• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Wow, looks very cool! Okamura <3

-----Reposting for top of page---

Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda (World Conquest - Star of Stratagem)

Director: Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist)
Series Composition: Meteo Hoshizora (Type-Moon), Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist)
Original Character Design: Kouhaku Kuroboshi (Kino's Journey)
Animation Character Design: Keigo Sasaki (Blue Exorcist)
Music: Tatsuya Katou (Free)
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

HXH8Eaz.jpg

Acosta

Samurai Flamenco 1

That was quite interesting... not sure if I'm going to enjoy this (personally as a matter of mindset, nothing about quality). But I will try to watch it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol

Director: Tensai Okamura
Series Composition: Meteo Hoshizora, Tensai Okamura
Original Character Design: Kouhaku Kuroboshi
Animation Character Design: Keigo Sasaki
Music: Tatsuya Katou

http://i.imgur.com/HXH8Eaz.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Holy shit those character designs.

[SPOILER]Orange/black witch girl for best girl[/SPOILER]

DiGiKerot

Upon seeing Yoyo and Nene again.... My opinion is pretty much the same. I really enjoy that movie, but, man, it way over-labours it's points to the point of annoyance. Still stuck my audience in the Very Good bag, because it's still probably my favourite if the competition movies.

Anyway, time for Patema Inverted... Again :)

(PS - I was the guy who JC called out (again) before the movie for my seeing-things-twice tendencies ^^;)

cnet128

Banned
New all-original anime by the director of Darker than Black! With character designs by the artist of the Kino no Tabi novels!

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19390.html

Series Composition: Meteo Hoshizora (Type-Moon), Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist)

You have no idea how much I approve of this.

Fuck yes my life needs more crazy world-conquering lolis.

I guess... why not?

Black-red is already best girl.

---

[IMG]http://abload.de/img/6_20131020005223d79gnoka.jpg

Short PV for the next Monogatari arc is out.
http://www.monogatari-series.com/2ndseason/movie/oni_pv01.html

Branduil

Japan: sexualizing children one TV show at a time.

Articalys

Oh, also, here's some ongoing news in the "does-Saban-really-have-international-Precure-rights" saga:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?21061&p=210053#post210053
FYI Pretty Cure is getting dubbed by Saban... Well, not "dubbed" as much as localized, I'm sure. It seems the working title is Glitter Force if you want to go by US Trademark applications.

It's still rumor based on a single Italian press release from RIA but I've basically confirmed it with my own sources.
Source is Samuel Pinansky, the guy who's running Anime Sols.

Acosta

Kill a Kill 2

Rising and rising to be the one I want to buy in Blu-Ray and the end of the season. It´s so great to watch this stuff.

Talking about Blu-Rays, could someone answer me some questions about Blue Excorsist?

a) Is it good?
b) Do I need to watch the series to watch the movie?
c) Will the movie be sold at amazon?

Thanks in advance.

fertygo

Kill a Kill 2

Rising and rising to be the one I want to buy in Blu-Ray and the end of the season. It´s so great to watch this stuff.

Talking about Blu-Rays, could someone answer me some questions about Blue Excorsist?

a) Is it good?
b) Do I need to watch the series to watch the movie?
c) Will the movie be sold at amazon?

Thanks in advance.

1. Its good,.
2. No, but can only help.
3. I think so.

Silky

Banned
tumblr_mux9enKgax1qzespeo1_500.gif

Another good episode. Nice we get to see more insight regarding Shiroe's past and learn more about his personality. It's great to see the action speeded up, yet still has a lot of that strategic flair to it. I think what I like most about this is that the trio are extremely overleveled, but when faced with underleveled enemies, they still mind their numbers and would rather retreat than wade through them all.

The show so far has a consistency of introducing likable, though generic characters. I found myself really enjoying Serara.
THE CAT GUY IS NAMED NYANTA AND HE SAYS EVERYTHING WITH 'NYA' ENDING THE SENTENCE AAAAAAA

And look, more antagonists! Probably!

Akatsuki's definitely waifu of the year mhm

Defuser

Log Horizon ep 3
Man, why do Jouji Nakata always get typecasted for a furry?

Why do I get the overwhelming feeling this arc is going to spoil the fuck out of Kizu for anyone who hasn't read it yet.

Because Shaft doesn't know how get the Kizu movie done first :|

cajunator

Banned
Take notes Asuna, this is how you deal with tentacles:

b129eddc89e9ff597f59fuvu4u.gif

06f56871a2c0af207f728ykpr2.gif

Shows seem to be getting a lot of sakuga love lately. Are animation budgets increasing?

The show gives me some Agent Aika vibes. I miss the 90s... boobs, panties and fine animations.

Theres a reason why I keep all those nostalgic 90s shows like Najica in my collection

That dancing dog-girl (and her friends I guess) are clearly amazing enough to single-handedly justify it.

I think this may be yet another adorable magical girl series I have to watch at some point.

I feel the same!

New all-original anime by the director of Darker than Black! With character designs by the artist of the Kino no Tabi novels!

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19390.html

Oh my...

HXH8Eaz.jpg

Oh my indeed.
This is a quite intriguing development.
Characers designs are absolutely whacky and I love it that way.

I like the all masks all the time thing this has going on. Also A-1, nice.

What is this?

I couldn't become a hero, so I reluctantly decided to get a job.

hey guys, I don't read manga and have only recently started like properly watching anime, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what's decent this season.

Have a 30 day trial from Crunchyroll because I used to have a premium membership (when I wasn't an unemployed student bum Q_Q).

Things that I've watched and enjoyed:

SAO (yeah I know)
Fate Stay Night (YEAH I KNOW)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess
P4 The Animation (obviously)

Stuff that doesn't really count:

Fairy Tail (like 50 episodes, got boring then)
Highschool of the Dead (it was like the first one I watched, and it was dubbed :/)
Elfen Lied (whatever of it was on Netflix at the time. Again dubbed :/)

Also Kayos made me try Valvrave and fuck if I'm going down that road again.

hey guys, I don't read manga and have only recently started like properly watching anime, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what's decent this season.

Have a 30 day trial from Crunchyroll because I used to have a premium membership (when I wasn't an unemployed student bum Q_Q).

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

Highschool of the Dead (it was like the first one I watched, and it was dubbed :/)

Samurai Flamenco is a must watch. Also look into HxH, Yowapeda, Kurokos Basketball, and Phi Brain.

Silky

Banned

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

JoJo

Gazoinks

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

Kyousougiga and Kill la Kill are my standouts of the season. White Album 2, Log Horizon, and Samurai Flamenco are also pretty good so far.

cajunator

Banned

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

Youll like Log Horizon

BluWacky

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

It seems like you mostly like action shows (with Titan a notable exception). I'm not sure what I'd recommend from this season but some of these back catalogue titles would be worth watching:

If you enjoyed Fate/Stay Night I would recommend you try watching Fate/Zero, the prequel to the events you've watched; it's widely regarded as being vastly superior.

If you've enjoyed Bleach you may well enjoy Hunter X Hunter, seen as being one of the best shounen series of recent years (although it's still going so may not be ideal for a 30 day guest pass!)

Depending on what you enjoyed about Steins;Gate - presumably the twisty turny plot and thriller elements - I'd recommend Gankutsuou, a slightly older series available on Crunchyroll in the US (I'm in the UK so can't link to it). It's a futuristic adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo and is truly excellent; unlike many other thrillers, like Valvrave or shows like Code Geass/Death Note, it doesn't throw ridiculous credibility-stretching plot twists at you so I would hope you would enjoy it.

It seems like you mostly like action shows (with Titan a notable exception). I'm not sure what I'd recommend from this season but some of these back catalogue titles would be worth watching:

If you enjoyed Fate/Stay Night I would recommend you try watching Fate/Zero, the prequel to the events you've watched; it's widely regarded as being vastly superior.

If you've enjoyed Bleach you may well enjoy Hunter X Hunter, seen as being one of the best shounen series of recent years (although it's still going so may not be ideal for a 30 day guest pass!)

Depending on what you enjoyed about Steins;Gate - presumably the twisty turny plot and thriller elements - I'd recommend Gankutsuou, a slightly older series available on Crunchyroll in the US (I'm in the UK so can't link to it). It's a futuristic adaptation of The Count of Monte Cristo and is truly excellent; unlike many other thrillers, like Valvrave or shows like Code Geass/Death Note, it doesn't throw ridiculous credibility-stretching plot twists at you so I would hope you would enjoy it.

Yeah I finished watching Fate/Stay Night recently (as well as Unlimited Blade Works) so I'm going to wait a bit before watching Zero.

I've had Hunter X Hunter in my queue for ages, just kept forgetting about it :/ that and Gintama.

I'm in Ireland, so I can't get Gankutsuou :( can't get Kill la Kill either.

Thanks for the suggestions :)

Ace of the Diamond 2:
Well, there were certainly a lot of still shots in this episode, and I don't know that the movement was really used to the best possible effect (although there were a few scenes with strong impact, such as the final pitch). I did think they did a good job depicting the facial expressions in several scenes, which certainly helped. The music remains something of a weakness, however. It's too bombastic, and it doesn't really feel appropriate during several moments.

Story wise, we're still right at the beginning. They did a perfectly fine job of adapting these events to the screen, and I can't really complain about anything. Sawamura still isn't particularly likable or unique at this point, but there are some good scenes with him. I'm looking forward to seeing how some stuff from further on in the manga will translate, once the story gets more interesting.

cnet128

Banned

SAO (yeah I know)
Bleach (up to filler)
Blast of Tempest
Steins Gate
Attack on Titan I guess

Of the new shows this season, Kill la Kill is definitely the standout. Samurai Flamenco is something some of us are enjoying a lot and some are disappointed by, so it's worth checking out to see if it's up your street. Yozakura Quartet and Galileidonna are other fun, action-y shows that may be relevant to your interests. Kyousougiga is weird and confusing, but in a high-energy, very entertaining way, and a lot of people are enjoying it.

I don't know if they're likely to appeal to you since they don't really fall into the same genre as any of the shows you've listed, but Golden Time and Nagi no Asu Kara are some more laid-back, romance-type shows that many of us are really enjoying.

If you're not limiting yourself to things that started this season, then as Silky mentioned, JoJo is an excellent show that is totally worth your time (and it was recently announced it's getting a continuation soon, most likely next Spring). Also check out the excellent Monogatari series (chronology: Bakemonogatari from 2009, then Nisemonogatari from 2012, the short Nekomonogatari Black from the end of last year, and finally Monogatari Second Season which is currently airing). I also second the recommendation for Hunter x Hunter, which is one of the best shonen series out there.

Disclaimer: I don't really know which of these have simulcasts where, let alone in Ireland, but they're all worth seeking out one way or another if you can't get them through Crunchy.

Cheers :)

All those shows I listed were ones suggested to me by friends who watch anime, not necessarily because that's the only genre I like.

I'll check out anything. Thanks for the suggestions!

cajunator

Banned

All those shows I listed were ones suggested to me by friends who watch anime, not necessarily because that's the only genre I like.

Then check out Golden Time too. Its a romcom but so far very good/ It was written by the toradora author so it is likely to be pretty good in general. Koko is completely adorable.

See you have Steins;Gate up there, you like tragic animes? Highly reccomend Anohana and Madoka Magika for you if so

DiGiKerot

News from SLA - apparently Patema Inverted has been properly licensed for the UK already. No specific indication as to who has licensed it.

My feelings on the movie haven't really changed any. Will be curious to hear what Jeff thinks once he isn't at a cinema.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

*Looks at their clothing*

Doujins! Doujins everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom