• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 28

An interesting episode appear. It's a Hana episode. And by that, I mean she's literally the primary focus. No Aiko, Onpu, Momoko, or Hazuki appears in here. Doremi does, but only for a little bit, and it wasn't to really solve anything, everything was all Hana's ambition and magic.

She clearly inherited her leadership skills from Pop, but her steak boner and her unwillingness to eat carrots is totally a Doremi thing (well the steak boner at least). Teki and Tekipaki reminds me of some assholes from Pop's Kindergarten, which is why her actions connected me to Pop. Also Oyajide was a cool dude in this episode since his Onpu boner wasn't in effect. He was basically not sucking at his job, and actually giving fucks. Makes me thing there will be an overall change to his character down the line.

AND THEN MIDSEASON CLIMAX
The Cursed Forest is back after Hana summoned the kids mothers, as well as Doremi when they were upset after Teki and Tekipaki nearly drowned everyone much to their mistakes. The forest did something to Hana, but we have no idea what that is.

Samurai Flamenco 02

Red Axe!

Well that was pretty entertaining. We still get the two main leads opposing views on the world and it does look like at least one of those girls will be important to the plot.

Definitely looking forward to seeing where this series goes.

cajunator

Banned
It's nine o'clock. We head to your local Internet message board for an
animenewsupdate.png

Good evening. I'm your host BGBW and in the headlines today:

[thread=698476]Monkey finds Cowboy Bebop to be not that great. Is accused of having gone insane.[/thread]

[post=86368738]Trigger fails to save anime. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result. One distraught onlooker tells us "we called for the emergency services not the fan services".[/post]

The Eccentric Family appears on Hulu. Mass confusion over whether NISA has licenced it or not breaks out. 650,000 otakus believed to have been injured as a result.

That is all from us in the studio. Good night and see you again for the next Anime News Update.

This is way too good.

But what of Mako? MakoxMakoMom?

Well Mako is adorable for sure. She reminds me alot of Shiranui.

jbug617

Banned
IS S2 3

I thought this was going to be a regular school festival but I was wrong. The last 2 minutes got me hyped for the next episode.

Minami-Ke Betsubara

I can't believe there are several hours of Minami-Ke that I haven't watched. GIMME MY HOSAKA SERVICE!

minamike-fish01.jpg

Yesssssss...

Besides wanting to see this licensed I would enjoy seeing a fifth season and fourth OVA, or maybe just a song album dedicated to Hosaka to add to the two other soundtracks for Minami-ke I own.

Polar Bear Cafe 01

I'm one episode in and I love this show. Right now I'm laughing more at the ridiculousness of animals walking around and eating at cafes after a hard day work of being animals at the zoo.

Also that Polar Bear and I would be great friends with all those unbearable puns.

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 28

An interesting episode appear. It's a Hana episode. And by that, I mean she's literally the primary focus. No Aiko, Onpu, Momoko, or Hazuki appears in here. Doremi does, but only for a little bit, and it wasn't to really solve anything, everything was all Hana's ambition and magic.

She clearly inherited her leadership skills from Pop, but her steak boner and her unwillingness to eat carrots is totally a Doremi thing (well the steak boner at least). Teki and Tekipaki reminds me of some assholes from Pop's Kindergarten, which is why her actions connected me to Pop. Also Oyajide was a cool dude in this episode since his Onpu boner wasn't in effect. He was basically not sucking at his job, and actually giving fucks. Makes me thing there will be an overall change to his character down the line.

AND THEN MIDSEASON CLIMAX
The Cursed Forest is back after Hana summoned the kids mothers, as well as Doremi when they were upset after Teki and Tekipaki nearly drowned everyone much to their mistakes. The forest did something to Hana, but we have no idea what that is.

Through brief skimmings of your posts I've been seeing Hana-chan pop up a lot more. Does she get more focus as the series goes on? Would be great if she did.

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 75 – A Destined Encounter! Gemini Returns!
tumblr_muuc3h2OJK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Remember when Saint Seiya Omega was about shonen fighting? Unfortunately, that is just a memory of the past. Pretty weak episode overall
Dragon Ryuho didnt even do the final blow even, and Subaru and Kouga got barely any time, disappointing
. Only good part was Scarlet Janus Paradox Black is the new Gold line :(

jman2050

Golden Time 3

Well that went places. Not where I was expecting, but it was places nonetheless.
Beware of strange invitations!

So, we got ourselves some
amnesia
hey? Cliched, but a workable setup.

I liked all three episodes, so I'll probably stick with this for the long haul.

Through brief skimmings of your posts I've been seeing Hana-chan pop up a lot more. Does she get more focus as the series goes on? Would be great if she did.

Well considering how they talked about how important she was throughout Sharp, that would be the case.

Polar Bear Cafe 01

I'm one episode in and I love this show. Right now I'm laughing more at the ridiculousness of animals walking around and eating at cafes after a hard day work of being animals at the zoo.

Also that Polar Bear and I would be great friends with all those unbearable puns.

It was one of the best shows of last year. I'm still not sure why I stopped watching it, because I watched a few more episodes a couple months ago, and they were great.

yeah it was a fantastic opening episode.

This is what I live for in anime. Moments like these.
PolarBearCafe_MomVacuum.jpg

A MOMENT LIKE THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

SOME PANDAS WAIT A LIFETIIIIIIIIIME

Saint Seiya Omega Episode 75 – A Destined Encounter! Gemini Returns!
tumblr_muuc3h2OJK1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Remember when Saint Seiya Omega was about shonen fighting? Unfortunately, that is just a memory of the past. Pretty weak episode overall
Dragon Ryuho didnt even do the final blow even, and Subaru and Kouga got barely any time, disappointing
. Only good part was Scarlet Janus Paradox Black is the new Gold line :(
clashes between gold saints or similar are not bad .. This episode gave a logical reasonto add one more gold saint to the overall forces while tying the lose ends from season 1. Besides ryuho burned his cosmo and was a pivotal asset to the final victory ..

It was much better than seeing subaru claiming again and again that he would become a god with no basis what so ever so far.
Paradox actually felt like an actual treat and not just a "opponent of the week" -like ennemy.
IS S2 3

I thought this was going to be a regular school festival but I was wrong. The last 2 minutes got me hyped for the next episode.

As much as i think that this season episode 2 was dull i have to admit that episode 3 cinderella performance would have been the most original ever If the world end with you manga hadn't done better 2 week ago ..

Student concil president was actually messing things up in a good way this time.. and it's great that she isn't lusting after the MC so far but more like having fun.
her opening the flood gates was a superb move.

clashes between gold saints or similar are not bad .. This episode gave a logical reasonto add one more gold saint to the overall forces while tying the lose ends from season 1. Besides ryuho burned his cosmo and was a pivotal asset to the final victory ..

It was much better than seeing subaru claiming again and again that he would become a god with no basis what so ever so far.
Paradox actually felt like an actual treat and not just a "opponent of the week" -like ennemy..

After what happened to Sonia, Im not going to fall victim to potentially supporting another Saint of such character again
if anything Integra will probably be badly defeating or something, or her cloth given away. Maybe I could see support for Paradox but she lost in the episode so :(

Syrinx

Galilei Donna 2

Hmm...this episode felt kinda weak.

There has to be more to this Anna Hendricks girl. No way she's just a Galileo nerd who discovered a secret code in John Milton's Paradise Lost (speaking of which, huh?) who got caught up in all this by accident. She seems a bit too experienced.

And I dunno, saying "I can't do anything" after you just built a massive mech rings kinda hollow.
And Sylvia's death? That was kinda random. They should go into that next episode. The way that last scene went I feel like she killed herself.

But now at least they're leaving Italy and are going on an adventure together now. So maybe good stuff will happen between the sisters.

Nagi no Asukara Episode 3 – The Tradition of the Sea
tumblr_muue4waq481qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_muue4waq481qbxqfpo2_500.png

Wow so far the strongest three episode opening of the season. Gundam Build Fighters and Samurai Flamenco ought to be able to match this in storytelling quality and character development, hopefully, but everything else in the quality storytelling department, Nagi no Asukara has threw down the gauntlet hard.

The outcome of this episode through their trial and tribulation was well worth it and wholly interesting
Hikari actually immediately accepting Tsumugu as a friend even and swiftly close too in their one on one moment in one of the most beautiful scenes in the anime, was pleasing and really satisfying. Almost though he would stay at odds with him but for it to turn around just now was surprising. The whole conclusion of it all leading to the water side fun time gave really happy tears. Its just hard to describe into words the feelings the scene invoked but extremely memorable.

After what happened to Sonia, Im not going to fall victim to potentially supporting another Saint of such character again
if anything Integra will probably be badly defeating or something, or her cloth given away. Maybe I could see support for Paradox but she lost in the episode so :(

Sonia was actually on a dark spiral path of bad choices because she was driven by her "familly" desire. given that new genimi "found" her resolve, there is no reason for such events to happen ever again.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Series Review

Finished this last night and spent overnight forming on opinion on the series overall. First, let me say that this anime is the first to make me cry, literally tears running down my face and whatnot. No anime I've previously watched has done that, the best effort is me only being able to tear up.

Anohana is an 11-episode series filled with great heart and melodrama. It is a tragedy but not horror-themed (the type of tragic anime I'm mostly familiar with i.e. Steins;Gate, Mawaru Penguindrum, Madoka Magika, etc.). And as with most short series there is no filler episodes to my knowledge in Anohana.

Music is great and I count that as one of the main aspects in me being able to actually cry, the show times its ED perfectly in context with each scene it is played in and its OP is pleasing to the ears as well (I know the ED is a cover but I believe its sung by the actual VAs of the series).

I found its down-to-earth setting to be an important factor in the show. Of course it's not completely down-to-earth with its supernatural/ghost aspect (becoming more prominent during the end of the series) but that's a given with set up with the main plot of the show. In short Anohana dives into the concept of how one (in this case a group of friends) copes with a tragic death and does a great job at it.

Many scenes of this show was great and I've grown to love each character in the group. The temple confession scene was great with me believing that Poppo had it the hardest having actually witnessed the death and floating corpse of Menma. Then of course there's the ending.

The ending
was, of course, the scene which brought me to tears. I've read both here and on other sites that this was met with mixed reactions. For me I found it to be great as the "hide-and-seek" bawling/yelling was a good reference back to the childhood the group shared together. The letters was what did it for me though, then the ED fucking played and I couldn't stop.

The show is great, one of the best I watched. The only criticism I have is that it should've had 1-3 episodes more dedicated to the other characters.
It was only the temple confession scene to which I had feels for Tsuruko and didn't view Poppo as just a clown character anymore.
If anyone should look for a tragic anime to watch this will be my first recommendation.

Kyousougiga - 2
Really love how they are fleshing out each character's backstory as well as the various dimensions. It's slowly unraveling the greater narrative and its players while still maintaining some mystery with how the show is structured. You have to piece some things together here and there on your own. I think it's executed quite well in that regard, and that's certainly not all the show has going for it. Like episode 1, I found myself surprisingly attached to these characters by the end of the episode. Scenes like the conversation on the hill near the end feel well-earned because of my investment and are quite touching as well.

The visuals are also just as stellar as before. There were a number of notable transitions and visual tricks throughout the episode that I dug. I noticed a trend of having Koto in a similar place and position on a small portion of the frame which emphasized the scale of the setting she was in as time passed. Also, there was another scene where she was walking down steps toward an arch in the afternoon, which cuts to her, much closer in the frame, walking toward a couple similar looking pillars at night. The horizon lines of both shots meet at the same point and give the viewer a clear visual sense of distance and time with the transition.

I love this show.

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Series Review

Finished this last night and spent overnight forming on opinion on the series overall. First, let me say that this anime is the first to make me cry, literally tears running down my face and whatnot. No anime I've previously watched has done that, the best effort is me only being able to tear up.

Anohana is an 11-episode series filled with great heart and melodrama. It is a tragedy but not horror-themed (the type of tragic anime I'm mostly familiar with i.e. Steins;Gate, Mawaru Penguindrum, Madoka Magika, etc.). And as with most short series there is no filler episodes to my knowledge in Anohana.

Music is great and I count that as one of the main aspects in me being able to actually cry, the show times its ED perfectly in context with each scene it is played in and its OP is pleasing to the ears as well (I know the ED is a cover but I believe its sung by the actual VAs of the series).

I found its down-to-earth setting to be an important factor in the show. Of course it's not completely down-to-earth with its supernatural/ghost aspect (becoming more prominent during the end of the series) but that's a given with set up with the main plot of the show. In short Anohana dives into the concept of how one (in this case a group of friends) copes with a tragic death and does a great job at it.

Many scenes of this show was great and I've grown to love each character in the group. The temple confession scene was great with me believing that Poppo had it the hardest having actually witnessed the death and floating corpse of Menma. Then of course there's the ending.

The ending
was, of course, the scene which brought me to tears. I've read both here and on other sites that this was met with mixed reactions. For me I found it to be great as the "hide-and-seek" bawling/yelling was a good reference back to the childhood the group shared together. The letters was what did it for me though, then the ED fucking played and I couldn't stop.

The show is great, one of the best I watched. The only criticism I have is that it should've had 1-3 episodes more dedicated to the other characters.
It was only the temple confession scene to which I had feels for Tsuruko and didn't view Poppo as just a clown character anymore.
If anyone should look for a tragic anime to watch this will be my first recommendation.

You'll be happy to hear there is a movie version with an epilogue to the series.

And yeah, Ano Hana is great. You ought to also check out the Ano Hana director's other works, namely Toradora (26 eps) and Waiting in the Summer (ano natsu de matteru) (12 eps). They're not tragic anime series or anything, but the director is really good at doing emotional scenes and episode endings where they lead into the credits. You'll definitely recognize his style in both of those works.

Golden Time 3

A lot more back story is revealed. Kind of a funny episode. Looking forward to this show each week.

You'll be happy to hear there is a movie version with an epilogue to the series.

And yeah, Ano Hana is great. You ought to also check out the Ano Hana director's other works, namely Toradora (26 eps) and Waiting in the Summer (ano natsu de matteru) (12 eps). They're not tragic anime series or anything, but the director is really good at doing emotional scenes and episode endings where they lead into the credits. You'll definitely recognize his style in both of those works.

Golden Time 3

A lot more back story is revealed. Kind of a funny episode. Looking forward to this show each week.

Haha actually I've just discovered that the director was the same as Toradora's. I've watched Toradora and it is also another great anime.

Mik317

Kill La Kill 3.

This show is too gdlk. Epic hotblodded speeches. Awesome fights. fanservice out the wazoo...this is everything I want from anything in life.

Gazoinks

I'm hoping that he has a bit more personality in the manga

Only read the manga, and he kinda doesn't. He has some good moments, like the battle against the gambler guy, but overall he's fairly meh. He works better as a supporting character in the other arcs, and Stone Ocean even deconstructs his cold personality a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom