• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caesnd

When I say years, I mean more like decades. We'll see if it holds up.

Given that Reiji's not actually from Earth, there's a chance the story might take some twists, but I have a feeling it won't stray too far away from the main premise presented so far. naturally, this allows the show to focus a lot on just battles, and skip a lot of the baggage that other series in the franchise have been riddled with.

I really like how expressive some of the characters are as well, something that I felt Gundam has been pretty bad with up until now.

Narag

Gundam Build Fighters 2

I came for the 2D mecha fights. I had no idea the show stood to actually be so good though.

Seeing the SUMO in action was so hype. The cut where Reiji slices the air before fighting Yuuki was damn sweet too. let's not forget dat OP either.

Jarmel

Banned
iMDq3heThSxmb.gif

izoCsigPwvxkh.gif

45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif

Yozakura Quartet 2

THERE'S THE YURI! And a lot of interaction is happening in this episode, which doesn't remind me of how poor KnK is with it. Hell we even have good animation for the action, so yeah. Sorry Kyoani, you lost here.

Mature

Is there a reason why Gundam Build Fighters got really nice 2D mecha animation? I haven't followed anything Gundam for awhile (or, you know, ever).

duckroll

Is there a reason why Gundam Build Fighters got really nice 2D mecha animation? I haven't followed anything Gundam for awhile (or, you know, ever).

If you're a mecha animator who has been subjected to working on Gundam 00, Gundam 00 Second Season, Gundam 00 Awakening of Trailblazer, Gundam AGE, and Gundam AGE Memory of Eden for the past 7 years, and suddenly you're told your next job is doing a Gundam crossover show which has no rules, no overbearing plot, with a focus on one on one mech battles to sell more toys, you would probably work your heart out too.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova
So far I'm loving this series. Out of the few I'm watching this one has after both weeks in a row left me waiting for the next episode. Really glad I picked this one up.

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 05
Oyajiide! So much swag. Dem hips. Ahahaahahahaha.
So he was not forgotten after all! And that arc's a wrap finally.
Sensei's conflicting image was just lovely. Also Hana is too OP.
NERF plz.

Kaiji S2 - (END)

I finally got through this anime, it took me 2 weeks. I finished season 1 earlier but since I went to season 2 so fast, I never gave my thoughts on it. All in all this was a really good anime. I loved the weird character designs, the way the story is unpredictable as heck, and how Kaiji reacted to everything.

I was pretty surprised when Kaiji started
crying and pleading to Ichijou for one more chance
. I've never ever seen a protagonist do that... EVER. That's when I got a huge smirk on my face because of that. Kaiji wasn't acting like your stereotypical "I'm not afraid of anything and I know I can win everything" protagonist. Kaiji was definitely a plus on this show. The character designs were a little weird at first but I grew to like them. They're not half bad after getting used to it. They're pretty simple and with all the effects that happen all over the place, it really makes it shine. The unpredictability of the story was amazing! Sometimes when I thought "well he's gonna win you know he's going to," and he didn't. I think
the finger slicing
was the moment when I just stopped trying to predict what's gonna happen next. So many things happen that turns things around that I just stopped predicting.

Some of the cons I have about this show is everyone crying all the time and the terrible pacing. I know your risking your life and it's do or die, so you can cry when that stuff happens. Crying when saying simple words is just overkill for the amount of crying in this. I remember Kaiji was really determined and saying he was going to win... and then started crying... WTH. That's not a time to cry, that's a time to put your mean and determined face on.

The pacing was a travesty. I think each arc was half the anime. On the 1st season I think it was about 4-5 episodes of that
bridge walking
part, and this season it was about 12 episodes for the
pachinko machine
. A ton of episodes that just seemed to not make any advancement in the story. Some episodes were literally about 2-3 moves in a card game, or someone trying to think about what Kaiji did or his thoughts. Really bad pacing all over the place.

Speaking of the ending I'd have to say that I
feel sorry for Ichijou, but I'm glad the show ended on a good note. I only felt bad for Ichijou because of all the crap he had to go through with the old man. He had to drink wine that the old guy put his feet in, wipe toilets, and be used as a seat for the old guy. Now that's messed up. Ichijou suffered a lot, but ultimately he ruined a ton of people's lives with that machine so he deserved it.

Last thing I have to say is that it was a huge relief to finally see an actual evil antagonist for once. I haven't seen this evil of an antagonist in an extremely long time. I got so tired of those self implied antagonist that supposedly killed hundreds, or hurt someone. This guy loves watching death and people suffering, and you get to see him drool when it happens. Now that's evil. The dude even punished someone just for sighing, that's just awesome.

So this was a really good watch. I would recommend it if your into a suspenseful and dramatic story. Lots of times when I was on the edge of my seat after someone did a specific move, or Kaiji had a surprising reaction. This definitely was worth the watch :D

Non Non Biyori 2

I don't think I've ever seen a SOL show of this nature go really heavy on the comedy after only one episode, and damn it was funny. Kana Asumi's annoyed voice is both heart attack inducing and hilarious.

I also really want the ED single, it's super relaxing and Kana's singing is wonderful.

Jex

Gundam Build Fighters 2
Gunpla battles have turned out to be more "realistic" than I expected. The first episode made gunpla seem more like toys, but this ep takes it to another level, showing they are much more than simple toys. Can't wait for next week's episode.

You already said like an advert for Gunpla!

Jarmel

Banned
Log Horizon 2-

I'm really enjoying this mostly because it feels like a legit game. It's grounded in the mechanics of that game and so it gives it a certain flavor that was completely lacking in SAO.

I'm also glad that it raised an interesting philosophical question of what do you do want you can't die and everything around you is boring? You have to come up with some sort of purpose to do with your time.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon 2-

I'm really enjoying this mostly because it feels like a legit game. It's grounded in the mechanics of that game and so it gives it a certain flavor that was completely lacking in SAO.

I'm also glad that it raised an interesting philosophical question of what do you do want you can't die and everything around you is boring? You have to come up with some sort of purpose to do with your time.

I really liked the PvP battle in this episode for that reason. It felt like someone animated a dramatization of what could've been a real MMO battle.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 2

Waaaaait... The bit at the end of this episode gives me the impression that they're turning this into a harem anime where all the battleships want the main character as their captain. XD

Still, it's a fun show. I like it.

Log Horizon 2

This show feels a bit like a poor-man's SAO, but it's still coming off as a pretty solid series so far. Not quite on the level of Gingitsune or Galilei Donna, but it's watchable.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I started watching Naruto SD over the weekend, and oh my god, this show is hilarious.
The writing is amazing.
Ten ten is great as the straight man.
Neji's comedic timing and delivery is flawless, and I LOVE how they made him both comically serious and the straight man who's not really above the fray at the same time.

Just finished Episode 11 (Hinata focus).

Hinata is absolutely adorable (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RWFFqSvI6k - the sound she makes after they say "That was it?!". Omg)

Also, I love the random Yamato appearances in the background.

BYAKU-SHARINGAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom