• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Noucome Episode 3:

::Watches first five minutes of the show and sees the one named Chocolat acting and being treated as a literal dog::

We are done here, in an instant this show has earned my hatred of a thousand suns, I want to now destroy every bit of this from the world. Dropped before I go on one of my rage rampages.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
KnK is like a billion times worse than Free! or Chuu2 even when it comes to pandering. It is like KyoAni are spiraling out of control, but at least Free! and Chuu2 were kind of consistent and forward with their pandering. KnK just seems to randomly dump a pile of weird fetishistic garbage in the viewer's lap, and that pile just keeps growing and growing.

Sounds like monogatari/shaft.

fertygo

I think the similarities, or at least some of the dialogue is part of why the dialogue is so awful.

Monogatari somehow make those kind of dialogue natural for their own world, its not breaking the immersion because that's how they act from what viewer perceive. KnK not persistent enough to make that kind of banter work.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sounds like monogatari/shaft.
No, they don't have very much in common. In the second episode of KnK almost every bit of dialogue and encounter revolves around some weird sex joke. It is inescapable, and the show tries to straddle some weird line between titillation and comedy.

Jarmel

Banned
Monogatari somehow make those kind of dialogue natural for their own world, its not breaking the immersion because that's how they act from what viewer perceive. KnK not persistent enough to make that kind of banter work.

Rather the writer isn't Nisio. Nisio is aware of a lot of the conventions and can twist them.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 7

Oh hey did the plot just show up? Save the world from dystopia eh? Assuming John Titor can actually be trusted, which is basically up in the air. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out he's manipulating Okabe somehow. Unless he is Okabe.

So time travel shenanigans are getting real in this episode! Changing the past and explaining (sort of) what happened way back in the first episode. When Okabe texted Daru about Kurisu's murder, that text was somehow a time text and that prevented Kurisu from being killed... Somehow. Who's the murderer anyway?

This show makes me crave chicken tenders and Dr. Pepper. Also Okabe/Kurisu OTP confirmed by Daru.

fertygo

That's exactly why it bothers me.

Yeah the show is too half-assed for everything they want to do, so its lacking identity.. its stuck in-between comedy with lame banter and supernatural youkai action show. Maybe eps 4 will fuck awesome solely because they focusing to one side of the coin.

Steins;Gate 7

Oh hey did the plot just show up? Save the world from dystopia eh? Assuming John Titor can actually be trusted, which is basically up in the air. Wouldn't surprise me if it turns out he's manipulating Okabe somehow. Unless he is Okabe.

So time travel shenanigans are getting real in this episode! Changing the past and explaining (sort of) what happened way back in the first episode. When Okabe texted Daru about Kurisu's murder, that text was somehow a time text and that prevented Kurisu from being killed... Somehow. Who's the murderer anyway?

This show makes me crave chicken tenders and Dr. Pepper. Also Okabe/Kurisu OTP confirmed by Daru.

You're almost to the shit gets serious and awesome point. Keep chugging along.

cnet128

Banned
NouCome 2

Amakusa Kanade, you are a failure as a main character. The purpose of a main character is for the viewer to identify with, and how am I supposed to identify with a guy whose
first reaction to being transformed into a girl is to demand to be changed back immediately
?!

That said, this show continues to entertain me. That God guy was amusing, even if none of Kanade's jokes were.

Cats are superior. And foxes.

This is a NAKAMA-worthy post if ever I saw one.

Yeah, I hear around Episode 10? The funny thing is I keep hearing people be like "Hang on it gets good halfway through", but I already think it's really good, so I'm looking forward to it getting even better. :D

Yeah, I'm with you, while it's true it get better later, the start was already enough to hook me, with mystery about time travel and goofy but endearing characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom