• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Ugh trying to find stuff like Hyouka is painful.Tasogare Otomo X Amnesia was the closest I could find and that too was great. But after finding that...

c6ytjqs.gif

Dusk Maiden was really good. Not really much else like that that I can think of.

Fate/Zero 1

No one said there would be feels this early damn it. Kariya is going to be the tragic character throughout this, isn't he?

In other news: expositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexpositionexposition

Despite the enormous amounts of exposition, I liked this episode. Looked nice and the characters and concepts it set up were interesting. I like that so far at least pretty much everyone's equally interesting, there's no obvious hero or villain. Couldn't help but laugh when Tokiomi and the other dude were walking in circles around Kirei. All I could think is that they must be getting dizzy. Also Kiritsugi and Kirei's passionate monologues about each other.

Ah yes infamous episode 1. I enjoyed the exposition because it really did explain everything in a show desperately in need of explanation. My mom watched it with me and asked about the little girl covered by dickworms.

Continued adventures in finally watching shows I kept meaning to because they're supposed to be great:

Steins;Gate 1

Okabe is a big dork and also possibly insane. Good first episode, core characters seemed likable, set up some interesting mysteries, and had some good funny moments. Kirisu has a weird jacket.

Steins;Gate 2

"Ruka... is a dude." Kurisu owning Okabe at the lecture was pretty great, and we've got some sort of interesting time banana thing going on here. Kind of reminds me of Primer (a movie that I haven't actually seen). Stuff be interesting. Gotta pick up the VN at some point, too. I like they're doing multiple timelines, it's a bit less confusing than just a single mutable timeline. Kind of.

Fate/Zero 2

Agh Caster. Aaaagh. Urobutcher sure don't like to pull punches. Anyway, this was a good second episode. Introduced the uber antagonistic final Master/Servant pair, and got some development on the Servants. I like Rider particularly, he seems like an entertaining guy, I like his interactions with Waver Velvet (a name almost as great as Jacuzzi Splot). I'm going to go ahead and assume Assassin isn't actually dead, because that'd be weird

I feel like I'm setting myself up for big feels at some point, from what I know about these two shows. >.>

The whole monkey ace attorney was amazing. Zombie one lacked a good resolution, though.

Steins;Gate just keeps getting better until the tipping point where its just incredible.

Caster is an evil fucker. Waver/Rider is the best duo ever probably. The two play off each other in a masterful way. Rider is a BOSS. Thats all you need to know thus far.

Rozen Maiden 2013 - END
Are you fucking kidding me?????? what a waste of time.

It ended conclusively; it just went on for another half episode afterwards. Which isn't ideal, sure, but anyone who's watched anime adaptations for any length of time should be familiar with shows leaving things open-ended, since the people funding these shows want the viewers to go out and buy the manga (or whatever the source is) after all.

fertygo

It ended conclusively; it just went on for another half episode afterwards. Which isn't ideal, sure, but anyone who's watched anime adaptations for any length of time should be familiar with shows leaving things open-ended, since the people funding these shows want the viewers to go out and buy the manga (or whatever the source is) after all.

I suppose so, what worse the manga is on hiatus.. by the way I still pissed[
B] they not leave Adult Jin alone, he have no more business dammit.[/B]

Westlo

I suppose so, what worse the manga is on hiatus.. by the way I still pissed
they not leave Adult Jin alone, he have no more business dammit.

How involved he in the manga after the events the tv series covered? I haven't finished it yet, but kinda curious. spoiler tag that shit when yo reply yo.

fertygo

How involved is Adult Jin in the manga after the events the tv series covered? I haven't finished it yet, but kinda curious. spoiler tag that shit when yo reply yo.

SMH, I must've drunk.. I meant to spoiler tag instead put bold tag

Dunno, its seem they need him for something.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sasami: Magical Girls Club 1

So I skipped ahead a bit just to see what this was like, and...

n2EaY6b.jpg

Sasami = Mato
Misao = Yomi
Washuu = Saya

Tenumi

Banned
I was having issues with my desktop computer the past few days. Turns out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure 2012 is too much for my desktop. Too much what, I don't know, but it was hard crashing the entire computer.

Guess I'll have to wait for another time to get that around for watching....

-----------------------------------------------------
Unbreakable Machine-Doll: 02

As much as I want it to... this really isn't hooking me. I'm dropping it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Wrestletits 2

This show is dumb, the fanservice isn't as well-done as something like YuuSibu, and it doesn't even adhere to the rules of pro wrestling.
She grabbed the ropes. It doesn't matter if she was pulled off right after. The moment she grabbed the ropes, that should have been a rope break. The hold should have been broken.

Not to mention, as a hardcore smark, it's a bit hard for me to watch a show that assumes pro wrestling isn't scripted/pre-determined. I know that they HAVE to do it this way for the sake of drama, but still.

And really, when it's all said and done, the show is obviously just an excuse to show the main character in various painful holds for long periods of time while it lingers on various fanservicey shots that end up being more unsettling than anything else. Oh and moaning.

Basically, a show needs to have more than just tits to keep me interested. YuuSibu is an example of an ecchi show having a good premise and interesting characters and writing. This isn't.

I'd rather watch real joshi puroresu. First (and probably only) drop of the season.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars Nova Episode 2:

In between the cludgy CGI and the fact that the Fleet of Fog have had the anthropomorphism into girls, I can't watch this anymore, it is just too stupid. Dropped like it was on fire.

I understand people are talking about a new Jojo season, and I'm excited too.

But I also see comments of Hyouka. Was a new season announced? Please don't break my heart, I need a link if true.

e_i

Non Non Biyori episode 2

Wow...three slice of life shows with yuri this year.
Hotaru is so smitten with Koma-senpai. She even makes a doll to cuddle with

Tenumi

Banned
Kiss x Sis TV: 08

Festival episode, which means fireworks, games, and.... urination.

Because, you know, those things go together.

Has Ufotable been working on any new anime series?

I ask because they're easily one of my favorite anime companies and the last thing I remember reading about them is how they were working on a film based in the Heaven's Feel arc for FSN.

Being unfamiliar with Gundam, I had no idea who old exposition guy was. Having somebody franchise relevant weirding that girl out makes it more amusing.

CorvoSol

Being unfamiliar with Gundam, I had no idea who old exposition guy was. Having somebody franchise relevant weirding that girl out makes it more amusing.

Ramba Ral was the precursor to all sympathetic villains in Gundam. Also he piloted the Gouf, and had some amazing throw downs with Amuro.

Metrotab

Banned
Gingitsune - 2

The music really makes me think of the building mode in The Sims.

And jeez, VP should lighten up a little. It's just high school, you can combine having fun with a disciplined work ethic.

KiN0

I ask because they're easily one of my favorite anime companies and the last thing I remember reading about them is how they were working on a film based in the Heaven's Feel arc for FSN.

They just released Mirai Fukuin, the last kara no kyoukai movie. There is also another type-moon series called Girls' Work but it's been nearly 2/3 years since they have said anything about it.

Jarmel

Banned
Ufotable is working on that Mahou movie about the sisters and are probably in production phase for F/SN, which chances are that it's a television series.

duckroll

For 2013 they have worked exclusively on films and game projects. In 2014 they will return to TV projects: mainly with the new Fate/Stay Night. That will be their big project for next year, but they also have other projects unannounced, but those may or may not be TV projects.

They just released Mirai Fukuin, the last kara no kyoukai movie. There is also another type-moon series called Girls' Work but it's been nearly 2/3 years since they have said anything about it.

What the actual fuck I thought it was over, this is fantastic news. Good sir/madam you've just made my day. But knowing the amount of time it takes for these movies to be released online you have also done me a disservice as now I gotta add it to movies I gotta wait for fucking ever to have a chance to watch subbed (alongside Steins;Gate film, Gintama film, Anohana film, recently announced urobutcher film and the upcoming FSN film).

What's this? The daughter of the two protagonists? I need this movie now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom