• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

In what regards? They cut out the Mirai moe crap(or reduced it anyway). She's not fumbling trying to get over a fence.

EBtoyhP.jpg

JbTg8FV.jpg

lNFqQ6F.jpg

._.

Jarmel

Banned
the saving grace of the series was that it didn't drown itself in relentless selfseriousness

rip I guess

They still keep some of that crap, it's just not as prevalent in this episode and doesn't cause that much of a tone whiplash. I liked the money scene a bit.

Soma

Kyoukai no Canada Episode 03

It probably says a lot about me that my favorite scene here was Mirai "refusing" money from Akihito.

Mostly a set-up episode for next week but there were some cool moments with the
Youmu invasion happening around town
. This episode did feel pretty disjointed though but next week should be interesting.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
How sad should I find it that the best defense that can be mustered for Kyoukai no Kanata is that some of the horrible elements have been cut back a bit?

Jarmel

Banned
How sad should I find it that the best defense that can be mustered for Kyoukai no Kanata is that some of the horrible elements have been cut back a bit?

You take what you can get. I've seen worse shit.

Hell just last night I saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again, despite my better judgment.

cajunator

Banned
the saving grace of the series was that it didn't drown itself in relentless selfseriousness

rip I guess

Yeah. The show was silly from the beginning. It has been pretty enjoyable for the schlock that it is. Mirai is a moenuke and the catgirl milf is so silly and loveable. This shows not pretending to be something its not.

Articalys

Seriously, what is it about anime and brocons and siscons that gets people in this thread all riled up about them? I mean, when it's the core of the plot like Oreimo, sure, that's one thing, but as a side joke like this?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
You take what you can get. I've seen worse shit.

Hell just last night I saw Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. again, despite my better judgment.

Yea, the thing is I have been getting much quality anime this season. Granted this Kyoukai no Kanata is not as bad as say Tokyo Ravens or Diabolik Lovers but it also trembles before the likes of Kill La Kill, Gundam Build Fighters Gingitsune and others.

Jarmel

Banned
Yea, the thing is I have been getting much quality anime this season. Granted this Kyoukai no Kanata is not as bad as say Tokyo Ravens or Diabolik Lovers but it also trembles before the likes of Kill La Kill, Gundam Build Fighters Gingitsune and others.

I have issues with all the shows this season other than GBF and possibly Kyousogiga. So it's really just accepting them for what they are, being time wasters, and making sure they don't want me to rip my own eyeballs out at the stupidity.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yeah. The show was silly from the beginning. It has been pretty enjoyable for the schlock that it is. Mirai is a moenuke and the catgirl milf is so silly and loveable. This shows not pretending to be something its not.

Going to disagree with you there, Kyoukai no Kanata has very much been wanting to take this shit seriously and indeed for us to take this seriously. Kind of the problem here when the glasses fetishism and the moe blobs and the cat girl goofiness, it all reeks of Ikki Tousen Syndrome.

cajunator

Banned
Seriously, what is it about anime and brocons and siscons that gets people in this thread all riled up about them? I mean, when it's the core of the plot like Oreimo, sure, that's one thing, but as a side joke like this?

Have no idea really. Most anime is silly and nonsensical.
Thats why its so enjoyable.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I have issues with all the shows this season other than GBF and possibly Kyousogiga. So it's really just accepting them for what they are, being time wasters, and making sure they don't want me to rip my own eyeballs out at the stupidity.

Ironically I have issues with Gundam Build Fighters and Kyousogiga to a certain extent, as good as GBF is I can't ignore the fact that I am watching an anime that were it to be dubbed would be opening up for the latest Pokemon series. Kyousogiga is certainly a challenging series at times but I find its density there for the sake of density more then anything else, though I do admit Kyousogiga has a lot of Buddhist overtones that I am not wildly familiar with and I believe that hampers the understanding of said symbolism.

Shergal

Ironically I have issues with Gundam Build Fighters and Kyousogiga to a certain extent, as good as GBF is I can't ignore the fact that I am watching an anime that were it to be dubbed would be opening up for the latest Pokemon series. Kyousogiga is certainly a challenging series at times but I find its density there for the sake of density more then anything else, though I do admit Kyousogiga has a lot of Buddhist overtones that I am not wildly familiar with and I believe that hampers the understanding of said symbolism.

If anything, Kyousogiga seems indebted to Lewis Carroll. Chock full of references to him. I also don't think it's dense for its own sake, or dense at all really. Perhaps when episode 00 came out alone in 2011...

Articalys

http://i.imgur.com/3lD2IFR.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Well, Hiromi's been really stoic and smug so far, so it was funny to see him break composure when Akihito started taunting him about Mitsuki wearing glasses.

I guess that quote only worked if you'd seen the episode and understood the context.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
If anything, Kyousogiga seems indebted to Lewis Carroll. Chock full of references to him. I also don't think it's dense for its own sake, or dense at all really. Perhaps when episode 00 came out alone in 2011...

This is a fair point and it is also why it is worth watching to see Kyousogiga unravel itself, larger judgements have to saved for later down the line.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Well, Hiromi's been really stoic and smug so far, so it was funny to see him break composure when Akihito started taunting him about Mitsuki wearing glasses.
I have no context. I don't know the characters names. Reading the content of KnK posts has just put a sour look on my face.
I guess that quote only worked if you'd seen the episode and understood the context.
I'm can't imagine actually watching the episode would quell my churning stomach.

LegatoB

Hey, just because we're all used to lazy, obnoxious otaku-pandering bullshit doesn't mean we can't still think it's weird, gross, and worst of all, boring.

Soma

I don't see the problem with people finding issues with stuff like that on its own but it's when people try to say that KyoAni is somehow ABOVE shit like that when they've come out with shows like Free! and Chuu2 is what I find kinda funny.

fertygo

Kyoukai no Kanata 3

First half was extra bad, god those unfunny and creepy banter that supposed to be joke.

Second half I don't quite understand, there's no cringe worthy dialogue and have a good chunk of exciting scene, looked pretty and sounds pretty.. but its still feel off-putting, soulless and awkward to me. Somebody can explain?

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 22

Speaking of pandering to otaku bullshit, guess what this doesn't do despite having a little sister?

AND POP IS INVOLVED TOO, dealing with a little sister who doesn't like her bro because he abandoned her (due to her small size and whatnot), but Doremi gets it. She too abandoned Pop before. Abandoned bros for life G!

I kinda like how they just guilt tripped her into going back with her brother, who does better at splitting desserts than I or Doremi would. That's for sure.

dimb

I don't see the problem with people finding issues with stuff like that on its own but it's when people try to say that KyoAni is somehow ABOVE shit like that when they've come out with shows like Free! and Chuu2 is what I find kinda funny.
KnK is like a billion times worse than Free! or Chuu2 even when it comes to pandering. It is like KyoAni are spiraling out of control, but at least Free! and Chuu2 were kind of consistent and forward with their pandering. KnK just seems to randomly dump a pile of weird fetishistic garbage in the viewer's lap, and that pile just keeps growing and growing.

Shergal

Kyoukai no Kanata 3
Second half I don't quite understand, there's no cringe worthy dialogue and have a good chunk of exciting scene, looked pretty and sounds pretty.. but its still feel off-putting, soulless and awkward to me. Somebody can explain?
It will never get out of being off-putting, soulless and awkward no matter what it does. Just scrub till the fights!

fertygo

It will never get out of being off-putting, soulless and awkward no matter what it does. Just scrub till the fights!

LOL

Maybe its the contrast, in one half they throwing all kind of anime stuff and at other half its like they trying to pull The Mist kind of shit.

That's even worse than killing her off though. That's, like, killing her off retroactively =/
Yeah, that was a tough moment for sure... but it does get a little better once you realize what was really going on.

I'm not sure if Hokuto actually had any free will, I think she might have just been controlled from afar by Natsume, pretty much... you know, to spy on Harutora with. I don't think she ever was really an individual person. She was pretty much Natsume, and Natsume is still alive.

Going by that countdown at the end, by episode four they should have finished the whole basic scenario setup. It's not quite there yet.

Idiotic otaku-fantasy incest things are stupid no matter what the context. Who cares if it's the main plot or a side thing? It's stupid and unwanted.

Hey, just because we're all used to lazy, obnoxious otaku-pandering bullshit doesn't mean we can't still think it's weird, gross, and worst of all, boring.
Well said.

KnK is like a billion times worse than Free! or Chuu2 even when it comes to pandering. It is like KyoAni are spiraling out of control, but at least Free! and Chuu2 were kind of consistent and forward with their pandering. KnK just seems to randomly dump a pile of weird fetishistic garbage in the viewer's lap, and that pile just keeps growing and growing.

As bad as KnK is, the pandering isn't really any worse than what KyoAni has done before. This is quite the reaction to some bad jokes, especially when you are basing this off of screenshots and other people's impressions.

Gazoinks

This thread sure goes places when I'm not around. Can't summon up the interest to check out KnK 2 & 3, but I'll see how Coppelion 3 goes later. Looking forward to Hype La Hype 3 tomorrow, and here's hoping Samurai Flamenco 2 improves my opinions of it. Oh, and Kyousougiga of course. Thursdays!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This thread sure goes places when I'm not around. Can't summon up the interest to check out KnK 2 & 3, but I'll see how Coppelion 3 goes later. Looking forward to Hype La Hype 3 tomorrow, and here's hoping Samurai Flamenco 2 improves my opinions of it. Oh, and Kyousougiga of course. Thursdays!

Also there is Galilei Donna.

dimb

As bad as KnK is, the pandering isn't really any worse than what KyoAni has done before. This is quite the reaction to some bad jokes, especially when you are basing this off of screenshots and other people's impressions.
what i am posting about is related to my experience with the first two episodes. point me to the other kyoani show that has a flirting catgirl mom.

Kyoukai No Kanata 03

Not as bad as first two episodes, but the dialogue is still sub-par. I don't know if the script writers just decided to copy a crappy high school slice of lice anime and put it into this, but it seems like they did. The banter between characters is still REALLY forced and it just doesn't fit with the mood of the anime. Look at Hyouka. It was a serious tone for the most part but the banter between characters was fantastic because senpai would not notice her.
160.gif

In this case senpai notices her ALL the fucking time, what the fuck senpai!? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Again the most enjoyable aspect of this show is the animation and art style, but those have to do more with the studio than the original material. It's by no means bad, it just lacks something so crucial in the dialogue and plot department. Maybe once the actual plot kicks in it'll get better but 3 episodes of nothing but exposition is not working for this show.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
The first episode failed to impress me, but I might as well check out the 2nd and see if it grabs me better, so thanks for the reminder.

I feel the same way about Samurai Flamenco, though I have already dropped it, Anime Kick-Ass is not what I wanted.

arkon

Kyoukai No Kanata 03

Not as bad as first two episodes, but the dialogue is still sub-par. I don't know if the script writers just decided to copy a crappy high school slice of lice anime and put it into this, but it seems like they did. The banter between characters is still REALLY forced and it just doesn't fit with the mood of the anime. Look at Hyouka. It was a serious tone for the most part but the banter between characters was fantastic because senpai would not notice her.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/400/016/160.gif[IMG]

In this case senpai notices her ALL the fucking time, what the fuck senpai!? YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG.

Again the most enjoyable aspect of this show is the animation and art style, but those have to do more with the studio than the original material. It's by no means bad, it just lacks something so crucial in the dialogue and plot department. Maybe once the actual plot kicks in it'll get better but 3 episodes of nothing but exposition is not working for this show.[/QUOTE]

I want to watch a highschool slice of lice anime.

Gazoinks

I feel the same way about Samurai Flamenco, though I have already dropped it, Anime Kick-Ass is not what I wanted.

Samurai Flamenco I really want to like, so I'll at least be following it for three episodes. Galilei Donna was just kind of... there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom