• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
log horizon is great.

lg1.jpg

Metrotab

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata - 3

I'm only sticking with this show because of the literature club senpai. She, and the christmas cakes, are the only good thing about this show.

I do like the visual aspects of this show though. Very stunning design, similar to Hyouka.

Branduil

Kill la Kill 3

I think it's time to accept I don't like Imaishi's direction and I never will. Dumb show with dumb characters; complete waste of Trigger's talent; horrific CGI abominations.

Midonin

Doki Doki! Precure 37

This episode brought to you by the carrot lobby and the department of Bandai that really wants kids to ask for a Lovely iPad this Christmas, which is all of them. It's these kinds of episodes that remind me what I am watching is a kids' show, no matter how much yuri subtext I read into it. Not that it'll stop me from reading yuri subtext. Or hearing Koto whenever Aguri speaks. It was a fine episode of Precure, and the carrot guy is going to be loved by pixiv for his sheer insanity (he names his carrots? That's quite hotblooded.) But next week and the preview were the most interesting part.

Ai in sunglasses, and hopefully the return of Regina soon. Mana's second wife needs to return to the stage!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Kill la Kill 3

I think it's time to accept I don't like Imaishi's direction and I never will. Dumb show with dumb characters; complete waste of Trigger's talent; horrific CGI abominations.
But if Trigger's talent is Imaishi, how would he not be wasted?

Metrotab

Banned
Kill la Kill - 3

The fanservice shots ARE the combat mechanics! Genius!

I don't really like the show though. The one thing that it's got is the sympathetic protagonist, who I really wanna see beating up the insufferable Student Council president.

Very tiring show to follow too, with all the shouting, high velocity action scenes and incredibly quick exposition.

Nafe

Infinite Stratos 2

Episode 3

jSD9Z5ErIyKsL.jpg

You got so close to the knife end Laura. Next time.

That was kind of fun. Leave it to Infinite Stratos to take Cinderella and turn it into that,haha. It might be my favorite interpretation of the story,haha. Cinderella as a sniper and knife wielding combat princess? Sure, why not! haha. Tatenashi and her messing with everyone has been pretty fun too. It might be a toss up between her and Laura for me.

The show obviously has that need to take situations and turn them into silly harem scenarios though. Did Houki really have to climb up that ladder first? Ichika hiding in the bathroom reminded me of the scene from the first season where he was in the room with
Charlotte
. They decided to get changed but just turn around. The bathroom is its own closed off room within the room so logically you would just take turns getting dressed there instead. Obviously you can't have any contrived harem hijinks that way though,haha.

I noticed that not only has A Black Falcon returned to post in the thread but so has mAcOdIn. Even Lafiel watched and commented on Infinite Stratos!
It's because it's just a pretty good season overall with many shows to talk about? Nonsense! It's clearly the power of Infinite Stratos and it being AnimeGaf's "favorite" show. ;p

jbc46lmZMHLkVP.jpg

Oh yeah, this girls name who I forget also has that Irisu like hair style too.

cajunator

Banned
I really hope that old guy gets turned into a fine paste in a future episode.

fun things are fun!

Golden Time's ED is best

~OH SWEET~
~AND SWEET~
~CHERRY~

yes indeed!!

It's to Maou-sama what Dakara Boku Wa was to High School DxD: A bad clone. But not really, because it's actually quite different on one hand while aping the superior show much more closely on the other. Even the title card in every episode is pretty much a rip-off. Still, Fino is pretty cute I guess. Also, unusual for an ecchi harem show, Fino doesn't punch the main character when he sees her boobs.

Hmmm. That doesnt sound great now. At least I can squee at the girl I guess.

Kill la Kill 3

Waste of Trigger's talent based on the only other serious work they've done?

Imaishi is a hell of a lot more important to Trigger than Yoshinari is in the same way Kamiya is more important to Platinum than Yamanaka. Don't have to bring the whole studio down based on preference.

Took 15 hours cleaning and rearranging my entire room just to fit in a new queen sized bed.

Next time I'm getting my roommate to help me out.

I usually ignore International Saimoe, so I missed Kurumi winning the tournament for spring 2013 shows a few weeks back. Best part is, she trampled on Yoshino and Kotori (in that order) to get there.

Right click, Save as.

Thank you very much.

Pokemon Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened - FUCK IT FUCK IT FUCK IT!

Done, I'm done watching this, my brother is watching this shit in the background I don't care, I've heard all I needed to.

Ash, Jesse, James, Pikachu, and Meowth know NOTHING about the Mewtwo from previous films, specifically that of Mewtwo Returns where their memories are not wiped out. This new Mewtwo apparently just has the origin of "being created by humans" but doesn't go further than that.

Basically it's a fucking retcon. Old Mewtwo is gone replaced by this female Mewtwo acts like an overprotective mother around Pokemon and fails at it. Damn I'm pissed atm. Fuck this movie and fuck the Pokemon anime.

NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE

I actually re-watched the entire turd after having the same mentality as "They retcon Mewtwo? FUCK this movie!" and noticed that just as Lady Mewtwo saves Ash and co the first time, Ash actually says "Hold on, you're...".

Now I know this is the dub and all, but at least for an instant its implied Ash recognized Mewtwo.

And If I had to review the movie it would basically amount to this.

Genesect movie is shit. SHIIIIIIIIIIT

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE

I actually re-watched the entire turd after having the same mentality as "They retcon Mewtwo? FUCK this movie!" and noticed that just as Lady Mewtwo saves Ash and co the first time, Ash actually says "Hold on, you're...".

Now I know this is the dub and all, but at least for an instant its implied Ash recognized Mewtwo.

And If I had to review the movie it would basically amount to this.

SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

I don't recall that scene but I'll take your word for it, however, it does not excuse the fact that for the rest of the movie Ash doesn't view Mewtwo as anything more than a new pokemon he just met.

Polar Bear Cafe 1

Took a bit to get going, but once Panda started looking for part time jobs, it started getting funny. The puns might be something that'll whoosh over my head because language and what not, but I'm willing to embrace Panda's shameless nature.

And at the end, they started selling Bamboo and Bamboo Accessories cuz of Panda ;-;

Metrotab

Banned
Spice and Wolf - 6

Man, there's a lot of blood magic in the anime I watch today.

And Lawrence is pretty damn sturdy for being a merchant.

Polar Bear Cafe 1

Took a bit to get going, but once Panda started looking for part time jobs, it started getting funny. The puns might be something that'll whoosh over my head because language and what not, but I'm willing to embrace Panda's shameless nature.

And at the end, they started selling Bamboo and Bamboo Accessories cuz of Panda ;-;

I would follow that Panda to hell and back I would.

Gazoinks

Yes, yes, more for Polar Bear Cafe... excellent.

On the subject of puns: I like that they opted for basically directly translating them and then putting the original Japanese in parentheses to make the pun actually make sense. Better than trying to come up with another pun or just leaving it nonsensical.

Bleach 51 - 54
tumblr_muy00gCaxT1qbxqfpo1_500.png

Ending theme is so different than it is on the dvds, could have thought it wasnt just scrolling text and the visuals on a box on the side, wonder why they did that (just the ending theme and preview and no guide to soul reapers etc :( ). Anyway best moment of the arc and best fight incoming, when Ichigo was up there and Number One played, why cant the current manga arc bring these similar feelings of epic intensity and hype.

Maybe I should watch Polar Bear Cafe.

On the subject of puns: I like that they opted for basically directly translating them and then putting the original Japanese in parentheses to make the pun actually make sense. Better than trying to come up with another pun or just leaving it nonsensical.

Ugh, maybe not.

Well the puns are generally visualized as well, so it's not like they have a choice.

Gazoinks

Well the puns are generally visualized as well, so it's not like they have a choice.

Yeah, pretty much. I was just thinking about that because I've seen some translations that render that sort of stuff nonsensical, so I'm glad they attempted to explain it.

White Album 2 03

All I want to do is watch more White Album 2.

Anything similar to this in terms of story + animation quality?

Well there's White Album 1 but I hear it sucks. :p I'm not really an expert on school romance, but I'm sure people can give plenty of recommendations.

Theonik

Takane no Jidensha
This was pretty cray I really liked it warts and all. Tanookis to the rescue~

Boku wa Imouto ni Koi wo Suru
My sides. Holy shit. Basically a shoujo incest show. If people freak out about SAO or Oreimo I wonder what some people here would thing about this one. hahaha
Sadly no nice boats were had though which was sad.

Bannou Bunka Neko-Musume TV 01
You don't get many shows these days about taking over the world by making sure effective mecha washing machines :(
Song guy was another highlight.

Metrotab

Banned
Legend of the Galactic Heroes: The Silver-White Valley - Kapitel III

~ I wonder if there's a way to take advantage of this situation? ~

GNU/Linux saves the day!

That was a really nice bait-and-switch by Reinhard. One mission in and he's already a hero!

Ace of the Diamond Episode 3
tumblr_muy1juMxld1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The first 13 minutes were absolutely hilarious, hadnt laughed that much in awhile all week so far. This works really well as a good comedy and more roommate antics + Miyuki would certainly be welcomed.

But so intense later with the strict coach. Easily, the strictest coach of a lead characters team in the series Ive watched so far. At least hes well meaning, but he doesnt need to stick to the promise so hard. It kind of does set it apart from other sports series.

Polar Bear Cafe 2

We fantasize about what our dream cafes would be like... I like the Penguin Cafe the best. Not because of me loving penguins, but the fact that I would totally eat whatever's on the menu, although this would probably be an expensive place to get food. Llama Cafe though.... some strange implications with that one.
I like how no one gave a fuck about the Sasako Cafe and immediately started wondering if their are Sasako's of their race

Drunk Penguins though, it would be too early for me to say I've seen everything. Nevermind the lack of fucks being given during the second half of this episode. Hell, even before getting drunk, Llama just didn't give a shit about Mr. Penguin's love life. The second episode did well to sustain me.
Go get that penguin! That poem will knock her socks off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom