• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ano hana is a weird show. It has a big heart and a touching story but it goes way off the rails for whatever reason.

Huh, well I don't see anything "off the rails" atm but I guess I'll see soon.

Anohana 03-04

Yay conflict! Really interesting seeing how the dynamics of Jintan, Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko play out. All the hidden feelings/tension is starting to unwind, interested in seeing what result will come out of it.

POkemon The origin - 04

Praise the beautifull animation!!

The 2 fights in this episode were great

Pokemon%20The%20Origin%20-%2004.jpg

What a Twist !

Now it's clear , if you can only see one , watch pokemon origins, it's the best pokemon animated stuff ever made ...it's simple , to the point , deliver a proper narrative and it's very nicely animated

ABOUT THE FINAL FIGHT
i don't need a mega evolution to beat mewtwo lol ...Stupid guys to try to include new mecanics in the first gen...i'll forgive them but only because the fight was great ...

Mature

I loved the final fight of Pokemon Origins because it proved
the greatness that is Swift. Loved that attack as a kid.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 13

Hana's going to be even more trouble for them now, seeing as how she's mobile. But her growing up and now talking a bit leads to some heartwarming moments like in this episode. Plus she's still adorable. Second best character behind only Pop.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Pop? I know she only appears once in a while, but damn, she hasn't even been seen for like ten episodes now. Has this show forgotten about her? Imma be pissed if they did. Real pissed indeed.

Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen

Mostly favorable reception here and knowledge of the older series not required brought me to this show, and I left perplexed with how this belonged to a series that spawned millions of DESU nonsense, but also satisfied by how well directed and engaging this show was.

The first episode from what I can tell as someone knew little to nothing about the franchise condensed the plot of the first series (or both? Didn't they do some anime original nonsense?) in a way that was fairly easy to understand, which is great because I heard those other ones were pretty bogus.

The meat of this show is based around an adult Jun, the main character of the franchise who is, to put very simply a product of a what-if scenario in which he decides not to be involved with the Rozen Maidens as his younger NEET self. A decision that made him overcome his NEET-ness, although life as a working, university student living on his own isn't that much better, an aspect that the show presents all too well. From trying to interact as little as possible with his coworkers to his piles of full trash bags waiting to be thrown out at his apartment door, there's a very real sense of misanthropy and loneliness that you can feel permeating through Jun in those first couple of episodes. It certainly struck a chord with me because I've certainly been in a somewhat similar situation.

The actual Rozen Maiden aspects of the show were wonderful up til the last few episodes. Shinku, along with the original Jun giving adult-Jun a purpose in life by having him help with their predicaments in their world as well as just being someone to confide in were definitely the best parts of the show. Jun's gradual change from misanthropic nerd just trying to get through life with as little human interaction as possible to reliable coworker, friend, and guy who helps dolls across dimensions via the unintentional help of Shinku and the rest of the original cast made for a really great watch. While those last few episodes involving the "endgame" of the plot that was being built up steadily throughout the show weren't bad per se, but the doll battles and other weird supernatural Rozen Maiden things weren't nearly as engaging or entertaining as the rest of the show, though by the end you can really feel a genuine affection between Jun and the rest of the dolls that really warms the heart. Basically, the only big flaw of this show is being apart of the Rozen Maiden franchise.

This is definitely going somewhere on my end of the year list, anyone hesitant to watch because they don't know a thing about the franchise should give this a chance for a really well made drama with some supernatural aspects. I'll definitely be on the lookout for whatever the director of this does next. Also the soundtrack is SO GOOD, I need that shit inside of me.

cajunator

Banned
Huh, well I don't see anything "off the rails" atm but I guess I'll see soon.

Anohana 03-04

Yay conflict! Really interesting seeing how the dynamics of Jintan, Yukiatsu, and Tsuruko play out. All the hidden feelings/tension is starting to unwind, interested in seeing what result will come out of it.

Well I guess youll see what people mean by that soon.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 13

Hana's going to be even more trouble for them now, seeing as how she's mobile. But her growing up and now talking a bit leads to some heartwarming moments like in this episode. Plus she's still adorable. Second best character behind only Pop.

Speaking of which, where the fuck is Pop? I know she only appears once in a while, but damn, she hasn't even been seen for like ten episodes now. Has this show forgotten about her? Imma be pissed if they did. Real pissed indeed.

I did an episode with her in it.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 5

IS BRAID GIRL FROM THE FUTURE. IS BRAID GIRL JOHN TITOR. IS BRAID GIRL OKABE.
I don't remember Braid Girl's name.

So, confirmed time machine from CERN, then. Flawed confirmed time machine. Somehow I think Okabe's plan of outracing CERN... won't end well. This guy... This guy.

cajunator

Banned
Haganai is turning out pretty good. Enjoying it much more than I expected. Just finished the yukata episode. Good god Sena is cute in that. Team meat forever!

Steins;Gate 5

IS BRAID GIRL FROM THE FUTURE. IS BRAID GIRL JOHN TITOR. IS BRAID GIRL OKABE.
I don't remember Braid Girl's name.

So, confirmed time machine from CERN, then. Flawed confirmed time machine. Somehow I think Okabe's plan of outracing CERN... won't end well. This guy... This guy.

Okabe doesn't fuck around, he's mothafucking mad scientist ands its so koool, sonuvabitch.

Gazoinks

You better remember Suzuha's name!

Right, that's it.

Or as I like to call her...
FUTURE TRANS-GENDERED OKABE.
There is obviously nothing wrong with this theory.

Okabe doesn't fuck around, he's mothafucking mad scientist ands its so koool, sonuvabitch.

That one scene was one of the things that actually got me around to watching this series when I found it on Youtube. I'm watching the dub, though, so I'm curious how they'll translate that.

cajunator

Banned
Haganai fin

something about these characters bothered me. They spend all this time together doing stuff and they STILL say they have no friends? They are friends. Its just hard to believe someone would be that dense.

also Yozora looks cuuuuuuute with short hair. Too bad shes still bitchy.

and whaaaaaaaat the hell at the omake episode? No wonder it was banned.

overall it was very enjoyable. I look forward to season 2. Was it licensed yet?

Aku no Hana 01-07

Powerful.

This is a show that I was reluctant to start for superficial reasons. The art style initially was a turn off and the notion of a school life drama wasn't something that was terribly interesting to me. Recommendations from other GAFfers (Thanks, Solar!) made me give the show a start and since then I've been nothing short of captivated by the scenario Aku no Hana has presented. It's twisted and ugly and cowardly in a way the show will convince you is all together human.

I was wavering on whether or not this show would end up being my Anime of the Year but if the second half of the series leaves me with an impression as great as the first half has then I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything that comes close.

Gazoinks

Aku no Hana 01-07

Powerful.

This is a show that I was reluctant to start for superficial reasons. The art style initially was a turn off and the notion of a school life drama wasn't something that was terribly interesting to me. Recommendations from other GAFfers (Thanks, Solar!) made me give the show a start and since then I've been nothing short of captivated by the scenario Aku no Hana has presented. It's twisted and ugly and cowardly in a way the show will convince you is all together human.

I was wavering on whether or not this show would end up being my Anime of the Year but if the second half of the series leaves me with an impression as great as the first half has then I'd be hard pressed to come up with anything that comes close.

Can't wait to see your reaction to Episode 8.

dumbyugi

Get ready for more mahjong in the new year -- the Saki: National Tournament TV series is confirmed to start in January 2014.

https://twitter.com/polyphoni_car/status/390350189942558720

I'm very excited for this but I'm also a little worried that it's starting too early. If it's going to cover the entire Nationals then the entire finals will have to be anime original. The manga is still in the semi-finals and at it's current pace probably won't finish the Nationals until this time next year.

Can't wait to see your reaction to Episode 8.

Aku no Hana 08

This show is absolutely playing with my emotions. The beginning sets up this scene where you feel like everything is about to come to a close, that there really is nothing left for there to be said. If the series had ended exactly at the way episode 8 began, the feeling that there's absolutely no turning back, then I would have easily felt satisfied with its conclusion and marked it up as the one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. A masterfully told story of the fall from grace, the contrast between the girlfriend and Nakamaru, all of it masterfully presented.

And then he walks into the classroom and the black ink is covering his identity and I immediately feel as if the show has copped out of telling the story it wanted to tell. "We're back to square one I guess" I told myself and a part of me rationalized it as a necessary evil for the continuation of the series. I thought he'd go on knowing that he was the one who caused everything and retreat behind one of the walls he had left standing.

And then the ending ... she knows.

Well played.

nwX0e0k.gif

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 12

Butthead Kotake learns the value of teamwork. Or something. Honestly I wouldn't have blamed Itou if he told Kotake to eat a dick. He was being a pill. He's kind of a pill in general. I wouldn't mind if no more episodes focused on him.
Naisho 1 will change your mind.

Gazoinks

Aku no Hana 08

This show is absolutely playing with my emotions. The beginning sets up this scene where you feel like everything is about to come to a close, that there really is nothing left for there to be said. If the series had ended exactly at the way episode 8 began, the feeling that there's absolutely no turning back, then I would have easily felt satisfied with its conclusion and marked it up as the one of the greatest shows I've ever seen. A masterfully told story of the fall from grace, the contrast between the girlfriend and Nakamaru, all of it masterfully presented.

And then he walks into the classroom and the black ink is covering his identity and I immediately feel as if the show has copped out of telling the story it wanted to tell. "We're back to square one I guess" I told myself and a part of me rationalized it as a necessary evil for the continuation of the series. I thought he'd go on knowing that he was the one who caused everything and retreat behind one of the walls he had left standing.

And then the ending ... she knows it was him.

Well played.

nwX0e0k.gif

Haha, I actually never thought about it like that, but it's a good point. It is interesting how they kind set it up as a return to the status quo and then shortly subvert your expectations.

And yeah, the opening walk scene of Episode 8 is just really powerful. Now keep going! :p

CorvoSol

I had to stare at this for a few moments before realizing what show you were referring to.

I'll add apostrophes to signify the sequel. Or something. Anime have weird names.

all they need are more muscles and tons of pouches

And stupid shading! And bendy guns with multiple barrels one atop the other!

Even Liefeld would impressed by that breast to waist ratio.

Dang it, Corvo.

Edgeworthbow.gif

i see nothing wrong ..
my eyes are pleased ... to be sure i'll ask for another opinion.
What do you think , chet ?

Anyway ,why does this picture make me think of Shōji Satō drawings?

But where would their intestines go?

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 6

Haha, they named the machine after a Back To The Future reference. Great.

So wazzup with Moeka, right? Why does she want the IBN and why doesn't she like talking? I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Okabe's dream in this episode has some additional significance, maybe wasn't a dream, and will become relevant later. I also completely forgot about the satellite. What does that have to do with all this? Is it from the future? Mysteries abound.

Fate/Zero 4

Now that is how you do a good fighting episode. I like that it was an honorable battle, despite urging from Lancer's Master. And then Rider showed up and was awesome because he's Rider.

So Irisviel is a homunculus. I kind of suspected that, but still. Probably means bad things. Also, why hasn't Kiritsugu just shot Lancer's Master already? Sheesh.

Fate/Zero 5

Rider continues to be great, news at 11.

The way they used CG for Berserker was really clever as a way of making him distinctly "other" from everything else. Also Kariya sad times. ;_;

Caster falling in love with Saber was simultaneously funny and horrifying and will probably lead to bad things.

Gilgamesh is an asshole and I hope he gets shown up repeatedly in the future. Also he only has one attack. Show some originality, Mr. Fancy Pants!

Both of these shows be so good.

cajunator

Banned
Steins;Gate 6

Haha, they named the machine after a Back To The Future reference. Great.

So wazzup with Moeka, right? Why does she want the IBN and why doesn't she like talking? I'm going to go ahead and take a guess that Okabe's dream in this episode has some additional significance, maybe wasn't a dream, and will become relevant later. I also completely forgot about the satellite. What does that have to do with all this? Is it from the future? Mysteries abound.

Fate/Zero 4

Now that is how you do a good fighting episode. I like that it was an honorable battle, despite urging from Lancer's Master. And then Rider showed up and was awesome because he's Rider.

So Irisviel is a homunculus. I kind of suspected that, but still. Probably means bad things. Also, why hasn't Kiritsugu just shot Lancer's Master already? Sheesh.

Fate/Zero 5

Rider continues to be great, news at 11.

The way they used CG for Berserker was really clever as a way of making him distinctly "other" from everything else. Also Kariya sad times. ;_;

Caster falling in love with Saber was simultaneously funny and horrifying and will probably lead to bad things.

Gilgamesh is an asshole and I hope he gets shown up repeatedly in the future. Also he only has one attack. Show some originality, Mr. Fancy Pants!

Both of these shows be so good.

I actually envy you watching these two series for the first time.

Jarmel

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 2-
:cajun

Really disappointed in the visual level. Looks janky as fuck and the CGI looks like stuff from a PS2 game. There was potential for a great scene near the end from a direction standpoint but overnarration killed it. I really fucking hate narrators explaining obvious shit that is literally on the screen at that moment.

The show did have this great :corvo face though.

CorvoSol

With Garterbelt 10

Kill la Kill is gonna get fucking weird, isn't it? Like what even was this? I can't even explain the entire second half of this episode.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
magi s2 02
there was some really nice animation in this episode, but the music sounds like some non non biyori shit where they handed a four year old a recorder and just let them go at it. unsurprisingly it is less effective in the context of magi.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
tokyo ravens - 1~2

This is terrible, but the story is actually interesting once you realize that the friendzone girl is Sengoku Nadeko v.2's shikigami. I'll go read the manga soon.

i mean, lol:
One can never have too many multi-coloured oil drums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom