• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magi S2 - Episode 2

Really great episode. The fighting was amazing! I hope the animation keeps up in this show, because if the fighting is like the one I saw in this episode. Then consider me a fan.

Sinbad was way OP in this episode.

I'm really really trying to hold back my urge to read the manga >.<

cnet128

Banned
Select list of winners from the 3rd Newtype Anime Awards, presented yesterday at Machi Asobi, as voted on by readers of Newtype magazine and website:

Yeah, there are some good results in here, but an awful lot of it is laughable ~.~

Chamber winning "best mascot" is cool, but I'm kind of surprised that both him and Monokuma managed to beat Kyubey.

Log Horizon 2

This is pleasant enough to watch, but it's still not really doing anything to grab me, so I'm going to take the precious opportunity to drop it.

One anime down, still far too many remaining ~.~

Tenumi

Banned
Kiss x Sis TV: 04

jYWHEu8.jpg

If that was true, half the harem anime out there would exist.

Also, he's wanted to marry his sisters since he was a little kid... and didn't grow out of it.

*Sigh*

Select list of winners from the 3rd Newtype Anime Awards, presented yesterday at Machi Asobi, as voted on by readers of Newtype magazine and website:

Best TV Anime: Attack on Titan
Best Film Anime: Steins;Gate: Fuka Ryouiki no Déjà vu

Best Male Character: Rintaro Okabe (Steins;Gate)
Best Female Character: Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan)
Best Mascot Character: Chamber (Gargantia)

Best Male Seiyuu: Tomokazu Sugita
Best Female Seiyuu: Miyuki Sawashiro

The period of eligibility was October 2012 to September 2013. Full list including all runners up here:
http://gigazine.net/news/20131013-anime-award-machiasobi11/

The 2nd and 3rd place for best male seiyuu were Kamiya and Miyano, so I'm pretty damn happy with those results.

edit: oh, I'll post one more:

Best Mecha Design:
1) Majestic Prince
2) Valvrave
3) Gargantia

I can forgive them for giving Attack on Titan the award for best TV series just because of this stuff.

Newtype readers apparently have excellent taste in voice actors. And talking mecha.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 2

I like that they're actually putting effort into making it seem like an MMO, with stuff like the subclasses and abilities that seem like they could actually be in a game. The PvP battle was pretty cool for that reason. Even though it of course wasn't a duplicate of a real MMO battle (not enough standing in place and auto-attacking :p) it sort of felt like a dramatization of what could've been a real MMO battle, instead of just a fantasy battle that happens to be in an MMO. The main character being a strategist continues to be pretty cool, and it seems like there's gonna be a heavy teamwork element to the battles because of that.

Somewhat positive news for Oregairu fans: reports from an event for the show yesterday seem to indicate the author mentioned there's a 60% chance for a second season of the anime.

Is there enough material for a season two?

Or are they going to backtrack and animate the stuff they skipped?

cajunator

Banned
GodEater 2 opening vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1_3QmUbOZE ufotable was supposed to make this in 2011, I'm not sure sure if it's by them now in 2013, looks like it is from the visuals.

the song is so bad, lolol. Plot seems to have a far bigger scope than 1 if this video is any indication.

some SHAFTheadtilt in here...

20lqeb.gif

Wow. I dunno whats going on here but thats definitely Shaftian.

There isn't an appropriate amount of capital letters or some sort of excitement gif to truly express the happiness I'm feeling right now. But that isn't going to stop me from trying.

S3 AND OVA CONFIRMED AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUCK

Im happy your fuwafuwa dreams have come true :D
Hopefully Sanya is in this one.

Good news fellow crew members, the transparency is working now!

zbMqYLR.jpg

GAO GAO
I found my old shirt with this on it. Gonna wear it this week for the hell of it.

ln9xRR5.jpg

Paging SDburton, paging SDburton. A new flower has bloom in the garden.

WHat show is this? You cant post something like this with no description.

Assuming you mean OniAi,
there's no incest in that show. Akito was adopted, and both he and Arashi (the red haired girl, actually Akito's cousin) know this and try to keep it a secret.
It's a lewd, but overall harmless comedy. Quite funny and well directed, too. I think a lot more people would have watched the show if they knew up front.
OniAi? Which was that? *looks it up* Oh, that 'My little sister is among them' thing. I forgot about that one, there are way too many incest animes to keep track of it... but no, I had to look up the name, and what I was talking about is Yosuga no Sora. You know, the harem-series adaptation which actually kept the sex in, and ended with twincest.

Returning to OniAi, though, remember that what really matters isn't whether people are related, but whether they grew up together from a young age. If you do that, you're extremely unlikely to have romantic feelings for eachother, regardless of your blood relationship. I don't know how it went in that series, I dropped OniAi after one episode.

One Piece 616

Law proving time and again, why he's the best part about this entire arc.

I will say that moment could have been animated alot better. But it was still incredibly satisfying to see him take down Vergo and wipe that smile off Doflamingo's face with his own.

The added Smoker vs Vergo fight was actually done very well.

Jex

As I happened to re-watching the original Hajime no Ippo series I thought it might be interesting to briefly compare it to the new installment, Rising, in terms of both series visual presentation.

The original Ippo series aired in 2000 and was produced by Studio Madhouse. By the looks of it they were sill animating it on cells. The new series, Rising, is also produced by Studio Madhouse but as it's been over a decade since the original series it would come as no surprise to find that there's not much staff overlap between the two works.

In terms of background art, both shows look fairly attractive:

The real differences lie in the character animation. The characters in the new series have fairly wooden expressions, except during battle, where as the original characters were far more expressive:

vs.

There's an exaggerated, cartoony quality to the expressions in the original series which make the characters more interesting to look at.

In terms of action, both shows use speed lines and shading in the place of fluid animation for budget considerations. The new series also uses motion blur to imply movement which I'm not a huge fan of.

The original series also makes use of high detailed close ups for important actions which I find to be very effective:

Anyway, perhaps the most importance difference lies in the musical score and that's something I can't demonstrate in my post. The original soundtrack is excellent and I've found the most recent Ippo series so be sorely lacking in the sound department.

Jex

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not a fan of how clean the art in the new series looks, nor do I like how harsh the colours are. There's no warmth to them at all.

Look how shiny and new the gym looks in RIsing compared to the original series where it's dirty and gritty. Even the punching bags are shiny.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I'm not a fan of how clean the art in the new series looks, nor do I like how harsh the colours are. There's no warmth to them at all.

Look how shiny and new the gym looks in RIsing compared to the original series where it's dirty and gritty. Even the punching bags are shiny.

Looks more like a lighting issue.

Stuff!
Yes thats E7 AO. Sorry Corvy.

I cannot unsee the Part One on the E7:AO artbox. FUNimation really needs some better QC...

But it has elena in it :(
Thoraxes would understand

Anyway Ill get Strike witches eventually. But its only DVD. I want bluray!

You mean Season 1 of Strike Witches, or the long delayed Season 2? Both have have released on Blu-ray now.

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/K74byGQ10eJOByHv6F/browse/item/94904/4/0/0
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/K74byGQ10eJOByHv6F/browse/item/93979/4/0/0

Tenumi

Banned
Kiss x Sis TV: 05

My desktop computer is literally conspiring against letting me watch this. Hard crashed twice. The old compy can't do it anymore....

As for the episode, Boy meets girl who isn't his sister, boy runs away from sisters, girl pees on boy's back, boy wipes up urine, boy sniffs hand.

...Yup.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Walkure Romanze Episode 2:

Dear god did this episode go on for ages. This show lacks the charm of Yuusha ni Narenakatta and the cheese of Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! It does love its ornate armor though. Anyway, this show is trying to do the old visual novel chestnut of having multiple girls thirsting for the slap magnet they call a main character. Doesn't really work when 95 percent of time is spent with Mio and indeed having the rivals screen time clock in at about 5 minutes tops. Also, enough with sexual innuendo jokes about the Lance and the Armor and shit, it stopped being funny after about 10 seconds. Overall verdict, if this show doesn't pick up next episode it gets dropped.

cajunator

Banned
Casshern Sins 8

I think the Cassherning begins. The gravity of the situation our main character is thrown in has finally started kicking in to me.

Edit: Does anyone know what the deal is with Yamato 2199? Is the final episode supposed to be a movie coming out next year or did I read something stupid?

Madoka Magika: Eien no Monogatari (Movie 2)

And just after finishing this movie I'm now caught up with Madoka Magika awaiting the third movie to come out.

Covering the last four episodes within 2 hours it wasn't as condensed compared to the previous movie and had some extra/prolonged stuff thrown in. Having
Sayaka's transformation to the witch scene be at the beginning of the movie was a gut-wrench having to see it twice. This was only amplified in having to see Kyouka and Sayaka then die.

I did enjoy the intermissions where they played the series OP halfway through the movie with Homura's character arc revealed. Ending was the same as the series though it was a bit censored in the movie (dresses made out very bright/white light?), however it wasn't a big deal.

Anyways I enjoyed watching this film and the previous having all the feels repeated and shown with higher animation quality and a bit of new stuff thrown in. Can't wait for the third movie which will be its own new story.

cajunator

Banned
Madoka Magika: Eien no Monogatari (Movie 2)

And just after finishing this movie I'm now caught up with Madoka Magika awaiting the third movie to come out.

Covering the last four episodes within 2 hours it wasn't as condensed compared to the previous movie and had some extra/prolonged stuff thrown in. Having
Sayaka's transformation to the witch scene be at the beginning of the movie was a gut-wrench having to see it twice. This was only amplified in having to see Kyouka and Sayaka then die.

I did enjoy the intermissions where they played the series OP halfway through the movie with Homura's character arc revealed. Ending was the same as the series though it was a bit censored in the movie (dresses made out very bright/white light?), however it wasn't a big deal.

Anyways I enjoyed watching this film and the previous having all the feels repeated and shown with higher animation quality and a bit of new stuff thrown in. Can't wait for the third movie which will be its own new story.

Are these movies worth purchasing at all if I have the series blurays?

Walkure Romanze 2

Still say this show would be alot better off if it concentrated on Celia senpai.

Wouldn't even mind Noel either, since I'm growing to like her.

But no, instead the majority of screen time focusing on Mio (we get it she's the final girl) instead of the more interesting characters, is just ruining any enjoyment this show may have had.

And while I'll admit that I was okay with her involvement in the Lance and Armor scenes, everything goes back to being sub par when she falls back into being the idiot, ditz character.

Are these movies worth purchasing at all if I have the series blurays?

I'd say yes if only for the reorchestrated themes that played during the movie. Quality in detail and animation is superior of course and the music piece during
Sayaka's witch transformation scene
is completely different than the one in the series, not to mention the scene is more prominent. Plus if you plan on watching the third movie you might as wall get the first two no?

cajunator

Banned
I'd say yes if only for the reorchestrated themes that played during the movie. Quality in detail and animation is superior of course and the music piece during
Sayaka's witch transformation scene
is completely different than the one in the series, not to mention the scene is more prominent. Plus if you plan on watching the third movie you might as wall get the first two no?

True. Im sure Ill end up with them eventually.

I am sure you could find a lot of cute anime that you would have otherwise missed if you know what to look for.

Im sure I could

I KNEW SOMETHING WAS CALLING ME! I need names Defuser-bro!!!

Seriously. Why post something like this without identifying it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom