• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

iiC9lfMPVwtGW.gif

Mako's smile never disappears.

She's been using Smilex.

Kill la Kill - 3

Well Satsuki just became my favourite character. Seriously I cannot wait to learn more about this woman's back story. Also, DAT FIGHT. sogood.gif. Now the real part of this show begins. Just like Gurren Lagann where Simon and Kamina set off towards the enemy's headquarters in the third episode, Ryuko now sets off to defeat the entire school. That's nice and all, but I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Satsuki teams up with Ryuko to take down a greater evil. I can easily see it happening, and if it does, it's gonna be freaking awesome.

LayLa

Samurai Flamenco 2

yep this show isn't for me, don't care about the characters (apart from the cop) and the dialog is pretty weak.

Katanagatari 1-6

i imagine the art style for this show is divisive, personally i'm a big fan but can see why others would disagree.
double length episodes means double the chances of Nisiowaffle and some episodes get bogged down in the middle because of this, and even though this isn't made by Shaft there's plenty of eyeball closeups. the episode with the Insect Squad was one of the funniest episodes of anime i've seen in a long time, the troll ending was great stuff.

Big O 1-3

now we're talking. Roger & Dorothy make a great team, really enjoy their interactions. Episode 3 got a bit Scooby-Doo towards the end but was still enjoyable. onward!

Serial Experiments Lain is now getting an Anime Classics from FUNimation next January. It also appears to still be a DVD/Blu-ray combo, like the alternate edition released this past January without the huge booklet and artbook.

cnet128

Banned
Katanagatari 1-6

i imagine the art style for this show is divisive, personally i'm a big fan but can see why others would disagree.
double length episodes means double the chances of Nisiowaffle and some episodes get bogged down in the middle because of this, and even though this isn't made by Shaft there's plenty of eyeball closeups. the episode with the Insect Squad was one of the funniest episodes of anime i've seen in a long time, the troll ending was great stuff.

Yessssssssss Katanagatari is wonderful. y u no post impressions per episode.

Kurita

It's nine o'clock. We head to your local Internet message board for an
animenewsupdate.png

Good evening. I'm your host BGBW and in the headlines today:

[thread=698476]Monkey finds Cowboy Bebop to be not that great. Is accused of having gone insane.[/thread]

[post=86368738]Trigger fails to save anime. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result. One distraught onlooker tells us "we called for the emergency services not the fan services".[/post]

The Eccentric Family appears on Hulu. Mass confusion over whether NISA has licenced it or not breaks out. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result.

That is all from us in the studio. Good night and see you again for the next Anime News Update.
Good finds.

Chronoexe

Katanagatari 1-6

I would love to read your impression of episode 4.

I'm still waiting for a Ova of the Sabi Hakuhei fight :(

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Galilei Donna Episode 2:

Agreed on the sentiment that this episode was a step down, no matter how needed it was. This was your basic establishing episode, as we learn who the villains are, their reach and power, establish the stakes and the macguffin and propel our heroes into the world spanning globetrotters.
Also they lose their parents as expected.

Shergal

So Kill la Kill needs less horrible Sanzigen CG ruining fight scenes, and more of this
GrZUZKD.gif

So fun and expressive, best part of the episode. Ep 4 looks like it'll be great, madcap family antics > "epic" fighting.

CorvoSol

Revolutionary Gurren Lagann Utena 3

GOT

DAYUM.

So Utena finds herself facing Touga, and the duel is going rough. And of course it is, since Touga is manipulating her reliance upon society's morals to win, whilst Touga is not. WakabAnthy intervenes, and Utena casts aside her old views to fight the duel. Meanwhile, from a neighboring windo, Akio observes the duels with moderate interest, and somewhere in the crowd a young Lordgenome notes the power of the Kamui. Kamui are the technological predecessors of Laganns, Life Fibre being humanity's first understanding of Spiral Power.

No but seriously DAT FIGHT. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. This is only episode 3 of like a bunch more and it is SO good. These Utena Gurren Lagann vibes just keep on crashing over me and the show is so good. This is the most fun show of the year, folks.

Theonik

Eden of the East 03-04
And now things make a bit more sense. Don't know what that guy was before he erased his memory but his exploits were kinda glorious.
We were also introduced to some new concepts and well 'things happened' as you'd say.
So far this is basically what Mirai Nikki should have been.
Really enjoying it and the visual direction while very :IG is still not terribly bad. Hopefully they can keep it up.

Senyuu 03-04
zzzzzzz, lolis, zzzzzzzzz, foyfoy, zzzzzzzzzz. SAVE LITTLE GIRLS.
If I could I'd so drop this shit right now.

Princess Jellyfish 01
Pretty damn good first episode.
Saw the crossdresser stuff coming from a mile away.
Pretty funny too. ED was nice.

Kids on the Slope 03-04
Because Love triangles and now banal he's a love pentagon to play with.
Plenty of NTR antics at play here, but so far they aren't handling them badly. Hopefully they can tidy things up a bit over the next couple of eps.
The Jazz gig was pretty nice and the backstory we got was even better. Some impressively well done stuff.

Hajime no Ippo Rising 2:
Although I felt the first half of this fight was really rushed compared to the manga, the second episode did it a lot of justice. It was really enjoyable to watch, and the dramatic moments were all pretty strong. This was a good way to kick off the new season, and I'm looking forward to seeing some of the later fights.

I did start thinking towards the end about how the music just doesn't really compare to the original series, though.

Nordicus

Yessssssssss Katanagatari is wonderful. y u no post impressions per episode.
Dude, BROFI-

VkOLRxC.jpg

I can't wait the reaction when LayLa sees the "People die when they're killed" line making sense in context of Shichika not understanding the actual impact of killing someone

DominoKid

BlazBlue: Alter Memory 2

lol
they went for the final loop right off the bat, and without even introducing half the characters. People who haven't played the games are going to have no idea what the fuck is going on. Calamity Trigger will be over by the end of next episode, so I'm interested to see where the series is going to go next with this kind of pacing. Are we going to dive head first straight into the Continuum Shift storyline? If they cover that one in three episodes as well, they're going to run out of content before the end of the season XD

i've played the games and i still don't really understand.

Samurai Flamenco 2

Right now, the only thing carrying this show is the soundtrack. Outside of that, it's a less depressing version of Kick-Ass, something I wasn't a huge fan of. Might give it 1 or 2 more episodes for something interesting to happen before dropping it.

Dresden

KILL LA KILL - 3

This is the show slapping all the shame-feeling losers in the face. Abandon all shame. Become one with the nudity. Step into the purpose, feel the purity of conviction. Dat cg, dat Mako, dat Mako's family's insanely energetic sleep routine, dat everything.

I'm disappointed that it didn't go in a 'whole new direction,' though. Hoped for
the academy becoming ruined, but instead it's going to be student of the week stuff for a while.

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco 2

It's hard not to tease this show about being Boy's Love when it has scenes in which the protagonist has to hide his boyfriend sex toys from his female manager, who is portrayed as anything but sympathetic.

Also fuck the misleading OP which teases me with the hope of action.

Also Goto's girlfriend in Canada is dead or not real.

I didn't forget it, I ignored it because it makes no sense to me! Aggrh!
Basically, it's the good old "you can go back to the past, but you can't prevent Hitler's birth, man, 'cause that's history!", but why would the universe / the laws of physics / whatever care so much about Hitler's birth and still let me do other "trivial" stuff on the side? What are the criteria for what needs to happen and what "doesn't really matter so knock yourself out!"? Does human history mysteriously trump the fate of the ant I stepped on right after my jump to the past? That ant had a family!
And even if "correcting" things so the exact same outcome would result sometime down the line were possible, as long as it takes time for these things to get sorted out, you still end up with a paradoxical/nonsensical period in your timeline, so that's no good!
Simple , as i said there is ALWAYS the doctor who solution , your time travel device prevent you from going in places where it could be "bad".. here problem solved !

i actually love time travel stories so i've seen a lot of stuff on the matter .. correcting can even happen off -screen if you need to , or right after the event in a "final destination" fashion to create suspense. You can even allow your time travel to rewrite history , but you still have , at some point to define some rules or else, this doesn't make sense.

And it's all decided by the writter.

animenewsupdate.png

[thread=698476]Monkey finds Cowboy Bebop to be not that great. Is accused of having gone insane.[/thread]

[post=86368738]Trigger fails to save anime. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result. One distraught onlooker tells us "we called for the emergency services not the fan services".[/post]

The Eccentric Family appears on Hulu. Mass confusion over whether NISA has licenced it or not breaks out. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result.

That is all from us in the studio. Good night and see you again for the next Anime News Update.

Lool , where are you pulling those 650K numbers from ?

Kill la Kill - 3

Well Satsuki just became my favourite character. Seriously I cannot wait to learn more about this woman's back story. Also, DAT FIGHT. sogood.gif. Now the real part of this show begins. Just like Gurren Lagann where Simon and Kamina set off towards the enemy's headquarters in the third episode, Ryuko now sets off to defeat the entire school. That's nice and all, but I'm waiting for the inevitable moment when Satsuki teams up with Ryuko to take down a greater evil. I can easily see it happening, and if it does, it's gonna be freaking awesome.

Now? What was she doing in episodes 1 and 2? Let's not kid ourselves, this was the plan all along :p

KLK 3
So, that was a spectacular epic action episode, if somewhat ugly in parts (dat CG). It was also just an early boss fight to set up the enemy, and then continue normally with enemies of the week. The hype of "this changes everything!" was unwarranted, as I feared. Never trust otakus.
The rivalry and chemistry between both characters have been well established, I'm dying to see if they will ally in the end, as some people speculate.
The whole shamelessness-as-power-up is also very Trigger/old Gainax, we remember Gunbuster/Diebuster right? It's not as different from the typical hot-blooded/will to fight powerup, except with fanservice that Gainax loves :p. In a way, instead of being an anti-otaku show (say, Evangelion), it's a pro-otaku show. Embrace your shamelessness, embrace the Gainax tit bounce and the fanservice, embrace your otakuness. I remembering Otaku no Video right now, in fact...

LayLa

I would love to read your impression of episode 4.

I'm still waiting for a Ova of the Sabi Hakuhei fight :(

Don't know what else to say about Episode 4 really. The Maniwari ninjas have quickly become fav characters of mine - love the whimsical designs, the creepy eyes especially.

d0cewuU.jpg

insect bros

The way that the sister tortured them one by one just for fun was funny and disturbing at the same time, some of Nisio's best writing there. The resolution to the big fight after the all that buildup - I really didn't see that coming! Genuinely made me laugh out loud as soon as I realised what was happening. And then they kept going, describing it in minute detail! Nisio plz.

jbug617

Banned
Kill La Kill 3

Mako once again is a scene stealer. She is great. I want to put up the gif but it will spoil it once you see it.

I knew there was going to be
another suit, I just didn't expect for them to use it right now.

Syrinx

Kill La KIll 3

Oh God. OH GOD. I feel so fucking AMPED right now! God fucking DAMMIT!
Satsuki rocked that thing like a fucking BOSS. And then lays the fucking truth on Ryuko. The outfit makes her into her ultimate self, the most powerful, awesome beign there is. What shame is there to feel when you are A FUCKING GOD?! And then Ryuko gets it with the help of a speech from Mako that puts every word Winston Churchill ever said to fucking shame. She becomes one with the suit. And becomes a GOD! And then AMAZING battle with Satsuki engages. Holy shit, it's the third episode and this show's already cranked it up to eleven.

AND IT"S ONLY GOING TO GET BIGGER! AND BETTER! AND BETTER! AND BIGGER! AND BIGGER BETTER! AND BETTER BIGGER BETTER BETTER BIGGER
!

It's a good thing I don't drive, cause if I did, I"d get in that car and fucking floor that shit right now. In Charlotte. During rush hour.

Gazoinks

Ooh, Log Horizon and White Album 2 are tomorrow? For some reason I thought they aired on Saturdays. Thursday & Friday are my anime days I guess. Kinda nice since those're the days I don't have class.

Random question for AnimeGAF, what's your favorite opening this season so far? Kyousougiga's is for me.

CorvoSol

Honestly, I felt this episode of Samurai Flamenco was much improved over last week's. If the series really does follow the route I'm hoping, then I may yet wind up really enjoying it.

Gazoinks

Honestly, I felt this episode of Samurai Flamenco was much improved over last week's. If the series really does follow the route I'm hoping, then I may yet wind up really enjoying it.

Yeah, I had the same feeling. I'm glad of that, because I think this show does have the potential to turn out pretty nicely.

So Utena finds herself facing Touga, and the duel is going rough. And of course it is, since Touga is manipulating her reliance upon society's morals to win, whilst Touga is not. WakabAnthy intervenes, and Utena casts aside her old views to fight the duel. Meanwhile, from a neighboring windo, Akio observes the duels with moderate interest, and somewhere in the crowd a young Lordgenome notes the power of the Kamui. Kamui are the technological predecessors of Laganns, Life Fibre being humanity's first understanding of Spiral Power.

Madoka Spoilers

Cool! I wonder what the Anti-Spirals are doing during all this. Have they already begun their killing spree? Or are they sitting down having a nice chat about energy in the universe with Kyubey somewhere? Before blowing his race to extinction due to too much energy harvesting.

Arpeggion of blue steel - ars nova ( this name is awefully long i think ) episode 2

Shp battles are very very entertaining , dialog is alright ... it wasn't hard to get past the overall look of the anime because they are doing good things with it

Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2002_01.jpg

i'm loving how she plays with a starfish

My only real problem is that the twist is obvious and i hope they won't go this route ... and nothing for for concern is HOW they handled this part .
Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2002_02.jpg

Fair question BUT

Was this love at the first sight ? Is that a harem route i'm seeing ? WHAT ?

Syrinx

animenewsupdate.png

If this doesn't become something you do regularly, I will hate you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom