• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

I've thoroughly enjoyed every work Imaishi has directed with the exception of Dead Leaves so there! :p

Imaishi Defense force assmble!

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I would suggest Samumenco instead. Kill la Kill has stumbled constantly and consistently and struggles with finding what it wants to be while suffering from several elementary level writing mistakes. Id suggest approaching it cautiously.

Now if the characters had dicks this post would be the complete opposite of what it is right now.

cnet128

Banned
So I just watched Kill la Kill and uhm. What the fuck was that about.

In a word: awesome.

In two words: lewd awesome.

Now if the characters had dicks this post would be the complete opposite of what it is right now.

Not quite. The tone would be largely the opposite, but he would still be complaining about elementary writing mistakes. DTL can't stand his protagonists losing regardless of what gender they are.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seriously, the only reason BRS was so enjoyable was because of the direction. Take that away, and you get Sasami: Magical Girls Club.

I personally can't stand Haruhi, but love Hyouka. Because the whole theme is senpai not noticing.

Toonami just had a FLCL ad. Ah man fucking memories. Watching Adult Swim as a 14 year old. Discovering FLCL. Getting awkward boners.

He specializes in being loud and extreme, which is what Nichijou likes to do.

Isn't that like 90% of anime humor though? Being loud and extreme?

Like 70% of say Gintama, which is one of the most beloved comedies in anime, is the joke/reaction routine of screaming what's happening.

If you don't like Nichijou that's fine, but calling it out on a common anime trope is a tad unfair.

This is one catty Saturday.

Man takes on his dream of becoming an astronaut since his little brother beat him to the punch, fantastic things ensue, also there's a pug in it. Go watch it.

Sold.

duckroll

Arguing about whether one anime is better than another is like arguing whether one type of fried chicken is healthier than another. Or maybe soda brands. Lol.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Isn't that like 90% of anime humor though? Being loud and extreme?
Not entitely, no.

Like 70% of say Gintama, which is one of the most beloved comedies in anime, is the joke/reaction routine of screaming what's happening.
Sounds like Gintama is overrated.

If you don't like Nichijou that's fine, but calling it out on a common anime trope is a tad unfair.
It is entirely fair, because while many skits in Nichijou work, the ones that don't all share the same comedic failing. Pedestrian jokes don't become gold just because you turn it up to 11.

cnet128

Banned
He specializes in being loud and extreme, which is what Nichijou likes to do.

Loud and extreme as humour is difficult to pull off well.

Nichijou does so wonderfully, by mixing in various ingredients such as well-conceived absurdity, high-concept sketches, adorableness, feelgood friendship and so forth in just the right quantities, then wrapping it all up in a glorious package of beautiful sakuga.

Arguing about whether one anime is better than another is like arguing whether one type of fried chicken is healthier than another. Or maybe soda brands. Lol.

Well. Coke-chan is better than Pepsi-kun, that's common knowledge.

Not entitely, no.
Sounds like Gintama is overrated.
It is entirely fair, because while many skits in Nichijou work, the ones that don't all share the same comedic failing. Pedestrian jokes don't become gold just because you turn it up to 11.

Just for the sake of argument what do you consider good anime humor? To clarify I'm not trying to pick a fight, I'm curious if there's an anime style of comedy I've missed besides the screaming, the straight man routine, and the "so random it's funny".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom