• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
*reads the last pages* I'm so glad I'm watching this instead of Beyond the Beyond like you suckers!!!

Coppelion - 3

Good episode, I like how episodes are connected yet being a self contained episodic story so far. This episode finally explains some brief things about the meltdown, I like where it's going now with this seemingly outsider faction.

this is for you guys who love filters, how many colors just in one shot?!! impressive!

then there are pretty scenes like this

this is Coppelion, one moment it makes you to vomit and then the other moment, it's just pretty good. The backgrounds consistently continue to impress, varied and detailed and it's not like they're reusing same location over and over again. It really feels like they're exploring and going deeper in the city.

hyped for next week!
good luck taking down a B2 with a stinger! maybe it's possible at low altitudes, lol

I hope it's not full of drama drama drama like the preview suggests though...
The old guy is so gonna die, duh.

I continue to dig this series very much, it's everything I wanted so far. Calm, quiet in a nuclear wasteland for the most part then stuff happens here and there and SCIENCE!

this week's omake!

iHA3HGgL6CMGX.gif

This show really doesnt look like a lot of fun to watch for some reason. It seems drab and lifeless.

That feel when Cowboy Bebop isn't out on Blu-Ray yet. :(

I know :(
Soon enough though!

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
This show really doesnt look like a lot of fun to watch for some reason. It seems drab and lifeless.

That is actually a central theme to the series I have noticed and I am glad it is reflected in the aesthetic, maybe a little too well, but still not every series is going to be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

cajunator

Banned
That is actually a central theme to the series I have noticed and I am glad it is reflected in the aesthetic, maybe a little too well, but still not every series is going to be sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

No I mean like, I watch a lot of depressing anime but its much less of an affront to my eyes than this seems to be. I love color but not the way its presented here.

Geneijin

For anyone who'll be in San Francisco 12/20-12/21
MADOKA MAGICA THE MOVIE - REBELLION -

Buy Tickets Now!

Following the two theatrical adaptations of the hit TV series,"Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 1: Beginnings and Part 2: Eternal," the long-awaited third installment, "Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Rebellion-," is finally coming to theaters!

This third film will once again bring together the extraordinary members of the Madoka creative staff. Led by chief director Akiyuki Shimbou, the script will be written by Gen Urobuchi from Nitroplus and the original character concept designs will be by aokiume. SHAFT will once again be the studio which will be bringing their work to life.

Friday, December 20, 2013 – Saturday, December 21, 2013
7:00pm

© 2013 NEW PEOPLE, Inc. - Link

BlazBlue Alter Memory 2

I love seeing Nu going full yandere as much as the next guy, but unless its me kicking her ass, I'm not going to being witnessing any good fight scenes from this anime.

Unless Bang happens to appear soon.

Articalys

Even if I was still in SF, there's no way in hell I'd go back to see Madoka in theaters if the audience it would attract would be the same kind as last time. Completely ruins the movie.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 15

Damn, Masaru doesn't fuck around.

So at first I was pretty convinced that that kid's mom was a prostitute, her working nights, her trying to keep Doremi and Momoko from trying to look for part-time work there, customers calling her "mistress", and then she said "I take great pride in my work, but society does not." This made seeing Doremi's and Aiko's fathers there quite interesting at the time. By the end I wasn't too sure though. I highly doubt she'd work as a prostitute in a restaurant that she created with her late husband, especially seeing as how much it meant to her. And then it turns out the kid used to go there and eat dinner and such. No way she'd let him come to the place where's she's operating in that kind of line of work. I guess it came back to that story she told about the drunk dude, and then that other drunk dude coming in. There's some rather undesirable company that comes into that place is what it boils down to I guess.

Still wondering what she meant by that comment though. Society respects restaurant operators. Hell, even bartenders. Hmm...

Kansoku

Kyoukai no Kanata - 3

Yes! Plot is moving on a little, new character seems awesome. Love seeing all these different fight styles, and I hope they expand more on them.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Even if I was still in SF, there's no way in hell I'd go back to see Madoka in theaters if the audience it would attract would be the same kind as last time. Completely ruins the movie.
Was it really that bad? People were kind of inconsiderate to the viewing experience of other people around them when I went, but it wasn't intolerable. Maybe I'd feel differently if the content was entirely new though.

Looking at the most viewed recent episodes in animeultima, it seems to me that every one of us has that has a guilty pleasure in the harem genre isn't alone. Because IS2 and Yuusha Ni Magic Home Depot are part of the list.

This might seem like an obvious question but bare with me as I've only recently (within the last year or so) started to keep up with anime broadcast instead of chugging all episodes at the same time. Are the more anticipated shows left for weekends? Or early in the week?

I can't tell honestly. Here in the US it just depends on the time slot with weekends, outside of Sunday nights, being a black hole of ratings.

Gatchaman Crowds END

Wow, what a surprising little series this was. When I first saw the character designs, my expectations plummeted to the bottom of the ocean. Really glad I decided to give this a shot.

It's the kind of show that managed to work despite the inconsistent art and animation.

Hajime is the fucking best.

Lool ..it can't be that bad .
Just go watch Pretty Cure.
You should all be able to guess who made the statement above .
Anyway .
horrible horrible anime
you should watch school days instead.
*sigh
Bebop is the ff7 of anime
*double sigh
I gave up on it. It suffered from annoying anime sidekick syndrome.
*triple sigh

Wait this turned into a steinsgate thread all of the sudden ... WTF

duckroll

Kyousougiga TV - Episode 2

It's really been a bit odd but really interesting to see how this franchise developed. From a rather mindless one-shot created for no reason other than to have interesting and dynamic characters for Banpresto to sell figures of, it has evolved slowly into a fully developed world of its own filled with colorful characters with very odd backstories of their own.

This episode further solidifies the intention of the TV series as not being an extension or continuation, but rather an evolution. It tells the same stories as the second series of shorts, but now with more detailed chronology, more thought put into fleshing out details and connecting the dots between the characters. It's certainly an interesting way of developing a franchise.

Another interesting detail I noticed is that the "Past" segment numbering jumped from "2" to "4" in this episode. While it could be an error, it is more likely that the gap there represents a missing chapter which covers Koto's birth - something which seems to be a central mystery in the mythos itself.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 15

Damn, Masaru doesn't fuck around.

So at first I was pretty convinced that that kid's mom was a prostitute, her working nights, her trying to keep Doremi and Momoko from trying to look for part-time work there, customers calling her "mistress", and then she said "I take great pride in my work, but society does not." This made seeing Doremi's and Aiko's fathers there quite interesting at the time. By the end I wasn't too sure though. I highly doubt she'd work as a prostitute in a restaurant that she created with her late husband, especially seeing as how much it meant to her. And then it turns out the kid used to go there and eat dinner and such. No way she'd let him come to the place where's she's operating in that kind of line of work. I guess it came back to that story she told about the drunk dude, and then that other drunk dude coming in. There's some rather undesirable company that comes into that place is what it boils down to I guess.

Still wondering what she meant by that comment though. Society respects restaurant operators. Hell, even bartenders. Hmm...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of this immediately.

Kyoukai no Kanata 3

This is show fails to make me care about anyone or anything going on. The characters aren't characters at all but merely fetish objects meant to deliver ham fisted otaku pandering dialog.

I thought that even if sex wasn't involved, she did more than a waitress would normally be expected to do.

Which makes me feel at odds... in how basically both Mom and Dad created the store as his dream. Or he was initially the one doing it but then Mom took over when he was no longer able to manage it.

Dude, no. Why suffer through more than a few minutes of this?

I try to give everything a fair chance because a couple of shows that I lost interest in the first few episodes ended up being watchable later on once I came back later.

Freezing is one example. I could do with less boobage. In fact every girl in this anime needs to get boob reduction job. But the story for a harem was solid.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Pacific Rim

Plot: Dumb
Acting: Not good
Action Scenes: Fucking awesome

Verdict: Turn off your brain and enjoy the ride.

Kyoukai no Kanata 03:

This show continues to deliver. Though the ending preview basically spoils how the battle's going to end. So yeah, don't watch that part.

I think you have passed the point where you can be saved.

eh. I'm easy to please and very hard to displease.

I've dropped plenty of anime, usually bad harems/slice of life comedies, but it's usually easier when I can watch them back to back as I get a bigger idea of the quality. When I have to wait a whole week for the next episode I tend to forgive and forget about the main issues.

Hyouka 18-19

The romantic tension between Oreki and Chitanda is heating up!

This is one of those shows that could have really benefited from a second season to expand on these relationships, but from what I hear it wasn't too popular and (more importantly) the source material is slower than a constipated turtle in coming out.

Looking at the most viewed recent episodes in animeultima, it seems to me that every one of us has that has a guilty pleasure in the harem genre isn't alone. Because IS2 and Yuusha Ni Magic Home Depot are part of the list.

This might seem like an obvious question but bare with me as I've only recently (within the last year or so) started to keep up with anime broadcast instead of chugging all episodes at the same time. Are the more anticipated shows left for weekends? Or early in the week?

I can't tell honestly. Here in the US it just depends on the time slot with weekends, outside of Sunday nights, being a black hole of ratings.

It really depends, honestly. I've noticed all of the stuff I'm watching this season is on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays, and it's pretty much all major stuff. I'd say that earlier in the week tends to be weaker, but even then, I'm not quite sure about that.

There are blocks and stuff, but the only one I know of by name is noitaminA, which is always Thursdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom