• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Sasami: Magical Girls Club 2-14

Yuuuup, if my limited experience with this writing is any indication, this is Mari Okada all right, although now we're seeing the main dynamic from the Sammy series start to show up. Maybe, who knows. Maybe somebody will open their mouth instead of letting others stew in doubt and anxiety. Might help! On the other hand, that would be boring.

Also,

3txpzGU.jpg

I'd say it's the former.

Apparently. Need to pay more attention if I'm missing something they're clearly putting a lot of effort into :p

They aren't exactly subtle about them. Hell, each episode starts with a blatant in your face panty shot. I actually found it out of place and distracting.

I just checked and yeah it gets there pretty fast and it's Ao both times. Might explain my ignorance, I'm always staring at her ears.

edit: speaking of the new Yozakura Quartet TV show, can anybody who has read the manga confirm if it follows the manga? Or is it original material?

I think I remember cosmic saying it's an alternate retelling. Same story from the beginning but with parts re-written.

Yuuuup, if my limited experience with this writing is any indication, this is Mari Okada all right, although now we're seeing the main dynamic from the Sammy series start to show up. Maybe, who knows. Maybe somebody will open their mouth instead of letting others stew in doubt and anxiety. Might help! On the other hand, that would be boring.

Also,

3txpzGU.jpg

UNF

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kyoukai no Kanata/Beyond the Boundary Episode 3

Right, even when this show isn't making me cringe with its light novel prose it is boring me with bland and/or unappealing characters and have had it with Mirai Kuriyama acting like one of the cast of Tokyo Ravens. All of the tremendous animation and spiffy action in the world can not save this production. Dropping this shit before it becomes a hatewatch.

Also,

3txpzGU.jpg
Pretty sure this out of context.
Still im pretty sure that i never saw the second half of this anime... i wonder why i stopped.

I really want to like Beyond The Boundary. The action is cool. Spear-shotgun-chainsaw chick is cool. Blood powers are cool.

But half the episodes are filled with stupid conversations between the main male lead and his club. The whole shit with his glasses fetish and what not. Its supposed to be quirky or witty or something but it really drags the series down. All the characters are uninteresting.

Jarmel

Banned
Longer impressions of Kyoukai no Kanata 3-
The storyboarding was noticeably better than the prior two episodes. This transition for example was great at portraying the perception of how many of the spiritual warriors view Akihito, and thus his isolation. This shot was more traditional in meaning as it represents the usual power gap but I found it noticeable due to the darkness surrounding Mirai compared to the light around Mitsuki. They played around with the camera angles a lot as well. Animation-wise, the action still isn't where I want it to be but I did like the combat sequence at the end. It looked somewhat fresh compared to the stuff we've seen prior in the sequence and actually potentially fun.
We Gears of War now
. That's not to say that the fight sequences aren't well animated, they very much are, it's just that they're not that dynamic. It feels like the usual 'going through the motions', which might be the point so I'll hold off. That's partially why I liked the sequence at the end so much because there was more effort seemingly put in.
ii2QJVOUVP3vR.jpg

Who the fuck wears something like this? Looks like something from a JRPG and what my grandmother might wear.
The above is not the big issue though and really never was though. It's the writing. This episode was much better because it really limited Mirai's moeness. The comedic stuff also worked somewhat better as well. I thought Akihito's reaction in his apartment at the end of the episode was pretty human and a well done moment. It was a really small moment but I liked it a lot. This is what the series should have been aiming for in tone. Also I'm pretty sure the ending of the episode was a fakeout.

I did feel that the episode was a little too jumpy for its own good but that's fine compared to the other improvements the show made this week. Hopefully this is the show finding its groove and it keeps this level.
ibfsetu7ytAPHk.gif

:basedpenisbiscuit

duckroll

Krappy no Kanttakemuchmoreofthis - Episode 3

This show is so bad. I hate all the characters. I hate the dialogue. Everything storywise feels lazy. There's nothing subtle or elegant about the storytelling. No one says what they mean or even infers what they feel through actions or emotion. Everything is designed as an artificial hook for a superficial audience. It's fucking garbage.

BUT.

After that episode preview, I can't drop this show until at least next week. :(

#FML #Hatewatch #KyoAnus

Dekomori YES.

Tokyo Ravens 2

Did they just
kill off the best girl
? I really hope they didn't just
kill off the best girl
I'm pretty sure the best girl wasn't real, she was Natsume's familiar/sock puppet. Natsume knowing about the kiss and how the end of episode 1 played out was suspicious enough, it's not something you'd think Harutora would put in a text. She shows obvious jealousy over Suzuka, but never mentions Hokuto. Combine that with how both girls call him baka-tora and it's pretty suggestive. It explains why Hokuto was pushing him to get into magic, why she ran at first from him at first, and why a familiar was hanging around/spying on him to begin with.

Dresden

I'm pretty sure the best girl wasn't real, she was Natsume's familiar/sock puppet. Natsume knowing about the kiss and how the end of episode 1 played out was suspicious enough, it's not something you'd think Harutora would put in a text. She shows obvious jealousy over Suzuka, but never mentions Hokuto. Combine that with how both girls call him baka-tora and it's pretty suggestive.

If it wasn't obvious enough in the episode, they even put it in the op.

Jarmel

Banned
I'm pretty sure the best girl wasn't real, she was Natsume's familiar/sock puppet. Natsume knowing about the kiss and how the end of episode 1 played out was suspicious enough, it's not something you'd think Harutora would put in a text. She shows obvious jealousy over Suzuka, but never mentions Hokuto. Combine that with how both girls call him baka-tora and it's pretty suggestive. It explains why Hokuto was pushing him to get into magic, why she ran at first from him at first, and why a familiar was hanging around/spying on him to begin with.

It explains how she found him magically in the episode.

cnet128

Banned

That's even worse than killing her off though. That's, like, killing her off retroactively =/

Coppelion 3

Heroic girls doing heroic things. Silly stealth plane what are you doing stop distracting our protags. We want to find out the source of the contamination, not go chasing after a bunch of wannabe old-lady-kidnappers.

cajunator

Banned
Longer impressions of Kyoukai no Kanata 3-

The storyboarding was noticeably better than the prior two episodes. This transition for example was great at portraying the perception of how many of the spiritual warriors view Akihito, and thus his isolation. This shot was more traditional in meaning as it represents the usual power gap but I found it noticeable due to the darkness surrounding Mirai compared to the light around Mitsuki. They played around with the camera angles a lot as well. Animation-wise, the action still isn't where I want it to be but I did like the combat sequence at the end. It looked somewhat fresh compared to the stuff we've seen prior in the sequence and actually potentially fun.
We Gears of War now
. That's not to say that the fight sequences aren't well animated, they very much are, it's just that they're not that dynamic. It feels like the usual 'going through the motions', which might be the point so I'll hold off. That's partially why I liked the sequence at the end so much because there was more effort seemingly put in.

The above is not the big issue though and really never was though. It's the writing. This episode was much better because it really limited Mirai's moeness. The comedic stuff also worked somewhat better as well. I thought Akihito's reaction in his apartment at the end of the episode was pretty human and a well done moment. It was a really small moment but I liked it a lot. This is what the series should have been aiming for in tone. Also I'm pretty sure the ending of the episode was a fakeout.

I did feel that the episode was a little too jumpy for its own good but that's fine compared to the other improvements the show made this week. Hopefully this is the show finding its groove and it keeps this level.
ibfsetu7ytAPHk.gif

:basedpenisbiscuit

Im always impressed when people are able to see things like this in a show, because I cant really recognize the meaning behind shots like those nor do I honestly care to.
I do appreciate this sort of analysis though as it is interesting to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom