• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta Episode 2:

I was not expecting that level of Yuri, so this show gets a stay of execution. Indeed, this is where that one picture posting the other day came from. Outside of that, this was a typical day in the life of our characters, which thankfully kept the High School segments to a minimum. Though the office stuff was pretty mundane, but I suppose that is the point. Still, hopefully next episode shit can actually happen.

CorvoSol

For some reason I believe that the people who hated Metal Gear Rising's soundtrack would also hate Attack on Titan's soundtrack.

I really liked MGR's sound track. Not as much as previous games in that series, though.

tonystarejeml.gif

Okay, someone explain what I said wrong, 'cuz I apparently said something.

what does gundam build fighters do better than AGE?

Not actively supporting Fascism, Genocide, and Pedophilia is a pretty big plus, I would think.

duckroll

Yeah, I was afraid of the same thing. But luckily enough they keep the story going and then some
with Reiji Trans-Aming the fuck out of existence.

He's gotta be a ghost of Sei's dad or something. There has to be some insane super dramatic reveal about Reiji.

He's an alien of some sort. In the first episode he talks about how different Earth is from Arian, the world he comes from. He also mentions not wanting to bring dishonor to his family, so he's probably some sort of royalty or something.

CorvoSol

It's not cool to like Hiroyuki Sawano's music, ergo the disapproving looks. Many feel it is inappropriate for the scenes it is used in.

Oh. Well. I mean, I hated the 2nd OP but I still thought the rest was good. Of all the problems I had with the show, which were myriad, music selection is not one I recall having.

fertygo

Oh. Well. I mean, I hated the 2nd OP but I still thought the rest was good. Of all the problems I had with the show, which were myriad, music selection is not one I recall having.

The OP/ED usually have nothing to do with the OST composer, the one that getting controversial because he getting popular and handling many most wanted project.

It's not cool to like Hiroyuki Sawano's music, ergo the disapproving looks. Many feel it is inappropriate for the scenes it is used in.

I haven't heard much of Sawano's work. But from what I've heard from Unicorn and KlaK he can do some good stuff. A lot of the stuff in Unicorn feels pretty uninspired but the Unicorn theme itself never fails to lift every hair on my body.

AoT's OST perfectly reflected the angst going on in the show. It was like a Linkin Park AMV but not shitty. I mean... you get what I mean.

Oh. Well. I mean, I hated the 2nd OP but I still thought the rest was good.

Blah, 2nd OP was the best thing about the whole show. Hypest shit ever.

Now the 2nd ED? That was some bad shit.

Aizo

Banned
duckroll, are you abandoning Gundam GAF, or are you recruiting them for our cause? I was surprised to not see your impression alongside Jubern and I right after the episode ended.

Fun show. I haven't watched much of the other series this season, but it's likely my current favorite. I want to give Gingitsune and Yowamushi Pedal a try, but perhaps not until they end.

CorvoSol

I haven't heard much of Sawano's work. But from what I've heard from Unicorn and KlaK he can do some good stuff. A lot of the stuff in Unicorn feels pretty uninspired but the Unicorn theme itself never fails to lift every hair on my body.

AoT's OST perfectly reflected the angst going on in the show. It was like a Linkin Park AMV but not shitty. I mean... you get what I mean.

Blah, 2nd OP was the best thing about the whole show. Hypest shit ever.

Now the 2nd ED? That was some bad shit.

Dude wrote the Unicorn theme? Now I really don't get the hate. Unicorn theme is dope.

Aizo

Banned
I'm glad that people love the AoT theme so much. Revo deserves the fame.

Sound Horizon fan here.

duckroll

duckroll, are you abandoning Gundam GAF, or are you recruiting them for our cause? I was surprised to not see your impression alongside Jubern and I right after the episode ended.

Fun show. I haven't watched much of the other series this season, but it's likely my current favorite. I want to give Gingitsune and Yowamushi Pedal a try, but perhaps not until they end.

Hmmm? I was out earlier, so I didn't watch the entire episode until I got home. It's not my fault posts are all split between 3 threads! There's a Gundam Build Fighters OT though, that's where all impressions should go! :D

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Gundam Build Fighters Episode 2:

A show this close to the cut of the likes of Pokemon, Beyblade and Yu-Gi-Oh! should not be this good and yet here we are. Not even sure why this program is so compelling, well, beyond the fact that the mech battles are gorgeous and well animated, and not using CGI. I guess comes down to good execution but this vexes me, vexes me more then it should. More thought is needed on the matter. Anyway, this episode mainly focused on showing off some of the other tournament fighters and establishing rivals and it is all very stock yet I was never bored. Gundam Build Fighters, you are an X Factor that gets my attention for the season.

duckroll

Yozakura - Episode 2

I'm really pleasantly surprised at how much better this series is than I expected. There was some pretty good direction in this episode, especially with how it plays with chronology. The event sequencing was pretty effectively, and created a bit of a visual mystery for the viewer to solve without having it convolute the actual narrative. I felt it was a pretty smart way to make an otherwise mundane day much more interesting to watch. It also provided interesting insights on the various characters and how they play off each other both consciously and unconsciously.

Shergal

So, they presented the shorts scheduled to air next year for Animemirai. We knew the staff but now we have synopses and key visuals. If someone can translate the relevant info on that page it'd be much appreciated. Here are the key visuals for the shorts:
Harmonie
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Character designer: Atsushi Ikariya
Animation director: Atsushi Ikariya
Assistant animation director: Daisuke Mataga
Animation Production: Ultra Super Pictures

The Big First-Year Student and the Small Second-Year Student
Director: Ayumu Watanabe
Character designer: Shizue Kaneko
Animation director: Keiichirou Matsui
Assistant animation director: Koji Watanabe
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

Paroru and the Future Island
Director: Kazuaki Imai
Character designer: Yoshimichi Kameda
Animation director: Yoshimichi Kameda
Assistant animation director: Tetsuro Kaku
Animation Production: Shin-ei Animation

Chronus (unsure if that's the actual, official title)
Director: Naoyuki Onda
Character designer: Yasuyuki Shimizu
Animation director: Yasuyuki Shimizu
Assistant animation director: Mikine Kuwabara
Animation Production: Studio 4ºC

Jarmel

Banned

It's usually done in a more controlled manner or it doesn't take up near as much time as Shin Mazinger did. This was a complete waste of the first episode.

Well both professor Go and Ginrei had personal reasons not to, especially with their trust for Von Fogler and deep down they wanted to know the truth of what had transpired. That later was replaced by doubt when Emanuel told them of Fogler's final moments. There is also the fact that with the giant sphere on the move they needed the third sample to study how these samples worked in hopes of counteracting them.

Yes I got that but somebody else would have ordered them to crack the thing long ago. It felt like the sample was being kept around because the plot demanded it so.

Dresden

Paroru and the Future Island
Director: Kazuaki Imai
Character designer: Yoshimichi Kameda
Animation director: Yoshimichi Kameda
Assistant animation director: Tetsuro Kaku
Animation Production: Shin-ei Animation

more furrific than expected, looking forward to them nonetheless

Jex

Ugh, ugh, ugh. This makes me want to start GGG instead.

Don't be put off by that. Shin Mazinger Z is a complete and well made series. As I've expressed elsewhere, while I think GGG is a good show some people recommend skipping the first 25 episodes, which should give you some how idea of how much filler you have to wade through.

Articalys

Aside from Yoshiura's, not that interested in the Anime Mirai slate for 2014 right now. Will wait for the first trailers to judge further.

edit: still feel the same after reading the summaries below.

duckroll

Requested:

Harmonie is about a boy who loves anime meeting a girl with a unique perspective on the world. Like many of Yoshiura's projects, it's set in a school, but this time he wants the focus of the narrative to be the classroom itself.

The Big First-Year Student and the Small Second-Year Student is an adaptation of a picture book from 1970. It's a story about a physically developed first year student who is mentally weak, and a mentally strong second year student who is physically underdeveloped.

Paroru and the Future Island is about 3 children who live on an island filled with mysterious animals. They know nothing about the human world, but one day they decide to break the rules and fly away to the human world for a big adventure. The challenges they face on the adventure will require them to combine their abilities to overcome the trials.

Kuro no Su -Chronus- is a mysterious story about a high school student who can see the "black matter" which abducts souls, which no one else can see. He (she?) doesn't have any interest in such things though, but that's because he (she?) doesn't realize that danger is looming in on his (her?) childhood friend. The title is a pun where the Japanese title "Kuro no Su" is referring to where the black matter originates from, but it also reads as "Chronos" which is Greek for "time".

Jex

Monogatari 15
This Medusa arc has been completely and wholly refreshing. After Bakemonogatari the important turn for the series was that Senjougahara and Koyomi became a couple, but the series often continued to focus on the obsessed losers stewing over the outcome. With the later sections of this season of Monogatari coming largely free of the virus that is The Fire Sisters and the passive egocentric pouting of Hanekawa interesting things are actually able to happen. For once characters can actually be torn down instead of built up.

See? I'm not crazy!
Episode 2 is the ACTUAL start of the show. Ep 1 is clips from the second half for some asinine reason.

Hey, Imagawa is just delivering the goods up front to hell you get HYPE early. I know that decision but some people off but I think it's a stroke of (twisted) genius.

Shergal

I think the lineup is really strong this year. The four shorts look interesting and have potential in some way or another, and the staff is really solid on all of them. I'm most interested in Paroru, but all of them seem much more dignified than this year's Ryo and Arve Rezzle :(.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! 1 & 2

Why didn't you jimjams tell me about this show earlier!? This is so idol culture it isn't true!

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger Z 2-
Alright episode although it was funny that yesterday you guys were talking about digital composition and that's the first thing I noticed. I'm not impressed with the animation so far although I did like a couple of the shots due to the camerawork.

Anyway I do like the lead though as it seems he has a bit of a vicious streak to him.

So, they presented the shorts scheduled to air next year for Animemirai. We knew the staff but now we have synopses and key visuals. If someone can translate the relevant info on that page it'd be much appreciated. Here are the key visuals for the shorts:

All four shorts look promising, but Shin-Ei's Paroru is the most appealing. The visual style is so colorful and vibrant. Kameda and Studio Pablo are a winning combination!

I think the lineup is really strong this year. The four shorts look interesting and have potential in some way or another, and the staff is really solid on all of them. I'm most interested in Paroru, but all of them seem much more dignified than this year's Ryo and Arve Rezzle :(.

Well, Ryo is Gonzo and Arve Rezzle isn't even a true Anime Mirai project, so yeah.

Keep throwing shows onto the checkout list of Isle KirbYayoi.

Doooomed.\

Waiiit. Is Yozakura Quartet a continuing series or something? Do I need past knowledge?

Gazoinks

For some reason I woke up with the Log Horizon OP stuck in my head. I'm not the only one who finds that ending bit annoyingly catchy, right?

Database, database, just living in the database, wow wow.

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger Z -3
This is so insane. This whole thing feels like "What?". I do like the OST though.

I'm going to want to kill the narrator before this over though. This is giving me flashbacks of Jojo and it's already pissing me off.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
For some reason I woke up with the Log Horizon OP stuck in my head. I'm not the only one who finds that ending bit annoyingly catchy, right?

Database, database, just living in the database, wow wow.

Oh good, I am not the only one who has thought this.

I know none of you might care, but in my Pokemon X/Y trainer PR video one of the dialogue options is "Who do you think I am?"

So of course I had to make my trainer do an cocky/angry face with a raised fist saying this. If only the game had Kamina glasses I'd be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom