• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Victory Gundam 39

I quit. I fucking quit. This show is shit. It's boring, it's dumb, and it is shit. Holy fuck, I hated Princess Ismail's shitty, shitty, shitty song in 00 and HEY GUESS WHAT STRAW BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK? Shakti singing. There's no fucking direction to this show. It meanders like a fucking glacier if glaciers were drunk and obsessed with wheels. And then they make me listen to Shakti screech a song out? OH FUCK NO.

I can't do this any more. Gundam was good, once. The first three shows were REALLY solid. Then the two movies were meh, and at long last Tomino shat out Fucktory.

What utter filth.

I suggest picking up Gundam Build Fighters, it is the title that is saving Gundam.

Victory Gundam 39
*Rage*

lol Victory claims another victim.

Tomino has gone on record stating this his least favorite Gundam series I do believe. In fact I believe at one point he was telling people not to watch it. I don't remember where I read it though.

Edit:
Now that I think about it that might have been NewType Magizine back when they were publishing in the US. I think there was either some drama between him and Sunrise, or a bout of depression or something.

Victory Gundam 39

I quit. I fucking quit. This show is shit. It's boring, it's dumb, and it is shit. Holy fuck, I hated Princess Ismail's shitty, shitty, shitty song in 00 and HEY GUESS WHAT STRAW BROKE THE CAMEL'S BACK? Shakti singing. There's no fucking direction to this show. It meanders like a fucking glacier if glaciers were drunk and obsessed with wheels. And then they make me listen to Shakti screech a song out? OH FUCK NO.

I can't do this any more. Gundam was good, once. The first three shows were REALLY solid. Then the two movies were meh, and at long last Tomino shat out Fucktory.

This show is AGE bad. This is 00 S2 bad. This is an awful Gundam show and I desperately urge all within the sound of this post to avoid Victory like the plague that it is. Oh, no doubt Flit was a Nazi, Shinn was a shit head, and Setsuna a walking yawn, but Uso is a goddamn shrieking dope. Why is everything in this show so fucking SHRILL? Shakti, Karlman, Uso, Katejina, Chumpicle Asser, all of them.

I'm FORTY FUCKING EPISODES INTO THIS SHOW AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. Unless you count a bunch of shit heads dying as "something" which you shouldn't, since people dying has no consequence or meaning. They just die. Oh boy. They don't even die in significant ways, just "Shakti fucked up and now ten people have to die." Why or how did Shakti fuck up? Not even God could solve that for you.

This is a horrible Gundam show. It's droll, offensively stupid, and even the inane Zanscare mechanical designs are not enough to keep me going. The villains have NO clear motive, the heroes are aimlessly wandering doing NOTHING, there is no tension to the fights, just Uso crying at Katejina as she says things increasingly disconnected from reality. I'm going to be honest, "they're newtypes!" has always been a bad excuse for the wacky things people say during fights in Gundam, but it is stretched positively translucent here.

What a fucking waste. Of time, of money, of paint, of space, of memory, and of lives. No one involved in this project or who has watched this show has used their time in any beneficial way. Victory Gundam is the equivalent of staring into the sun while listening to leaves dry. It's painful and the longer it sits there, the more it begins to stink.

I wish I had not ever known of the existence of this show, but now that I have, let it bear the distinction of the only Gundam show I feel no desire to finish. Not even as a hate watch. Not even for a bargain. I watched AGE. I watched 00. I sat through THIRTY FUCKING NINE of these episodes and I cannot do this anymore.

There is no excuse, no reason, no defense for a product as hideous, repulsive, repugnant and positively awful as Victory Gundam. What a rancid, rancorous, wretched note to end the Universal Century on, and my viewing of Gundam in general. Thank GOD there is still Gundam Build Fighters to buoy my interest in the franchise, because Victory is a shit so positively odious and odorous that its stench burns my eyes even as my lids close.

Thank you, Tomino, for proving that Garzey's Wing is not ever going to be the stupidest thing you made.

What utter filth.

Victory Gundam is the Golden Sun Dark Dawn of Gundam? Sounds bad.

Mature

It was good for the first 7 episodes until this happened:

blastytempest8-12.gif
Some of the worst bits of storytelling I've seen in anime. Really felt like a chore to watch.

I guess I can thank it for waving a big flag telling me to drop the show.

Gundam Build Fighters 2

Goddamn this shit was so hype! You've all seen the gifs so I won't post them again but is the real shit. And Ramba Ral showing up where ever there is a Gunpla battle is just too good. Give me more!

non non biyori... anime anime anime grade school middle school highschool college 30 year old.

any anime character can literally be any age. as long as one believes.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Sad Victory is making people drop Gundam. Should have read about it and just skipped.

I think the two series that came after it, Gundam X and especially Turn A Gundam, are really solid shows.

Turn A is probably my favorite Gundam TV series

Also watched Samurai Flamenco, I liked it alot, I'll keep watching.

Soma

Yozakura Quartet Episode 02

So.
Many.
Best girls.

Well this definitely turned out to be the superior youkai anime of the season. Pretty easygoing episode coming off from the events of the previous episode and the intersecting narration was nice. Looks like the next one will be pretty exciting, action-wise.

Gazoinks

Fate/Zero 1

No one said there would be feels this early damn it. Kariya is going to be the tragic character throughout this, isn't he?

In other news: expositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexposition

Despite the enormous amounts of exposition, I liked this episode. Looked nice and the characters and concepts it set up were interesting. I like that so far at least pretty much everyone's equally interesting, there's no obvious hero or villain. Couldn't help but laugh when Tokiomi and the other dude were walking in circles around Kirei. All I could think is that they must be getting dizzy. Also Kiritsugi and Kirei's passionate monologues about each other.

Fate/Zero 1

No one said there would be feels this early damn it. Kariya is going to be the tragic character throughout this, isn't he?

In other news: expositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexposition

Despite the enormous amounts of exposition, I liked this episode. Looked nice and the characters and concepts it set up were interesting. I like that so far at least pretty much everyone's equally interesting, there's no obvious hero or villain. Couldn't help but laugh when Tokiomi and the other dude were walking in circles around Kirei. All I could think is that they must be getting dizzy. Also Kiritsugi and Kirei's passionate monologues about each other.

Yay for people watching Fate/Zero! It is an excellent show and the action/fight scenes are intense.

Akainu

So what is new this season? I'm watching Kill la Kill and I just heard about Samurai Flamenco so I'll look into that. What is the Gundam Build Fighters about? It sounds like G Gundam with giant gunpla.

Gazoinks

So what is new this season? I'm watching Kill la Kill and I just heard about Samurai Flamenco so I'll look into that. What is the Gundam Build Fighters about? It sounds like G Gundam with giant gunpla.

Kyousougiga is probably my other favorite along with Kill La Kill. Other things I enjoyed that I'd recommend are Log Horizon and White Album 2. Gingitsune is also a nice feel-good show.

Narag

What is the Gundam Build Fighters about? It sounds like G Gundam with giant gunpla.

Awesomely animated 2D mecha duels with various stuff from the franchise. Doesn't hurt the non-action stuff is hitting the right humor cues early on too. They're regular size Gunpla though.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Plenty is new this season. Gingitsune is probably the quiet and clam anime to watch this season.

Outbreak Company 1

This is how otaku are seen. Surrounded by fantasy waifus.

Yeah ..i'm not a fan of the way the guy is ..he is portrayed as an extreme case but nothing extreme happenned to him ( before the events of the anime, except being rejected by a girl )

that doesn't make you an otaku

WOuld have dropped if the elf girl wasn't so cute ...

Victory Gundam 39
Corvo * rage metter at maximum level

Worse than AGE ? really ? i need to see this ..

That means they'll probably only get like 3 volumes of material covered because of shounen pacing. lol

Actually the third episode should finish up volume 1 and get at least one chapter, likely more, into volume 2. The shounen pacing is from the manga, not the adaptation, which Reiko Yoshida has been doing a good job with so far.

Outbreak Company 01 and 02

I decided to give it a try. As much crap as I gave the premise the second episode was solid. If serious topics such as racism and wars will be covered, I'm fine with that. And the protagonist might not be a badass but at least he's not a bumbling idiot.

I shall now join Team Maid. Because fuck that loli princess.

I'd also like to join Team Lizard because that Lizard gonna kick some ass at one point.

Fate/Zero 1

I welcome more FZ brethren. Be ready to enjoy one of the best anime of all time.

As you pass badass fight scenes street, you might come across great characters avenue where people such as Rider and protagonist are residing. But don't stray too far or you'll reach Urobutcher blvd. where the feels happen.

All jokes aside FZ is one of my favorite animes of all time, it has everything... well besides happiness. But then again that's what the shonen male fantasy Fate Stay Night is for. I kid I kid, but FSN is weaker.

Yowamushi Pedal 02

Well, ok, I guess this episode has basically made me want to stick around for the whole ride.

It's enjoyable, I dislike the main character just a little less now and I do really enjoy the other characters so far.

Enjoyed the music in this show as well which is something I usually don't notice.

Barzul

Looking for a new anime to get into, typically like the Sci-fi/Fantasy stuff. Like Steins Gate, Code Geass, Full Metal, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Fate Zero, Zetsuen No Tempest, Magi, I also liked Btoom and Death Note. Any recommendations from this season or even past ones?

CorvoSol

I suggest picking up Gundam Build Fighters, it is the title that is saving Gundam.

I have, it is.

lol Victory claims another victim.

Tomino has gone on record stating this his least favorite Gundam series I do believe. In fact I believe at one point he was telling people not to watch it. I don't remember where I read it though.

Edit:
Now that I think about it that might have been NewType Magizine back when they were publishing in the US. I think there was either some drama between him and Sunrise, or a bout of depression or something.

If I had worked on Victory, I'd have been depressed, too. What an entirely terrible series.

Victory Gundam is the Golden Sun Dark Dawn of Gundam? Sounds bad.

At least Dark Dawn had the good sense to end. Victory is the longest series in the franchise.

Sad Victory is making people drop Gundam. Should have read about it and just skipped.

I think the two series that came after it, Gundam X and especially Turn A Gundam, are really solid shows.

Turn A is probably my favorite Gundam TV series

Also watched Samurai Flamenco, I liked it alot, I'll keep watching.

I finished watching Turn A not too long ago, and it is good. This is my last Gundam show 'cuz it is the last one I have left, aside from X.

Beautiful. Positively beautiful.

I think I'm gonna fast from mecha until I get the stain of Victory off of me. Gundam Build Fighters and Valvrave 2 not withstanding.

Worse than AGE ? really ? i need to see this ..

Worse than AGE? Maybe not. As awful as AGE? Most definitely.

Shergal

Yozakura 2
This episode walked the line between leisurely establishing the character dynamics and pointless meandering that went nowhere. I like slow, steady pacing, but so many parts were perfunctory, trying to go for small details that would've been better off scattered throughout the story.
The character interactions are inconsistent, sometimes funny and with rhythm (I really like how sometimes characters will speak at the same time and over each other), sometimes bland and by the numbers. It doesn't help that some characters are just gimmicks, like the boy-god who gropes girls.

It didn't have the same pleasant colour design as episode 1, but it's still strong visually. Good amount of animation, well-managed for 20 minutes of runtime, and the action was pretty decent again. Going by the preview, it'll kick off by the next episode, so looking forward to that.

Chuck

Still without luck
Yowapeda 2

Great episode. Onoda and Imaizuki race was really exciting. This show really animates the bikes well and has really nice attention to detail. I love Onoda's silliness and Imaizuki's seriousness. Can't wait til they join the club(s?)!

Meganebu 2

Such a cute episode. Love this show.

Ookiku Furikabutte 03

And so starts our first game. And also starts Mihashi's panic attack or whatever. While I get his character, I was never a big fan of it.

Victory Gundam 39

This show is AGE bad. This is 00 S2 bad. This is an awful Gundam show and I desperately urge all within the sound of this post to avoid Victory like the plague that it is. Oh, no doubt Flit was a Nazi, Shinn was a shit head, and Setsuna a walking yawn, but Uso is a goddamn shrieking dope. Why is everything in this show so fucking SHRILL? Shakti, Karlman, Uso, Katejina, Chumpicle Asser, all of them.

I'm FORTY FUCKING EPISODES INTO THIS SHOW AND NOTHING HAS HAPPENED. Unless you count a bunch of shit heads dying as "something" which you shouldn't, since people dying has no consequence or meaning. They just die. Oh boy. They don't even die in significant ways, just "Shakti fucked up and now ten people have to die." Why or how did Shakti fuck up? Not even God could solve that for you.

This is a horrible Gundam show. It's droll, offensively stupid, and even the inane Zanscare mechanical designs are not enough to keep me going. The villains have NO clear motive, the heroes are aimlessly wandering doing NOTHING, there is no tension to the fights, just Uso crying at Katejina as she says things increasingly disconnected from reality. I'm going to be honest, "they're newtypes!" has always been a bad excuse for the wacky things people say during fights in Gundam, but it is stretched positively translucent here.

What a fucking waste. Of time, of money, of paint, of space, of memory, and of lives. No one involved in this project or who has watched this show has used their time in any beneficial way. Victory Gundam is the equivalent of staring into the sun while listening to leaves dry. It's painful and the longer it sits there, the more it begins to stink.

I wish I had not ever known of the existence of this show, but now that I have, let it bear the distinction of the only Gundam show I feel no desire to finish. Not even as a hate watch. Not even for a bargain. I watched AGE. I watched 00. I sat through THIRTY FUCKING NINE of these episodes and I cannot do this anymore.

There is no excuse, no reason, no defense for a product as hideous, repulsive, repugnant and positively awful as Victory Gundam. What a rancid, rancorous, wretched note to end the Universal Century on, and my viewing of Gundam in general. Thank GOD there is still Gundam Build Fighters to buoy my interest in the franchise, because Victory is a shit so positively odious and odorous that its stench burns my eyes even as my lids close.

Thank you, Tomino, for proving that Garzey's Wing is not ever going to be the stupidest thing you made.

What utter filth.

What's weird is I have a friend who's watching Victory right now, and he's really enjoying it. But then he really enjoys the aspects of Gundam series that a lot of people absolutely hate (like melodrama, for instance). It's just interesting to see how your reactions are the exact opposite of his.

I still haven't watched it, and I'm not sure I really want to anymore.

CorvoSol

What's weird is I have a friend who's watching Victory right now, and he's really enjoying it. But then he really enjoys the aspects of Gundam series that a lot of people absolutely hate (like melodrama, for instance). It's just interesting to see how your reactions are the exact opposite of his.

I still haven't watched it, and I'm not sure I really want to anymore.

There are so many better Gundam shows, that handle the melodrama so much better than this.

It gave Isaac a beard. That's more good than Victory's contributed to the universe.

Everyone also inherited the abiltiy to never shut the fuck up and get to the point, and then made it worse, everything else in the game is a representation of what happens when you baby things down for the next generation in society. Without completely handicapping you in the what am i suppose to do next category.

There are so many better Gundam shows, that handle the melodrama so much better than this.

Yeah, but he's also seen everything other than SEED Destiny and Turn A (pretty sure he's saving it for after he finishes Victory). And he needs his Gundam fix. Not entirely sure why he isn't watching Build Fighters, actually, because he really loves Gunpla.

CorvoSol

Everyone also inherited the abiltiy to never shut the fuck up and get to the point, and then made it worse, everything else in the game is a representation of what happens when you baby things down for the next generation in society. Without completely handicapping you in the what am i suppose to do next category.

I never said Dark Dawn was a good game. Only that it is better than Victory Gundam.

Yeah, but he's also seen everything other than SEED Destiny and Turn A (pretty sure he's saving it for after he finishes Victory). And he needs his Gundam fix. Not entirely sure why he isn't watching Build Fighters, actually, because he really loves Gunpla.

Turn A is so much better than SEED Destiny and Victory.

What about SD Gundam?!?

Hmm, adorable SD Frau Bow, Cat Char Aznable. Hmmm

Friends don't let friends watch SEED, or anything that includes Jesus Yamato.

I never said Dark Dawn was a good game. Only that it is better than Victory Gundam.

]

Yet despite that, I couldn't wish Dark Dawn on anyone. I'm not a terrible person.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 17

POP EPISODE~!

AAAAAAAAA

And she's having a recital! AAAAAAAAAAA

WHY THE FUCK DOES TAMAKI HAVE A COUSIN!? AAAAAAAAA

Also fuck magic drugs on cake, Pop's too good for that obviously. (because the beliefs from her "Onee-chan")

Gazoinks

Continued adventures in finally watching shows I kept meaning to because they're supposed to be great:

Steins;Gate 1

Okabe is a big dork and also possibly insane. Good first episode, core characters seemed likable, set up some interesting mysteries, and had some good funny moments. Kirisu has a weird jacket.

Steins;Gate 2

"Ruka... is a dude." Kurisu owning Okabe at the lecture was pretty great, and we've got some sort of interesting time banana thing going on here. Kind of reminds me of Primer (a movie that I haven't actually seen). Stuff be interesting. Gotta pick up the VN at some point, too. I like they're doing multiple timelines, it's a bit less confusing than just a single mutable timeline. Kind of.

Fate/Zero 2

Agh Caster. Aaaagh. Urobutcher sure don't like to pull punches. Anyway, this was a good second episode. Introduced the uber antagonistic final Master/Servant pair, and got some development on the Servants. I like Rider particularly, he seems like an entertaining guy, I like his interactions with Waver Velvet (a name almost as great as Jacuzzi Splot). I'm going to go ahead and assume Assassin isn't actually dead, because that'd be weird

I feel like I'm setting myself up for big feels at some point, from what I know about these two shows. >.>

Poor Bombless.

Panty and Stocking w/Garterbelt 8

This was a pretty dull episode till the Monkey shouted "Objection!"

The whole monkey ace attorney was amazing. Zombie one lacked a good resolution, though.

@Gazoinks: If you're enjoying Steins;Gate now keep watching. Around episode 10 the show turns from a time-travel slice of life into full on time travel drama and it's fucking fantastic.

Not to say the first 10 episodes aren't good, but compared to the latter? Yeah they can't compare. And Houoouououououououououin is a fantastic lead.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 2
The CG can be a bit...distracting, but the tactical naval battles are good stuff. Hopefully this show stays CG naval Star Trek and doesn't go into other sorts of material.

Anime already has a Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica though. Yamato 2199.

Or as I like to call it.

Yamato 2199.

Pooya

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 2The CG can be a bit...distracting, but the tactical naval battles are good stuff. Hopefully this show stays CG naval Star Trek and doesn't go into other sorts of material.

the CG is only distracting when characters show up, I like the fights otherwise.

Gazoinks

@Gazoinks: If you're enjoying Steins;Gate now keep watching. Around episode 10 the show turns from a time-travel slice of life into full on time travel drama and it's fucking fantastic.

Not to say the first 10 episodes aren't good, but compared to the latter? Yeah they can't compare. And Houoouououououououououin is a fantastic lead.

Yeah, I hear a lot of reviews that're like "Eh, the first 10-12 episodes are alright but then it becomes awesome", so since I already like the show, that's probably a good sign for the future.

And yeah, Okabe is a cool lead. He's a lot of fun as a character, but he also has a sort of unsettling weirdness to him.

Continued adventures in finally watching shows I kept meaning to because they're supposed to be great:

Steins;Gate 1

Okabe is a big dork and also possibly insane. Good first episode, core characters seemed likable, set up some interesting mysteries, and had some good funny moments. Kirisu has a weird jacket.

Steins;Gate 2

"Ruka... is a dude." Kurisu owning Okabe at the lecture was pretty great, and we've got some sort of interesting time banana thing going on here. Kind of reminds me of Primer (a movie that I haven't actually seen). Stuff be interesting. Gotta pick up the VN at some point, too. I like they're doing multiple timelines, it's a bit less confusing than just a single mutable timeline. Kind of.

Fate/Zero 2

Agh Caster. Aaaagh. Urobutcher sure don't like to pull punches. Anyway, this was a good second episode. Introduced the uber antagonistic final Master/Servant pair, and got some development on the Servants. I like Rider particularly, he seems like an entertaining guy, I like his interactions with Waver Velvet (a name almost as great as Jacuzzi Splot). I'm going to go ahead and assume Assassin isn't actually dead, because that'd be weird

I feel like I'm setting myself up for big feels at some point, from what I know about these two shows. >.>

The whole monkey ace attorney was amazing. Zombie one lacked a good resolution, though.

You should fix that ASAP. Easily in my top five sci-fi films, and somehow made with only $7000. I really need to see the director's newest film, Upstream Color. It's not sci-fi, and it's a lot more arty, but I like that.

Anyway, Steins;Gate takes a few episodes to pick up, but once it does, it really picks up. I liked the early episodes a fair bit, too, though. But yeah, I've heard the VN is even better than the anime. The official English release is supposed to come out by the end of the year, but I dunno if that's actually gonna happen. JAST is apparently infamous for taking eons to release stuff, and this is being rated by the ESRB. I'm not sure if that'll delay anything, but hopefully that means it'll be on Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom