• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

You should fix that ASAP. Easily in my top five sci-fi films, and somehow made with only $7000. I really need to see the director's newest film, Upstream Color. It's not sci-fi, and it's a lot more arty, but I like that.

Anyway, Steins;Gate takes a few episodes to pick up, but once it does, it really picks up. I liked the early episodes a fair bit, too, though. But yeah, I've heard the VN is even better than the anime. The official English release is supposed to come out by the end of the year, but I dunno if that's actually gonna happen. JAST is apparently infamous for taking eons to release stuff, and this is being rated by the ESRB. I'm not sure if that'll delay anything, but hopefully that means it'll be on Steam.

Believe me, I have an enormous list of movies I need to watch, and it's definitely on there. It seems like a very love it or hate it movie, but it seems like the kind of thing I could get into.

Yeah, they've got the preorder up and set for winter so hopefully it won't end up too delayed. It's kinda pricey at around $40, although I don't know how long it is. I read a while ago that someone on Twitter mentioned there was a chance of it showing up on Steam. That'd be pretty sweet, Steam could use another VN besides Analogue: A Hate Story. Plus Steam sales! xP

If I may give my opinion on Primer, it is very thought provoking as it's a time travel movie that establishes a VERY complex time-tree and flow that isn't fully explained in the movie so it requires more than one viewing or further research to fully grasp. I would suggest you watch it with someone else, and when you do pay a lot of attention as many details require the full attention of the audience. Similar to Fate Zero, if you're not familiar with Fate Stay Night and the way the holy grail wars work don't be afraid to ask in this forum and I'm sure someone can give you a rundown of what they entail.

Once you watch Primer, if you want another sci-fi darling that was highly rated, I can't recommend Moon enough (first movie of director of Source Code, another good one if not more mainstream).

To get back on topic, how good is Clannad? It's always highly rated but I've been wary of watching it because the character designs are TOO moe with those gigantic eyes. Higurashi got a pass from me since it was mainly yandere girls laughing. I know I'll cry like a little bitch.. but to those who aren't keen on moe and have watched this, is it easily overlooked or are the eyes staring at your soul 24/7?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 1-8

vsTWaOp.jpg

Sammy OVA to Sammy TV is kind of like Tenchi OVA to Tenchi TV so far. Maybe not quite as well produced, but still has the same spirit. They also pulled away more from Tenchi itself and the usual triangle is not present, although Mihoshi, Kiyone, and Washuu all maintain key roles. Sasami also has classmates now too! Not really thrilled with how they're characterizing Washuu in this, but so far it seems that she'll be OK after that intro that was both dumb and sly.

Articalys

Ah, so that's what your mysterious vanishing post was about on the previous page. Guess they did it as a joke at one of their Machi Asobi panels.

wonzo

Banned
Yuyushiki SP3

yuyushikisp3.jpg

I'm literally drowning in cat puns.

Tamako Market: Absent-Choinded 2

tamakoabschoi2.jpg

Yeah, how could you!?

Teekyuu 26

Goddamn fatcat millionaires and their special deals with death himself.

Gundam Build Fighters 1-2
I guess Strike is the go-to Gundam? I love Strike, so I'm okay with that.

It seems interesting and i'll watch it for the crazy match ups. I know how stupid it sounds, but I have a hard time with the whole game technology, but I know if I was a kid, I would have eaten this shit up.

Two things (amongst others) that I love about the first two eps (well, the second one in particular):
1) Seeing the Gold Sumo show up (one of my favorites) and 2) Ramba Ral just randomly showing up for the sake of some expository dialogue :p.

Gazoinks

If I may give my opinion on Primer, it is very thought provoking as it's a time travel movie that establishes a VERY complex time-tree and flow that isn't fully explained in the movie so it requires more than one viewing or further research to fully grasp. I would suggest you watch it with someone else, and when you do pay a lot of attention as many details require the full attention of the audience. Similar to Fate Zero, if you're not familiar with Fate Stay Night and the way the holy grail wars work don't be afraid to ask in this forum and I'm sure someone can give you a rundown of what they entail.

Once you watch Primer, if you want another sci-fi darling that was highly rated, I can't recommend Moon enough (first movie of director of Source Code, another good one if not more mainstream).

To get back on topic, how good is Clannad? It's always highly rated but I've been wary of watching it because the character designs are TOO moe with those gigantic eyes. Higurashi got a pass from me since it was mainly yandere girls laughing. I know I'll cry like a little bitch.. but to those who aren't keen on moe and have watched this, is it easily overlooked or are the eyes staring at your soul 24/7?

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.

As far as Clannad goes, I've heard the first season is an entertaining but not outstanding slice of life series but it's worth going through because After Story will rip your beating heart from your chest and devour it. So unless the moe completely puts you off, it might be worth going through. It's another one I plan on checking out fairly soon.

As far as Clannad goes, I've heard the first season is an entertaining but not outstanding slice of life series but it's worth going through because After Story will rip your beating heart from your chest and devour it. So unless the moe completely puts you off, it might be worth going through. It's another one I plan on checking out fairly soon.

I did not shed a single tear for Clannad.

Anohana, on the otherhand, it was a river that was nonstop.

Yeah, I have no idea how that makes sense.

Articalys

Free! BD+DVD volume 2 first week sales -- 28,750. Only a modest bump over the v1w1 sales, but still impressive nonetheless.

Other than this practically nothing of note was released last week.

Westlo

Free! BD+DVD volume 2 first week sales -- 28,750. Only a modest bump over the v1w1 sales, but still impressive nonetheless.

Other than this practically nothing of note was released last week.

Was volume 2 an event ticked or is that just volumes 3 and 4?

I couldn't get more than a few episodes into Destiny, and I even sort liked the original SEED.

I actually though the start of Destiny was decent enough, it only went to shit after the colony drop and than it became lets laugh @ the shinn fans while shinn gets owned/replaced etc.

Vecks

Yowapeda 2

I really like that they have little scenes behind the ED for each episode. I thought it was just gonna be a one time deal but, nope, they brought it back again. And, wth, they are using CG for some of the bicycling? I guess CG is easier to work with for stuff like this, but it looks so out of place (and so low budget).

Articalys

Was volume 2 an event ticked or is that just volumes 3 and 4?
Volumes 2 and 3, actually.

Sales list time. Such as it is for a dead week.
Code:
2013 10/07~10/13 Anime BD List
*1 (**1)	---	16,844	*16,844	**1	Free! v2
*2 (*14)	**7	*1,529	*36,407	**3	Love Live! v7
*3 (*15)	**2	*1,513	*11,342	**2	Senki Zesshou Symphogear G v1
*4 (***)	---	*,809	***,809	**1	Genshiken Nidaime v2
*5 (***)	*23	*,615	*32,699	**4	Shingeki no Kyojin v3
*6 (***)	---	*,477	***,477	**1	Re:Cutey Honey Complete BD
*7 (***)	*16	*,470	*14,035	**3	Jojo no Kimyou na Bouken v9
*8 (***)	*49	*,444	*10,629	**5	Dragonball Z Kami to Kami RE
*9 (***)	*27	*,426	395,736	*25	Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q (Evangelion 3.33)
10 (***)	*55	*,415	*18,980	**5	Free! v1
Code:
2013 10/07~10/13 Anime DVD List
*1 (**2)	---	11,906	*,*11,906	**1	Free! v2
*5 (*28)	*24	*1,284	*,*24,242	**5	Dragonball Z Kami to Kami RE
*6 (*35)	*50	*1,020	1,217,296	616	Tonari no Totoro 
14 (***)	*95	**,561	*,519,495	562	Majo no Takkyuubin
15 (***)	*69	**,444	*,*15,226	**4	Shingeki no Kyojin v3
16 (***)	---	**,442	*,363,197	365	Mononoke-hime
17 (***)	---	**,399	2,391,297	427	Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi
21 (***)	---	**,319	*,775,864	551	Tenkuu no Shiro Laputa
22 (***)	*52	**,307	*,**1,460	**2	Senki Zesshou Symphogear G v1
27 (***)	---	**,290	*,*59,767	*16	ONE PIECE Film Z RE
29 (***)	*45	**,283	*,*10,665	**3	Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000% v4
30 (***)	---	**,282	*,*13,173	**5	Free! v1
One notable thing did happen with the top of the Summer 2013 First Volume Rankings:

32,153 *5 Free! [DVD+BD]: 2013/09/11
12,802 *2 Senki Zesshou Symphogear G [DVD+BD]: 2013/10/02
12,384 *3 Brothers Conflict [DVD+BD]: 2013/08/21 [Large event ticket effect]

Symphogear G is now over BroCon. Of course, it had a concert ticket too, so...

cnet128

Banned
Nobody commented on my Yozakura Quartet impressions... I feel abandoned and alone ;_;

I don't think I've ever asked, but what's the general consensus of AnimeGAF on Zetsuen No Tempest? I really loved it, but I know some who dislike the second story arc.

I thought it got a bit weaker towards the very end, but overall I really enjoyed it. I know a lot of people hated the talky showdown in the forest and thought it went on for way too long, but that was one of my favourite parts, so *shrug*

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Victory Gundam is worth watching sorely to experience one of the craziest bitch characters of all-time in a anime series.

I'm guessing the site just went up for Mahou Sensou.

http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/mahosen/

Probably going to be trash but anyone able to make out the studio, director and any notable vas?
Magical Warfare

Madhouse
Cast: Mamoru Miyano, Nao Touyama, Asami Seto, Kenichi Suzumura, Nobuhiko Okamoto
Director: Yuzu Sato
Script/Series Composition: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki
Music: Masato Kouda

Wait what is Saber and Gilgamesh doing there

Westlo

Dat Jojo, where!

I'm curious too,maybe all 5 MF Bunko J's anime will adaptation by Madhouse?

Seems like they're going to be spread out over next year, wouldn't be surprised if Madhouse animate a few of them. And interesting with Masato Kouda, another vg composer chasing dat anime money. I haven't had the chance to watch Arpeggio of Blue Steel yet, for anyone watching it, how's the music in that?

wonzo

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 1-2

yowapeda2.jpg

Definitely one of the stronger shows of the season thus far. It's definitely hitting all the right notes out of the gate, interesting characters setup in an equally interesting premise, great artstyle & animation (sans the crappy cg bits), and most importantly of all for a shonen adaptation; a nice brisk sense of pacing. Damn good stuff.

cajunator

Banned
Im off work finally. Can someone tell me all the shows this season containing hnnngh?
I already know about Unbreakable Machine Doll, Log horizon, KnK, KLK, IS2, Gingitsune, Yuushibu, Non Non Biyori...anything else?

Log Horizon was pretty good, potentially my favourite of this season. Though Kill la Kill had an awesome first couple of episodes. KnK is full of cute
Mirai is fine

Will be watching Golden Time tonight, I've heard nothing but good things!

JOJOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yowapeda 2

I really like that they have little scenes behind the ED for each episode. I thought it was just gonna be a one time deal but, nope, they brought it back again. And, wth, they are using CG for some of the bicycling? I guess CG is easier to work with for stuff like this, but it looks so out of place (and so low budget).

The show is using CG for all the bicycling. The bikes are always CG and the backgrounds are CG whenever the camera is going to be moving through them. As much as I'd like to see lots of background animation, the realistic non-CG alternative is a bunch of stills, so this is an acceptable tradeoff. The CG is pretty well integrated with the 2D animation anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom