• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. The more you know.

Still, it doesn't change my original statement. As a westerner, high school doesn't tend to have as good of memories/time as college years. So yeah, I'd still like to see more college students because high school shows are a dime a dozen.

Steins;Gate 22

tumblr_m8mjhrEc7B1qeiocm.gif

This episode. Was so sad. But there's more. Two more episodes and
Suzuha is back. Is there still some way of saving Kurisu? I don't want to get my hopes up.

Be glad this show isn't made by Urobutcher. Everybody you love would die then.

Gazoinks

Huh. The more you know.

Still, it doesn't change my original statement. As a westerner, high school doesn't tend to have as good of memories/time as college years. So yeah, I'd still like to see more college students because high school shows are a dime a dozen.

Be glad this show isn't made by Urobutcher. Everybody you love would die then.

Oh don't worry, I've got Fate/Zero next after all...

;_;

Articalys

Outbreak Company ep.3

Surprisingly still enjoyable.
Laughably weak cliffhanger, though. Even the next episode preview points out that she'll be fine.

;_;

Oh boy. Many. And I mean MANY. Manly tears are shed throughout this show. Urobutcher at his best imho. Even better than Madoka.

Speaking of him can anybody tell me about Blassreiter? It has his name in association but it's very low rated so it's kind of weird. Everything else he has made seems to be gold.

Get a job 3

I knew this was going to be bad, but we've just hit To Love-ru levels of contrived garbage. When magical appliances malfunction, occasionally that can mean purple tentacles with hands spring forth from the casing and sexually assault everyone in close proximity. Yup. Oh, also it secretes some black discharge that rapidly dissolves fabric. There's some surprisingly decent animation in there at some point as well, as if that makes any difference :p OK maybe it does a bit.

BluWacky

Speaking of him can anybody tell me about Blassreiter? It has his name in association but it's very low rated so it's kind of weird. Everything else he has made seems to be gold.

I can tell you I thought what little I watched of it was rubbish, but I also don't hold Urobuchi in as high a regard as you clearly do. There are many out there who like it, but I thought it had ugly art (particularly bad CG in this one) and ridiculous dialogue.

As I say, given that I think Urobuchi is fine but not massively spectacular as a writer, you should probably take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Have you watched Phantom, incidentally, another of his lesser-known works?

I can tell you I thought what little I watched of it was rubbish, but I also don't hold Urobuchi in as high a regard as you clearly do. There are many out there who like it, but I thought it had ugly art (particularly bad CG in this one) and ridiculous dialogue.

As I say, given that I think Urobuchi is fine but not massively spectacular as a writer, you should probably take my opinion with a pinch of salt.

Have you watched Phantom, incidentally, another of his lesser-known works?

Yeah Phantom was fantastic up until the time skip. Then I couldn't give a fuck. I don't hold him in a high pedestal for every one of his works, but the ones that are fantastic are absolutely brilliant.

I probably hold Watanabe in higher regard than Urobuchi because every show he has made, at least that I've seen, is in my top 10.

Get a job 3

I knew this was going to be bad, but we've just hit To Love-ru levels of contrived garbage. When magical appliances malfunction, occasionally that can mean purple tentacles with hands spring forth from the casing and sexually assault everyone in close proximity. Yup. Oh, also it secretes some black discharge that rapidly dissolves fabric. There's some surprisingly decent animation in there at some point as well, as if that makes any difference :p OK maybe it does a bit.

To Love Ru levels!? Sounds interesting.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 23

This episode was dark, and when
Okabe stabbed Kurisu
that was pretty horrible, but it ended in a surprisingly upbeat way.

I don't have anything more to say because I'm going to watch finale now!

DiGiKerot

I was just called out by Jonathan Clements before that screening of Gusuko Budori, the unsaid implication being that I'm nuts to have seen it twice...

The Yuru Yuri ED has a strangle hold on my brain. I watched the first 4 episodes of the show and let the ED run every time because it's adorable, but I think that was a mistake because it won't leave.

To Love Ru levels!? Sounds interesting.

It could be argued that it's interesting because despite being that ecchi, it lost the panty shot tally by subverting your expectations and going all-in on boobs for the most part. I'm not going to, but it could be done.

cajunator

Banned
I will gladly double dip. And continue to pretend AO doesn't exist.

I actually bought E7 AO so Im kinda obligated to double dip now lol.

Steins;Gate 22

tumblr_m8mjhrEc7B1qeiocm.gif

This episode. Was so sad. But there's more. Two more episodes and
Suzuha is back. Is there still some way of saving Kurisu? I don't want to get my hopes up.

Oh man. OH MAN.

;_;

That ones pretty depressing I have to say.
Its really awesome though! Especially visually.

After I finish Steins;Gate and this I'm going to have to binge the happiest shows ever to detox these feels.

Watch Acchi Kocchi and Hidamari Sketch and youll feel better guaranteed.

BluWacky

I was just called out by Jonathan Clements before that screening of Gusuko Budori, the unsaid implication being that I'm nuts to have seen it twice...

I spent the best part of three days watching that film repeatedly (in bits). Your insanity has nothing on mine.

I wonder whether Andrew P investigates these films particularly thoroughly before licensing them. With the very limited exposure that Kenji Miyazawa has in the UK (I mean, Night on the Galactic Railroad has never been available here, has it?), the fact that most of the film's value is in its references to his other works, and the fact that the film is really very boring and misses the point of the Budori story entirely, it probably wasn't worth the effort in programming it...

Gazoinks

That ones pretty depressing I have to say.
Its really awesome though! Especially visually.

Watch Acchi Kocchi and Hidamari Sketch and youll feel better guaranteed.

Yeah, I was watching it alongside Steins;Gate, but then Steins;Gate had to get real and I had to marathon it. It was really good from what I saw so far, though.

I'll keep those recommendations in mind. :)

cajunator

Banned
BLue Exorcist movie set looks amazing, cant wait for aniplex to release.
tumblr_muvpvaHhKj1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Oh wow. Is this that gorgeous looking movie everyone was squeeing about a few months ago?

Steins;Gate 23

This episode was dark, and when
Okabe stabbed Kurisu
that was pretty horrible, but it ended in a surprisingly upbeat way.

I don't have anything more to say because I'm going to watch finale now!

That was a pretty interesting way to resolve it I have to say!

The Yuru Yuri ED has a strangle hold on my brain. I watched the first 4 episodes of the show and let the ED run every time because it's adorable, but I think that was a mistake because it won't leave.

It could be argued that it's interesting because despite being that ecchi, it lost the panty shot tally by subverting your expectations and going all-in on boobs for the most part. I'm not going to, but it could be done.

The OP/ED of Yuru Yuri are insane earworms. It will be hard to get rid of them. Not that youd really want to. they are joyous.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, I was watching it alongside Steins;Gate, but then Steins;Gate had to get real and I had to marathon it. It was really good from what I saw so far, though.

I'll keep those recommendations in mind. :)

Those shows are a great feelgood pick me up whenever you are down. Very powerful squee.

The OP/ED of Yuru Yuri are insane earworms. It will be hard to get rid of them. Not that youd really want to. they are joyous.

Joyous is a good way to describe them. I'll throw caution to the wind and let them run for the whole series, perhaps on speakers so my entire household can experience the joy.

Articalys

Also, yeah, episode 3 of Yu-Sibu dropped my hopes for the show by quite a bit. I'll give it one more episode and hope that this bit of shameless fanservice was an exception and not the norm for the rest of the series.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate 24 END

It ended happily.

IT ENDED HAPPILY.

I honestly didn't think it'd end that happily through most of the second half of the series. Even in the end of the last episode it seemed like they were going towards Kurisu and Okabe not meeting again. But they did! And the badges!

I'm going to eat lunch and then watch the OVA a little later, and then I'll post overall thoughts, but suffice it to say that it's an amazing series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom