• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Golden Time 3

Still one of the most outright enjoyable shows of the season. And the whole
escaping from a crazy religious cult
angle was a nice change of pace from what we usually get in these types of shows.

Also calling it now
Tada has a girlfriend that he can't remember
. They couldn't have made it any more obvious. :lol

You're probably right.
He was clearly waiting for someone on the bridge. Who else would you be waiting for at night on a bridge like that?

I'm enjoying Golden Time way more that I thought I would.

iiQRj7C4DYORX.gif

This scene was just so dynamic and powerful. I loved it. It really shows how far animation has come.

Roflmao. Rip 7th.
The CG in this looks so jarring when they focus on it like that. The hallway fight's CG wasn't as noticeable compared to this though.

My theory tbh is that

he was in an accident of some sort. And the girl from the club, BARBARA! or whatever or her name was, seems to know him. I mean when he asked if they had seen each other before she seems to have reacted a bit

cajunator

Banned
It has cute girls, too. Though the character design is a bit weird. Not bad, just unusual.

Nope, not at all. The title itself might be a spoof I guess, but The Girl Who Leapt Through Space is a quite stupid and random action comedy. Also: all girl cast except for a Lelouch expy (also voiced by Jun Fukuyama). And it's by Sunrise.

TGWLTS is so similar in name and such its hard to believe that 1. they arent connected and 2. that the creators of the much better movie would allow this title to occur.

Golden Time 3

Still one of the most outright enjoyable shows of the season. And the whole
escaping from a crazy religious cult
angle was a nice change of pace from what we usually get in these types of shows.

Also calling it now
Tada has a girlfriend that he can't remember
. They couldn't have made it any more obvious. :lol

Thats what I think too, but yeah Golden Time is a really REALLY enjoyable show.

Kyousogiga 2

Koto was so adorable as a kid, and this show is so beautiful. So many great little scenes this episode, such as
Koto going up to the room with the drawings of the mirror capital and Koto the rabbit
Though I'm not sure how it all connects yet. This and Kill la Kill are easily the best shows this season.

Mr.Jeff

12 hours later, the thread is finally read. Incoming spam of quotes and replies.

CorvoSol said:
Zegapain 1

Well, where to start? First of all, let me take a moment to congratulate Majestic Prince. I mean, CG robots look like shit no matter what you do, and they probably will forever and ever and I wish they'd all die a horrible death and that the fingers of people who thought they were a good idea might turn to solid cement, but compared to the CG in this episode, MJP's CG doesn't look half bad, like it's come a long way.
Try watching Reideen (2007) for some bizarre CG mechs. Granted they're meant to be other worldly but ehhhh. And yet despite syaing all that, they really grew on me. Especially the silver version later on.
Nice poster!
Any idea who designed it?
Not a clue but it's worth noting I discovered it's the cover of Jonathan Clements new book who regularly appears at these things to provide some background knowledge.

Aria the series - so I'm two episodes in and its really not doing it for me. Not the setting, nor the characters. I might persevere for a couple of more episodes though...maybe something will change that wins me over.

You'd think given my Tamayura love that this would be in my wheelhouse, but apparently not.
Aria's a hard sell. Initially I was underwhelmed by the show until about episode 5 where I ended up blubbing like a little girl for no worthwhile reason at which point I was sold.
The main problem I think is that Akari's character is a bit different from her manga counterpart; where in the series she seems to be more childlike in comparison to her age and her statements more of accidental profoundness, the manga gives her a portrayal of her having a more deliberate mindset of trying to see the best side of things rather than it all being an incidental thing.

If you can stick with it, you'll probably love it. Or even just hunt down the manga.

I wanna watch the show your avatar comes from.
Having played most of the routes out of the game, I'm not quite sure you should be asking that. Particularly if they animate any part of the last of Amane's route....
Sachi is love though.

PaniPoni Dash OVA
This was certainly another episode of PPD, a fairly good one at that. Though with all the odd references to miscellaneous anime/movies/other weeb nonsense like 2hu, you can definitely tell this is the product of a 2009 Shaft. I'm a bit thankful stuff like that wasn't crammed too hard into the TV series.
You say that but the series had a ridiculous number of references all throughout. There's literally pages and pages of notes added in places where they point out all these things. Still the only show which I think has done a Mushishi parody though.

Aria the Natural 22 (For real-real)
I never ever want to experience the horrors of that first half in any anime ever again. EVER. That second half thankfully washed the horrors away, Akatsuki's mom is a total hotty.
Some things can never be unseen.

Kanon (2006) 24 END
Overall, not bad. Yeah, there's a lot of cliches, it leans like crazy on supernatural events, the characters can be pretty annoying at times, it's fully of KEY moeblobs, and the first couple episodes really drag.

But...I liked it. It has charm and an honesty about it. There's these overarching themes of hope and promises and dreams that are told with such honesty that even in the midst of the cliches, I couldn't help but admire it.
As much as I can appreciate how dreadfully awful some of it is (particularly the first and last arcs) part of me still likes this series, probably because it has some nice incidental dialog with the cast as opposed to Tomoya in Clannad being fucking miserable.

A lot of bullshit though but it's to be expected sadly. Akiko is best milf.

No worries. IRC is a great place if you learn to deal with the insanity.
I have been learning this recently to my benefit cost. New sides to UltimaDrago and Theonik.

Spice and Wolf - 3
I wonder what the merchant's gonna think once he finds out his fur is just of above-average quality. I thought Lawrence wanted to build up a trade relationship?
It's one thing to be deliberately fraudulent but to outwit someone who really should know better since it's their job is another thing I feel.

Well, after an endless string of OVAs and OADs, apparently we're finally going to get that second season of Seitokai Yakuindomo.
All is right with the world. More Suzu, President, Sister, Aria and JUDO. Glorious. Now if only the Nichibros writer would stop drawing touhou doujins.

Sugita da king, it's nice that he does hentai in this day and age when he could do better things. What a man.
He's not unique. Kenichi Suzumura and Akira Ishida have both dabbled in it in the last few years as well.

Ergo Proxy 17
Things actually happened in this episode. Hooray for things! Also another show with a piano-playing gynoid! So Pino is connected to Raul, eh? Hmm. Also depressing cave-dwelling people.
I missed this on my first two times watching the series but there's a reason behind Raul and Pino. (Story spoilers so maybe read after you finish)
In the first episode, Vincent is called out to repair Pino who is a 'slave to some woman with a newly delivered baby who apparently means a great deal to them both. Later on, Vincent is being chased through the mall by the proxy and and one stage a woman with a baby in her pram is cut down as the proxy rushes to get Vincent. It's not until later in the series we see Raul obsessing over this particular frame that we can conclude that it was his wife and child that was cut down. His single minded hunt for Vincent boils down to him resenting first his daughter and wife being taken away but then also Pino who he apparently has a soft spot for.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 2
Waaaaait... The bit at the end of this episode gives me the impression that they're turning this into a harem anime where all the battleships want the main character as their captain. XD
Hey, guess what. That's what the series sort of devolves into. More accurately it boils down to more ship waifus, some beam spam and the plot dragging out for a fucking age.

I would love to read your impression of episode 4.
I'm still waiting for a Ova of the Sabi Hakuhei fight :(
Hmmm, I was under the impression they did that. Otherwise, where did this gif come from?

What, no Budori?

Not that I actually recommend sitting through Budori or anything...
I'm quite a shallow person so when I couldn't find much out through the synposis which didn't sound great, I judge it by it's looks and decided against it!

Just got caught up reading your impressions on Patema and Yoyo to Nene which has dampened me a little bit. It'll be quite something if Garden of Words ends up being the highlight of the weekend.

Phew, back to my playthrough of the Ys series on Nightmare.

cajunator

Banned
12 hours later, the thread is finally read. Incoming spam of quotes and replies.

Not a clue but it's worth noting I discovered it's the cover of Jonathan Clements new book who regularly appears at these things to provide some background knowledge.

Having played most of the routes out of the game, I'm not quite sure you should be asking that. Particularly if they animate any part of the last of Amane's route....
Sachi is love though.

Thanks for the link. Thats an interesting looking book.

cajunator

Banned
First short teaser PV for the Noragami anime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjSZ7X-kvi0

Dat glorious Kamiyan.

I can tell pretty much what this anime will be like already but Im a bit interested. The music is cool. I like the not-Chitanda in it.

As a warning, the first print run for that book is only running to 1200 copies, and a prompt second print run is not guaranteed. Neglect to pre-order at your own risk!

How would I order this in the US? Or does amazon.co.uk ship here unlike the japanese one?

DiGiKerot

I can tell pretty much what this anime will be like already but Im a bit interested. The music is cool. I like the not-Chitanda in it.

How would I order this in the US? Or does amazon.co.uk ship here unlike the japanese one?

All Amazon's ship pretty much all media other than games to any other country, don't they? Amazon JP will certainly ship books, DVDs and CDs to the US, anyway. You should be able to order it directly from UK Amazon without issue, in any case.

cajunator

Banned
All Amazon's ship pretty much all media other than games to any other country, don't they? Amazon JP will certainly ship books, DVDs and CDs to the US, anyway. You should be able to order it directly from UK Amazon without issue, in any case.

Thanks for the heads up. Never really knew how these worked since I dont import a lot.

This is why youre awesome :D
Well one of many.

Valvrave 14

Akira is such an awful character, so it's not surprising that an episode centered around her and her brother was one of the worst the show has had.

Seems like the characters are much better integrated in the hyouka shot than the top shot.

Hyouka has detailed cinematography that is careful to create a sense of three-dimensional space within which the characters exist. Noragami looks flat by comparison (though to be fair, most anime would). Also of note is how soft the lighting and outlines are in Hyouka as compared to the harsh, hard-edged look of Noragami.

Soma

The digital composition and coloring is kind of ugly, especially that sickly shade of green which is so prominent.

Mainly because those scenes are occuring during the Dark Hour. The world changes during that state which explains the different color and atmosphere. Not saying it's any less ugly but there's an in-game justification for it.

The scenes that don't take place during that time look nice.

fertygo

Mainly because those scenes are occuring during the Dark Hour. The world changes during that state which explains the different color and atmosphere. Not saying it's any less ugly but there's an in-game justification for it.

The scenes that don't take place during that time look nice.

I don't mind it, its much less overpowering like in Kara no Kyoukai.. and like you said its fit the game mood and all that.. does look butt ugly with the red theme of 2nd tower though.

cajunator

Banned
Also, bear in mind this isn't an official announcement, solicitation, confirmation, or 100% guarantee of anything, but entries for Eureka Seven BD/DVDs from Funimation were spotted on a normally reliable database of upcoming releases:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...Nimation-licenses-Eureka-Seven-(TV-amp-Movie)

So I guess that's another of the Bandai rescues. Hopefully we should formally hear something about that soon.

This is a worthy rescue though Im having trouble really getting started with it myself.
I blame Eurekas kids.

iiQRj7C4DYORX.gif

This scene was just so dynamic and powerful. I loved it. It really shows how far animation has come.

Roflmao. Rip 7th.

That half of the scene was really weird, but everything else was awesome!
I'm surprised the main antagonist got a gamechanger this early in the game.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Against my better judgement, I watched Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 1 and holy shit, I cringed the entire time. The cover on crunchyroll tipped me off that this was just going to be pervy nonsense but the description of pop idols wrestling sounded rad because wrestling is rad. My god. I think 90% of the episode was crotch shots and moaning. Booooooo
Looks like it's Valvrave, KlK, Samurai Flamenco and Build Fighters only this season! I might check out Kyousogiga because I hear good things. If it is even a little bit moe though, it gets the axe.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yay! First time I've watched anime and posted impressions in months. I hope somebody else is actually watching this show x_x.

Ace of the Diamond 01-02

Bleh. I feel like this show is really disjointed. It tries to be the light hearted, pitcher-and-catcher based (if you know what I mean) baseball anime that Oofuri is while also trying to be the seriously shounen type of series that is more along the lines of Major.

So you get really awkward "comedic" scenes that involve the MC beating the shit out of other people because hey thats always funny and him trying to beat the opposition standing in his way with HAATO while at the same clashing with the fact that he is kininarimasu for his new catcher at the same exact time.

It feels like the show doesn't know what it wants to be. I don't hate it, I just wish it didn't try to do so many things at once.

Defuser

Infinite Stratos 2 ep 3
YLImY9e.gif

My feelings is summed up by this gif.

Oh god, that was a terrible terrible episode. How can otakus lapped up this shit up?

Tenumi

Banned
Kill la Kill: 03

Defining awesomeness with maximum ridiculousity.
I know that's not a word, but ridiculousness didn't sound right.

Gazoinks

Youre gonna sleep? Holy shit I had to marathon it Couldnt sleep till it was over lol.

Haha, believe me it required force of will, but staying up till like 3:00 in the morning would've kind of killed my brain, and I don't think I would've appreciated the finale.

And thus we've come to a crossroads of fates.
Good job on finding this out, so who do you like more Kurisu or Mayuri?

ah uh eh uh ah um...
I guess I like Kirusu a little more as a character, but that doesn't mean I want Mayuri to die! Especially not after all this!

This show. Dem feels.

cajunator

Banned
That half of the scene was really weird, but everything else was awesome!
I'm surprised the main antagonist got a gamechanger this early in the game.

Naturally the antagonist would become super powerful right away. Why not?

Against my better judgement, I watched Wanna Be The Strongest In The World 1 and holy shit, I cringed the entire time. The cover on crunchyroll tipped me off that this was just going to be pervy nonsense but the description of pop idols wrestling sounded rad because wrestling is rad. My god. I think 90% of the episode was crotch shots and moaning. Booooooo
Looks like it's Valvrave, KlK, Samurai Flamenco and Build Fighters only this season! I might check out Kyousogiga because I hear good things. If it is even a little bit moe though, it gets the axe.

That wrastlin show isnt for me either. Nope.

Haha, believe me it required force of will, but staying up till like 3:00 in the morning would've kind of killed my brain, and I don't think I would've appreciated the finale.

ah uh eh uh ah um...
I guess I like Kirusu a little more as a character, but that doesn't mean I want Mayuri to die! Especially not after all this!

This show. Dem feels.

Well now youre up soooo...continue!

Also, bear in mind this isn't an official announcement, solicitation, confirmation, or 100% guarantee of anything, but entries for Eureka Seven BD/DVDs from Funimation were spotted on a normally reliable database of upcoming releases:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums...Nimation-licenses-Eureka-Seven-(TV-amp-Movie)

So I guess that's another of the Bandai rescues. Hopefully we should formally hear something about that soon.

Great find! Day one one BD's if Funi is indeed rescuing it. Perhaps at some point they can do some Gundam rescuing as well...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Aria the series - so I'm two episodes in and its really not doing it for me. Not the setting, nor the characters. I might persevere for a couple of more episodes though...maybe something will change that wins me over.

You'd think given my Tamayura love that this would be in my wheelhouse, but apparently not.
Saw this in Mr Jeff's quotes! I guess he is going through the entire thread. lol
I'd like to know why Tamayura works for you but this show doesn't, especially since I see them as so similar. lol

Great find! Day one one BD's if Funi is indeed rescuing it. Perhaps at some point they can do some Gundam rescuing as well...

If anyone will get the rights to Gundam, it will probably be RightStuf/Nozomi. RightStuf has already gotten the DVD rights to the Unicorn series (no BD rights though like everything else they license currently), and the numerous Gundam model kits they have begun selling may also be a sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom