• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Start with the original Mobile Suit Gundam, and work your way through the UC time line in chronological order. It's the best way for any of it to make sense if your new to the series. If you get tired of the UC time line you can always drift off to other Gundam series for a bit like G-Gundam or Gundamn Wing-though you might wanna be weary of Gundam X. I enjoyed it but I don't know many that did.

I loved X. My favorite Gundam AU. I only wish there wasn't such an animation drop in the final two episodes... It's pretty noticeable how stock footage heavy they were after most of the show avoided doing that - some of it was decently disguised - like everyone mimicking opening scenes in the last episode, but others not so much (grab and claw attack again and again...).

cajunator

Banned
I just saw this on my twitter feed and I felt like sharing. lol

https://twitter.com/AgohigeX/status/390099012415537152/photo/1

bwno_cacqaijhire8upw.png

Thats.....no

I'm not crying. It's just been raining... on my face.
tumblr_mkmwzhUo9g1s9m4lro1_500.gif

NO.
Leave Kanna alone ;_;
That reminds me...a rather nice figure of her should be releasing soon.

Wait. wat.

:kayo~s

Has Ufotable been working on any new anime series?

I ask because they're easily one of my favorite anime companies and the last thing I remember reading about them is how they were working on a film based in the Heaven's Feel arc for FSN.

Yeah theyre gonna give FSN a go. I actually enjoyed the original one for various reasons but they still have to put Shirou in it and that presents a nearly impossible challenge to make it good.

Did the creator of Fairy Tale actually approve this figure's design?

K6oAUWg.jpg

It's even worse after you see the zippers on the bikini.

I find this hyper sexualization of certain characters hilarious in how it is non-chalantly done. Two other characters I've seen that, even though they came from already risque titles, became the sexual mascots of the series are Kanu from Ikkitousen and Tamaki from To Heart 2. Tamaki in particular has the sluttiest looking figures in comparison to her appearance in the game/anime.

Yes this totally looks like something the creator would approve.

cnet128

Banned
Did the creator of Fairy Tale actually approve this figure's design?

K6oAUWg.jpg

It's even worse after you see the zippers on the bikini.

Yeah, uhhhhh... Mashima has no issues with sexualising his female characters. That's like half the appeal of the manga. Admittedly that figure takes it a little further in a crude direction than the manga generally does, but Mashima himself still probably bought ten copies already.

Thats.....no

Why would you even quote that. WE WERE TRYING TO FORGET

cajunator

Banned
Mahou Sensou confirmed to start airing in January 2014, matching the leak from the manga's artist a while back.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...no-nao-toyama-lead-magical-warfare-anime-cast

Director: Yuzu Sato (Iron Man, Kaiji, One Outs)
Series Composition: Kazuyuki Fudeyasu (Ben-To, Kampfer, Hajime no Ippo New Challenger)
Character Design: Ryouma Ebata (Busou Shinki)
Animation Production: Madhouse

Lead cast: Mamoru Miyano (upper-right corner), Nao Toyama (center), Asami Seto (lower left corner), Kenichi Suzumura (lower right corner), Nobuhiko Okamoto (character not pictured)

Hmm. Looks type moon-ish

So, since I was only watching two shows this season I decided to watch a bunch of random ones. Of course I respect the three episode rule (which is why I'm still watching KnK) so I'll be sticking with all these for now.

Gingitsune i.e. that one with the wolf bloke.
Pretty cool.

Samurai Flamenco i.e. that one with the cosplaying model
Hmmm... shame the OP isn't at all up there with the like of Astro Fighters and the Gachi Rangers theme.

NouKome i.e. that one the multiple choice questions
Apart from the massive choices throughout history this was pretty bad. Humour was really forced.

Non Non Biyori i.e. that one without anything cos its the countryside
Akari~n award.

Galilei Donna i.e that one with the robotic goldfish
Better than SAO. Well done A1!

Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! i.e. iDOLWR@STLER (happy now Theonik?)
Hot.

So anything else that I should check out?

Unbreakable machine squees :D

I like the style. Very adorable. Hopefully its a bit of laid back SOL with a dose of wackiness now and then.

RE: Yozakura Quartet

They're really amping the :cajun in Ao. Like, hardcore.

I like what Im reading. WIll check this show out tonight.

Hyouka 12-17

"You know a masterpiece when you see one, right?" Yes, Mayaka, I certainly do.

Youre in the good part of Hyouka finally!

Im ok with this.

Steins;Gate 3

I have to say, I'm rather curious how Okabe's character is handled in the VN when you play as him. It seems like a lot of his personality comes from him acting in weird, baffling, paranoid ways, and that wouldn't really work when he's the player avatar and you're inside his head.

I really like the interaction between Kurisu and Okabe, they play off each other really well. This series basically continues as it has been going: Good funny bits, good mystery. I like that both John Titor and CERN (don't know why it's spelled with an S in the show, I assume a translation quirk) are real things, makes it feel a bit more grounded.

Are there any other shows that have a kind of combined slice of life and mystery feel like the first half of this show does?

Kurisu and Okarin play off each other well. The characters in general do and the interactions are really fun to watch on their own. Then the story kicks in and wow.

Steins;Gate 3

I have to say, I'm rather curious how Okabe's character is handled in the VN when you play as him. It seems like a lot of his personality comes from him acting in weird, baffling, paranoid ways, and that wouldn't really work when he's the player avatar and you're inside his head.

I really like the interaction between Kurisu and Okabe, they play off each other really well. This series basically continues as it has been going: Good funny bits, good mystery. I like that both John Titor and CERN (don't know why it's spelled with an S in the show, I assume a translation quirk) are real things, makes it feel a bit more grounded.

Are there any other shows that have a kind of combined slice of life and mystery feel like the first half of this show does?

Only thing I know about the gameplay mechanics of the VN is that it involves a lot of text messages and phone calls. Which sounds pretty interesting.

I always assumed that the fact that they spelled CERN as SERN was to avoid any legal trouble. Just like IBM as IBN.

And the only other one I can think of off the top of my hat is Hyouka, but you've probably seen it, and it doesn't feel anything like S;G at all.

Gazoinks

Only thing I know about the gameplay mechanics of the VN is that it involves a lot of text messages and phone calls. Which sounds pretty interesting.

I always assumed that the fact that they spelled CERN as SERN was to avoid any legal trouble. Just like IBM as IBN.

And the only other one I can think of off the top of my hat is Hyouka, but you've probably seen it, and it doesn't feel anything like S;G at all.

Yeah, I was reading about it on wiki, apparently instead of traditional VN stuff all the choices come from sending or not sending texts, which is interesting.

I have no idea what the legal rules are on that sort of thing, but that makes.

I haven't seen Hyouka, but I keep hearing people talking about how great it is, so it's on my list.

cajunator

Banned
Also, for Kurita, the MAN WITH A MISSION opening song for Log Horizon sold 34,325 copies for its first week on sale, which I think is pretty good. Dunno how well their singles usually sell.

Im not sold on this song. Guess I just dont like the music style much.

GBF yesterday, Pacific Rim today. It's a good week to be a mecha fan.

OH MY GOD. Im gonna get the bluray tonight. TONIGHT. I must have it!

Is KyoAni really interesting in being a business? How can anyone read the KnK script and think "I'm sure people will buy this shit"?

*raises hand
*also planning to buy for Mirai and cat milf

cajunator

Banned
If it helps I've read the manga and right after this intro story arc it turns into a battle school/comedy manga with a tiny bit of romance.

Sounds very Medaka Box...sorta

Wow! This came out of nowhere. NISA has licensed Working!! S2, and it's getting a Blu-ray release! Februrary 4 next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/nisa-adds-2nd-season-of-wagnaria-anime

You can preorder from Right Stuf here.

ANN is also running an interview question contest with director Atsushi Ootsuki where you can win a copy of the set as well.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2013-10-15/wagnaria-season-2-ask-and-win

OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDD
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steins;Gate 4

Random plot guess:
John Titor is future Okabe.
I kind of hope that doesn't turn out to be the case though, because it's a little too typical of a twist. Anyways, Kurisu rejoined the party presumably for good this time. Daddy issues awaaaaaaaay. Also Okabe is a master of strategy.

Fate/Zero 3

"This man, Clinton, will be a formidable opponent."

So Kirei basically has an unlimited supply of Assassins. That sucks. Also Kiritsugu stop using your wife as bait while cheating on her with your weapon supplier. Not cool. Looks like we be getting a battle next time! Waver/Rider continue to be great.

It will be so much fun reading reactions from both of these :D

Acchi Kocchi 03-04
Show still is :cajun as fuck, comedy is kinda hit and miss, though that's pretty normal for most anime comedies. But yeah. Cute son. And fluffy hair.

Tiger & Bunny 04-06
Still good. It seems they are trying to setup an overarching plot now which could either be a hit and a miss we'll see though. I still really hate the suit designs which was also my complaint about Gatchaman Crowds that was from the same mechanical designer.
The post title is in honour of Blue Rose which still has the best catchphrase and is presently also best girl.

Yes Acchi Kocchi is a miracle of hnngh. Its really light hearted and innocent and highly enjoyable. A bnit slow paced though. but god if Tsumiki isnt one of the cutest characters in all of anime!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int...o-body-pillows-smell-so-fresh-and-so-ap-clean

(NSFW and really not safe for life - just like anything else involving OreImo)

Dammit. Sold out in a day :(

Dat Ruri

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Saw this chick at Barnes and Noble watching an anime on one of the nook tablets. It had a flat pastel style animation and a brown cat, only saw a glimpse since I didn't want her to notice me. I know, it probably impossible given my bad description, but maybe one of you guys can help.

Or just list some good slice of life movies that have been released recently. Non Non Biyori has me looking for a rural based anime. Would prefer s movie though, although anything in welcomed.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Saw this chick at Barnes and Noble watching an anime on one of the nook tablets. It had a flat pastel style animation and a brown cat, only saw a glimpse since I didn't want her to notice me. I know, it probably impossible given my bad description, but maybe one of you guys can help.
Maybe Poyopoyo.

Wow! This came out of nowhere. NISA has licensed Working!! S2, and it's getting a Blu-ray release! Februrary 4 next year.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-15/nisa-adds-2nd-season-of-wagnaria-anime

You can preorder from Right Stuf here.

ANN is also running an interview question contest with director Atsushi Ootsuki where you can win a copy of the set as well.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/contest/2013-10-15/wagnaria-season-2-ask-and-win

Time for Yamada-kun to shine.

Magical Warfare

Madhouse
Cast: Mamoru Miyano, Nao Touyama, Asami Seto, Kenichi Suzumura, Nobuhiko Okamoto
Director: Yuzu Sato
Script/Series Composition: Fudeyasu Kazuyuki
Music: Masato Kouda

Wait what is Saber and Gilgamesh doing there

In it for the voice cast.

Eh I'm sure if I searched around throughout books, tv shows and media of all countries I'd find that throughout history there have been quite a lot of things dealing with the topic.

Les-Cousins-Dangereux-george-michael-and-maeby-861973_500_280.jpg

As to whether it's socially acceptable/more common/not as looked down upon by the media it's another argument. I can't think of the last western tv show I saw where incest was a topic outside of Game of Thrones. Whereas I can list quite a couple of anime, both recent and dating as early as the 90's with something dealing with brother/sister complex. Sure it's otaku culture and that isn't exactly a representation of Japan, but then you consider other stuff.

cajunator

Banned

Or just list some good slice of life movies that have been released recently. Non Non Biyori has me looking for a rural based anime. Would prefer s movie though, although anything in welcomed.

I woulda walked up and asked what it was.

BlazBlue - Alter Memory 02

Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dumb jerk! Dump jerk!

Still in it for the Sugita. Though it was still pretty enjoyable.

Soma

Apocalypse Zero 1-2

Y'know.

This wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected given its notoriety.

I mean it's still pretty damn bad but I also wasn't expecting it to be so fucking hilarious. I swear I lost my shit at the
demon who uses his penis as a microphone to sing so badly that he tortures his enemies.
Maybe I'm just a little desensitized after watching/reading certain things.

I don't think I would ever recommend this to anyone though.

One day, we'll stop watching bad Video game animes, but that's asking for the moon.

I generally agree that anime adaptations aren't nearly as good as the video game, and for 90% of the time this is true. But even though those who have played the game say the game's plot is better (well no duh considering the time difference) I thought the Dangan Ronpa anime was solid. I've never seen the P4 anime but I also hear it isn't half bad. I tried watching it but the japanese voice actors were cancer to my ear after I got used to the english voices in P4G.

cajunator

Banned
Apocalypse Zero 1-2

Y'know.

This wasn't nearly as terrible as I expected given its notoriety.

I mean it's still pretty damn bad but I also wasn't expecting it to be so fucking hilarious. I swear I lost my shit at the
demon who uses his penis as a microphone to sing so badly that he tortures his enemies.
Maybe I'm just a little desensitized after watching/reading certain things.

I don't think I would ever recommend this to anyone though.

Its fucking terrible.

HxH 100
tumblr_muq7eoMz1x1sohzu5o1_400.gif

I dont understand why he likes to make Killua go through so many trials and tribulations crossing great distances even, these arcs but its getting extremely annoying for me. Why cant Killua ever be fully safe and such
being blasted, going through excessive bleeding, emotionally crushed this arc, and then pushed to side on the romance aspect of the series, he just cant get any break at all
. Oh well, highly good for us Killua fans.

hunter x hunter - 100

We have reached 100 eps !!!

bless the shonen god.

Hunter%20X%20Hunter%20-%20100.jpg

As if kilua even cares.

Fairly mild episode , killua is kicking ass , as usual ..i'd sit back en enjoy the show.

HxH 100
tumblr_muq7eoMz1x1sohzu5o1_400.gif

I dont understand why he likes to make Killua go through so many trials and tribulations crossing great distances even, these arcs but its getting extremely annoying for me. Why cant Killua ever be fully safe and such
being blasted, going through excessive bleeding, emotionally crushed this arc, and then pushed to side on the romance aspect of the series, he just cant get any break at all
. Oh well, highly good for us Killua fans.

??
Romance ?? what romance ? When ? Where ? this is friendship !

Also killua has this trial because he is willing to get his hands dirty , something he doesn't want gon to do , as his friend.

You could also argue that kilua is just awesome.

Blaz Blue 02

aka

The blonde girl doing her best chicken impression (BAAAAAKA!)

This is still underwhelming and as somebody who hasn't played the games the characters and story so far have been extremely meh. Only reason I'm not dropping it is because there's nothing better to watch on tuesday besides one other show.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 01

Koko ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Hnnnnnnnngh

this show is going to be wonderful.
Shes a bit smothering though lol. Give the dude some space!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Log Horizon 02
This show is extremely dry, but there are certain aspects to it that are just kind of admirable and in turn endearing. Like, the main character isn't some gung-ho warrior or assassin, he's just this support-type character that excels by assisting others. Additionally, the story isn't about escaping the world or overcoming some super evil to save existence as we know it, there are just reasonable goals being set to let the story unfurl on its own. By sort of embracing its own simplicity I find it somewhat easier to overlook that the world is not even remotely fleshed out.
Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15
[Nadeko intensifies]
iFVSSyY.gif

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
On the sexualization avenue, I was surprised to see this was an official poster for Valkyrie Chronicles 3.

ilf7EJ4.jpg

Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 15
[Nadeko intensifies]

i'm pretty sure you felt something ...

-------------------

POkemon the Origin - 01

I have to admit , that was quite good ... i'm actually hit by some nostalgia

Pokemon%20The%20Origin%20-%2001.jpg

As expected of my rival.

This is straight up great .. light years from the regular anime and so good ...it was actually ABOUT pokemon the game and not just some cash grab..
The battle was fairly simple, but all starting battles in pokemon are .. and even then they managed to reach a decent output .

This is the result of having an anime about pokemon and their world , rather than a anime about characters in a pokemon world , the former is just better ..

On the sexualization avenue, I was surprised to see this was an official poster for Valkyrie Chronicles 3.

ilf7EJ4.jpg

The dress code for royal parties are ... VERY INTRESTING ... a shame that the king in question was a straight up moron

Tokyo Ravens Episode 2 SHAMAN CLAN -Confession-
tumblr_muqnozxvI91qbxqfpo1_500.png

Powerful episode, Harutora is amazing but then
having to see him all teary eyed, screaming and yelling in the ran when Hokuto changed into familiar form was too sad, and kind of unforgettable. Actually it was just plain shocking seeing her take it to the chest and then just say she was fooling him and turning into paper. Confused at first but then said to see that he had a bond so strong that now was empty :(.

Ending song overplaying what happened made for a really beautiful scene.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 21

Confirm that DokiDoki Precure is ripping off Ojamajo Doremi, but making an entire episode out of it
Don't take this seriously

But that's not the main focus, although it's something that gets resolved,, but we're out of magical ingredients, whatever shall we do!? We'll call the Watchmen Majo Don, and do fetch quests and making her realize that we're still the shiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom