• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Monogatari ep 13

Shamalan twist.jpg

Holy shit, this is no doubt the best of Nioshin writing, clearly could not see this coming and I got to give props to Kana Hanazawa for that superb job she been voicing considering NiOshin wrote this arc for her after the interview.

CorvoSol

On the sexualization avenue, I was surprised to see this was an official poster for Valkyrie Chronicles 3.

ilf7EJ4.jpg

Them's some Rob Liefeld angles.

yeah mashima even doing panties now i hear. Still shounen stuff is priority of FT, but someday the line will be crossed.

shame the anime is on kids tv time.

Mashima always did panties, it's just not a full scale view before now, more like a glimpse.

Will say though, dat latest chapter. Hometown and Life everywhere.

hmmm really should catch up on manga. stopped around when the anime ended.

hxh 100

100 yayburgers!

Soo many new ants... some designs... cooler than the others lol. Those fleas give me the shivers. ewww..

BlazBlue: Alter Memory Episode 2 The Azure Successor

They could have really focused more on trying to include some plot in here, as I think its really just not being helpful for people who never played the game. Motiviations, and even events and happenings are just not explained well and leaves alot on assumptions. Fighting too isnt even up to par still where it seems like they are taking shortcuts in fights, throwing blows then quickly cutting to something else. Every hit feels weak as well. Good music though.

I caught up on the manga after the anime-exclusive arc. No point for me in waiting when the manga is leagues ahead.

Didn't they announce that the anime was coming back? I wonder why nothing's been said about that. Surely the manga has reached a point where it's far enough to at least announce a new airdate or something.

I caught up on the manga after the anime-exclusive arc. No point for me in waiting when the manga is leagues ahead.

Didn't they announce that the anime was coming back? I wonder why nothing's been said about that. Surely the manga has reached a point where it's far enough to at least announce a new airdate or something.

For fairytail, theres only like half the fighting fest unanimated and then the little bit of this current arc. Theyd catch up pretty fast since Fairy Tail anime adapts at a fast pace too.

Selvaria's character design was so random. Everyone in VC1 looked pretty reasonable, but then suddenly the largest tits you've ever seen. Ah, yes, these seem like very reasonable proportions.

Look at those assets .... the king was really a fool to ignore this...

He ignored a devoted follower that was one of the last of a super human race all for nothing ... if he just took advantage of this , not only he would have won, but he would have been unstoppable. Instead he just died like a fool.

i mean Look at that ...... you have to be a gigantic moron to ignore this.

For fairytail, theres only like half the fighting fest unanimated and then the little bit of this current arc. Theyd catch up pretty fast since Fairy Tail anime adapts at a fast pace too.

Quite obvious that they will include a filler after the tournament ends , to prevent the anime to catch - up fast..thankfully fairy tail world is quite un explored for the viewers, especially after the "jump" there is clearly some material for filler territroy to take advantage of

I remember reading Fairy Tail at one point. Then the "meet the newest baddie he's more powerful than you" formula got boring so I stopped. Not to blame it exclusively on Fairy Tail since it's a general shonen issue, but shonens just don't appeal to me as much as they used to. Besides Jojo and Shingeki No Kyojin.

As an item of discussion what has been your favorite bastardization of a real brand in an anime? By favorite it could be either you laughed at the name or you didn't think this could ever appear in an anime.

For me?

Good Ol' Heireken. Amen Harrerrrujah Peanut-uh Butt-aaaaa.Though everything in Brack Ragoon was fantastic. Runner-up would be whatever recent anime I watched where McDonald's was called like McRonards or something.

Pokemon the origin - 03
Actual team rocket bad guys acting as bad guys ?? Sogood.gif

2nd episode was quite good..i wish they could have adapted some other moments , but it's nice to see Red acting confident , rather than dubious even if his moves aren't optimised ..
The show still is giving a great vibe overall .

Vecks

Hunter x Hunter 100

Killua being awesome. That's what I wanted to see and that's what I got. Even when he's hiding his abilities, he'll still tear everybody apart. As for Gon, even though I've read the manga, I still chuckled at the part where he just instantly trusted Meleoron. Anyway, to me this feels like the turning point of the arc. Up until this point, with the exception of a few ants, most of them were shown to be heartless, ruthless, sadistic beasts. Colt may have shown some compassion and sorrow, but that was due to memories of his past life (more of a subconscious thing).
Meleoron, however, is different. He made a conscious decision to side with the hunters against the king, even though, at this point, the odds are definitely in the king's favor.

Just how bad is the Danganronpa anime adaptation? Playing the game now and it's got me pumped

As somebody who didn't play the game, it was quite enjoyable and experimental looking for anime.

From what I read of those playing the game:
- First case and last case are done justice while basically the rest of them are cut down to the bone to be able to fit them in a 12 episode anime. I personally didn't see many issues but like I said, never played the game.

Just how bad is the Danganronpa anime adaptation? Playing the game now and it's got me pumped

Toss out any form of the optional characterization and just about the bare bones of the cases that'll still make sense.

It wasn't bad though and still enjoyable to watch.

The best ED too.

Toss out any form of the optional characterization and just about the bare bones of the cases that'll still make sense.

It wasn't bad though and still enjoyable to watch.

The best ED too.

This is probably the oddest part of Danganronpa for me, the only way to really learn anything about the characters and their motivations most of the time is via the free time social links, and even then half the time what you learn in that has no impact on how the rest of the game plays out. Then you have the fact that certain characters die really early meaning you have to replay those chapters to get their social links up. Worse is that even if you knew who's going to die you have to replay chapters 2-3 times to max them out simply because the game doesn't give you enough free time before they get waxed.

So after fanboying over Madoka Magika to my friends they made fun me most notably calling me an emotional masochist... more importantly I was suggested a list of animes and one that came up was Anohana: The Flower We Say That Day. Quick wikipedia says it's not that long with just 11 episodes so I decided to give it a shot.

Anohana 01-02

So far it's not bad, I had feels but they're were mostly bittersweet/pseudo-nostalgic ones as the 'incident' is quickly explained from the get go. So far a story about friends that drifted apart and during the same time a tragedy happened. Is the tragedy the cause of said drifting? I predict that's what this show is going to center on while bringing in the group of childhood friends back together as the episodes progress.

Yeah I'm expecting feels but what I've seen so far I don't think it's going to give me the same 'intense' feels I've had from Stein's Gate, Penguindrum, and Madoka Magika. But hey, we'll see.

Edit: Oh yeah one more thing, I really enjoy the OP

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 12

sYJTMcX.png

Greg Schiano approves this message.

Butthead Kotake learns the value of teamwork. Or something. Honestly I wouldn't have blamed Itou if he told Kotake to eat a dick. He was being a pill. He's kind of a pill in general. I wouldn't mind if no more episodes focused on him.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 12

Butthead Kotake learns the value of teamwork. Or something. Honestly I wouldn't have blamed Itou if he told Kotake to eat a dick. He was being a pill. He's kind of a pill in general. I wouldn't mind if no more episodes focused on him.

Sadly, that ideal world isn't here. Or at least that's my hunch.

Being a pill, lol.

I loved X. Jamil makes that show worthwhile.

I liked the mech designs in Gundam X. Thats what kept me coming back. It's a shame Gundam X was a dud in Japan. I think it was one of the worst performing Gundam until AGE lol. I'd like to have seen more X.

I loved X. My favorite Gundam AU. I only wish there wasn't such an animation drop in the final two episodes... It's pretty noticeable how stock footage heavy they were after most of the show avoided doing that - some of it was decently disguised - like everyone mimicking opening scenes in the last episode, but others not so much (grab and claw attack again and again...).

I think that had a lot to do with the ratings and possibly getting their budget slashed. It had such bad ratings they moved it to a morning time slot at a god awful early hour.

I remember reading Fairy Tail at one point. Then the "meet the newest baddie he's more powerful than you" formula got boring so I stopped. Not to blame it exclusively on Fairy Tail since it's a general shonen issue, but shonens just don't appeal to me as much as they used to. Besides Jojo and Shingeki No Kyojin.

As an item of discussion what has been your favorite bastardization of a real brand in an anime? By favorite it could be either you laughed at the name or you didn't think this could ever appear in an anime.

For me?

Good Ol' Heireken. Amen Harrerrrujah Peanut-uh Butt-aaaaa.Though everything in Brack Ragoon was fantastic. Runner-up would be whatever recent anime I watched where McDonald's was called like McRonards or something.

There were so many bastardized whisk(e)y brands in Polar Bear Cafe pretty much every time anyone went to Grizzly's bar. A lot of them were single malt, too.

As somebody who didn't play the game, it was quite enjoyable and experimental looking for anime.

From what I read of those playing the game:
- First case and last case are done justice while basically the rest of them are cut down to the bone to be able to fit them in a 12 episode anime. I personally didn't see many issues but like I said, never played the game.

Actually only the last case was done properly .

The first case had plenty of cuts ( even if the flow of events remained mostly the same ) , it was still a dumbed down version.

it became decent in anime toward the end , because the game narrative is that strong , but the anime did a terrible job with it.

Anohana 01-02

So far it's not bad, I had feels but they're were mostly bittersweet/pseudo-nostalgic ones as the 'incident' is quickly explained from the get go. So far a story about friends that drifted apart and during the same time a tragedy happened. Is the tragedy the cause of said drifting? I predict that's what this show is going to center on while bringing in the group of childhood friends back together as the episodes progress.

Yeah I'm expecting feels but what I've seen so far I don't think it's going to give me the same 'intense' feels I've had from Stein's Gate, Penguindrum, and Madoka Magika. But hey, we'll see.

Edit: Oh yeah one more thing, I really enjoy the OP

That show is melodrama at its best. And I don't mean that negatively I mean it in a positive way (lol)

The death is the driving force of the drama, but the way they've all changed, certain secrets, feelings and issues are also driving forces. The only reason I'm looking forward to the movie is to skip the whole thing until I get to the new material that takes place after the anime ends.

POkemon The origin - 03

AWESOME.
AH this episode was superb

20mins of giovanni ..

It was so good.

Pokemon%20The%20Origin%20-%2003_01.jpg

it was easy dude.
Pokemon%20The%20Origin%20-%2003_02.jpg

If he was just a little more on the left , i could have made a fate stay night joke with a "Are you my master" but i can't.

Intro was cool , the second encounter was way more messier than expected. it was actually a good change of pace.

Second part was bollock-it's-so-freaking-good kinda good, with the reveal & the clash of ideas , the internal monologue was actually a nice touch , that explained things and tied the ending properly , the animation during the fight was great and the final strech was a good moment , truly it was awesome.

Pokemon%20The%20Origin%20-%2003_03.jpg

OMG it's actually animated.

As of ep 3 , those specials are trully nailing the first pokemon Gen feelign perfectly ... A real shame that the real pokemon anime wasn't more like this and instead went for the boring route ...

Articalys

Oneechan ga Kita Sisterly Love 4-Panel Manga Gets TV Anime
The story revolves around Tomoya Mizuhara, a 13-year-old boy who suddenly gains a big sister when his father remarries. 17-year-old Ichika is a little strange, and her affection for Tomoya is rather overwhelming, if not scary. On top of things, Ichika's friend Ruri is the ultimate sadist. Then there is Ichika's big-breasted quarter-Japanese friend Marina.
Yep, that sounds like a comedy 4koma alright.

cajunator

Banned
So after fanboying over Madoka Magika to my friends they made fun me most notably calling me an emotional masochist... more importantly I was suggested a list of animes and one that came up was Anohana: The Flower We Say That Day. Quick wikipedia says it's not that long with just 11 episodes so I decided to give it a shot.

Anohana 01-02

Ano hana is a weird show. It has a big heart and a touching story but it goes way off the rails for whatever reason.

mAcOdIn

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 2

Waaaaait... The bit at the end of this episode gives me the impression that they're turning this into a harem anime where all the battleships want the main character as their captain. XD

Still, it's a fun show. I like it.
Lololololololol. I'm pretty sure it'll turn into a harem but I don't think it was episode 2 that gave that away, more like, outside of turning it into a harem there's absolutely no reason for the enemy to be all girls, or objects that traditionally had human crews in the first place. So really the setting from the start was just telegraphing that it'd be a harem.
Arpeggio of Blue Steel ep.2

Still okay. Hopefully the next episode won't center practically entirely on one scene like this one did.
Actually, I like it when an episode centers on a single battle, I rather like that pacing myself.
As long as he fights with them, I won't care. If he gets a harem/fleet of ships, that could actually be a good thing!
Hmm, i dunno. I both like the idea of the lone submarine going up against the world(hey it's a nostalgic theme) and large naval battles but I don't like harem antics so having this "fleet" bicker and do harem shenanigans while shooting missiles and shit would be kind of a turn off. I'd actually rather each one get their own captain and human crew.

Infinite Stratos 2 - 1
Did you read my reviews of the first episode? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=84661329&postcount=3134 Yeah, the show feels very different, and not as good. The characters are kind of recognizable, but they have all changed a bit for the worse, and the fake yuri is mostly new of course as well. I don't know if it's quite an alternate dimension, but it's definitely not the same as the first season, unfortunately.
Well I hadn't at the time, reading it now gives me some insight into the mind of a deranged fan though! Like, I can't tell if you mean Laura and Charlotte hanging out was the highlight means it was actually good and a real treat or if it was just the best part of a terrible episode but still a crappy part. it's always hard to tell with you because you seem to like the things you say you hate. Hell, in the review you said you may have to lower, or, raise the score, what the hell does that mean? Are you creating multiple ABFs in your head that went each way or somethin'?

Regarding Outbreak Company
I haven't watched this series yet, and I'm not sure if I will, but a while earlier I said how anime with Western settings almost never gets the setting even remotely right. That fantasy anime trend of suspiciously modern "fantasy" worlds is a definite part of that problem; somehow anime/manga writers don't seem to understand that you can't have feudal Middle Ages stuff and modern technology ("it's magic" or "it's technology", either way the tech is the same) happily co-existing... but somehow they write things that way, again and again and again. It's really, really stupid.

So, if you're thinking that seriously about issues related to that problem -- and yes, those are good questions that you ask there -- about such a stupid premise as one like the one that anime seems to have, yes, I think you're overthinking it, unfortunately... I highly doubt that it'll address any of those issues. Of course it SHOULD, but will it? Yeah, no.

Also, translate? Hah! As if, isn't it easier to just teach everyone Japanese? I mean, it's so easy to learn... oh wait, yeah, that idea is pretty ridiculous. No medieval peasant would have the time to learn Japanese -- character-based languages take a lot of time and focus to learn, and most medieval peasants in the West couldn't even write our alphabetic languages, much less learn characters!

On that note, fantasy worlds generally conveniently forget that most people should be illiterate... sure, some upper classes (mages, some nobles, merchants, clerics, and such) would learn how to read and write, but not most people below that.
Thinking about the problems in that fantasy world aren't too out of place for the viewer I think because the show itself addresses them. It's got illiteracy, slavery, classes, the poverty and lack of time that comes with being an agricultural society for the peasants, racism, the viewer isn't just asking themselves where that stuff is, the main character is observing it and pointing out how those things are hindrances to his mission of exporting anime and manga to that society.

What is unknown about Outbreak Company is how realistic it would treat any changes to this society. Is it going to go the super happy route and just turn the country into Little Japan overnight or are they going to go a little deeper and maybe show some of the problems that arise when you do start unraveling a fuedal society?
Looking for a new anime to get into, typically like the Sci-fi/Fantasy stuff. Like Steins Gate, Code Geass, Full Metal, Attack on Titan, Hunter x Hunter, Fate Zero, Zetsuen No Tempest, Magi, I also liked Btoom and Death Note. Any recommendations from this season or even past ones?
Don't know how far back you wanna go but everyone should watch Twelve Kingdoms.

Even Liefeld would impressed by that breast to waist ratio.

Dang it, Corvo.

i see nothing wrong ..
my eyes are pleased ... to be sure i'll ask for another opinion.
What do you think , chet ?

Anyway ,why does this picture make me think of Shōji Satō drawings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom