• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 01

And we back. I'm glad they put all the emotional drama/setup stuff on the first episode tbh.
But yeah. Doremi continues to be the unluckiest bishoujo and all is well in the world.
Also I really love their new transformation sequences/Magical Stage.
Too bad it takes them forever to combine them into one splitscreen OKIGAE TIME sequence.

I should probably mention that I'd heard elsewhere that the version of Yoyo which is playing at SLA is non-final, so there's a chance that there's a bunch of stuff in there that was incomplete, though I'm kind of struggling to figure out exactly what might be changed before the final release.

From what SLA said on Twitter, the visuals of the film are complete but the film isn't at its final edit yet, so it's probable the staff will change the length/ordering of scenes before the film comes out in Japan.

Pooya

GodEater 2 opening vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1_3QmUbOZE ufotable was supposed to make this in 2011, I'm not sure sure if it's by them now in 2013, looks like it is from the visuals.

the song is so bad, lolol. Plot seems to have a far bigger scope than 1 if this video is any indication.

some SHAFTheadtilt in here...

20lqeb.gif

Tenumi

Banned
lmftfy
And you should watch S2 ASAP.

Yes. And I really should.

Kiss x Sis TV: 02

Yeah, I don't know, either.

Seriously, I don't know who gets the blame here, the sisters or the brother. Neither one is exactly innocent, here.

I'm not even going to go into details on what happened this episode. *Sigh* Not blood-related, not blood-related....

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
A new strike witches series is long overdue. Now if they could just get round to releasing the movie BD in the UK.

DiGiKerot

From what SLA said on Twitter, the visuals of the film are complete but the film isn't at its final edit yet, so it's probable the staff will change the length/ordering of scenes before the film comes out in Japan.

Hmm, well, there's certainly a few slightly muddled scenes towards the end that could problem do with some really minor edits - nothing in the order of NeraGaku's climax, though.

Just seen Budori Gusuko. I was starting to think I was maybe underselling the quality of the animation in most the stuff I've seen this weekend, particularly Yoyo and Nene. I mean, it's an expectations thing, and whilst I appreciate that not everything is going to have the animation quality of a Redline or even a Space Show, ufotable didn't really do themselves many favours with Fate/Zero - when you make a TV show with that kind of production ambition, it starts to set what are perhaps unreasonable expectations as to what they'd be delivering with a movie.

But, nah - whilst it's a meandering mess of a movie that I'd have trouble recommending anyone actually watch, Budori, in terms of pure, basic character animation, is easily the most what we'd call "theatrical quality" in terms of animation that I've seen this weekend. It's not something that's the quality of a particularly solid TV episode with maybe slightly more ambitious effects animation, it's simply well animated on a base level.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man. Only seen two shows this season and I'm likely to drop one of them (KnK). Need to try some other ones out.

Or maybe I'll get back to watching the Galaxy Express again.

[Samurai Flamenco] - 1

duckrollwasright.jpg

This was a pretty entertaining first episode. As others, even those who enjoyed the episode, have noted the production values aren't particular strong and I can see why that might put some people off. However, what I really enjoyed was the characters and their humorous interactions with each other. Which is good, because that made up the vast majority of the episode.

I didn't really have any specific expectations for this show because I hadn't really paid any attention to the preview material so I can imagine people who thought this might be a 'real' superhero show might feel disappointed or misled. All I knew is that it was a noitaminA show and that used to mean a certain kind of series, a series that was different to the kind of material you'd find elsewhere in anime and that often. Therefore I was perfectly open to the idea that this might be a series where people just talk to each other and the quality of their interactions will dictate whether or not you like the series. I happened to find the leads to be charming and funny so of course I enjoyed the episode.

I don't really know where the show is going, as such, but that's fine by me too. I'm perfectly happy to sit back and let the series take me where it wants to go.

Jex understands

Nichibros 8

Welp, now I'm even more afraid of centipedes. :lol

Also, how am I 2/3 done with this show already? :(

Because no one bought any DVDs to keep it going.

Articalys

Select list of winners from the 3rd Newtype Anime Awards, presented yesterday at Machi Asobi, as voted on by readers of Newtype magazine and website:

Best TV Anime: Attack on Titan
Best Film Anime: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

Best Male Character: Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate)
Best Female Character: Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Best Mascot Character: Chamber (Gargantia)

Best Male Seiyuu: Tomokazu Sugita
Best Female Seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro

The period of eligibility was October 2012 to September 2013. Full list including all runners up here:
http://gigazine.net/news/20131013-anime-award-machiasobi11/

The 2nd and 3rd place for best male seiyuu were Kamiya and Miyano, so I'm pretty damn happy with those results.

edit: oh, I'll post one more:

Best Mecha Design:
1) Majestic Prince
2) Valvrave
3) Gargantia

Select list of winners from the 3rd Newtype Anime Awards, presented yesterday at Machi Asobi, as voted on by readers of Newtype magazine and website:

Full list including all runners up here:

Based Sugita.

Nah, didn't see you said you had fixed it. Just saw it earlier and you weren't around when I did is all!

Can't take care of everything when I'm asleep! Yet..!

The period of eligibility was October 2012 to September 2013. Full list including all runners up here:

The 2nd and 3rd place for best male seiyuu were Kamiya and Miyano, so I'm pretty damn happy with those results.

Well there was Sugita, so there's a slight shine

Fucking newtype voters, they have terrible taste.

But but Sugita

Tenumi

Banned
Kiss x Sis TV: 03

I think I'm going to take the quick hit and get this over with as quick as possible. I don't hate it, after all
I'm still reading the manga
. I'd just rather.... move on.

Tenumi

Banned

Best Mecha Design:
1) Majestic Prince
2) Valvrave
3) Gargantia

Girls und Panzer not winning best Soundtrack is an absolute travesty.

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 02

Leave it to doremi to do something dumb.
Also
Hana's magic
is going to be a huge problem isn't it.
I'd also mention the pretty dark twist with Doremi's mom but It's like the 5th time someone would have posted about it in 3 months so I'll refrain.
Instead let me say hair down doremi is awesome.

Doremi doing something dumb is something that will never go away.... but that's why we love her AND yell at her.

Best Mecha Design:
1) Majestic Prince
2) Valvrave
3) Gargantia

People like bland female characters, ugh.

At least they picked good mecha designs, Red5 ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom