• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

tumblr_m7f1v3Oykw1qdc388o1_500.gif

Bros for life :')

tumblr_m2edkzAUXV1r18tqj.gif

A true bond has been forged.

cajunator

Banned
DTL is watching Utena?

DTL future is now.

He's in it for the FABULOUS.

Doesn't help this .gif is at the top of the page and I'm listening to the ED of Golden Time on repeat...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw4vMdBIffk

This ED is so squee.

<3
This is pretty perfect. At least right now in this moment.

Fate/Zero 8

And we're back! With a pretty awesome episode!

Kiritsugu's fight in this episode was very cool, and it makes me look forward to his future battles.
His Origin bullets sure are unpleasant though. It was sort of nice seeing Kayneth being demolished like that because of how haughty he was, but yeesh.

Irisviel turns out to be an effective combatant also, which is cool.

Fate/Zero 9

There's that Urobutcher touch.
Ended up feeling bad for Kaynath here. He's an asshole, but his entire self-worth was founded in being an awesome mage and now he can't cast any magic. That sucks. Also his wife seems shady.

Rider continues to be awesome, but we had some heavier stuff here. Now Waver must wave goodbye to his innocence. I'm sure it'll only get more traumatic from here. At least Rider got his beloved pants.

No worries, this show gets way more depressing.

Well, I read the Golden Time spoilers on my own volition; now I can't decide if I should bother giving the show a second try or not.

Do it, if only for this .gif

ib1R0k9cj3vPIe.gif

In all seriousness did you drop it? If so why? Don't know if you watched Toradora but this show is definitely giving off similar vibes.

What the hell is with the wind lately? Bleh.

Recovering a bit at least. I'm actually rewatching Kiniro Mosaic for some reason, much like I rewatched Nichijou in late September
I still like Nichijou.

I think some people aren't finding the progression on character development fast enough? I dunno I'm curious what would make others drop it unless they simply weren't interested enough.

Articalys

Do it, if only for this .gif

http://i.minus.com/ib1R0k9cj3vPIe.gif[/MG]

In all seriousness did you drop it? If so why? Don't know if you watched Toradora but this show is definitely giving off similar vibes.[/QUOTE]

I dunno what happened, I watched episode 1 and thought it was OK, though not a must-watch, then never got around to watching episode 2 after all the craziness of the noitaminA debut last week, other stuff happened and just kept putting it off. Now mind you I'd already heard about the [SPOILER]amnesia and memory spirit plot elements[/SPOILER] before I'd started watching, so really the only thing I guess I got spoiled on is this [SPOILER]club that's actually a cult[/SPOILER], which I assume won't be a major plot point in the long run... I hope.
So I guess I'm just being lazy. That and I already have [I]14[/I] other shows on my watchlist this season, none of which are anything I'm particularly motivated to drop, and plenty of other shit I should be doing IRL, and adding on yet another show...

Gazoinks

I think some people aren't finding the progression on character development fast enough? I dunno I'm curious what would make others drop it unless they simply weren't interested enough.

I'm still going to give Golden Time a chance with the third episode, but so far the characters haven't quite managed to grab me. There was some nice development of Koko in the second episode which is a good sign, but I don't find Banri or Mitsuo that interesting yet. The college setting is nice though, and it had some funny moments, so it's not quite dropped for me yet.

CorvoSol

PACIFIC RIM

I don't get the hate.

Okay now here are the negatives. Listen 'cuz I'm only gonna cover them once. First, the rain effects, while cool in that they added an element of presence and physicality to objects which don't actually exist, became intrusive and obstructed the camera and a clear view of the fight. That Hong Kong fight would've been much better with rain filters off. The rain was distracting and blocked a clear view, and that was not so great. Second, the actor playing Raleigh, while someone who has plenty of experience, was wooden in his performance, and his entire role left me wishing that Idris Elba's character had taken his place instead. Granted, I accept that as a Hollywood movie, a pretty white guy had to be the lead, but still. On the other hand, it's a hallmark of our genre that the protagonist be subpar anyway.

So did you catch those? Cuz that is all that is wrong with the film. Now here is what I really have to say:

FUCK YES BITCHES THIS IS THE MOVIE OF THE YEAR. ANIME OF THE YEAR. EVERYTHING OF THE YEAR. SCREW ALL OF YOU. SUCK IT DOWN FLOWERS OF EVIL YOU AIN'T GOT ROTOSCOPED SHIT LIKE THIS. BOW TO DEL TORO. BOW TO YOUR NEW GOD OF MECHA. THANK YOU BASED DEL TORO.

I mean really, let's judge this film from the standards of the mecha genre, shall we, and as one that aims more to pay homage to and venerate the standards of the genre. What, then, could possibly have been missing from this film, save it be the Rocket Punch? Otherwise it had everything. Rocket elbow move, a sword from somewhere in the torso, THAT AMAZING KAIJU DRAGON FIGHT, heroic, manly sacrifices, pointless death and wanton destruction! Monsters from below the sea and with little explanation! Interdimensional hijinks! Evangelion mind rape! Piloting a robot as a metaphor for human relationships! It was all there, people. Even had us the questionable Russian mecha pilot team comprised of a big dude Argo Golskii and his sexy, diminuitive, domineering female companion Nastasha.

And again, THAT AMAZING KAIJU DRAGON FIGHT. Serious the thing perches over Gypsy Danger, howls, then
POPS WINGS OUT OF NOWHERE.
Then they're up in the air and Kamille Bidan whines to Emma that they're out of options and she's all "Nope.
It's MOTHER FUCKING SWORD TIME BITCH.
" And then they
SLICE THAT THING IN HALF!
I was fist pumping the air the entire time. That fight was the best part of the ENTIRE movie.

Other notes: LOL at the Wall. It's like Guillermo Del Toro saw one episode of Attack on Titan, said he could do better AND THEN HE DID. Now I know that it isn't hard to jump over a bar that is several million miles below the center of the Earth, but seriously: Pacific Rim shits all over Ass on Titan.

And OF COURSE the Seattle Jaeger got its ass kicked. It's never worth rooting for our teams ever.

Yo and that Kaiju theme! MMMMMMMMM SO GOOD. And widdle Mako-chan! Wanted to give that kid a hug so bad.

Condensed version: PACIFIC RIM SO GOOD MMMMMMMMM

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Infinite Stratos S2 ep2-3 - All caught up... except for the fact I haven't watched ep1 yet. Ep3 was fun but weird as fuck.. ep2 was a bunch of nonsense.

DiGiKerot

Either way, it leads me onto Day 2 of SLA with Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl.

So, overall then. I'd say it's a good movie and definitely worth watching simply to see some lovely bright animation but I can't really wholeheartedly recommend it as a must watch. It feels too much like an overambitious project crammed into the timeframe allowed.

It feels even more like that the second time through, honestly - it feels like there's a whole bunch of character moments that are supposed to be there to set up certain character attitudes and motivations for the secondary cast in that final act that are simply missing. I mean, there's a bunch of things people say that come across like it's supposed to be some kind of hilarious running gag, but we as the audience had't been let into them. Oh, well, guess it was probably in the book.

Tomorrow is a busy day. Yoyo to Nene, Patema Inverted and Evangelion 3.0 because I hate myself. Hopefully it'll end reasonably on time rather and save me having to practically sprint out the door to catch the last bus.

I hope you left yourself room to go upwards in the audience voting - the way this normally works is that people really love movies I'm ambivalent about, and hate ones I enthuse over, so you're probably in luck today!

(In all serious, I'm looking forward to Yoyo & Nene today, but the four movie gauntlet I'm in for is going to be hella exhausting. It's easy to forget how ungodly warm that theatre gets when full...)

Articalys

http://ss-countdown.com/

Toei is doing a mystery countdown that looks like it'll end in about 10 days. Based on the url it seems likely to be related to Saint Seiya - maybe the upcoming CG movie? They also have a temp placeholder page active on this url: http://www.saintseiya2014.com/
Haha, the Twitter widget they have on the page for anyone mentiong the #sscountdown hashtag picked up someone's "SAORIIIIIII SANNNNNNNN"

Dog won me over because she has the best dancing moves. She obviously took classes. The cat has no rhythm, and the rabbit is basically dancing the 'DO THE MONKEY WITH ME!'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom