.

LayLa

It's hilarious that a comment from her VA @ an bake anime promo thingy made Nisio turn her into this, I think it was something like
I want to play a villain for once
or something along those lines.

Only thing better is how this is resolved. Thank fuck they threw Hana into the bushes so we got it this year instead of waiting until who knows how long.

i haven't read the books but i'm going to be a bit disappointed if it doesn't end
like a Medusa ending should with Ararararagi chopping Nadeko's crazy head off

Flai

I started watching One Piece about week ago and oh-my-god do I love it :) ! I'm just pretty scared that I've already watched 40 episodes and thats like.. 1/20 of all the episodes :| It's gonna take ages to finish this :p

56HzGq0.jpg

Yusibu 2

Opening: Don't care for it.
Ending: Meh.

Upset they skipped the old man displaying his skills, but watching Fino speak and act like a demon lord is making this show very enjoyable to watch.

Nordicus

Hajime No Ippo: Rising 2

Oh man, I was almost tearing up after that match. Something about that Shimabukuro, a character who's basically only been in 2 episodes, is just so wonderful.

UNyWGcp.jpg

SO SIMPLE YET SO GEWD!

Edit: It seems as if the pace in this fight was massively rushed from the manga, which is a shame, but the end product here is still good. Believe me, this is no Zetman. Now *THAT* was rushed to the point of ruining the series

I started watching One Piece about week ago and oh-my-god do I love it :) ! I'm just pretty scared that I've already watched 40 episodes and thats like.. 1/20 of all the episodes :| It's gonna take ages to finish this :p

Just savor it dude. Savor the fuck out of it.

That was like me when I started watching Gintama.

Then I caught up with all the episodes and I'm sad as shit as that was a daily thing for me. Get lunch and watch Gintama.

No more Katsura for me :'(

Articalys

I certainly don't. In fact, up until now, the longest show I've watched was Sket Dance at 77 episodes, and since Space Brothers just hit episode 77 this week, it's going to take the crown with the next episode.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Shotacure 36

For Raquel, isn't this literal puppy love? Seeing him get all flustered over one of the girls' classmates was fun to watch. Giving the fairies human forms make it easy for the audience to connect, and the stories are really universal. So he's a shota and a dog thing, she's someone who
already has a boyfriend
, it was never going to work out. But seeing Raquel put himself through the ringer like that was touching to watch. Rikka was barely in control of her own body during that fight scene... against a giant swan boat barfing out poison stuff. The usual Precure oddities are there, but around several episodes that focus on Ai, one with the fairies was a nice change of pace. Though if Raquel's crushing on Rikka now, she probably only sees him as a brother. It's already established she's Mana's wife.

Next week is an episode about Aguri hating carrots. But more importantly, it's about the
long awaited return of Regina.
Been forever since we last saw her.

CorvoSol

Can I be part of the Kill La Kill group that is enjoying the anime, but is enjoying other stuff better?

Sorry Kill La Kill. You want to be Gurren Lagann but you can't bro.

BRO.

FIGHT DA POWA

Or is it trying to be Utena?

In either case, everything I've seen so far this season is better than Samurai Flamenco. Like what a tepid opening.

Gazoinks

Or is it trying to be Utena?

In either case, everything I've seen so far this season is better than Samurai Flamenco. Like what a tepid opening.

I really hope Samurai Flamenco improves when it gets going. I like the idea, but the first episode really didn't do much for me. Actually, I got a similar thing with Coppelion and Galilei Donna, so maybe it's this season in general.

Quasar

White Album 2 #2 - I normally avoid music anime (mostly as its all idol stuff) but this with its title intrigued me. So despite thinking jumping into season 2 would be probably a bad idea I tried it out. Thankfully it is its own story (apparently set 10 years after S1), and I have to say after two episodes I am liking it. Even if it just looks like a soapy tale of a school band forming to play at a school festival, with I guess foreshadowing of one member becoming an idol. I think I might keep watching this, at least for a while.

CorvoSol

I really hope Samurai Flamenco improves when it gets going. I like the idea, but the first episode really didn't do much for me. Actually, I got a similar thing with Coppelion and Galilei Donna, so maybe it's this season in general.

I enjoyed Coppelion's first episode way more than Samurai Flamenco. Possibly because things actually happened in the first episode of Coppelion and possibly because I'm just not a fan of Boys Love shows, which I wish someone had told me Samurai Flamenco was.

Quasar

Log Horizon 2

Another episode to just set things up. As expected, no permadeath, and that's fine with me because I didn't want another SAO. Less drama, more relaxed. Maybe we'll finally meet some new characters next ep.

Whilst true, reactions given the lack of stakes is a bit weird to me.

jbug617

Banned

One Piece just draws you in.

Gazoinks

I enjoyed Coppelion's first episode way more than Samurai Flamenco. Possibly because things actually happened in the first episode of Coppelion and possibly because I'm just not a fan of Boys Love shows, which I wish someone had told me Samurai Flamenco was.

I think Coppelion's actually annoyed me more because I liked it more. Samurai Flamenco was just sort of "Eeeh", and if it gets better that's great. I feel a little more invested in Coppelion, because I like what they're going for, but I feel like they're kind of coming up short.

Quasar

Didn't know that. I stopped when guy brought out the home theatre to explain why coming down on drunks was a normal superhero thing to do.

I thought, given I also still haven't watch Galilea, that I was and am just burnt out on #1s.

Pooya

yeah, I'm too old to watch never ending shounen anime :|
20 something episodes is my limit nowadays, I need that closure and moving to something else.

Strike the Blood 2

Opening: Pretty good. Another one I would wait for the full version.
Ending: Nice.

She's a teacher????????????

Great, now I have even more reasons to like her.

Imouto isn't that bad either. Kinda doubt they're blood related though.

Show is still a joy to watch thanks to Kojou still being a very likeable MC and Yukina's innocence. Action scenes aren't that bad either.

I confess that I cannot sympathize with those who didn't like the first episode of Samurai Flamenco. The production values might be mediocre, but the direction is solid and the character writing is great. Both the leads are charming, and I'm really interested in seeing how their relationship develops. (It's unfortunate that it seems a lot of people throw friendship between two men into the "That's so gay!" pile.) It's also really funny - which is admittedly a very subjective assessment, but it hit all the right buttons for me, despite not being a tokusatsu fan. Either it or White Album 2 are my second-favorite openers of this season, with Kyousougiga of course being my favorite.

Gazoinks

I confess that I cannot sympathize with those who didn't like the first episode of Samurai Flamenco. The production values might be mediocre, but the direction is solid and the character writing is great. Both the leads are charming, and I'm really interested in seeing how their relationship develops. (It's unfortunate that it seems a lot of people throw friendship between two men into the "That's so gay!" pile.) It's also really funny - which is admittedly a very subjective assessment, but it hit all the right buttons for me, despite not being a tokusatsu fan. Either it or White Album 2 are my second-favorite openers of this season, with Kyousougiga of course being my favorite.

Well I fully support the claim that I'm an unfeeling monster.

I don't know, it's hard to explain exactly why it left me cold. There's potential in the interaction between the two leads, and I'm hoping that's developed well, but right now it hasn't really captured me. Maybe I'm just a bit tired of the idealistic vs cynical duo? Humor didn't do much for me, really. I am legitimately curious where they'll take the story, though. Whether they'll keep it on the "mundane" level, so to speak, or whether it'll turn into an actual superhero show like in the OP.

Also Japanese middle schoolers are hella burly apparently.

Doki Doki! Shotacure 36

For Raquel, isn't this literal puppy love? Seeing him get all flustered over one of the girls' classmates was fun to watch. Giving the fairies human forms make it easy for the audience to connect, and the stories are really universal. So he's a shota and a dog thing, she's someone who
already has a boyfriend
, it was never going to work out. But seeing Raquel put himself through the ringer like that was touching to watch. Rikka was barely in control of her own body during that fight scene... against a giant swan boat barfing out poison stuff. The usual Precure oddities are there, but around several episodes that focus on Ai, one with the fairies was a nice change of pace. Though if Raquel's crushing on Rikka now, she probably only sees him as a brother. It's already established she's Mana's wife.

Next week is an episode about Aguri hating carrots. But more importantly, it's about the
long awaited return of Regina.
Been forever since we last saw her.

Keep on trying to pull elements from the older shows

Dunno how yall watch multi hundred episode shows

Pretty much used to hate One Piece due to the 4kids dub. Only forced myself to watch it in college cause my girlfriend at the time (now best friend) loved it, and I wanted to be able to hang with her while she was doing OP things.

And then it swallowed me alive and never let go. OTL.

Branduil

Well, you're right about humor being subjective. I didn't find it terribly funny, and the aforementioned mediocre production value didn't help either. I didn't find the storyboarding very interesting, either, and the music was just plain bad.

cnet128

Banned

NAKAMA

...is what I would be saying if it weren't for your attitude towards Kill la Kill =/

Well I fully support the claim that I'm an unfeeling monster.

I don't know, it's hard to explain exactly why it left me cold. There's potential in the interaction between the two leads, and I'm hoping that's developed well, but right now it hasn't really captured me. Maybe I'm just a bit tired of the idealistic vs cynical duo?

Goto isn't particularly cynical though. He's grounded in reality, certainly as compared to Masayoshi's fantasies, but he doesn't come off as jaded or bitter or anything like that. He humors Masayoshi's activities and has sympathy for him, even as he's somewhat bemused by him. They're both good-natured, likable people. A lot of comparisons have been made between this and Tiger and Bunny, but from the one episode of Tiger and Bunny I saw (admittedly a small sample) I like the duo here a lot more - Barnaby was a real jerk.

Humor didn't do much for me, really. I am legitimately curious where they'll take the story, though. Whether they'll keep it on the "mundane" level, so to speak, or whether it'll turn into an actual superhero show like in the OP.

I'm hoping it'll be kept mundane. (And note that the superhero portion of the OP is all Masayoshi's fantasy!) It'd spoil what I like about the setting if Masayoshi became a "real" toku hero by some fantastic means.

CorvoSol

I do wish Corvo would review it given previous reactions.

What show is this? If it's Oreimo I don't think I'm ready to be banned that long.

I think Coppelion's actually annoyed me more because I liked it more. Samurai Flamenco was just sort of "Eeeh", and if it gets better that's great. I feel a little more invested in Coppelion, because I like what they're going for, but I feel like they're kind of coming up short.

I just need them to turn the filters down a bit on Coppelion.

Didn't know that. I stopped when guy brought out the home theatre to explain why coming down on drunks was a normal superhero thing to do.

I thought, given I also still haven't watch Galilea, that I was and am just burnt out on #1s.

I don't know that Samurai Flamenco IS Boy's Love, it just seemed like it.

I actually thought the show's production values were great. It was the writing that stunk. Two dudes meet and hang out watching TV. YAY.

Really disliked the model guy, don't find anything charming about preening self-absorption. Pretty much my only sticking point with the first episode, although as he's the title character it's a bit of a big one.

I can see how people would assess Masayoshi as having delusions of grandeur, but I don't think he's particularly self-absorbed - quite the opposite. If he was self-absorbed he wouldn't be trying to make the world a better place as Samurai Flamenco - admittedly his attempts are ineffectual and somewhat misguided, but his heart is in the right place, as his monologue towards the end of the episode shows.

I actually thought the show's production values were great. It was the writing that stunk. Two dudes meet and hang out watching TV. YAY.

If you're not interested in watching people talk, I can certainly see why you wouldn't be interested in Samurai Flamenco.

Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal II 118

WE'RE OFF TO SAVE THE SPACE GHOST!

And i still don't know how this is still a card battle anime.

and now i ask ...is this still a card battle anime ?

I fear that now that they went fully into "space" , next protagonist will explore "dimensions" or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom