• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody tell me where this is from, I've been entranced by it for like 10 minutes.

sSqzGTg.gif

CorvoSol

Pokemon XY 1

I really, really don't want to watch 50+ episodes of Ash being a loser again.

But goddamnit, I'm really considering just bearing through the pain of watching filler after filler, just to see more of Serena and Bonnie/Eureka.

Also Froakie is a bro. Ash incompetence better not keep him from evolving into a badass ninja frog.

Just watch it for Pikachu. He's clearly the real protagonist. Minus the fact that his level gets reset every new region for some reason.

Mewtwo is the real protagonist.

Pokemon XY 1

I really, really don't want to watch 50+ episodes of Ash being a loser again.

But goddamnit, I'm really considering just bearing through the pain of watching filler after filler, just to see more of Serena and Bonnie/Eureka.

Also Froakie is a bro. Ash incompetence better not keep him from evolving into a badass ninja frog.

Then don't, the main anime series of Pokemon became obsolete once Hoenn ended.

Revolutionary Girl Utena Episode 1 via neon alley
tumblr_muw9qlYzt31qbxqfpo1_500.png

I thought the backstory fairy tale of sorts was a compelling and interesting basis for a story and would be curious how it works in the modern age, if that is what the anime is truly going to be about but I think its execution is already taking several missteps even here in the first episode. It does have good characters, designs, personalities, and voice acting but I wish it didnt just stumble and bumble its way out of the gate.
Like how does Saionji, who is already built up to be an epic powerhouse with Guilty Crown like void summoning abilities, lose instantly like that. Its difficult to believe and accept. Especially considering that Utena doesnt even have any special abilities, so an explanation was needed and not delivered. I hope he gets another chance to triumph as that was just unfair, Or if red hair can somehow make up for this loss and can redeem him.

Anthy could use some work, at least, compared to Inori who both seem to possess the same ability, shes just way too passive and lifeless.

Gazoinks

Polar Bear Cafe 1

I wish I was a full-time Panda.

This seems like a great feel-good show. It's nice and relaxed, adorable, and pretty funny. Puns are the highest form of comedy.

And it's 50 episodes! That seems really long for a show like this!

Polar Bear Cafe 1

I wish I was a full-time Panda.

This seems like a great feel-good show. It's nice and relaxed, adorable, and pretty funny. Puns are the highest form of comedy.

And it's 50 episodes! That seems really long for a show like this!

tumblr_m3h8eucgfj1qclke2.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH

I needed someone to gush over Panda with, nice to have a brother in arms.

Kill La Kill 3

Another fantastic episode, helps to cement my belief that this show isn't going to be all about fighting the school. Honestly I expect us to be finished with the school plot in the next 3-6 episodes.

I should pick this up again at some point

it's... so relaxing...
I really haven't been this relaxed watching a show in ages. It feels like when I was first watching Acchi Kocchi or Nichijou, only even more so because that small part of me that doesn't want to get all mushy thanks to small girls being cute is completely gone when it comes to animals. Not even the manliest of men can resist cute animals.

But I'm 8 episodes in as well and every episode has been golden. Whoever was it here that said secret anime of the year 2012 may have not been exaggerating haha.

It was your gushing that brought the show to my attention, actually! Panda is great and Polar Bear's puns are legendary.

PYs86.gif

Valvrave 14

Glad we finally got the Neet's origin story, though I couldn't stop hearing the phrase "I've seen this hentai before" during almost the entire flash back lol

Gazoinks

Golden Time 2

I liked this episode more than the first, but not quite enough to fully grab me, still. I'll check out Episode 3 later and we'll see.

I like that the OP gives away how the romance will end, kinda removes the potential for annoying "Will they or won't they" stuff in favor of better things.

Golden Time 2

I liked this episode more than the first, but not quite enough to fully grab me, still. I'll check out Episode 3 later and we'll see.

I like that the OP gives away how the romance will end, kinda removes the potential for annoying "Will they or won't they" stuff in favor of better things.

I like that too. Will they/won't they works well when romance isn't the main focus, like say FMA Brotherhood.

In this situation it'd get annoying. I admittedly got a bit annoyed in Toradora since it took them so long to realize this. Still loved the show and all, but it seemed like such a tactical way to enlarge the show to 20 episodes or however long it ran for.

Log Horizon 2

I like that death isn't permanent in this, and I also like how this show takes the premise of "trapped in an MMO" and really runs with it. Honestly Elder Tales seems like it'd be a fun game to play for real. The fact the plot is story driven is a god send after that nightmare that was SAO

Golden Time - 03

Wow I totally didn't expect the over-enthusiastic club recruiter to
actually be part of a cult. I knew that permission forms were subject to fishiness. Enjoyed the chemistry between Banri and Koko, and the show manages to use the amnesiac archetype and make it feel fresh and interesting; I'm looking at you Touma from Index.

Another entertaining episode, will definitely continue watching and finish the series.

The ending
made me chuckle at Banri mistaking Linda's name for Barbara.

Gazoinks

Fate/Zero 8

And we're back! With a pretty awesome episode!

Kiritsugu's fight in this episode was very cool, and it makes me look forward to his future battles.
His Origin bullets sure are unpleasant though. It was sort of nice seeing Kayneth being demolished like that because of how haughty he was, but yeesh.

Irisviel turns out to be an effective combatant also, which is cool.

Fate/Zero 9

There's that Urobutcher touch.
Ended up feeling bad for Kaynath here. He's an asshole, but his entire self-worth was founded in being an awesome mage and now he can't cast any magic. That sucks. Also his wife seems shady.

Rider continues to be awesome, but we had some heavier stuff here. Now Waver must wave goodbye to his innocence. I'm sure it'll only get more traumatic from here. At least Rider got his beloved pants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom