• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep throwing shows onto the checkout list of Isle KirbYayoi.

Doooomed.\

Waiiit. Is Yozakura Quartet a continuing series or something? Do I need past knowledge?

It's sort of a reboot, but not entirely. It starts from the beginning, but reintroduces characters in a different way from the first series and manga, which is good because it's better paced and will apparently get to the good part much faster. No past knowledge required.

Narag

Shin Mazinger Z -3

This is so insane. This whole thing feels like "What?". I do like the OST though.

I'm going to want to kill the narrator before this over though. This is giving me flashbacks of Jojo and it's already pissing me off.

Narrator is awesome, yo. His role lightens up until 19 though where he gives the best anime narrators a run for their money.

Theonik

Yes I got that but somebody else would have ordered them to crack the thing long ago. It felt like the sample was being kept around because the plot demanded it so.
I don't know it kinda makes sense if you consider the Experts to be a more lax thing which by appearances it is. Everyone literally does whatever they like, and they seem to know each other/not get in the way of each other much.

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! 1 & 2

Why didn't you jimjams tell me about this show earlier!? This is so idol culture it isn't true!
We did. You just didn't listen!

It's sort of a reboot, but not entirely. It starts from the beginning, but reintroduces characters in a different way from the first series and manga, which is good because it's better paced and will apparently get to the good part much faster. No past knowledge required.

Did the first series have as much focus on panty shots/fanservice, because I wasn't expecting so much of it when I started watching this.

Soma

I will say the Hoshi no Umi OVA episodes are worth checking out too and I will forever keep pushing those episodes onto people because the fight in episode two owned so hard.

Nah not really. The first episode does a pretty good job at introducing the cast and giving you the necessary information to not feel lost.

Don't bother, this is continuity reboot.

Going balls deep then!

cnet128

Banned
Stop hyping up Yozakura Quartet guys. I decided not to check out that series because reboot or otherwise, it felt awkward getting into a show that had history without knowing any of the previous material, but with people saying "no previous knowledge required" and making out that the changes are for the better and showing off fabulous yuri images, I'm incredibly tempted to jump in. Which is a very bad idea because I NEED TO BE WATCHING LESS SHOWS NOT MORE.

Oh dear god, they're making dakimakura bundles for those "sleeping with your little sister" CDs.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...-to-your-sister-with-official-hugging-pillows (note: a couple of the pictures on the article page may be slightly NSFW)

Why do I want these. (I mean, obviously I'm not going to actually buy them, but still.)

Ah well, the important thing about this is that we now have a new lewder illustration for each girl! Saika is still the best girl in the least interesting outfit (and her non-tanned skin is almost disturbingly pale, but I guess contrast is important or something...) Akiho is still worst girl, but at least gets some points for being the only one to drop the pantsu. Mifuyu and Haruna are both still hnnng and yes and want.

EDIT: Also I note ANN have partially fixed their mistranslation of Saika's story, but the last sentence is still completely wrong.

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger Z - 4
ixMuuQOV38oGu.jpg
When grandpa is jacking your ride, you know you fucked up.

Yozakura Quartet Hana no Uta 02

Another enjoyable episode. Really liked the split storytelling they did, showing what happens during the day with the two different group of characters.

Jex

Shin Mazinger Z 2-

Alright episode although it was funny that yesterday you guys were talking about digital composition and that's the first thing I noticed. I'm not impressed with the animation so far although I did like a couple of the shots due to the camerawork.

Anyway I do like the lead though as it seems he has a bit of a vicious streak to him.

Just so you don't have false expectations, that's just kind of the way the show is. No-one is willing to give Imagawa enough money or animators anymore, despite the fact (fact!) that he is a master at making giant robot shows.

Theonik

What disappoints me more is that 'THE iDOLWR@STLER' didn't catch on as the name for it tbh.

Only thing I didn't listen to was your silly warning to use headphone. Play it loud son!
That was only if the environment required it. That being said I only use headphones myself!

Log Horizon 2

A better episode than the first. The choice to make Shiroe a support class and strategist begins to separate the show somewhat. He's also the character that raises the most interesting questions and has the best lines. The other characters unfortunately remain pretty bland and difficult to care about. I appreciate that the show addresses the lack of a greater goal and integrates it into the story, but self awareness only affords so much leeway and time will tell if the show manages to hold interest plot-wise. The action was enjoyable, genuinely reminiscent of MMOs and featured tactics and a variety of spells. It's immediately more engaging than any of the poorly directed action scenes that I fell asleep to in SAO.

Despite the positive aspects of the show and it's potential, it's still basically hanging on by a thread for me. I'll give it one more episode.

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger Z - 5
Alright this was a good episode. Kouji going into 'Bahsahkah' mode was pretty entertaining as he was about to snap someone literally in half. I also really liked the above shot as it did a good job visually of representing Kouji's emotions.

Did the first series have as much focus on panty shots/fanservice, because I wasn't expecting so much of it when I started watching this.

I actually didn't watch the first anime, and I don't really retain much in the manga that doesn't involve action or Juri and Lila. If there is a ton of fabservice, it gets way overshadowed by the action and some boring yokai politics.

Articalys

Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- ep.2

Liked it. Not sure what was up with
the loli/witch trying to drive Kotoha into despair or whatever? I suppose they'll touch on that subject later.

Funniest bit of the connecting plot threads was discovering why Kyousuke suddenly dashed out of the office in the A-part.

I will say the Hoshi no Umi OVA episodes are worth checking out too and I will forever keep pushing those episodes onto people because the fight in episode two owned so hard.

I don't really want to recommend them until this new series either finishes or gets to where the OVAs pick up. It's completely incoherent without any knowledge of the source/arc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh, I started listening to your podcast recently. It's pretty alright.
Haha, thanks!

I am interested though, firehawk12, why do you think that ep. 2 was an improvement over the first one? Just because Russia was introduced?
The show is still crap, it's just that Russia is so awesome a character that she makes it bearable. Without a troll character, the show would be sooooo bad.

Theonik

The show is still crap, it's just that Russia is so awesome a character that she makes it bearable. Without a troll character, the show would be sooooo bad.
So what do we do next week when she joins the harem after being impressed by Ichika's $ihavenoidea ?

Yozakura Quartet 1

I must've missed the yuri. Also a lot of flat colors which led me to suspect some higher quality animation, although there was some jank walking at the beginning.

We get our cast up and up with jackasses floating about, a little boy who isn't afraid of copping a feel, and FUCKING GOLDFISH! (new fetish am confirmed)

Theonik

Ojamajo Doremi ♯ 04
Wow, Doremi is dumb but some of the stuff in this episode were pretty uncalled for, expecting a 9 year old to raise a child is bad enough as it is..
Also Doremi's mom saves the day once more.

cajunator

Banned
SDBurton's going to have a field day with the new Yozakura Quartet.

I would say so.

I have so many shows to wrap up its not even funny. Curse my luck!!

so much yuri so little time!

So, they presented the shorts scheduled to air next year for Animemirai. We knew the staff but now we have synopses and key visuals. If someone can translate the relevant info on that page it'd be much appreciated. Here are the key visuals for the shorts:

Harmonie
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Character designer: Atsushi Ikariya
Animation director: Atsushi Ikariya
Assistant animation director: Daisuke Mataga
Animation Production: Ultra Super Pictures

The Big First-Year Student and the Small Second-Year Student
Director: Ayumu Watanabe
Character designer: Shizue Kaneko
Animation director: Keiichirou Matsui
Assistant animation director: Koji Watanabe
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

Paroru and the Future Island
Director: Kazuaki Imai
Character designer: Yoshimichi Kameda
Animation director: Yoshimichi Kameda
Assistant animation director: Tetsuro Kaku
Animation Production: Shin-ei Animation

Chronus (unsure if that's the actual, official title)
Director: Naoyuki Onda
Character designer: Yasuyuki Shimizu
Animation director: Yasuyuki Shimizu
Assistant animation director: Mikine Kuwabara
Animation Production: Studio 4ºC

Will check out #1,2, and 4. In particular anything by Studio 4c!

The real reason to watch Yozakura is..... the 2D car!

Some kind of Fiat? Well whatever it is, theres a blue haired catgirl in the picture so I approve!

You bet , several artists i follow on their blogs or on twitter are already ready for next comiket with ideas.

it's going to happen.

All of you keep talking about Gundam. We all know the Gundam in those shows are all rip-offs of this beauty right here.
This is gintama , right ??
Hey, I was wondering if any of you here knew where this gif is from:

CdQ0nzX.gif

As well as this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBQywGmMjQ

Gif is from school rumble Season 2 ... it's from episode 2 or 3 ..the impressive battle royale/tur of war parody.

Vecks

Gundam Build Fighters 2
Gunpla battles have turned out to be more "realistic" than I expected. The first episode made gunpla seem more like toys, but this ep takes it to another level, showing they are much more than simple toys. Can't wait for next week's episode.

cnet128

Banned

But you guys, the only OVA with "Hoshi no Umi" in the title that's worthy of such praise is Hoshi no Umi no Amuri!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom