• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you can read season 3 and 4, because who the hell knows when they'll adapt them!

They'll probably adapt them into live action movies. I heard the live actions do a lot better then the anime sadly.

I'm going to miss all the manly tear... well some manly tears :(
iLZbaEjYI7PTF.jpg
i9NEhVMcJcWhk.jpg

Jarmel

Banned
Shin Mazinger 6-

Well this was another solid episode. I like the fact that there are actual consequences for a robot rampaging in the city. The MC is thrown in an actual jail and there seems to be a real police investigation into the events. The episode did feel like a recap to a degree but it also introduced the seemingly best character, this woman:

The episode also contained some really great shots as well.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
They put in a new OP/ED and episode title animation(not music), but otherwise it's just like Motto as far as the standard cues are concerned. The real difference is that the episodes are all stellar.

Don't worry, Dokkan's magical stage will make it up to you.

Andrew J.

Is there a reason why Gundam Build Fighters got really nice 2D mecha animation? I haven't followed anything Gundam for awhile (or, you know, ever).

Sunrise is pretty rich and Gundam is a prestige property, so it doesn't mind shelling out for 2D mechanical animation on it.

Articalys

Arpeggio of Blue Steel ep.2

Still okay. Hopefully the next episode won't center practically entirely on one scene like this one did.

Non Non Biyori ep.2

Well, my patience wore out quickly on this one. Dropped and get out.

They put in a new OP/ED and episode title animation(not music), but otherwise it's just like Motto as far as the standard cues are concerned. The real difference is that the episodes are all stellar.

Don't worry, Dokkan's magical stage will make it up to you.

I'll hold it against you then.

Jarmel

Banned
You are operating under the assumption that everyone has started the arc.

Oh for Christ's sake, I'm not going to use spoiler bars on stuff that happened weeks ago and is more the premise for the actual arc than anything else. It's not so much a twist but rather setup.

Mature

If you're a mecha animator who has been subjected to working on Gundam 00, Gundam 00 Second Season, Gundam 00 Awakening of Trailblazer, Gundam AGE, and Gundam AGE Memory of Eden for the past 7 years, and suddenly you're told your next job is doing a Gundam crossover show which has no rules, no overbearing plot, with a focus on one on one mech battles to sell more toys, you would probably work your heart out too.
Sounds pretty awesome. Is it worth it to watch it even if you don't have a tie to any Gundam nostalgia? I'd probably watch for the nice action, but if that's few and far between, and there's no other hook, I'd probably skip it.

Sounds pretty awesome. Is it worth it to watch it even if you don't have a tie to any Gundam nostalgia? I'd probably watch for the nice action, but if that's few and far between, and there's no other hook, I'd probably skip it.

I barely have any, and I'm enjoying it.

Jarmel

Banned

It's pretty solid on its own merits. The comedy is pretty decent and the characters all seem solid but flawed(in a good way).

CorvoSol

Given that
Reiji's not actually from Earth
, there's a chance the story might take some twists, but I have a feeling it won't stray too far away from the main premise presented so far. naturally, this allows the show to focus a lot on just battles, and skip a lot of the baggage that other series in the franchise have been riddled with.

I really like how expressive some of the characters are as well, something that I felt Gundam has been pretty bad with up until now.

You really should have spoilered that, man. Some of us still haven't seen the episode.

Jarmel

Banned
I really like the concept for GBF now. Not only does it reduce the possibility for boring and idiotic morality debates, it also grants more flexibility in the battles. Not only can there be a lot of diversity in the battle settings but also the characters can lose without the penalty of death or some contrivance saving the characters at the last minute.

cnet128

Banned
whats the statute of limitations for anime?

About two seconds, if you're lucky. (I realise it's ironic that I'm posting this and then placing a wall of spoilers around pure speculation in the same post.)

Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai 2

Oh hey look, it's another show that I was thinking about dropping but now I'm starting to feel invested in and so can't bring myself to do so. I hate me.

So thoughts on the CANNIBAL CANDY DOLL MURDER MYSTERY:
I have a vague hunch that Felix might be the "killer", mainly because it seems awfully convenient that he's interested in Charlotte and she's also interested in him. Mutual affection is rarely that easy to come by in anime, particularly with a main heroine who the author is going to want to keep available for harem-building/fanservice purposes, therefore it seems like a natural step to have the object of her affections conveniently turn out to be eeeeeevil.

Alternatively he could turn out to be the doll of the actual killer, for the BOOM double twist value. But I dunno. I could be way off base here, but I can't really think of any other suspicious characters offhand.

CorvoSol

I mean the spoilers statute.
how long a show can run before its ok to reveal spoilers.

I feel like the severity of a spoiler figures in. Like it's been years since Live-A-Live came out, but due to the severity of the spoiler, it's still in good taste to mark that
Oersted becomes the demon king Odio.

I don't wanna be like GameFAQs where they'll ban you for spoiling Jesus' resurrection in the Bible.

Well GameFAQs has spoiler tags now....

And yet people fucking do this

SPOILER

INSERT SPOILER

END sPOILER

Shit as if it doesn't exist. They've been in backwater forums for too long. Still can't say fuck or shit either. The latter actually fucks up words to this day.

Jarmel

Banned
I feel like the severity of a spoiler figures in. Like it's been years since Live-A-Live came out, but due to the severity of the spoiler, it's still in good taste to mark that
Oersted becomes the demon king Odio.

I don't wanna be like GameFAQs where they'll ban you for spoiling Jesus' resurrection in the Bible.

Pretty much that too. Certain works are more 'twist' heavy so even if they're older, the twist themselves should be spoilered. It depends on whether the show itself views and treats it as a twist.

Syrinx

Yeah I'm pretty liberal with my spoiler tags, especially if they're highly regarded shows with major events or "list" shows where knowing things can put a damper on things. But I'm not like I used to be where I was spoiler tagging my Yuru Yuri impressions.

Andrew J.

I know there are at least a couple really big Miyuki Sawashiro fans here, and to them I say you need to check out the episode of Tomodachi wa Mahou that just aired tonight, because she really nailed crazy Twilight Sparkle.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Spoiler culture needs to be reined in. Last thing I want to see in this thread is people freaking out over trivial shit.

Seems to vary. I still spoiler stuff from older shows when I post here cause I'd hate to ruin stuff for people.

Heck, look at School Days and Madoka posts for example.

School Days is better when you know it ends badly, even if you don't know the specifics.

fertygo

Hajime no Ippo Rising - 01

Good, I like the swift pace.

But the stuff that I want to discuss the most is the OP, what a cool OP.. Its not really have flashy animation, but the presentation so full with swagger, kinda hard for me to explain but the use of filter, effect and quick cut are really make this OP so badass. Definitely my favorite for this season, sorry GBF.

I really like the concept for GBF now. Not only does it reduce the possibility for boring and idiotic morality debates, it also grants more flexibility in the battles. Not only can there be a lot of diversity in the battle settings but also the characters can lose without the penalty of death or some contrivance saving the characters at the last minute.
On the other hand, the trope usage might really similar to regular sport/toy anime.

How many episodes is this new Yozakura Quarter slated for? Because I'm thinking of reading the manga, but if the anime series runs for 20+ episodes and covers the manga I could hold off and watch the show instead.

CorvoSol

Pretty much that too. Certain works are more 'twist' heavy so even if they're older, the twist themselves should be spoilered. It depends on whether the show itself views and treats it as a twist.

On the other hand, GAF can go insane with spoilers, too. Like, do we really need to spoiler TRAINER FACES in the new Pokemon game? I haven't even played it yet and I can still tell you most of what is going to happen in the game, 'cuz it is Pokemon. I don't need to censor out the faces of trainers, and if someone doesn't want to see anything at all, they're better off avoiding the net for the interim.

Spoiler culture needs to be reined in.

School Days is better when you know it ends badly, even if you don't know the specifics.

Madoka, on the other hand, was kinda irritating to hear "EP 3 MAN EP 3" all the time.

Madoka, on the other hand, was kinda irritating to hear "EP 3 MAN EP 3" all the time.

Wink-Wink Nudge Nudges are fine, but they need to be very subtle in order to be effective. When it comes to Madoka,
everyone (including me) would go "oh hell yes, it's episode 3 reaction post time".

Even I feel I need to spoiler that post in case there's someone here who hasn't seen it yet.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I wish the people who insist that Madoka ep 3 CANNOT BE SEEN COMING and that the Oreimo ending was UTTERLY INEVITABLE FROM EPISODE 1 would post at the same time, so they could mutually annihilate or something.

Syrinx

I already know something majorly fucked happens in Code Geass episode #
. If I choose to watch it, I don't know how that'll impact my enjoyment, but I know it's there.

Madoka
episode 3 didn't come off as much of a shock to me as I'm sure it did for a lot of people when it aired. When I saw it, instead of going AHHHHHHH. I said "Ohhhh....So THIS is where it gets messed up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom