• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Suddenly it is really windy here.
ib2qB2U2ZWgPJP.png

Looks like people are actually losing power around here.
(season 2 episode 7 again)

Articalys

Anybody that can read moon rune and have super eye can explain that little staff column?
It's in the article text. Just confirms it's the same directors and writer as the first season, and one of the design assistants is moving up to lead character designer.
Does that say it's airing on 22 of December? if so best christmas ever
That's one of the Jump Festa 2014 days; I assume they'll be showing off footage at the event or something.

Jintor

Pokemon Origins 02

Mmmm, dat nostalgia.

I wish the rival characters in Pokemon games were more interesting than 'lol let's have a random battle which I will inevitably lose every few cities'

cnet128

Banned
This is probably the oddest part of Danganronpa for me, the only way to really learn anything about the characters and their motivations most of the time is via the free time social links, and even then half the time what you learn in that has no impact on how the rest of the game plays out. Then you have the fact that certain characters die really early meaning you have to replay those chapters to get their social links up. Worse is that even if you knew who's going to die you have to replay chapters 2-3 times to max them out simply because the game doesn't give you enough free time before they get waxed.

This is what the new mode in Danganronpa 2 and the Vita version of the original is for though. Lets you go through the social links you missed at your leisure while enjoying a fun little minigame, instead of having to trawl through whole chapters over and over again to complete them.

POkemon The origin - 04

ABOUT THE FINAL FIGHT
i don't need a mega evolution to beat mewtwo lol ...Stupid guys to try to include new mecanics in the first gen...i'll forgive them but only because the fight was great ...

I kind of felt like the Mega Evolution in the final fight was like a replacement for the trump card everybody actually used against Mewtwo - the Master Ball. Because it would have made for a sucky final battle if Red could just use the Master Ball against Mewtwo in the anime, so AWESOME CHARIZARD GETS EVEN MORE AWESOME felt like a pretty classy substitute =p

It's in the article text. Just confirms it's the same directors, writer, and character designer as the first season.

Psch, we don't need to know about animation staff, anyone could have predicted that. What we need to know is who's doing the OST!

I actually feel like Sawano could be a pretty good fit for Part 3, luls. Plus if they're going to keep up the pattern of using a different composer for every Part, better to get him out of the way sooner rather than later...

Yoko Kanno for Part 4! lol

But it doesn't. The directors and writer are the same. The character designer for Part 3 is Masahiko Komino.

lol ANN can you even translation.

sonicmj1

I literally don't remember this from the anime. What the fuck.

It shows up as an instrumental briefly every now and then. For example, it plays during the flashback in the first episode when Joseph saves Speedwagon from kidnappers on the airplane. But I don't think the vocal version is used at all, just the instrumental chorus on its own. The song never gets the showcase it deserves.

I can't hate the people behind it too badly because of all those times they use Roundabout well, but it's sad to think what could have been.

duckroll

Well, fuck ANN again. I believe you, but is their a higher-resolution copy of the page somewhere, or are you just that good at reading kanji?

It's not very hard to read the low resolution one when the characters are that clear. Does anyone think that 小美野雅彦 looks like anything like 清水貴子? Other than ANN I mean. :)

Articalys

It's not very hard to read the low resolution one when the characters are that clear. Does anyone think that 小美野雅彦 looks like anything like 清水貴子? Other than ANN I mean. :)
Well, sure, it's clear it wasn't the latter, but I wasn't sure if the former had an obvious reading for a name or not.
Anyway, whatever, I told ANN to fix their shit and stop embarrassing me.

God dammit, I was feeling really happy too and now I'm just depressed.

duckroll

Well, sure, it's clear it wasn't the latter, but I wasn't sure if the former had an obvious reading for a name or not.
Anyway, whatever, I told ANN to fix their shit and stop embarrassing me.

God dammit, I was feeling really happy too and now I'm just depressed.

I'm sorry for that, but names are kinda important to me! :(

As for why I could recognize the actual designer's name, it's also mainly because he was one of the animation directors for ep20, and even before that he worked on a bunch of Code:Breaker episodes.

Jarmel

Banned
It shows up as an instrumental briefly every now and then. For example, it plays during the flashback in the first episode when Joseph saves Speedwagon from kidnappers on the airplane. But I don't think the vocal version is used at all, just the instrumental chorus on its own. The song never gets the showcase it deserves.

I can't hate the people behind it too badly because of all those times they use Roundabout well, but it's sad to think what could have been.

I'm listening to some of the other songs and I'm now wondering did they actually cut the lyrics out of all the songs?

Like I don't remember 'Welcome to the World' with lyrics.

Articalys

I'm sorry for that, but names are kinda important to me! :(

As for why I could recognize the actual designer's name, it's also mainly because he was one of the animation directors for ep20, and even before that he worked on a bunch of Code:Breaker episodes.
Ah, makes sense. Fair enough; you know I respect accuracy most of all, so thanks.

Crocodile

So I've recently started watching Jojo's. Like most anime fans I've been aware of the franchise since forever and I've even seen that original OVA with Dio vs Jojo from like 20 or however many years ago but I haven' actually consumed much of the franchise. I'm enjoying the show but the whole lack of anything resembling animation is kind of pissing me off. Like can we expect/hope this Part 3 adaptation to be any better? Why was the adaptation of a seminal franchise in the Japanese entertainment industry given such a shoe-string budget?

fertygo

So I've recently started watching Jojo's. Like most anime fans I've been aware of the franchise since forever and I've even seen that original OVA with Dio vs Jojo from like 20 or however many years ago but I haven' actually consumed much of the franchise. I'm enjoying the show but the whole lack of anything resembling animation is kind of pissing me off. Like can we expect/hope this Part 3 adaptation to be any better? Why was the adaptation of a seminal franchise in the Japanese entertainment industry given such a shoe-string budget?

Nothing? LOL
The best we can hope is central episode give more effort like eps 8,19 and 25

Part 3 have various interesting setting so we can expect no ugly cg joestar mansion.

Jarmel

Banned
At first I felt like throwing up, now I'm just mad that Iwasaki isn't doing KLK. Sawano has completely failed so far other than "Don't Lose My Way".

Fuck, dude I want an Iwasaki scored KLK so bad now.

01dz.gif

fertygo

At first I felt like throwing up, now I'm just mad that Iwasaki isn't doing KLK. Sawano has completely failed so far other than "Don't Lose My Way".

Fuck, dude I want an Iwasaki scored KLK so bad now.

01dz.gif

Yeah, Sawano just trying too hard to be Iwasaki in AoT and KLK, no one got fooled.

wonzo

Banned
Listening to the JoJo OST clips posted makes me understand Iwasaki's anger at how under-utilised such a great composition was. Holy hell.

Gingitsune 2

gingitsune2.jpg

I was kinda worried that this'd turn out like the first episode drama wise thanks to the incredibly misleading preview but fortunately they really handled the bullying and needless judgemental barriers stuff really well which has certainly assuaged my worries for the rest of this series. Doubly so as they'll be shifting the focus to Gintaro soon.

fertygo

Sawano come from other media scene, its very clear from his early anime works.. despite that those are pretty enjoyable work. His "downfall" started when he trying to pick more "anime-ish" quirk for his music when he getting more and more job for anime/game, Shame..

fertygo

When was Seitokai Yakuindomo 2 announced? I totally missed that. I have three shows to watch in Winter now!

More like, 2014 confirmed to be the worst year. All this JoJo's talk makes me weep.
Try to show more balls to talk for anything that you disapprove without spoiler tag please, shit getting old. And fool me for no reason ugh..

Try to show more balls to talk for anything that you disapprove without spoiler tag please, shit getting old.

I put it in spoiler tags as a response to that one post and not as an open comment. What does it matter to you?!?!

Edit:

I apologise, after some time I think my response may be a bit brash, stressful mornings are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom