• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
KLK - 03

THIS IS EPISODE 3

THREE

OUT OF A LOT MORE TO GO

HOLY SHIT

bjjVrwp.jpg

Yeah that was AWESOME.
I dont like fanservice much but the fanservice is part of what makes it great because its so brash and blatant. Its like FUCK YOU. HERES TITS AND VIOLENCE.

she's got a point!

Arpeggion of blue steel - ars nova ( this name is awefully long i think ) episode 2

Shp battles are very very entertaining , dialog is alright ... it wasn't hard to get past the overall look of the anime because they are doing good things with it

My only real problem is that the twist is obvious and i hope they won't go this route ... and nothing for for concern is HOW they handled this part .

Was this love at the first sight ? Is that a harem route i'm seeing ? WHAT ?

Looks interesting and somewhat cute.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 11

Gn things are starting to get serious. A bloody doll head is... more threatening than a picture of jell-o.

Anyway, they've introduced time leaping now, which again opens up an enormous amount of... stuff.

What is the deal with Suzuha. Seriously. Now she's accusing of Kirisu of working with CERN? I find that hard to believe, buuut... Yeah I don't know. Is Kurisu going to die again? It seems possible since they set up the "going to see her dad" thing.

Steins;Gate 11

Gn things are starting to get serious. A bloody doll head is... more threatening than a picture of jell-o.

Anyway, they've introduced time leaping now, which again opens up an enormous amount of... stuff.

What is the deal with Suzuha. Seriously. Now she's accusing of Kirisu of working with CERN? I find that hard to believe, buuut... Yeah I don't know. Is Kurisu going to die again? It seems possible since they set up the "going to see her dad" thing.

Now you're in for a treat, the series will now initiate "roller-coaster" mode and you won't be able to handle the feels

I tried to watch Gundamn Build Fighters.

It feels like a high class Beyblade/Pokemon.

And I lose a lot of the interest in it since I can't give any fucks about Gundams. So yeah. Maybe first anime this season I didn't give a chance to once I actually tried watching it. I swear somebody is gonna say "let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiip!" or "it's time to duuuuuuuuuel"

Defuser

Kill La Kill ep 3
Oh.my.god.

Best show of the season. Twice as lewd? Check. Twice the fuck awesome action? Check. Stupid sexy sensei?Check. Mako being stupidly awesome and yet a savior? Double check.

Trigger is totally embracing the less skin = supierior armour trope.

Hyouka 20-22

I really enjoyed the intimate focus on relationships in these last episodes - Oreki and Chitanda, and to a lesser extent Satoshi and Mayaka. It underlined how fleshed-out these characters have been, and consequently how much I've come to care for them. The awkwardness of friendships blossoming into something more, and how that change creates fear in the hearts of those who have been accustomed to the status quo, was handled with grace and sensitivity. 20 and 21 were probably my favorite post-festival episodes - 20 because it was a delicious scenario (and Chitanda's kimono was beautiful) and 21 because it ripped apart Satoshi on an even deeper level than the ending of the festival arc. There were some questionable cinematography choices in 22 - I know what they were going for, but the way the procession was shot was somewhat clumsy - but it was a nice ending all the same. The final scene between Oreki and Chitanda was very sweet. It drove home how much Oreki has opened up since the start of the show
but it still would have felt forced if he had made an open confession or, even worse, a kiss. He's not ready for that yet.
What a wonderful show this is.

Yowamushi Pedal 2

More fun with biking. I like the way Yoshida paced this, choosing a perfect moment to end the episode with. There's a lot of variety in how the biking is portrayed visually, which keeps things exciting, and CG is well integrated with the 2D animation in a way that keeps it from sticking out. (E.g., using a CG body model to keep it consistent with the CG bike, but always making sure the characters' faces are drawn in 2D.) Having read a bit of the manga to compare the adaptation with, it's great to have the character art greatly improved over the super-sketchy source.

Yozakura Quartet - Hana no Uta 2

I'm a fan of multi-perspective stories, so I greatly enjoyed the dual perspective of this episode. Yasuda did a good job with the script, making the second side compliment the first and spreading out character moments over the entire cast. I was surprised by how interested I was in their interactions. I don't mind (or even notice, really) the panty shots, but the two groping moments were kind of painful to watch; that's the kind of gross perverted edge that I find obtrusive. The CG was also kind of obtrusive; there wasn't much of it but the CG goldfish that kept being focused on was kind of ugly. There was enough excellent animation, especially in the fight at the end, that I can't complain much though. Excited to see where this goes.

Kyousougiga 2

More fleshing out of the backstory, this time on Koto's end. I've got a better grasp of her motivations and goals now. The storyboarding wasn't as incredible as the previous episode - a lot of distance shots - but it was still good. I particularly liked the sharp cuts that continue to remind me of Kenji Nakamura. I'm curious to see what kind of resolution the show provides at the end to the questions it's posed in these opening two episodes.

Samurai Flamenco 2

Still awesome and hilarious. The manager is a fun character and plays well off Masayoshi. The writing is just so natural. I'm also a fan of what the show has been doing with the post-credits scenes so far.

The animation ... did you see how smooth they were ??

And I lose a lot of the interest in it since I can't give any fucks about Gundams. So yeah.
Well that's certainly a good reason to not like it .. Have you watched a gundam anime before ? Gundam Age doesn't count , nor is victory gundam according to some anonymous source.

Maybe first anime this season I didn't give a chance to once I actually tried watching it. I swear somebody is gonna say "let it riiiiiiiiiiiiiip!" or "it's time to duuuuuuuuuel"

I'll give you the right tip:
No need for a catchphrase here .
(name of your character ) .... ( name of your mecha unit ) ... LAUNCHING!

You can replace launching by "incoming" That is the only sentence you need before going into battle.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hyouka 20-22
The final scene between Oreki and Chitanda was very sweet. It drove home how much Oreki has opened up since the start of the show
but it still would have felt forced if he had made an open confession or, even worse, a kiss. He's not ready for that yet.
I'm glad you understand.

The animation ... did you see how smooth they were ??

Well that's certainly a good reason to not like it .. Have you watched a gundam anime before ? Gundam Age doesn't count , nor is victory gundam according to some anonymous source..

I might get banned for this, but I have maybe seen one Gundam show when I was a kid back when anime wasn't that big of a deal for me. And never again. I just can't get interested in Gundam.

Samurai Flamenco Episode 2 – My Umbrella's Missing

tumblr_muu45ikVum1rv6o5jo1_500.png
tumblr_muu45ikVum1rv6o5jo2_500.png

Masayoshi and Goto keep hitting things off strong and the offer or declaration of friendship here, made for best scene in the second episode of an anime in the Fall 2013 season. Masayoshi such a good dude embodying many good and ideal traits and its easy to see why Goto is always sticking around and willing to lend support. I can too and just feel like cheering him on, which I eventually did.
cool thing he did in the rehersal as well with the lines to calm himself down and get through it

Good all around and the songs on the ost are starting to become memorable.

Chronoexe

Kill la Kill

That was awesome it's only episode 3 and i'm still hyped, aside of the CG part on the second half, the episode was perfect.

Satsuki's transformation and suit was super lewd I even made a gif of my favorite part
of the battle

5t7IK8M.gif

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 12

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

I wasn't ready.

Attempting to gather my thoughts:

So Moeka works for CERN. I... didn't see that coming at all. I thought Suzuha might've been an assassin, but I was kind of expecting her to have been the one to kill Kurisu. Mayuri's death I was not anticipating at all and aaaagh. Aaaagh.

I might get banned for this, but I have maybe seen one Gundam show when I was a kid back when anime wasn't that big of a deal for me. And never again. I just can't get interested in Gundam.

Lol not knowing gundam isn't a reason to get banned lol .

Anyway that explain it , gundam build fighter isn't for you, simple as that

Steins;Gate 12

I wasn't ready.

So Moeka works for CERN. I... didn't see that coming at all. I thought Suzuha might've been an assassin, but I was kind of expecting her to have been the one to kill Kurisu. Mayuri's death I was not anticipating at all and aaaagh. Aaaagh.

3pgax5.jpg

cajunator

Banned
KLK - 03

THIS IS EPISODE 3

THREE

OUT OF A LOT MORE TO GO

HOLY SHIT

bjjVrwp.jpg

Yeah that was AWESOME.
I dont like fanservice much but the fanservice is part of what makes it great because its so brash and blatant. Its like FUCK YOU. HERES TITS AND VIOLENCE.

she's got a point!

Arpeggion of blue steel - ars nova ( this name is awefully long i think ) episode 2

Shp battles are very very entertaining , dialog is alright ... it wasn't hard to get past the overall look of the anime because they are doing good things with it

My only real problem is that the twist is obvious and i hope they won't go this route ... and nothing for for concern is HOW they handled this part .

Was this love at the first sight ? Is that a harem route i'm seeing ? WHAT ?

CorvoSol

I don't know, I guess I am too old for this shit or something. But why do I like Valvrave and not this?

I mean Satsuki's cool and all, but I am completely disinterested with the rest of the show.

*shrugs*

I was just surprised at the preference for VVV over KLK, on account of I kinda figured it took the same mind set to appreciate both.

Did you see The Origin, though? That was a high class Pokemon. Haven't been that hyped by a Pokemon anime since the 1st movie.

Theoden King was so tsun.

You should at least watch War in the Pocket. It's a fantastic 6-episode OVA series about the effects of war on the individual. You don't need to be a Gundam fan to watch it.

Syrinx

Yeah that was AWESOME.

she's got a point!

Yeah that was AWESOME.

she's got a point!

...How did you make duplicate posts 37 minutes apart?

That's hardly odd. The only things involving mecha that I enjoy/care for involve lesbians or are entertainingly stupid like Geass or Valvrave.

Loool .
Cajun is in for a wild ride.

------------------
Blazblue - Alter memory 02

The animation is barely average .and the choregraphy for the fights is almost bad .. Coming from a fighting game i expected MUCH MORE ...

And why are they going straight for the true end ?? WHY ? at least do a bad loop and explain some characters better!!
Man they are going straight into continium shift story ... i hope they won't adapt that one in 3 eps this time.... WHY THE HURRY ??

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 19

Another kid with parent issues. Then again, we haven't really seen anything with this kid, so I guess that's alright. Man, his mom just came off as fried. Like "Oh, they're fighting again. Oh.", like it's happened to many times for her to even be hurt by it anymore.

Steins;Gate 12

I wasn't ready.

This is where the real fun starts.

Looking forward to your impressions.

Defuser

Galilei Donna ep 2

A 13 year old girl build a fucking big space ship and mecha armor at the age of 10. How the hell did she managed to acquire fuel, missiles and bullets?

cajunator

Banned
Infinite Stratos 3
9S9yln0l.png

lol

God, this show really is such a mishmash of shitty harem hijinks now. I can't believe the tremendous dip in quality. :(

Hard to believe.

Steins;Gate 10

Hahaha... Okabe you idiot.

This episode felt long, in a good way. They packed in a lot of character development with Okabe, Mayuri, Kurisu, and Suzuha. The Mayuri and Kurisu moments were both pretty sweet, and Suzuha continues to be enigmatic. Her father is Titor? But Barrel Titor, not John Titor? And she went to the time travel group? Is it... Daru? Or maybe the writer who was going to be there?

So Okabe theorizes that he got the Reading Steiner from a childhood fever... Hm. There's obviously more to it than that. Current theory is that that was the first time his timeline was altered, for... some reason. Of course that doesn't actually explain how he got the ability.

Oh, and we best not forget the creepy text Okabe got. This is the only series where a picture of jell-o is threatening.

AND THEN THE SATELLITE WAS GONE AT THE END. WHAT.

Buckle up sonny...

Infinite Stratos 2

I wish I could know ahead of time if he's going to pick a girl or just run around like an idiot for the rest of this season. It'd be easier to choose if this is one of those seasons he still doesn't choose anyone.

Of course he wont lol. Ichika would have to use his brain to choose and we cant be having that. Might be dangerous anyway.

Golden Time 03

This continues to be one of the most enjoyable shows this season for me. While the characters don't have much of a personality besides nice guy, stalker, and stalker-hater, the dialogue and college setting are giving it such a nice feeling. Not to mention that these two will eventually be together, and to be honest slice of life comedies/drama where one of the people involved is in love with one person but ends up with someone else are few.. Kokoro Connect and Toradora are two from the top of my head.

Im about to watch it now :D
Damn what an enjoyable series so far. Koko is just megaton hnngh.

Gazoinks

Buckle up sonny...

I thought I was. I was wrong!

Steins;Gate 13

Oh god this episode was painful.

Not only did they replay Mayuri's death scene but then she just. kept. dying.

He needs to tell the others, I think. Maybe that'd help. I'm suddenly super sympathizing with Okabe. All aboard the feels train. ;_;

Galilei Donna 02

The show still doesn't feel engaging enough for me.

I don't really care about any of the characters so far and I'm not really finding the plot all that interesting on its own either.

cajunator

Banned
Kill la Kill 03

*squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Proper reaction :D

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day - Series Review

Finished this last night and spent overnight forming on opinion on the series overall. First, let me say that this anime is the first to make me cry, literally tears running down my face and whatnot. No anime I've previously watched has done that, the best effort is me only being able to tear up.

Anohana is an 11-episode series filled with great heart and melodrama. It is a tragedy but not horror-themed (the type of tragic anime I'm mostly familiar with i.e. Steins;Gate, Mawaru Penguindrum, Madoka Magika, etc.). And as with most short series there is no filler episodes to my knowledge in Anohana.

Music is great and I count that as one of the main aspects in me being able to actually cry, the show times its ED perfectly in context with each scene it is played in and its OP is pleasing to the ears as well (I know the ED is a cover but I believe its sung by the actual VAs of the series).

I found its down-to-earth setting to be an important factor in the show. Of course it's not completely down-to-earth with its supernatural/ghost aspect (becoming more prominent during the end of the series) but that's a given with set up with the main plot of the show. In short Anohana dives into the concept of how one (in this case a group of friends) copes with a tragic death and does a great job at it.

Many scenes of this show was great and I've grown to love each character in the group. The temple confession scene was great with me believing that Poppo had it the hardest having actually witnessed the death and floating corpse of Menma. Then of course there's the ending.

The ending
was, of course, the scene which brought me to tears. I've read both here and on other sites that this was met with mixed reactions. For me I found it to be great as the "hide-and-seek" bawling/yelling was a good reference back to the childhood the group shared together. The letters was what did it for me though, then the ED fucking played and I couldn't stop.

The show is great, one of the best I watched. The only criticism I have is that it should've had 1-3 episodes more dedicated to the other characters.
It was only the temple confession scene to which I had feels for Tsuruko and didn't view Poppo as just a clown character anymore.
If anyone should look for a tragic anime to watch this will be my first recommendation.

AnoHana isnt perfect but I will always say it had a huge heart and was a special show because of it.

thats a good way to go about it Arti. Try to focus on other things ok?

Haha actually I've just discovered that the director was the same as Toradora's. I've watched Toradora and it is also another great anime.

Thats what initially interested me. so far it delivers! Koko is every bit as adorable as Taiga too!

unbreakable machine dolls 2

that swag protag getting a date on just the 2nd eps.

poor yaya though ;___;

Yaya can take care of herself heehee.

Caesnd

hopefully it sells well so we get another season every year. it can be aoty 2014-2019

Honestly, I'd rather that not happen. While I do want Space Dandy to succeed if it's good, Watanabe should keep on exploring new things. Maybe if it somehow got put over on another studio and director combo?

Narag

Honestly, I'd rather that not happen. While I do want Space Dandy to succeed if it's good, Watanabe should keep on exploring new things. Maybe if it somehow got put over on another studio and director combo?

Guess I should have thrown in the caveat of him being enthusiastic about the production and having the opportunity to make more rather than making it because it's profitable.

JCG

I was just surprised at the preference for VVV over KLK, on account of I kinda figured it took the same mind set to appreciate both.

I guess I think similarly, in that both benefit from an appreciation for ridiculous and exaggerated things. Just different varieties of the same.

Yeah. I enjoyed Code Geass more for the fanbase reaction. Women splooshing over Lelouch and everybody hating on Suzaku. I didn't care much for the robot fights.

Understandable, but some of us did like the robot fights even if they weren't the focus of the show. There's multiple ways to look at it.

cajunator

Banned
I'm ready.

I'm not ready.

Nope. youre not! heehee.

Kill La Kill ep 3
Oh.my.god.

Best show of the season. Twice as lewd? Check. Twice the fuck awesome action? Check. Stupid sexy sensei?Check. Mako being stupidly awesome and yet a savior? Double check.

Trigger is totally embracing the less skin = supierior armour trope.

I think you meant MORE skin :p

Im not a fan either.

Steins;Gate 12

I wasn't ready.

This episode was ROUGH >_
But this ride has only begun.

...How did you make duplicate posts 37 minutes apart?

Dmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom