• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm reading a random yuri manga about yuri otaku and saw this:

jWGXv0xl.png

If only. lol

nichijou is feel good? It seemed more like the anime you watch if you want to fall asleep.

I think one should look into Kimi to Boku, Tsuritama, Daily Lives of High School Boys, Sket Dance, and Ixion Saga DT, for those feelings.

Daily Life of Highschool Boys is one of the Nichijous i was talking about. And nobody speaks about my funny girls and cats like that

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 34

It's not about the destination, but rather the journey, the episode. The 4th Patissiere exam of making an El Dorado sweet, just like in a movie!

Also more world building
El Dorado being built from witches who gave up their magic in order to build it.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Yuusha ni Narenakatta Episode 3:

It really is one step forward, two steps backward with this show. It has most of the elements to be a really good show, one of the best, but it really held back by fanservice that has gotten to hentai levels, just without the nudity. Yea, I have seen the Witches Arm trick done in the likes of Dragon Pink and I do not care for it in either case. Also, a memo to both Yuusha ni Narenakatta and Walkure Romanze, harems don't work when the choice of girl is blindingly obvious and also the MC spends 99 percent of the time interacting with her. Welp, just one more episode to watch before the choice is made.

Gazoinks

Steins;Gate: Egoistic Poriomania (OVA)

a88a3373.gif

What in the world does that title mean...

Anyway, this was a sweet little OVA that serves as a nice coda to the series. I like seeing these sorts of thing with the characters interacting after everything's over, like the Baccano! OVAs. Doesn't stand up to the better episodes of the main series, but it's clearly not really meant to, and overall it was a nice send-off to the series. Well except the movie I guess, but that's not available in English yet so I choose not to think about it. >.>

Steins;Gate Mega Final Impressions

Steins;Gate is one of, if not the best, anime I've seen (although that's sort of not saying as much as I wish it was, something I'm working on correcting). The first half is really good, the second half is just stunning.

Steins;Gate's arc is kind of like a more sophisticated version of the infamous Madoka twist. In a way it's probably a format that makes more sense in VN form, but I'm glad they stuck with it for the anime. Aside from the mysteries it brings up, the purpose of the first half of the series is basically to get you attached to the characters in the SoL format, so that when things turn bad it has a lot more impact than if it had started that way. You really care about the stuff happening to these guys, because you've spent a lot of time just seeing them having fun with each other.

Special mention as far as characters go go to Okabe. He starts off as this weird, dorky, possibly insane character who's sort of hard to relate to, but as the series goes on you start really feeling him. Especially after the repeated deaths of Mayuri. They really captured the effect that had on his mind in a convincing way, and it turned him into a very tragic character.

Despite setting up a time travel story filled with conspiracy and stuff, the story itself wasn't actually that complex. Or at least, it's not really the kind of time travel story that requires giant diagrams to figure out. Which is to its favor, because it really is a character-focused series.

I've seen some people were kind of unhappy with the ending and would prefer if it ended with Episode 22... Eh, no, I'm glad it ended happily. You can say Suzuha showing seemed kind of contrived, and I guess it did, but by god Okabe earned his happy ending!

Now let us all bow our heads for a moment in memory of the many, many, many, many, MANY feels.
tumblr_inline_mjm5nsVHe31qz4rgp.gif

Really want to play the VN now.

Hagi

Kill la Kill - 03

tumblr_muvu1xyuYJ1r0p39zo1_500.png

I'm not sure where this is going but I'm all fucking in. This was like final battle level of epic. Three stars better be a big jump up from two because after this awesome display Matoi will steamroll right through them.

Also Mako is great and Sanzigan please no more, my eyes they bleed.

cajunator

Banned

a88a3373.gif

Anyway, this was a sweet little OVA that serves as a nice coda to the series. I like seeing these sorts of thing with the characters interacting after everything's over, like the Baccano! OVAs. Doesn't stand up to the better episodes of the main series, but it's clearly not really meant to, and overall it was a nice send-off to the series. Well except the movie I guess, but that's not available in English yet so I choose not to think about it. >.>

Steins;Gate is one of, if not the best, anime I've seen (although that's sort of not saying as much as I wish it was, something I'm working on correcting). The first half is really good, the second half is just stunning.

Steins;Gate's arc is kind of like a more sophisticated version of the infamous Madoka twist. In a way it's probably a format that makes more sense in VN form, but I'm glad they stuck with it for the anime. Aside from the mysteries it brings up, the purpose of the first half of the series is basically to get you attached to the characters in the SoL format, so that when things turn bad it has a lot more impact than if it had started that way. You really care about the stuff happening to these guys, because you've spent a lot of time just seeing them having fun with each other.

Special mention as far as characters go go to Okabe. He starts off as this weird, dorky, possibly insane character who's sort of hard to relate to, but as the series goes on you start really feeling him. Especially after the repeated deaths of Mayuri. They really captured the effect that had on his mind in a convincing way, and it turned him into a very tragic character.

Despite setting up a time travel story filled with conspiracy and stuff, the story itself wasn't actually that complex. Or at least, it's not really the kind of time travel story that requires giant diagrams to figure out. Which is to its favor, because it really is a character-focused series.

I've seen some people were kind of unhappy with the ending and would prefer if it ended with Episode 22... Eh, no, I'm glad it ended happily. You can say Suzuha showing seemed kind of contrived, and I guess it did, but by god Okabe earned his happy ending!

Now let us all bow our heads for a moment in memory of the many, many, many, many, MANY feels.

Another satisfied customer!
Also this OVa, its the one where they go to america right?

a88a3373.gif

Most of the annoyance that people have with S;G is its slow start, but like you said this was meant for the exposition of the characters. In fact it was S;G that vaulted me into my current preference for tragic animes. The VN is fantastic and has the same VA's and music (the theme for the VN I believe is superior to the anime though both songs were made by the same person). Definitely check it out if you've the time.

Gazoinks

SO MANY FEELS

YEAH.

Most of the annoyance that people have with S;G is its slow start, but like you said this was meant for the exposition of the characters. In fact it was S;G that vaulted me into my current preference for tragic animes. The VN is fantastic and has the same VA's and music (the theme for the VN I believe is superior to the anime though both songs were made by the same person). Definitely check it out if you've the time.

I really liked the slow start, but I can understand why people had a problem with it. It does make me want to watch more tragedies! xD

I'll definitely check out the VN. The theme must be pretty awesome, because I already thought the anime theme was really good. :D

Gazoinks

Please put spoilers....some of us still haven't watched Steins Gate and want to.

Were you talking to me?

If so, sorry if you read a spoiler by accident. I was thinking that you shouldn't really read episode impressions for something you want to watch so I didn't mark 'em, but it does suck to get accidentally spoiled, so I marked the one on this page and will do so in the future.

This spoiler is okay to read though:
You should watch Steins;Gate :p

Were you talking to me?

If so, sorry if you read a spoiler by accident. I was thinking that you shouldn't really read episode impressions for something you want to watch so I didn't mark 'em, but it does suck to get accidentally spoiled, so I marked the one on this page and will do so in the future.

This spoiler is okay to read though:
You should watch Steins;Gate :p

I blame my mouse. It got stuck on the impressions but I didn't see too much. I have it on blu ray lol. Whenever I switch on the PS3 though I can't be bothered to watch anime. I will get there eventually. Heard great things about the show.

Gazoinks

I blame my mouse> It got stuck on the impressions but I didn't see too much. I have it on blu ray lol. Whenever I switch on the PS3 though I can't be bothered to watch anime. I will get there eventually. Heard great things about the show.

It really impressed me. Its slow start will annoy some people (though it didn't me), but it's REALLY worth sticking with. Like really.

cajunator

Banned
I blame my mouse. It got stuck on the impressions but I didn't see too much. I have it on blu ray lol. Whenever I switch on the PS3 though I can't be bothered to watch anime. I will get there eventually. Heard great things about the show.

Its WELL worth watching. One of my favorites in recent years.
One of those "marathon shows" where I just couldnt stop till it was over.

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi: Secret of the Frog Stone

MORE WORLD BUILDING, and the beginning is just begging to be taken out of context

Momoko: "Hey can I sit on grandpa's lap!?" "I knew it grandpa's lap feels the best"
Almost everyone but Aiko goes to sit on his lap.
Doremi: "What's wrong? You're not still thinking about the wood?"

God damn it, Aiko continues to the get shit end of the stick in regards to family. Her grandpa looked like a fucking monster, even yelled at her mother saying "SHE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU". I wouldn't be surprised if his outburst was a reason why she focuses more on her job and thus led to getting divorced in the long run.

Frog Mountain seems to be more of a witch thing, the Smiling Moon part would be a dead giveaway of that fact. Doremi's dad and grandfather seem to be at odds with each other, but it seems to dissipate at the end. The whole Smiling moon thing seems to be interesting, mainly because the Queen that reigned before mentioned a Human being in the Witch world when the Smiling moon isn't up, and here, on Frog Mountain, Magic gets canceled out on the Smiling Moon. What really sucks though, is that after telling them about the tragic past of Aiko's grandpa, she's comfortable with Doremi's grandfather. But as she sits on his lap and asked about the dark spots, he talks about dying soon. And the legend of the Frog stone too.

Like watchiing movies, because they always give a different feeling from watching the show. Change of color to give a different feeling, as well as score differences and camera angles. It's like an exotic feel for a familiar thing feeling. I wonder how this will play out in the future.

Gazoinks

You can never forget Steins;Gate, btw movie is supposedly told in Kurisu's PoV

Anime films I'm waiting for is Madoka Magika (3rd movie), Anohana movie, and S;G movie

Yeah, the premise of the story seems interesting, although it makes me feel bad for Okabe going through even more crap. >.>

I actually managed to forget about the Madoka movie, I'm looking forward to that one too.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 3

Welp. I thought going along with crazy talkative girl and her club didn't sound like a particularly attractive notion last episode, but I sure didn't expect
her to really be crazy and the club to actually be a front abducting people to initiate them into a cult
!

Kouko continues to be an interesting character both in her sheer relentless force of personality and in her even more relentless obsession with Mitsuo. But unexpectedly, this episode also made our MC a pretty interesting character himself with a take on the
amnesiac
trope that actually managed to feel quite fresh somehow. And of course the chemistry between the two of them is still pretty amazing.

Enjoying this show more with every episode.

cajunator

Banned
Golden Time 3

Welp. I thought going along with crazy talkative girl and her club didn't sound like a particularly attractive notion last episode, but I sure didn't expect
her to really be crazy and the club to actually be a front abducting people to initiate them into a cult
!

Kouko continues to be an interesting character both in her sheer relentless force of personality and in her even more relentless obsession with Mitsuo. But unexpectedly, this episode also made our MC a pretty interesting character himself with a take on the
amnesiac
trope that actually managed to feel quite fresh somehow. And of course the chemistry between the two of them is still pretty amazing.

Enjoying this show more with every episode.

The toradora writer is one very talented lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom