• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Listen, Funimation, I understand that "dumb jerk" may be a valid translation for "baka", but if a character is saying "baka baka baka!" over and over, it looks really stupid when the subs read "Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk!"

Motto Ojamajo Doremi 19

This is an odd ball episode, with a weird ass son and a weird ass policeman dad. And everyone catches a case of the weird, especially Doremi, who tells the weird ass son to hide in a fridge AND IN THEIR FUCKING OVEN! Holy shit, Doremi!
SHE WAS SERIOUS TOO

Have to say though, in regards to resolution and whatnot, I didn't feel this one, because.... it's just feels like not much was really learned, and their mother didn't outright help either by saying he does this alot. On top of his dad not going unless Doremi filed a missing persons report. What the hell?

Tokyo Ravens Episode 2: Right, fuck this show and its horrible love interests with a rusty chainsaw, I have no patience for this, I came here for supernatural action not bad visual novel romance. Dropped like a heavy barbell.

If it helps I've read the manga and right after this intro story arc it turns into a battle school/comedy manga with a tiny bit of romance.

cnet128

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 100

100 episodes of
the same OP
! Wooooooooo! Is that some kind of record?

Also, yay Meleoron and Ikarugo. They're kind of fun.

Hunter x Hunter 100

100 episodes of
the same OP
! Wooooooooo! Is that some kind of record?

Also, yay Meleoron and Ikarugo. They're kind of fun.

Well they changed the animation, and had used the departure -second version-...Dont remember toriko changing animation for the 100 episodes Guts Guts was used.
-Oh it did from ep 62 on, but still kept the same song too.

Quasar

I was making a joke about how unappealing and poorly conceived the characters are.

I am kind of amused how uninteresting Mirai is to me compared to every other character in the show. And its not the changes they apparently made to her.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 20

So we're dealing with a "sickly" person who skips school. I sort of understand her. However, there was a big flaw to their methods, in that they didn't really attempt to understand her, or rather, they don't understand why she doesn't come to school, nor did Doremi pry it out of her when she skipped school. She managed to have her want to be Doremi's friend and all but still. Yuki also knows there was a traumatic experience, but we only get a flash back of what basically happened the moment she set her eyes on the school.

Sidenote: Steak happened, and of course, she gets screwed over. Here's a thinker. When Doremi had steak for the first time, it was after a traumatic experience. I wouldn't be surprised that if Doremi actually manages to have steak, it'll be one of the most depressing moments in this show.

Articalys

Wow! This came out of nowhere. NISA has licensed Working!! S2, and it's getting a Blu-ray release! Februrary 4 next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/nisa-adds-2nd-season-of-wagnaria-anime
1hv9eyd.jpg
You can preorder from Right Stuf here.

ANN is also running an interview question contest with director Atsushi Ootsuki where you can win a copy of the set as well.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2013-10-15/wagnaria-season-2-ask-and-win

CorvoSol

Victory's lack of shading killed the visuals for me. It looked so terribly cheap. Backgrounds were okay, but that doesn't save it.

I thought the show looked okay at first. I don't I really started to hate it until they pulled that nonsense with the Mass Driver.

Kiss x Sis TV: 9 - 12 (END)

Well, that was.... lewder than I expected. Might be the lewdest thing I've watched, and I've watched/am reading all of To LOVE-ru/Darkness.

Don't know if it was worth it. But OVAs await... sometime.
I'm pretty sure the oavs are ....lewder

Wow! This came out of nowhere. NISA has licensed Working!! S2, and it's getting a Blu-ray release! Februrary 4 next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/nisa-adds-2nd-season-of-wagnaria-anime

ANN is also running an interview question contest with director Atsushi Ootsuki where you can win a copy of the set as well.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2013-10-15/wagnaria-season-2-ask-and-win

Got season 1 already , will get season 2.

BTW , Does someone have the license for servant x service ?

rpmurphy

Huh, that's kinda random, but I ain't complaining... wkwk

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 20

So we're dealing with a "sickly" person who skips school. I sort of understand her. However, there was a big flaw to their methods, in that they didn't really attempt to understand her, or rather, they don't understand why she doesn't come to school, nor did Doremi pry it out of her when she skipped school. She managed to have her want to be Doremi's friend and all but still. Yuki also knows there was a traumatic experience, but we only get a flash back of what basically happened the moment she set her eyes on the school.
They aren't done with this story yet. At this point it's just Doremi getting her foot in the door.

Narag

Pacific Rim bluray has a brief special feature discussing the importance of mass and scale. Wish more people would take this to heart when it comes to animation.

Branduil

Pacific Rim bluray has a brief special feature discussing the importance of mass and scale. Wish more people would take this to heart when it comes to animation.

Did they also talk about the importance of hiding that mass and scale by setting every battle scene at night?

e_i

That box is AWESOME. It has Popura tripping face first into cake.

Narag

Did they also talk about the importance of hiding that mass and scale by setting every battle scene at night?

No but it's funny because apparently there's all these little scale cues on the Jaegers like hatches and ladders that you never really notice because of just that.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 4

Random plot guess:
John Titor is future Okabe.
I kind of hope that doesn't turn out to be the case though, because it's a little too typical of a twist. Anyways, Kurisu rejoined the party presumably for good this time. Daddy issues awaaaaaaaay. Also Okabe is a master of strategy.

Fate/Zero 3

"This man, Clinton, will be a formidable opponent."

So Kirei basically has an unlimited supply of Assassins. That sucks. Also Kiritsugu stop using your wife as bait while cheating on her with your weapon supplier. Not cool. Looks like we be getting a battle next time! Waver/Rider continue to be great.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 11

Nishizawa-sensei learns to not be a shitty teacher. Seriously, nothing worse than being in a class where everyone goofs off all the damn time and nothing ever gets done. Reminds me of sixth grade. In a class with a bunch of shitheads and had a teacher who had almost no presence at all. We always fell behind and we always got talked to be other teachers and the staff about how we were the :"bad" class. Except this doesn't work because all it does is make the students who do try and aren't constantly fucking up the class feel guilty while all the ones who are fucking things up and don't try don't give a shit.

Well anyway, she learns. She's more energetic and learns to say "Hey, sit down bitches, it's time to learn shit!" And that chalk throw. Nobody should ever fuck with a teacher if they can do that.

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 5

I told you bro, that Chloe girl is gonna be trouble.

I can't help but feel something terrible is gonna happen soon.

jbug617

Banned

Yes!!!!!?

Dresden

You are going to post this after every license announcement until Hyouka does get licensed, aren't you? :)

(this may be something that continues forever)

It just wouldn't feel right if Branduil wasn't there to gripe about it.

I blame the night stuff. I didn't even realize Gipsy Danger was blue until a day or two after the movie and seeing toys and shit.

...mind blown.

Theonik

Acchi Kocchi 03-04
Show still is :cajun as fuck, comedy is kinda hit and miss, though that's pretty normal for most anime comedies. But yeah. Cute son. And fluffy hair.

Tiger & Bunny 04-06
Still good. It seems they are trying to setup an overarching plot now which could either be a hit and a miss we'll see though. I still really hate the suit designs which was also my complaint about Gatchaman Crowds that was from the same mechanical designer.
The post title is in honour of Blue Rose which still has the best catchphrase and is presently also best girl.

cnet128

Banned
Pokemon: The Origin 1-4 END

Whew, finally found time to watch this. It was worth the wait. Red da best.

The characterisation they came up for all the game characters who showed up was really nice. Simple, but they felt pretty unique and effective while still being very true to the game. Brock was such a bro. (I liked how they justified how relatively "weak" he was in the games by having him specifically choose to fight with Pokemon that matched how many badges the challenger had earned. That made a lot of sense, and can quite easily be extended to apply to most of the other Gym Leaders.) And of course the battles and just the representation of the Pokemon in general was gorgeous.

Oh, and of course Red made the right choices where it counted. Charmander? Of course you choose Charmander. Why would the other two even be an option. Kabutops? Well, duh, Omastar is a loser. Hitmonlee? Uhhhhh...I'll give you a pass on that one. Everyone makes one mistake. And hey, at least you got
the right version of Charizardite! X is where it's at!

Now if only I wasn't watching so many shows, I might even have time to play some more of Pokemon X >.<

Steins;Gate 4

Random plot guess:
John Titor is future Okabe.
I kind of hope that doesn't turn out to be the case though, because it's a little too typical of a twist. Anyways, Kurisu rejoined the party presumably for good this time. Daddy issues awaaaaaaaay. Also Okabe is a master of strategy.

Fate/Zero 3

"This man, Clinton, will be a formidable opponent."

So Kirei basically has an unlimited supply of Assassins. That sucks. Also Kiritsugu stop using your wife as bait while cheating on her with your weapon supplier. Not cool. Looks like we be getting a battle next time! Waver/Rider continue to be great.

There's more to their marriage than meets the eye, Like a transformer.

CorvoSol

I have 2 new pokemon games, another class at 7, and homework.

I should browse this tumblr of pictures making fun of CAD's abortion arc.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Magical Girl Pretty Sammy TV 9-26 END

QVJ6sZq.jpg

E6054dR.jpg

Shit got surprisingly real, but not without forgetting its sense of humor at the same time. Pretty much like Slayers in that respect. All in all, a better Nanoha than Nanoha.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Did the creator of Fairy Tale actually approve this figure's design?

K6oAUWg.jpg

It's even worse after you see the zippers on the bikini.

I find this hyper sexualization of certain characters hilarious in how it is non-chalantly done. Two other characters I've seen that, even though they came from already risque titles, became the sexual mascots of the series are Kanu from Ikkitousen and Tamaki from To Heart 2. Tamaki in particular has the sluttiest looking figures in comparison to her appearance in the game/anime.

You've got it man, that's the only explanation for a Transformer.

Hmmm. I know I asked earlier, but searching around the web I can't seem to find anything that confirms whether the upcoming Fate Stay Night anime is:

- A remake of the Fate route or the Heaven's Feel route.
- A movie or a tv series.

A tv series would be the most logical choice since if they do a movie they'd have to do like the Unlimited Bladeworks film where they completely skipped all the exposition/character introductions and jumped straight to the action assuming you knew the characters. Plus the Fate route has a crappy ending compared to the other two.

CorvoSol

Do you know of another CAD comic that people can gather together to mock? Aside from the one where he founds his own religion and then strawmans his way to the top of the religious world?

Did the creator of Fairy Tale actually approve this figure's design?

K6oAUWg.jpg

It's even worse after you see the zippers on the bikini.

I find this hyper sexualization of certain characters hilarious in how it is non-chalantly done. Two other characters I've seen that, even though they came from already risque titles, became the sexual mascots of the series are Kanu from Ikkitousen and Tamaki from To Heart 2. Tamaki in particular has the sluttiest looking figures in comparison to her appearance in the game/anime.

If this was SAO she'd be in a thong and also 10.

If this was Gundam AGE she'd be naked, have Flit's 90 year old self plastered to her body, and be 5.

Gundam AGE supports pedophilia. And Nazis. And Genocide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom