• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Valvrave 14

Lol. This was like a straight up copy of one of the Gundam Seed episodes but with more dorama. lol. Also lol at the
friend finding out about Haruto.

cnet128

Banned
BlazBlue: Alter Memory 2

lol
they went for the final loop right off the bat, and without even introducing half the characters. People who haven't played the games are going to have no idea what the fuck is going on. Calamity Trigger will be over by the end of next episode, so I'm interested to see where the series is going to go next with this kind of pacing. Are we going to dive head first straight into the Continuum Shift storyline? If they cover that one in three episodes as well, they're going to run out of content before the end of the season XD

BlazBlue: Alter Memory 2

lol
they went for the final loop right off the bat, and without even introducing half the characters. People who haven't played the games are going to have no idea what the fuck is going on. Calamity Trigger will be over by the end of next episode, so I'm interested to see where the series is going to go next with this kind of pacing.

Does that mean there'll be Makoto?

cajunator

Banned
The only thing that I'm not hyped to see in this week KLK is Satsuki's horrible outfit :(

Does not compute.

I don't understand Japanese. What does this mean?

I dunno but I think I saw it in a bollywood film once!

Credits to Catsuka
Kill La Kill ED is a tribute to the drama Sukeban Deka.

https://twitter.com/catsuka/status/390831461177102336

WHOA. How do people notice these things? HOWWWW?

I don't want to go to class. I want to watch Kill LA Kill dammit.

Ill watch it for you!

Uh.... well... he's the president of the United States so all of the states that are part of the US. So... yeah... all the states in the US. Which also agreed to be part of the US.

You are so adorable it hurts.

Team Imaizumi please.
tumblr_mur9bcBkBR1svncpbo1_250.png

He looks generic and skinny. Like me, with my oversized shirts and shiny hair. Except he doesnt have glasses.

cnet128

Banned
Does that mean there'll be Makoto?

Oh, she'll be sure to show up in some form at some point, no matter where they take this.

Actually, she was in one shot in this episode, albeit just a brief glimpse of the Academy days flashbacks that they seem to be completely omitting (sadface).

Oh, she'll be sure to show up in some form at some point wherever they take this.

Actually, she was in one shot in this episode, albeit just a brief glimpse of the Academy days flashbacks that they seem to be completely omitting (sadface).

Somebody (possibly you) better post that godly fuwafuwa tail since I sure as hell ain't watching it!

Tokyo Ravens 2

Phew

Good thing she turned out to be just a
spare
or else that scene would have been much more depressing. Still like that song that played when he was running in the rain though.

Natsume sure has some good makings as a yandere. I will dearly hope she will follow down that blessed path. Starting the like the other girl after she started teasing Harutora and calling him Darling. Pretty fun that he's unable to even deny her cuteness.

Ending played out extremely well. Probably the best moment out of a pretty good episode.

Now if only the horrible CG wasn't here to bring down the entire show.

jediyoshi

Samurai Flamenco 2

ym5jD9m.png

So many ishihara faces!

Still really liking the show. The bro'in out. The dynamic between hazama, his manager, and goto. Hazama having a secret identity like a superhero but at different stakes.

The entire rehearsal scene was golden.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Kiil la Kill - 03

Absolutely amazing. Episode was nothing but adrenalin fueled badassery to the highest degree.
Satsuki
just skyrocketed to the top of my ranks. Hooooooooly shit! The choreography of the fight scenes, the animation, the angle shots, so fucking top notch. I need to take a walk or something because I am so fucking pumped right now! PURITY!

Gazoinks

Kill La Kill 03

That was a pretty awesome episode, especially the fight, although it didn't shake up the status quo of the series as much as the hype seemed to imply. Format's still the same, although since Ryuuko powered up I'm guessing she'll basically be able to cleave through all the two-stars right away. Some more sexy exposition time with Stupid Sexy Sensei is always good, as is another Mako speech. Now what's Satsuki planning, exactly? It almost seems like she wants Ryuuko to get stronger. I'm still expecting them to team up halfway through the series or something.

Looks like people who were talking about exploitation being one of the themes of the series were on the right track.

Samurai Flamenco 2

Stealing Umbrellas is SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS

And we have some new dynamics being shown here. That one girl who overextends her greetings intrigues me a bit when she grabbed Hazama after hearing him say Red Axe. Wonder if she'll shame him or go nuts with the praise to become a waifu contender.

fertygo

KILL la KILL - 03

That GODDAMN CG Ryuko and Satsuki for one action scene cut are worst thing ever, ugh...
The rest of fight are hype though, need to watch it in HD.. Satsuki's outfit not as horrible as I though but its still frigging spandex..
Maybe its Stockholm Syndrome kicking but the OST sounds decent this time, the new insert song pretty shit though.

jman2050

Kill la Kill 3

So,
gratuitous fanservice
as a plot point. Yeah, that's Neo-Gainax for you alright/

Oh right, and the episode itself was perfect, nothing more to say there that isn't self-evident by watching.

EDIT - Also forgot, daily reminder that Mako is the best and if you hate her you hate fun and are probably a miserable pile of secrets or something like that.

Tenumi

Banned
Galilei Donna: 02

I'm... not really feeling this one. It has some fun ideas, but the execution isn't really hitting with me. Dropped.

mAcOdIn

[Monogatari Series Second Season... but mostly time travel stuff, really]

Whoa, that's an odd thing to say. ^_^;
I mean, a grandfather paradox wouldn't simply "cause some problems": it would absolutely break the timeline. The universe would be broken. Not just "bad shit would happen": it simply wouldn't be a working universe. Get another one!
That's why people came up with the idea of ending up in another world altogether: as grandiose a solution as it may seem, since we're avoiding grandfather paradoxes, that would work and therefore be infinitely better than the above.

The way I see it, there really aren't many options anyway:
1) Time travel isn't possible.
2) Time travel is possible, but changing the past isn't...
2a) ... as the time traveler becomes some kind of ghost absolutely unable to interact with his surroundings.
2b) ... as anything the time traveler does in the past actually is what had happened in the past anyway.
2c) ... as any jump to the past actually sends the time traveler to a parallel world (identical to the original up to the point where the time traveler appears, seemingly out of nowhere).
Etc. (any ideas?)
Basically, anything as long as you keep your time traveler from actually altering the past of his own timeline because, logically speaking, "we just can't have that".
(of course, a lot of writers ignore that anyway, but hey! pet peeve!)

I'd link to Wikipedia, but the last time I checked, the articles were in pretty bad shape... Tohoho...
Well, I think the other possibility is this:

One could assume Araragi a and Araragi b are more or less similar, right? So, Araragi a may not be able to alter his own timeline but what of Araragi B? He can do whatever the fuck he wants to because he's outside the timeline anyways, whatever he does doesn't affect him, right? So can't Araragi a go back and fix up Araragi b's timeline and ask Araragi b to then do the same for his in return?

And if NOT than wouldn't that mean a force stronger than a dimension or single timeline was then keeping you from doing so? What the hell would that force be? Be crazy if you had to keep from making paradoxes across timelines too.

I didn't even want to get into what you got into next, lol, too early in the morning for that! Basically, I think if we go the alternate dimension theory than it's only fair that there be an alternate dimension for not only every human element changed in the past but insect, spec of dirt, air, whatever, I don't see how the universe would differentiate between our atoms and theirs.
Oh no you di'int
Such a horrible thing to say, I know.

santeesioux

Samurai Flamenco 2

I enjoyed this one a lot more than the first episode, will continue to watch for now.

Galilei Donna 2

In contrast to SF, i didn't enjoy this one as much as the first episode, this show is on notice.

LordCanti

KILL la KILL - 03

That GODDAMN CG Ryuko and Satsuki for one action scene cut are worst thing ever, ugh...
The rest of fight are hype though, need to watch it in HD.. Satsuki's outfit not as horrible as I though but its still frigging spandex..
Maybe its Stockholm Syndrome kicking but the OST sounds decent this time, the new insert song pretty shit though.

I don't know how likely it is, but I'd like that redone for the Blu-Ray. Everything else is so damn good, but for one excruciating second, they were walking towards each other and ohmigod it was bad.

Kill la Kill 3

EDIT - Also forgot, daily reminder that Mako is the best and if you hate her you hate fun and are probably a miserable pile of secrets or something like that.

Mako is love.

Kill la Kill 3

Just awesome. There's one gross CG cut of Ryuko and Satsuki, but thank god it ended at one and the rest looked great. There's some clever toying with viewer expectations during the action
(Decapitation weapon slow-mo, academy getting destroyed)
. Will
Satsuki's parents
find out about what she's done and become relevant, given sexy Sensei's information on the family? Based Mako returns with a new speech granting Ryuko a fictional cupgrade. Oh, and Satsuki had some choice lines in there for those who aren't found of the outfits :p When smut becomes plot.

cnet128

Banned
Nagi no Asu Kara 3

FRIENDSHIP IS BEAUTIFUL

Wait that was a different anime. Friendship is pretty nice here too though. Nice to see everyone pretty much getting along despite Hikari's continued anger management issues.

More seafolk lore that goes some way towards explaining the taboos, and some other interesting revelations (
Tsumugu's grandfather was a sea person? The adorable loli brats are Akari's boyfriend's daughters? Or at least one of them is.
)

survivor

Banned
Hajime No Ippo RIsing 1

Checked this out to see if the fights will be good to convince me to pick up the older seasons, and well the fight shown was disappointing. Just like all boxing shit before, quite boring. Well the visuals are sorta neat, but I don't see myself going through 100 episodes of this.

Galilel Donna 2

Well your parents must be dead, so I guess we can't be whole, eh.

Everyone wants Galilel's cock basically, he must be the king of dicks or something. Can't trust em. Nope.

NouCome 2

Amakusa Kanade, you are a failure as a main character. The purpose of a main character is for the viewer to identify with, and how am I supposed to identify with a guy whose
first reaction to being transformed into a girl is to demand to be changed back immediately
?!
That sounds like a whywouldyoudothat.jpg moment for sure...

That said, this show continues to entertain me. That God guy was amusing, even if none of Kanade's jokes were.
Is the show actually worth watching? I haven't watched it yet...

fertygo

Hajime No Ippo RIsing 1

Checked this out to see if the fights will be good to convince me to pick up the older seasons, and well the fight shown was disappointing. Just like all boxing shit before, quite boring. Well the visuals are sorta neat, but I don't see myself going through 100 episodes of this.
I want to Dempsey Roll you. At least give the original a chance.
Her speech on fanservice is a worthy rallying cry against our Google overlords!

Someone should .gif that later.

Her speech on fanservice is a worthy rallying cry against our Google overlords!

The fact that Google is embarrassed by the values of the masses only proves how small they are. If it means fulfilling our ambitions, we will show neither shame nor hesitation, even if we post NSFW gifs for all the world to see.

Erigu

[Monogatari Series Second Season]
One could assume Araragi a and Araragi b are more or less similar, right? So, Araragi a may not be able to alter his own timeline but what of Araragi B? He can do whatever the fuck he wants to because he's outside the timeline anyways, whatever he does doesn't affect him, right?
I'd say that what matters isn't whether or not it would affect him, but rather whether or not it would introduce paradoxes/contradictions in one or several of the timelines. And changing the events of a timeline would do just that.
In the Monogatari series, it seems any attempt to change history would simply send you to / create another timeline where you showed up and "changed" stuff.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Kill la Kill Episode 3:

Then it was given to Lady Sasuki the power to revolutionize the world and yet with her words is willing to let her kingdom crumble. At any rate, yes indeed ,this show is getting better and better as we learn Kill La Kill can take a break from the manic pacing for a bit in order to get in more character building and backstory as we are beginning to really learn what makes her really tick. Though I don't think she is the big bad considering she is ruling in absentia for her mother. Also, I suppose we can truly call not just Mako but the entire Mankanshoku clan as the breakout characters of this program. Also, I give them some credit for actually working the fanservice into the narrative, a lesson that Yuusha ni Narenakatta desperately need to learn. Also, yea, the soundtrack is getting less bad, but still not really good.

Dresden

samurai flamenco - 02

Better episode than last week's. Better structure, and the introduction of Ishihara and the Mineral Miracle Muse girls spices things up a bit. The show is still ugly, though. It's not something I mind much - it never feels jarring, because it's just how it looks most of the time - but still, you know.

People who were exasperated by Masayoshi's antics last episode won't be pleased this week either, but I think that exasperation is an intentional part of the package, mirroring Goto's view of the man. Their banter remains amusing and the introduction of the MMM girls serves as a nice contrast between the naturalistic dialogue of the leads and the bright, artificial conversation of the pop idols. It's solid stuff.

Where the show goes will depend on how his manager will approach this situation. The reality tv scenario feels likely right now.

Kill La Kill 3

All of those buuuuuuuuuuuuuuutts I'm dyin' over here. Everything but that clearly awful CG was wonderful and I'm glad we got to see a Ryuko/Satsuki fight so early in the show, and now I don't know whose team I want to be on anymore.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's nine o'clock. We head to your local Internet message board for an
animenewsupdate.png

Good evening. I'm your host BGBW and in the headlines today:

[thread=698476]Monkey finds Cowboy Bebop to be not that great. Is accused of having gone insane.[/thread]

[post=86368738]Trigger fails to save anime. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result. One distraught onlooker tells us "we called for the emergency services not the fan services".[/post]

The Eccentric Family appears on Hulu. Mass confusion over whether NISA has licenced it or not breaks out. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result.

That is all from us in the studio. Good night and see you again for the next Anime News Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom