• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluWacky

Damn I'm pissed atm. Fuck this movie and fuck the Pokemon anime.

How dare they not be faithful to a film and TV special that probably aired before the target audience for this film was born, despite saying before the film aired that they were deliberately going with a new Mewtwo!

Yes I'm poking fun at you :p but then I'm not a Pokemon fan.

Pokemon Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened - FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT!

Done, I'm done watching this, my brother is watching this shit in the background I don't care, I've heard all I needed to.

Ash, Jesse, James, Pikachu, and Meowth know NOTHING about the Mewtwo from previous films, specifically that of Mewtwo Returns where their memories are not wiped out. This new Mewtwo apparently just has the origin of "being created by humans" but doesn't go further than that.

Basically it's a fucking retcon. Old Mewtwo is gone replaced by this female Mewtwo acts like an overprotective mother around Pokemon and fails at it. Damn I'm pissed atm. Fuck this movie and fuck the Pokemon anime.

I remember that in one of the trailers for the film Ash definately did remember Mewtwo.

It wasn't a dub trailer though.

Joe Molotov

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 01

Caution, this anime contains...

fUF3oLQ.jpg

AAA+ translation notes, would keikaku again.

v8xfrvL.jpg

The future we were promised in Back to the Future Part II

pHeXdqs.jpg
k7fMg42.jpg

:SDBurton

hKv7SlM.png

A fucking turtle with a hat and glasses, I shit you not.

Also a goth loli batgirl. A quality show.

How dare they not be faithful to a film and TV special that probably aired before the target audience for this film was born, despite saying before the film aired that they were deliberately going with a new Mewtwo!

Yeah I admit I should've probably known that before watching this film, but even with this knowledge the new Mewtwo is an insult to the previous one. This one can mega-evolve at will but apparently still gets her ass kicked constantly. Ignoring the obvious retcon of Ash-and-crew's memories new Mewtwo's backstory/origin is never gone in-depth and her motivations/point-of-view is damn annoying.

Old Mewtwo: I'm finding my own way in life.
New Mewtwo: Protect all the Pokemon, humans bad!

yuushibu 3

this show really is way better animated than it has any right to be. And I'm all for the consistency of naked demon girl waking up at the start of each episode.

still tons of lewd. this time from a lewd a/c unit!

lwdd.jpg

stuff.jpg

climatic end.

Andrew J.

Wow, looks very cool! Okamura <3

-----Reposting for top of page---

Sekai Seifuku - Bouryaku no Zvezda (World Conquest - Star of Stratagem)

Director: Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist)
Series Composition: Meteo Hoshizora (Type-Moon), Tensai Okamura (Darker than Black, Blue Exorcist)
Original Character Design: Kouhaku Kuroboshi (Kino's Journey)
Animation Character Design: Keigo Sasaki (Blue Exorcist)
Music: Tatsuya Katou (Free)
Animation Production: A-1 Pictures

HXH8Eaz.jpg

Does that skeleton have a bone moustache?

Count me in.

CorvoSol

Why use Mewtwo at all, then, if not to cater to the parents who can enjoy that?

Yeah I admit I should've probably known that before watching this film, but even with this knowledge the new Mewtwo is an insult to the previous one. This one can mega-evolve at will but apparently still gets her ass kicked constantly. Ignoring the obvious retcon of Ash-and-crew's memories new Mewtwo's backstory/origin is never gone in-depth and her motivations/point-of-view is damn annoying.

Old Mewtwo: I'm finding my own way in life.
New Mewtwo: Protect all the Pokemon, humans bad!

FYI, there is a special episode that acts as a prologue to this movie that dub viewers will probably never see.

Nothing from that sequence was necessary, but they still went forward with the idea.

I'm holding unto hope that the whole "giving up to be a hero" and "humans vs demons" plot points expand throughout the season. So far they seem to continue expanding. Also doesn't seem like this'll be much of a harem either.

Acosta

Log Horizon Ep 2

This is getting better and better, loving this (being a MMO player myself helps). The main character is really good and the companions from a great cast. The world looks interesting too and I liked how the combat involved a neat strategy,

Please, don't let it go to shit like SAO.

Gazoinks

White Album 2 3

Unless this show goes way off the rails, this is probably my third favorite of the season (unless Samurai Flamenco turns out awesome). I really like the sort of low-key naturalist feel the show has, something that's annoyingly rare in this genre. There are funny bits, but no forced slapstick comedy. The characters have chemistry with each other, and they reveal character traits through their actions (Touma's "You don't take your coffee black?" was great) instead of through flashbacks and monologues.

And I will get down on my knees again and sing praises in honor of Kitahara not being a loser. You can actually see why the girls might fall for him, because he's a good guy with redeeming traits! Also preachy but whatever!

I'm watching because the animation is TOO good. And the plot isn't horrible like KnK. The fanservice does get a bit overblown, but im willing to forgive if the animation and plot keep being decent.

BluWacky

Why use Mewtwo at all, then, if not to cater to the parents who can enjoy that?

Mewtwo's still in the games, right? He's super-rare, super powerful, and they ran a big tie-in event over the summer where you could catch him/her in the most recent games if you pre-booked a ticket to the film. It's good for marketing to use a rare character like that.

What?! So do you want it to go this route or not?
Episode 3 was fun enough that through the second half of the episode, I didn't mind the downgrades they made this season. Also the reward the girls were being offered was enough that even in S1 they might have acted like this... that part was different from the many stupid "and then one of the girls hits Ichika" things they've added into this season (and which, again, in S1, only China ever did).

My take, IS 2 - 3 was one of the worst episodes of anything I have ever seen
Yeah, no. Even ignoring everything else, it's better than episodes 1 or 2 of IS S2, and it's better than ep. 11 of S1 as well...

CorvoSol

Mewtwo's still in the games, right? He's super-rare, super powerful, and they ran a big tie-in event over the summer where you could catch him/her in the most recent games if you pre-booked a ticket to the film. It's good for marketing to use a rare character like that.

Then why didn't they use that same rare character?

Done, I'm done watching this, my brother is watching this shit in the background I don't care, I've heard all I needed to.

Ash, Jesse, James, Pikachu, and Meowth know NOTHING about the Mewtwo from previous films, specifically that of Mewtwo Returns where their memories are not wiped out. This new Mewtwo apparently just has the origin of "being created by humans" but doesn't go further than that.

Basically it's a fucking retcon. Old Mewtwo is gone replaced by this female Mewtwo acts like an overprotective mother around Pokemon and fails at it. Damn I'm pissed atm. Fuck this movie and fuck the Pokemon anime.

Genesect movie is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIT

Emitan

Kill la Kill 3
sf1Elso.png

Haha but no seriously I loved this episode. That fight scene was basically everything I love in anime fight scenes taken to 11. Each impact is aided with the visuals so that the viewer can really feel it. Two people are fighting who could level a city block without breaking a sweat. It's just amazing.

Log Horizon - 01

This episode was fun, really feeling the MMO vibes here to which SAO didn't have.
Laughed when during the end of the episode where they tried to fight and their command screen got in the way.
However the OP and ED isn't really doing it for me and I wonder how they're going to take the death-in-game theme, or even if that is an important factor like it was in SAO.

Gazoinks

Log Horizon - 01

This episode was fun, really feeling the MMO vibes here to which SAO didn't have.
Laughed when during the end of the episode where they tried to fight and their command screen got in the way.
However the OP and ED isn't really doing it for me and I wonder how they're going to take the death-in-game theme, or even if that is an important factor like it was in SAO.

Keep watching. :p

I'm not a huge fan of the OP, but I find the "Living in the database" part annoyingly catchy.

cajunator

Banned
Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 01

Caution, this anime contains...

Also a goth loli batgirl. A quality show.

I really need to see this ASAP.

A reminder to all who may forget - this is a Shoji Kawamori show! Expect weirdness!

Ok I MUST see some of this!

yuushibu 3

this show really is way better animated than it has any right to be. And I'm all for the consistency of naked demon girl waking up at the start of each episode.

still tons of lewd. this time from a lewd a/c unit!

lwdd.jpg

stuff.jpg

climatic end.

Shes pretty cute. So is this like Maou sama?

Keep watching. :p

I'm not a huge fan of the OP, but I find the "Living in the database" part annoyingly catchy.

It sucks that while Angel Beats! has a great OP and decent ED the show sucks (imo) and while this show is good so far its OP and ED are... meh (ED is a lil bit better)

What a huge missed opportunity. They really couldn't have thought to sneak in a line at least REFERENCING Mewtwo Returns?

Man, I remembered when I used to really look forward to the next Pokémon movie. The last good one I remember watching IMO was the Arceus one. It was pretty much battle of the Pokegods.

Gazoinks

It sucks that while Angel Beats! has a great OP and decent ED the show sucks (imo) and while this show is good so far its OP and ED are... meh (ED is a lil bit better)

This hasn't really been a great season of OPs for me so far. The only one I've really liked so far is Kyousougiga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom