• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Gunpla Battlers 2

Yeah, I'm sort of raw that someone spoiled the end of this episode for me. That's sorta not cool. Anyway, GODDAMN THAT BATTLE MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. Damn, this show's fights are so good. It's so easy to ignore the stupid plot for the fights, and for the Ms. Iori.

Also LOL at
Ramba Ral just being in the high school with no explanation.

Diabolik Lovers Episode 5
tumblr_muojg5q8Lj1qct2m0o1_500.png

Seems theres always one character in otome adaptations that always gets the least bit of joy
that is to say pancake was more than willing for everyone else, even crazy Kanato, but ends up slapping Reiji away, his fans must be sad

I wish we had Ayato back again, he gave the best moments, though seeing Kanato do his swift demeanor change is always hilarious.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Spoiler culture needs to be reined in. Last thing I want to see in this thread is people freaking out over trivial shit.
alternatively, people could actually think of interesting things to say instead of simply posting that "x" happened.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 8

Man, with the five of them plus the lengths of their casting spells in this season, Magical Stage sure takes a good goddamn long time.

So yeah, the yuri undertones of this were quite present indeed. I can't quite tell if Aiko feels the same way about Nobuko as she does about her, though. What would really throw a wrench into things would be if Aiko had a crush on Miho. Then Aiko would love Miho, while Miho would love Nobuko, and Nobuko would love Aiko.

Yowapeda Episode 2 – To Recruit More Members
tumblr_muok0niShq1sy6r2eo8_500.png
tumblr_muoda1vY4Z1s3tuy9o2_500.png

Might have to give it to Yowamushi Pedal for best episode 2 of the three sports anime that Im watching. Extremely suspenseful the whole way through and a good ending. Imaizumi Shunsuke is probably best new characters in a sports anime this season and makes every moment of screentime simply amazing. Why is he so well designed.

In any event, bicycles are so suprisingly deep, definitely gaining a new appreciation for them and it seems the writers must really have a rather comprehensive experience dealing with them and making the heart of bicycling be felt even here at two episodes in.

wonzo

Banned
Spoiler culture is the worst and you only have to see how ridiculous it can get in Gaming when people get pissy over people talking about the Framerate of a game.
How many episodes is this new Yozakura Quarter slated for? Because I'm thinking of reading the manga, but if the anime series runs for 20+ episodes and covers the manga I could hold off and watch the show instead.
AFAIK this'll be 13 episodes and should end where the OVA starts (which was basically done by the same ppl). Theres also another OVA coming up that'll cover what happens in the manga immediately after that.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
alternatively, people could actually think of interesting things to say instead of simply posting that "x" happened.
This is a separate criticism, in my view. Sure, summaries are not reviews or commentaries, but reviews and commentaries lean upon actual events, moments, and scenes in a work. It's why Roger Ebert would sometimes go over most of a movie's story in his review of it.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 8

Man, with the five of them plus the lengths of their casting spells in this season, Magical Stage sure takes a good goddamn long time.
Like Kirby and I were saying, Motto magical stage is easily the worst one. It's not just five casts, but there's no flow between them so it feels even longer.

Dokkan fixes that.

So yeah, the yuri undertones of this were quite present indeed. I can't quite tell if Aiko feels the same way about Nobuko as she does about her, though. What would really throw a wrench into things would be if Aiko had a crush on Miho. Then Aiko would love Miho, while Miho would love Nobuko, and Nobuko would love Aiko.
Hmm... good question. I think it's clear that it's not all just in Nobu's head, but maybe Aiko isn't quite as into it as Nobu.

Then again, Aiko isn't interested in boys either.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Spoiler culture is the worst and you only have to see how ridiculous it can get in Gaming when people get pissy over people talking about the Framerate of a game.
Wow, I thought the incident involving spoilers in a spoiler thread and wild tantrums in the MLP thread took the cake.

cajunator

Banned
Seems to vary. I still spoiler stuff from older shows when I post here cause I'd hate to ruin stuff for people.

Heck, look at School Days and Madoka posts for example.

some shows are way too great to spoil for any reason and after any duration.

I feel like the severity of a spoiler figures in. Like it's been years since Live-A-Live came out, but due to the severity of the spoiler, it's still in good taste to mark that
Oersted becomes the demon king Odio.

I don't wanna be like GameFAQs where they'll ban you for spoiling Jesus' resurrection in the Bible.

Sometimes a show is so famous its almost impossible but I think lesser known shows should be unspoiled for as long as possible. The exception is vedeogames.. spoil those all you like. The stories suck anyway lol.

I know there are at least a couple really big Miyuki Sawashiro fans here, and to them I say you need to check out the episode of Tomodachi wa Mahou that just aired tonight, because she really nailed crazy Twilight Sparkle.

I.....might have to check

Nice! It's almost as cute as my Sylveon x)

Show meeeeee

Theonik

I know there are at least a couple really big Miyuki Sawashiro fans here, and to them I say you need to check out the episode of Tomodachi wa Mahou that just aired tonight, because she really nailed crazy Twilight Sparkle.
Shit don't make me want to pick up tomodachi wa mahou again!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shooting Your Beam Saber From the Hip Tier:
Gundam Build Fighters

Homo Homo Cat Girls Tier:
Yozakura Quartet
Samurai Flamenco

High School Girl With Swords Tier:
Kill La Kill
Kyoukai no Kanata

This Shit Should've Been a Dan Brown Novel Yier:
Galilei Donna

7Th

I'm watching Kill la Kill, Kyousogiga, Galileidonna, Yozakura Quartet and Aikatsu S2. Not really interesting in anything else other than the Bearguy episodes of Gunpla.

cnet128

Banned
Yozakura Quartet -Hana no Uta- 1

Yeah, you guys made me pick up another show. Hate you so much. Impressions in stream-of-consciousness form because why the hell not.

Ooh, is that the same group that did the Tiger and Bunny OP?! Pity it doesn't sound nearly as amaaaaazing as Orion wo Nazoru, but eh, I'll take what I can get.

I do not know what is going on with those big-ass towers and crazy lighting and shadows, but I will be damned if it doesn't look cool.

Oh hey, there's a blonde-haired little girl skipping down empty streets and innocently humming to herself. Quick, somebody call Shinobu from Kinmoza and Araragi from Monogatari. I'm surprised their respective spider senses haven't warped them here already.

The loli seems pretty emotionless though.

OH SHIT there's a Miyukichi. And she's speaking English that doesn't cause my ears to explode. I can only consider this a positive sign.

Unusually, however, I am getting best girl vibes not from Miyukichi but from the other girl next to her. Touka, apparently. Who's her voice? Not very distinctive, but surely my seiyuu skills can't fail me now...

And now there's another girl. We sure are getting a lot of girls in a short space of time here. This one just pulled a freaking scroll out of her sweater. Wat.

And now there's a guy! I do recognise his voice, but for some reason can't put a name to it immediately. Must not be one of my seiyuu mancrushes.

You know, this one girl's face is not a great match for her Miyukichi voice. Her attitude certainly is, though. And apparently she's a half-youkai, which is apparently something you can just casually reveal to strangers in this show. Can't help but feel a little reminded of Kyoukai no Kanata, except it works better here. It helps that her power is extremely awesome in a mundane-utility sort of way.

And apparently scroll-girl is human. I'm not buying it. Humans cannot fit that much food into one mouthful.

It's really annoying me now that I can't put a name to this guy's voice. I know it far too well not to be able to name it. Nnnnghhhhhh...

Ooh, a villain.

Ah, and here's a guy I can name. That's Yuuki Kaji. He is in all the things, but for whatever reason I seem to associate him most with HenNeko right now. Maybe it's because this guy's attitude seems so similar.

Why is there a girl in some kind of a fancy nurse outfit sitting there not saying anything. That's a little distracting.

And then it's SUDDEN GRATUITOUS TOY AEROPLANE SAKUGA. Okay, if you must. The wielder of the mighty sakuga toy aeroplane is some youkai girl with blue hair and kemomimi who apparently reads minds. She's sort of cute. Hey, she just had a "kyun" moment over the adorable blonde loli. I kind of want to gif that.

iK8AQlZsuoGxr.gif

yeah I totally gifed that.

And then everything suddenly went weird and freeze and goldfish went asplode. Why is there an exploding goldfish. OH SHIT IT GOT BIG. Miyukichi don't care though.

Now there's some kid in a baseball cap. I think it's male but hard to be sure. He also has a pastel-coloured maid and is that a ninja nun?! Did I just see a ninja nun?!

That's one bouncy goldfish though.

Touka still best girl. Being all cute and shit.

Aaaaaaaand Miyukichi is making a somewhat less mundane use of her power. Somewhat. I mean, it's still just goldfish-catching, right?

Goddamn that is some pretty cool-looking magic lightning. The sound effects are nice too. All BZZZAT and shit. It all feels very dynamic. There be giant goldfish all over this joint now though, hot damn.

Oh, and we seem to have made it back to the in medias res episode opening. Fishtank inexplicably becomes pigeons (or doves? Same thing in Japanese so who cares). Everyone quite dumbfounded. Then the awesome lightning makes the goldfish go kaiju. Sure, why not then. Oh god, giant evil fish is giving me flashbacks to boss stages in Sayonara Umihara Kawase. Great game, by the way. Hardcore as fuck, but fun.

And yeah, these are some distinctly inhuman humans. They beat up goldfish kaiju and don't afraid of anything.

Aw shit, I like this ED. ED of the season possibly. Not a band I've heard of before, either.

And hang on, gotta check the cast - IT WAS ONLY ONO FUCKING DAISUKE. I knew I was going to kick myself. Touka was Tomatsu Haruka so I was right on the mark when I said her voice was generic as fuck. Still best girl though.

So yeah okay I can see why y'all were hyping this up it's easily one of the best shows of the season already.

OH SHIT THE LOLI
is a villain AND gets a random magical girl transformation sequence and she's a fucking witch in pink. Pity about the :chet.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 9

How does that ocarina still work after being thrown into the dam?

First real issue with a communication breakdown with Momoko, which was kinda inevitable. And there'll probably be more. Good to also see a little bit of background into the relationship between Hadzuki and Masaru.

CorvoSol

Angel Cop 1

A woman's face gets blown off and the guy goes "No one could've lived through that!" You see her brain, her skull is literally split in twain. And the guy has to announce that no one could survive that? Yeaaaaaah.

Most of this episode was really boring until David Bowie showed up.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 9

How does that ocarina still work after being thrown into the dam?

First real issue with a communication breakdown with Momoko, which was kinda inevitable. And there'll probably be more. Good to also see a little bit of background into the relationship between Hadzuki and Masaru.

It's basically more about the pairings that they're totally DTF each other.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mahou Shoujo Pretty Sammy OVA 1-3 END

R7MYqmJ.jpg

Once upon a time, I was something of a purist, and all it ever did for me was keep me from giving a proper chance to good shows I would later love. I had been ignoring this title for ages, and now it's just a new entry on my "why did I not watch this sooner?" list. As a fan of the Tenchi OVA and multiple magical girl shows, this was a lot of fun to watch. Sasami does a surprisingly good job at being the comic lead, and the rest of the Tenchi cast are remixed pretty well. Above all else, it's all thoroughly tongue-in-cheek. While I wouldn't really put this up with the classics per se, you can absolutely do worse.

ZV5QPFR.jpg

Oh yeah, those shoulder guards look awfully familiar.

Monogatari SS 15
Well the end of this arc wasn't a happy ending. For some reason I like Nadeko still, she has a good final boss feel to her. The scene after the credits was a nice teaser

Walkure Romanze 2
This guy can't catch a break.

Hold the phone, you gave Infinite Stratos a 10? Out of 10? Not a hundred or something? Not ironically?
I wanna chime in here because surely I'm not the only one who felt there was a total change in the characters in season two's first episodes? It felt like a totally different show. Way more fake lesbianism between cast members, shitty gun play(did season one even have a gun that wasn't with a mecha?), it really felt like an alternate dimension episode to me.
Did you read my reviews of the first episode? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84661329&postcount=3134 Yeah, the show feels very different, and not as good. The characters are kind of recognizable, but they have all changed a bit for the worse, and the fake yuri is mostly new of course as well. I don't know if it's quite an alternate dimension, but it's definitely not the same as the first season, unfortunately.

]Outbreak Company 2 Ok, this show is a little weird, seems they're taking this stupid premise of exporting Japans culture to this other world somewhat seriously but there's one thing that's bugging me. Are they seriously
going to teach everyone there Japanese rather than just learn that world's language themselves and translate their crap? This show's taking a weird route here. Clearly you gotta change the infrastructure of that country so that they can have disposable income to buy manga and shit, gotta educate them in some language so they can read it, gotta get them some free time so they can read it, but it's all so weird because this is meaning that all societal changes that they introduce to the country are going to be driven by the population's desire to read manga? I don't know how serious this show is going to take the premise so perhaps I'm over thinking things, always am probably, but it seems to me that even if the Princess loves manga and wants her subjects to read it or however they're going to play it that without changing the infrastructure of the country to not rely on forced labor, conscription and the like that they're going to create a shitload of problems.
I haven't watched this series yet, and I'm not sure if I will, but a while earlier I said how anime with Western settings almost never gets the setting even remotely right. That fantasy anime trend of suspiciously modern "fantasy" worlds is a definite part of that problem; somehow anime/manga writers don't seem to understand that you can't have feudal Middle Ages stuff and modern technology ("it's magic" or "it's technology", either way the tech is the same) happily co-existing... but somehow they write things that way, again and again and again. It's really, really stupid.

So, if you're thinking that seriously about issues related to that problem -- and yes, those are good questions that you ask there -- about such a stupid premise as one like the one that anime seems to have, yes, I think you're overthinking it, unfortunately... I highly doubt that it'll address any of those issues. Of course it SHOULD, but will it? Yeah, no.

Also, translate? Hah! As if, isn't it easier to just teach everyone Japanese? I mean, it's so easy to learn... oh wait, yeah, that idea is pretty ridiculous. No medieval peasant would have the time to learn Japanese -- character-based languages take a lot of time and focus to learn, and most medieval peasants in the West couldn't even write our alphabetic languages, much less learn characters!

On that note, fantasy worlds generally conveniently forget that most people should be illiterate... sure, some upper classes (mages, some nobles, merchants, clerics, and such) would learn how to read and write, but not most people below that.

The show is still crap, it's just that Russia is so awesome a character that she makes it bearable. Without a troll character, the show would be sooooo bad.
Ah, I see. You're setting yourself up for a big disappointment once she becomes a haremite, then, I think... :p

I wish the people who insist that Madoka ep 3 CANNOT BE SEEN COMING and that the Oreimo ending was UTTERLY INEVITABLE FROM EPISODE 1 would post at the same time, so they could mutually annihilate or something.
Sorry, that's not going to happen. I mean, the OreImo ending WAS utterly inevitable from episode 1 (no question!), and the only reason I saw something like Madoka ep. 3 coming was because it was spoiled for me beforehands (by the people saying who the actual writer was and what he'd written before and such). And even then, the twist was more than I would have guessed.

And yes, I did drop Madoka after that episode. Haven't watched it since.

Digging through the comments tells me it's the Legend of Crystania OVA. And it's only 3 episodes.
Crystania had a movie and then three OVAs following it, so it's really four parts.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That fantasy anime trend of suspiciously modern "fantasy" worlds is a definite part of that problem; somehow anime/manga writers don't seem to understand that you can't have feudal Middle Ages stuff and modern technology ("it's magic" or "it's technology", either way the tech is the same) happily co-existing... but somehow they write things that way, again and again and again. It's really, really stupid.
Someone should send a letter to Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom