• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Samurai Flamenco Ep3 teaser shots: http://www.samumenco.com/story/

veTRACz.jpg

Get hype!

I cannot be appropriately hyped unless the Black Ranger is a black dude and the yellow ranger is the only Asian on the team. I need my 90s unnoticed PR racism to thrive.

I just want more Goto and Masayoshi sharing a gentle intimate friendship.

DTL future is now.

Strike The Blood 3

Well in this season, I guess its quite clear when things are average. Still somehow somewhat compelling but just average all around.
I guess his near death moment is interesting, but I bet he comes back anyway. Looking forward to more silly antics.

Branduil

So I just bought six volumes of The Five Star Stories manga for $6 but they're volumes 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, and 12, so I'm not sure if I should read them yet.

duckroll

Damn, that's a good deal. Even if you never get the other volumes, you can just pretend you bought a ton of nice layout books illustrated by Nagano. Lol.

/XX/

Good western locales in anime?

Gunsmith Cats
Mad Bull 34 (110% accurate)
Red Garden (although they cheated a bit with the private school)
Baccano
Monster (kinda)
The Count of Monte-Cristo too, because I never imagined 'NeoRoma' would be so fabulous looking! And there is also what dimb has been watching recently:

Rose of Versailles

Of course... this one as well!

Ghibli is cheating, though.
What about World Masterpiece Theater entries? Now THAT would be cheating depending on which early ones we pick. :p

I wonder if Anno will ever not look grubby.

http://i.imgur.com/AxfVz8r.jpg
He looked kind of dandy on those Nissan commercials... I still prefer his eccentric 'gurú' period, though.

If there's an Inferno Cop character thrown in I will put forward that all Imaishi shows are in the same continuity: Panty and Stocking failed to help the Real God stop the Southern Cross from turning Inferno Cop into a Real God. As the peak of human evolution, Inferno Cop's ascension drew the attention of the Anti-Spirals. The Anti-Spirals fail their first attempt to destroy humanity, which a young Lord Genome witnesses. All of Earth begins developing into a militaristic, Spiral society, hence the spiral towers from the start of Gurren Hen, and also the Spiral nature of the city in Kill la Kill. Eventually, Satsuki and her kind manage to lift a successful number of humans to the status of Spiral Warriors, including a student at one of the academies, one Lordgenome. He rises to the rank of greatest Spiral Warrior, has his mind blown by the Anti-Spiral Life Form, and ends the Spiral resistance. His memories of Satsuki's rhetoric concerning humans being pigs in men's clothing leads to his creation of Beastmen, and the stage is set for one Simon the Digger to start clawing his way up.

YES. IT IS ALL CLEAR TO ME NOW.
So uh, has Garterbelt been on a mission from God through a timeloop for all of history, or is he making that up? And has God been periodically sending him a piece of paper with a symbol on it from the beginning, or just screwing with him? Is Garterbelt's mission to stop Inferno Cop from becoming a Real God and drawing the ire of the Anti-Spirals?
I had flashbacks of the ancient 'Unified GAINAX Universe Theory' seeing these posts, and it made me see with redoubled passion how such awakening spirit will live on now through TRIGGER Inc., works. Thank you for this beautiful moment. :'-)

So, they presented the shorts scheduled to air next year for Animemirai. We knew the staff but now we have synopses and key visuals. If someone can translate the relevant info on that page it'd be much appreciated. Here are the key visuals for the shorts:

Harmonie
Director: Yasuhiro Yoshiura
Character designer: Atsushi Ikariya
Animation director: Atsushi Ikariya
Assistant animation director: Daisuke Mataga
Animation Production: Ultra Super Pictures
So, have USPI definitely "absorbed" Purple Cow Studios?

They just released Mirai Fukuin, the last kara no kyoukai movie. There is also another type-moon series called Girls' Work but it's been nearly 2/3 years since they have said anything about it.
Well, Hikaru Kondō has kind of commented something about it quite recently... that is just to say they are still working on it, apparently (http://twitter.com/humanity6/status/387552748448673792)!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SHE WILL NEVER FORGET THE ASTRONAUT SHE SAW THAT DAY.

Now you get to wait for the movie with the rest of us.

There are also some drama CD if you really want more , someone made a youtube translation of them but it's been a while and i lost my history when google changed my settings 2 days ago , so i really can't put a link.

Only if you can't wait for more steins;gate

CorvoSol

It's the girl from Golden Time lol. I haven't seen the show yet, but I doubt it is this risque.

It's a figure that comes with the limited release of the PS Vita game

http://i.imgur.com/G9h8Pld.jpg

What is that little string. What is it even doing there?

Man this isn't Saeki San so why should I even care. Call me when the best girl is in a swim suit.

I had flashbacks of the ancient 'Unified GAINAX Universe Theory' seeing these posts, and it made me see with redoubled passion how such awakening spirit will live on now through TRIGGER Inc., works. Thank you for this beautiful moment. :'-)

The Unified Trigger Universe plus other shows is already well under way.

Branduil

Damn, that's a good deal. Even if you never get the other volumes, you can just pretend you bought a ton of nice layout books illustrated by Nagano. Lol.

Yeah, just leafing through the appendices, there's some amazing full-color designs. Especially since these volumes are in huge 12x9 format.

/XX/

Speaking of which, this kinda brings to mind probably the only... "complaint" I have with KLK which is the current lack of an underlying emotional theme.

It's not so much a complaint but more of something I feel is currently lacking when comparing this show to the creators' other works. With Gurren Lagann you had the whole "Do the impossible" thing and with FLCL you had the underlying "coming of age" theme. Both of them had these themes more or less established right from the very first episode but I haven't seen something similar just quite yet for KLK since it's currently preoccupied with Ryuuko's goal to find the other half of the scissor. Because of that I find it a little hard to relate to many of the characters but I can still find them very entertaining. With that said, I imagine the show hasn't even begun to show its true colors just quite yet and judging by what people are saying for the third episode, this is aiming for something much bigger than what has been introduced so far.
Yeah, this just began and at this pace there could be so much on the road to make us feel for all of them. Remember the whole "burning characters drama" revolving around both protagonists that Mr. Nakashima mentioned a while ago for their first interview featured on Newtype about this series:

Kazuki Nakashima said:
Both of them are main characters. Their universe has uniforms that match an individual's talents/skills and give them respective powers, and Satsuki is trying to rule the Academy with that uniform's power. Ryuuko resists this movement. It'll be a sculptured drama centered around both of them.
http://pastebin.com/UWCFK2Bq

Fleshing out that confronting relationship goes first, to create or pave a way towards that attachment necessary that we should feel towards the two characters, and their battle-forged understanding, for later going much more further than that (into that hot and passionate drama on the horizon!).

To be fair, blame Mr. Ōtsuka as well for doing such statements.

I don't know how likely it is, but I'd like that redone for the Blu-Ray. Everything else is so damn good, but for one excruciating second, they were walking towards each other and ohmigod it was bad.
Mr. Amemiya, responsible for this episode, was the poor one who subjected himself the most to something like B★RS, and that probably took a toll out of his soul. All that wasted CGI probably still haunts him to the point of trying things like that again and failing... give the guy a break.

This show has the worst dialogue of any anime I have ever seen, and shit like yuuko breaking into the fight really makes me cringe.

BUT I'LL BE DAMNED IF THIS ISN'T THE MOST AWESOME SHIT I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.
Man, have you seen... ahem, diverse script translations for it? I'd recommend to everyone doing comparisons with other... well, translations and checking for more comments about the matter before assuring something like that.

I am in love with every scene that involves Ryuko blushing! She's too cute!
And for that blushing to be such a clear sign of what it was holding her back! I think I'm going to miss that more embarrassed part of her a little... ;-)

I'm surprised the main antagonist got a gamechanger this early in the game.
Yeah, I have the impression Satsuki's willingness to even the field in a 'me too' and respectful way, to show what she is willing to do this soon, makes her the kind of prideful but not extremely arrogant antagonist that you are more interested to see where it can actually go next, and distances her from those smokescreen last-goal "villains" that only seem to move the strings in the shadows and talk too much until the final showdown.
Much more interesting situation we have now!

Ranma 1/2 Episodes 1 and 2 (via neonalley)

Well this is a kind of funny anime at times even if the start was confusing
I was so shocked when the shower scene happened and then Ranma stood up and way impressive, hes such a good character in that form
. A bit on the retro side though (music and sound) but I look forward to more somewhat.

Chronoexe

Need to tell the world:

High school Dxd Novel 16 !
( spoilers )
Vali father! Vali grandfather !
Dxd organisation ( naming by koneko )
Rias power-up ( new destructive spell is destructive )
Koneko grown-up version ! ( senjutsu mastery time )

And i'm not even talking about the bad guys ... the author is nuts ... But this is so freaking awesome.

This post was for the 2 other guys following the novels like me on this thread ... This book is so good .

must resist spoilers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SPOILER 1: Holy shit!
SPOILER 2: Nice
SPOILER 3: What? Switch Princess is evolving!
SPOILER 4: Wait what?

Spoilers for Dxd Novel 16
YOu HAVE BEEN WARNED

HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

The fault lies with her sister kuroka that teached her how to master senjutsu and the fact that she wanted to use those powers , she didn't want to use them before and that's why her growth was reduced. If you read vol 15 you'd know that ise lap is now a free territory for everyone with rules of engagement ( ise wasn't aware of this untill that point ) given that even kuroka & akeno are using this "territory" , koneko won't have a problem either

That territory is now a warzone.

Golden Time - 01

'Bout time we get another college-themed anime (the only one I recall being Steins;Gate) and being the same writer as Toradora I expect great things.

First let me say, this first episode was way fucking better than that of Angel Beats! The characters were introduced in normal-flowing way instead of being named off in one scene via list format.
As for the episode itself I really enjoyed the comedic introduction with both Banri and Mistuo in the same predicament. Then of course the revelation of Mistuo's puedo-ex-relationship with Koko was hilarious as well (especially Mistuo mimicking Koko).

The OP caught me off guard with its... flamboyancy? However I'll probably get used to it over time, ED is catchy as well.

must resist spoilers mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SPOILER 1: Holy shit!
SPOILER 2: Nice
SPOILER 3: What? Switch Princess is evolving!
SPOILER 4: Wait what?

HHHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

That territory is now a warzone.
I have more just pm me if you want more info.
Switch princess didnt evolve ,she just learned a new technique

cnet128

Banned
Strike the Blood 3

Oh. Now I see what y'all were getting at with the nice boat posts XD

in other news yay
Nekomatan was saved from the cruel fate of being eternally forgotten!

Syrinx

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 20

That better not be the end of this little story with Kayoko-chan. There's still a lot of exploring to do with that.

That ABC sweets song is the catchiest shit ever, I swear.

We already had a Romeo and Juliet anime though. And may I just say, the OP was hilariously cheesy. I mean seeing an emotional scene in the anime only for a screaming engrish vocalist to start "YOU A-RAIIIIIIIISE ME UUUUUUUUUP! So AH CAN TOUCH THE MOUNTAAAAAAAAAAINS!" was too good. Engrish ftw.

Yuusha ni Narenakatta 03
I was expecting the show to devolve into fan service but tentacle scene already? Man keep this up and we'll have a beach episode within the next 3 episodes.

Chronoexe

I have more just pm me if you want more info.
Switch princess didnt evolve ,she just learned a new technique

No I'm going to wait, the curiosity is killing me but I have to wait... >__>

High School D×D 16 Daywalker of the Extracurricular Lesson (October 19, 2013)

released today fuuuuuck, I really need to learn japanese ;__;

Golden Time - 02

Another great episode, really enjoying the characters being introduced thus far. Really liking Linda
hairstyle is awesome

Highlight of the episode was definintely
the film club's welcoming party scene where Banri gets dragged off to the Tea Club's welcoming party next door. Rolling girl in underwear was just hilarious. As for Koko, I don't know what to think. Obv from the OP its high chance she gets with Banri later on, we'll see.

Theonik

Kill La Kill 03
The music for this is still kinda bad and it looks pretty ugly at times, but it's so awesome that I can do nothing else but to love it.
This episode was mad hyyyyyyype.
A high amount of [REDACTED] also. Will make more avatars.

cajunator

Banned
It's the girl from Golden Time lol. I haven't seen the show yet, but I doubt it is this risque.

It's a figure that comes with the limited release of the PS Vita game

http://i.imgur.com/G9h8Pld.jpg

What is that little string. What is it even doing there?

Its covering up her naughty bits. I think.

Acchi Kocchi 1

iQjHgJstFN7HE.gif

JESUS, JESUUUUUUUUUUUUUUS. This show is going to be tough to get through.

I knowwwwww. Its so adorable its deadly!

Pokemon XY 1

I really, really don't want to watch 50+ episodes of Ash being a loser again.

But goddamnit, I'm really considering just bearing through the pain of watching filler after filler, just to see more of Serena and Bonnie/Eureka.

Also Froakie is a bro. Ash incompetence better not keep him from evolving into a badass ninja frog.

Pokemon XY 1

But goddamnit, I'm really considering just bearing through the pain of watching filler after filler, just to see more of Serena and Bonnie/Eureka.

Also Froakie is a bro. Ash incompetence better not keep him from evolving into a badass ninja frog.

After seeing them in game, I wonder if its a sign of

A) they'll do a "HEY IM ACTUALLY A GYM LEADER ALL THIS TIME, EAT SHIT"
B) They'll replace the person with a new Gym Leader because of Z/X2/Y2

And Either of them will go with the "Hay, we're travel buddies because fuck you".

So I currently have three anime shows in my backlog list I'm willing to start on next. Any recommendations/comments on whether I should watch:

- Kurozuka

- Guin Saga

- Another

Have you seen/heard anything about these three shows? I haven't heard much about their quality or whether they're decent as they seem to be fairly unknown in the sites I visit. Except maybe Another which I hear it's good but want confirmation if possible.

I want to start with these from my backlog vs anything else because the rest (stuff like SKET Dance, Beelzebub, etc) have 26+ episodes so I can't go through them in say a weekend.

cremino

Coppelion 3

Finally we’re learning something about the story behind the accident

Kyokai no Kanata 3

This show is….weird.. the fights are beautiful as well the animation but the characters are really dumb

Kill la Kill 3

This show is amazing!!! I liked everything, especially Mako...

Jintor

Pokemon XY 1

Man, i'd watch pokemon series about x and y if ash wasn't in it

So I currently have three anime shows in my backlog list I'm willing to start on next. Any recommendations/comments on whether I should watch:

- Kurozuka

- Guin Saga

- Another

Have you seen/heard anything about these three shows? I haven't heard much about their quality or whether they're decent as they seem to be fairly unknown in the sites I visit. Except maybe Another which I hear it's good but want confirmation if possible.

I want to start with these from my backlog vs anything else because the rest (stuff like SKET Dance, Beelzebub, etc) have 26+ episodes so I can't go through them in say a weekend.

You should throw those messes away and watch Hidamari Sketch and Strike Witches.

After seeing them in game, I wonder if its a sign of

A) they'll do a "HEY IM ACTUALLY A GYM LEADER ALL THIS TIME, EAT SHIT"
B) They'll replace the person with a new Gym Leader because of Z/X2/Y2

And Either of them will go with the "Hay, we're travel buddies because fuck you".

I believe the show established Clemont is the gym leader, just that Ash doesn't know about it yet. So option A then.

cnet128

Banned
YuuShibu 3

Well, those were some pretty naughty tentacles.

As for the whole "can't I tell anyone I'm a demon?" thing, I'm feeling a similar dissonance to that from Hataraku Maou-sama here, where the "demonic" characters are presented as perfectly good people in the here and now, despite the fact that they've supposedly committed all sorts of atrocities in the past that make the humans justified in hating them. It's not exactly the same (unlike Maou, Fino has yet to personally commit any atrocities herself, and hasn't professed any ambitions to go back to the whole world-conquering thing) but it's pretty similar in that the supposed evil nature of the demons is largely an informed trait.

Not that this dissonance particularly bothers me in such a lighthearted series, but since the show seems to be directly addressing the human hatred for demonfolk now, I do wonder how it's going to be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom