• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayearth

Neo Member
Gundam Build Fighters 2

This made me love Gundam again (dropped it around episode 8 of 00) in the same way Girls und Panzer made me love anime again. They're also kinda similar in that both series are easily dismissed for their absurd premises, but attract audiences by being a lot better than they have any right to be.

I'm glad that Sei realized that the club prez was a total bro after all for getting Reiji to enter the tourney.

Looking at the characters in the ending credits, I don't recognize any proxies from past series other than Ral and the student with Dozle's haircut and build. Any else see any, or are they all original characters?

Jarmel

Banned
Gundam Build Fighters 2

This made me love Gundam again (dropped it around episode 8 of 00) in the same way Girls und Panzer made me love anime again. They're also kinda similar in that both series are easily dismissed for their absurd premises, but attract audiences by being a lot better than they have any right to be.

I'm glad that Sei realized that the club prez was a total bro after all for getting Reiji to enter the tourney.

Looking at the characters in the ending credits, I don't recognize any proxies from past series other than Ral and the student with Dozle's haircut and build. Any else see any, or are they all original characters?

I thought Reiji was going to be the show's Char but it looks to be the Club President.

Articalys

Mahou Sensou confirmed to start airing in January 2014, matching the leak from the manga's artist a while back.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...no-nao-toyama-lead-magical-warfare-anime-cast

Director: Yuzu Sato (Iron Man, Kaiji, One Outs)
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Ben-To, Kampfer, Hajime no Ippo New Challenger)
Character Design: Ryouma Ebata (Busou Shinki)
Animation Production: Madhouse
2XmujFk.jpg
Lead cast: Mamoru Miyano (upper-right corner), Nao Toyama (center), Asami Seto (lower left corner), Kenichi Suzumura (lower right corner), Nobuhiko Okamoto (character not pictured)

Ramba Ral was the precursor to all sympathetic villains in Gundam. Also he piloted the Gouf, and had some amazing throw downs with Amuro.

I guess relevant is underselling him a bit then.

While we're on the topic, is there a generally agreed upon order to watch Gundam in? Or a list of the series worth watching today?

Hmm... good question. I think it's clear that it's not all just in Nobu's head, but maybe Aiko isn't quite as into it as Nobu.

Then again, Aiko isn't interested in boys either.

Even though there's some Aiko x Someone moment on episode 4x, Aiko is all about being an
Orinpikku senshu, japan 2020

Fuck yeah for more JOJOOOOOOOO.

PS:. Pikachu is keeping me hostage on pokemon amie.

Give a tip?

No.

Yes.
$100
I don't even need a tip, I'm just asking for one because everyone else is too.
$500
Not that I mind getting more money.
$1000
brb, off to the boutique to buy a new hat.

While we're on the topic, is there a generally agreed upon order to watch Gundam in? Or a list of the series worth watching today?

Start with the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and work your way through the UC time line in chronological order. It's the best way for any of it to make sense if your new to the series. If you get tired of the UC time line you can always drift off to other Gundam series for a bit like G-Gundam or Gundamn Wing-though you might wanna be weary of Gundam X. I enjoyed it but I don't know many that did.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So, since I was only watching two shows this season I decided to watch a bunch of random ones. Of course I respect the three episode rule (which is why I'm still watching KnK) so I'll be sticking with all these for now.

Gingitsune i.e. that one with the wolf bloke.
Pretty cool.

Samurai Flamenco i.e. that one with the cosplaying model
Hmmm... shame the OP isn't at all up there with the like of Astro Fighters and the Gachi Rangers theme.

NouKome i.e. that one the multiple choice questions
Apart from the massive choices throughout history this was pretty bad. Humour was really forced.

Non Non Biyori i.e. that one without anything cos its the countryside
Akari~n award.

Galilei Donna i.e that one with the robotic goldfish
Better than SAO. Well done A1!

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! i.e. iDOLWR@STLER (happy now Theonik?)
Hot.

So anything else that I should check out?

Gazoinks

So, since I was only watching two shows this season I decided to watch a bunch of random ones. Of course I respect the three episode rule (which is why I'm still watching KnK) so I'll be sticking with all these for now.

Pretty cool.

Hmmm... shame the OP isn't at all up there with the like of Astro Fighters and the Gachi Rangers theme.

Apart from the massive choices throughout history this was pretty bad. Humour was really forced.

Akari~n award.

Hot.

If you haven't, definitely Kyousougiga. I also found White Album 2 and Log Horizon to be surprisingly good.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 18

Onpu and Momoko at the studios!

It's about damn time they actually start trying to teach Momoko japanese and vice versa. Gotta live up your end of the bargains.

Doremi is really attached to Onpu and Momoko, somethingsomethingshippingsomethingsomething. Hazuki... came up with the weirdest fucking scenario just to go see them, probably a reflection on the fact that she got kidnapped back in season 1.

Onpu likes touching people. Mainly Doremi.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

Pretty cool.

Akari~n award.

Hot.

Log Horizon and Gundam Build Fighter.

Start with the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and work your way through the UC time line in chronological order. It's the best way for any of it to make sense if your new to the series. If you get tired of the UC time line you can always drift off to other Gundam series for a bit like G-Gundam or Gundamn Wing-though you might wanna be weary of Gundam X. I enjoyed it but I don't know many that did.

Ok, will do. Thanks man!

In addition to Kyousougiga that's been mentioned(great first episode), Yozakura Quartet has been good so far.

Uh, weird. Black Lagoon is pretty good at least.

Awww man the JoJo Part 3 anime got confirmed!!!!

faaaantastic

Outbreak Company 2

Loli waifu gets involved, but her being at the highest class also makes her more insufferable when she's conflicting with half elf waifu. Megane Waifu might be a fujoshi, and the gateway to BL.

Also teaching japanese is easy apparently.

Magical Warfare

Madhouse
Cast: Mamoru Miyano, Nao Touyama, Asami Seto, Kenichi Suzumura, Nobuhiko Okamoto
Director: Yuzu Sato
Script/Series Composition: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki
Music: Masato Kouda
nnvPjit.jpg

Wait what is Saber and Gilgamesh doing there

He looks like a Faux Geass user, compelled to watch if that is the case. Though with Madhouse doing this and HxH...does this mean Ace of Diamond will only be just a fall anime?

Articalys

Mikakunin de Shinkoukei new key visual.
Plot reminder:
The comedy revolves around Kobeni Yonomori, who on her 16th birthday suddenly has a young man with little presence named Hakuya Mitsumine and his younger sister Mashiro appear in front of her. It turns out that Hakuya is her fiancé, and Mashiro is her future sister-in-law. The three (and Konbeni's older sister Benio) start living together underneath the same roof, and hilarious happenings occur.

Casshern Sins 9

C3ZeSUJ.jpg

Don't we all.

Here's the main character of this episode. A robot that looks like it's as blazed and comfy as Pururut. Ample amounts of brain problems as well.

I definitely wasn't expecting to shed a few tears by the end of this episode.

The next episode paled in comparison.

At least now Casshern has something to do after hearing a rumor that Luna may yet be alive.

CorvoSol

UC is a timeline, so watch it in this order: Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counter Attack, Unicorn Gundam, (read) Crossbone Gundam, Victory Gundam (please don't watch this).

Then, before you watch Turn A Gundam, also watch G Gundam and Gundam Wing, and also maybe X. After that SEED then SEED Destiny, 00, and AGE if you're desperate.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Tokyo Ravens Episode 2: Right, fuck this show and its horrible love interests with a rusty chainsaw, I have no patience for this, I came here for supernatural action not bad visual novel romance. Dropped like a heavy barbell.

UC is a timeline, so watch it in this order: Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counter Attack, Unicorn Gundam, Gundam F91, (read) Crossbone Gundam, Victory Gundam (please don't watch this).

You forgot one, and it's a good one!

Tenumi

Banned
Kiss x Sis TV: 9 - 12 (END)

Well, that was.... lewder than I expected. Might be the lewdest thing I've watched, and I've watched/am reading all of To LOVE-ru/Darkness.

Don't know if it was worth it. But OVAs await... sometime.

cnet128

Banned
JOJO PART 3 WOOOOOOOOOOO! Finally we're getting it animated in its entirety!

Unless they try and fit it into 2 cours, screw up the pacing and have to skip over stuff. </gratuitouspessimism>

Yowamushi Pedal 2

Fun show is still fun. Not really sure what to write about it though. GO LITTLE OTAKU BOY GO!

Jex

Today's Sentai Filmworks license: Outbreak Company.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/sent...rks-licenses-outbreak-company/724714304222351

And seriously, why is everyone going crazy about JoJo now of all times? We've known that Stardust Crusaders getting animated for TV was practically inevitable for a while now, and there's still not even any visual confirmation for an announcement.

Jo Jo's a fan favorite so even though it's inevitable (especially after they added the 'To be Continued' to BD) the level of excitement is within expected levels.

Articalys

Jo Jo's a fan favorite so even though it's inevitable (especially after they added the 'To be Continued' to BD) the level of excitement is within expected levels.
So is everyone going to go this crazy again when we finally get picture confirmation? Or is all the hype being wasted now?

UC is a timeline, so watch it in this order: Mobile Suit Gundam, 08th MS Team, War in the Pocket, Stardust Memory, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Char's Counter Attack, Unicorn Gundam, (read) Crossbone Gundam, Victory Gundam (please don't watch this).

Then, before you watch Turn A Gundam, also watch G Gundam and Gundam Wing, and also maybe X. After that SEED then SEED Destiny, 00, and AGE if you're desperate.

Thank you! That'll keep me occupied for a while. My experience with mecha is pretty limited though so it's still new-ish, which should help with burning out.

RE: Yozakura Quartet

They're really amping the :cajun in Ao. Like, hardcore.

It even prompted this premature review of the new series on MAL:

Br4nd0nHeat said:
THEY DESTROYED AO CHARACTER!!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!
Ao aren't like she used to be, this new Ao isn't my Ao!!!!
Stupid director, stupid story maker, stupid producer!!! They destroyed the character!!!!

He still gave it 7/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom