• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Non Non Biyori - 02

fWOhMGy.png
LPbftg1.png

PxpbsKn.png
GuEsP6v.png

Hotaru x Koma for life!!!!

Soooooo much better than its premier episode. Better flow, better gags, and most importantly... YURI. Definitely on board now.

Nafe

Does anyone know when Gothicmade comes out on bluray?

You mentioned that you got some of the manga volumes to Five Star Stories, did you ever watch the movie?

Actually, this reminds me now about when is the Hanasaku Iroha movie coming to BD/DVD.

Anyway, final day of Jeff's exciting trip to SLA which most of you will skim past.

Final ranking:
Patema > Yoyo = Garden of Words > Aura = Fuse > Steins;Gate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Evangelion 3.0

Congratulations for anyone that bothered to read any or all of that shit.

Edit: Final, final point of order. Patema won the viewers choice awards for the weekend with supposedly Fuse being just a bit behind. Considering it was remarked that the audience was a fifty-fifty split of men and woman, it's interesting to that one film is more predominantly for males and the other for female when they share a few elements of theme in common.

I read most of it. I looked to see more what you had to say about the movies I'm interested in seeing or had seen. Of the two movies I have seen I have to say I quite like Garden of Words and it might be my favorite Shinkai film. As far as an AOTY vote I'd say it will rank quite high for me.

The other movie I've seen of those is Evangelion 3.0. I'd have to agree with yourself and many others that it was a let down at least upon an initial viewing of it. Later after 4.0 comes out I suppose I'll watch it again and see how it compares or works with the Rebuild movie series as a whole.

Aristotle isn't the only take on tragedy, but even then, Makoto starts as an entirely upstanding and unassuming young man who simply has trouble getting into the dating scene, but when he finally does he finds himself unable to stop.

Makoto was maybe unassuming but I don't really recall him being shown as upstanding even from the beginning. If so, then that point is dashed pretty quickly.

Thinking back to the first episode and the, "if you take a picture of someone with your cellphone and no one sees it for three days you'll be together", thing made me wonder how that stuff even happens. I always thought that was dumb. Who makes up, or better yet, believes in that? It sounds more like some legend from feudal times but obviously there were no cellphones then. Just always thought that kind of urban legend thing was silly.

Articalys

Machine-Doll ep.3

Admittedly I got impatient and read ahead a bit in the manga for this arc, and the show hasn't made me lose complete interest yet, so I'll see how they do next week and make my final call after that.

Arpeggio ep.3

Ahahaha what the hell at that
Takao fantasy scene
... that felt really out of place.
CG is still kinda jarring but not bad enough for a drop yet.

Bombless

Arpeggio of Blue Steel 3

Okay episode. After 2 action centered episodes, a bit of world exposition doesn't hurt. Next one should be good. Fightoooo!

Edit :
Arpeggio ep.3

Ahahaha what the hell at that
Takao fantasy scene
... that felt really out of place.
CG is still kinda jarring but not bad enough for a drop yet.

Well, thinking about what tactics her captain would make her go through...it's enough to make a weapon girl all flushed!

Gazoinks

I mean, I loved it for how unbelievable it was, but it was unbelievable. I usually sit quiet while I watch anything, but this was too much, I must have said WTF at least 4 times.

Yeah, Kyousougiga 00 is like if someone took all of the symbolism out of FLCL and crossbred it with Alice In Wonderland.

Machine Doll wa Kizutsukanai 3

Well,
I called it

Also, upon comparing Yaya and Shouko for myself, I have come to the conclusion that Raishin must be mentally unstable. It's the only explanation for how he is able to consider the latter to be more attractive than the former.
Living human > Machine Doll

Not taking anything away from Yaya's cuteness, but it's not surprising why he's been rejecting her advances.
The guy outright said in this episode that he thinks of Machine Dolls as human. That's no excuse.

And it's clear that's not what he's basing his judgement on either way. After all, he also thinks Shouko is more attractive than Charlotte. I reiterate: he's crazy.

The answer to this is simple: Raishin is a harem series protagonist, so he cannot be allowed to choose a girl for good. I mean, if he actually did make Yaya his girlfriend, there's no way any of the others would have any kind of a chance anymore, not with how possessive Yaya is! So, he must be uninterested in her, because it keeps the series going with the relationship element pretty much locked in stasis, while the rest of the plot moves forward and more girls gradually get added to the harem over time.

If Raishin was allowed to like Yaya, none of that would be possible, and they'd have to actually, I don't know, come up with an actual plot on the relationship side of things in addition to the tragic-drama side of things that the main plots of each arc generally focus on. And we can't have THAT, surely! Lots of tragedy is okay, but actually moving forward teh central relationship? Hah, no.

It's just generic bad anime writing illogic, mostly.

Now, of course it's fair for Raishin to not like Yaya; I'm not saying that he must love her. But by having her intensely love him, to a yandere degree, while he doesn't show much interest but doesn't completely dissuade her either, does a good job of keeping the relationship plot locked up long-term, which is, I'm sure, why it was written that way.

Also, if he was to have a relationship with his machine doll people would probably look at him even more askance than they already do... but I doubt that'd be a reason for him not to do that if he really wanted to. Finally though, Yaya's great, but Char is probably best girl, (minor spoiler for later in the series)
even if she does some questionable things sometimes.

jediyoshi

Could you explain for those that can't be arsed to watch it?

The first episode was a lot more chill. Lots of shots of the scenery with relaxing soundtrack, characters walking through it, laid back dialogue, waxing poetic about the country side. Ep 2, with a chunk of it actually set in school, was a lot more of the prototypical cute girls doing cute things.

yowamushi pdeal - 03

He really needed to join the bicycle club this episode.

I don't think it makes sense for Onada to join the bicycle club just yet. When he's been so set on restarting the anime club, and so apprehensive of athletic clubs, it's going to take more than one race to make him change his mind.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
It's sad to read people like this turn of direction for the series.

Sucks to be you I guess?

While the first episode had impressive visuals, it felt really, really slow. I for one am glad they picked up the pace and took a different approach with it.

wonzo

Banned
The first episode was a lot more chill. Lots of shots of the scenery with relaxing soundtrack, characters walking through it, laid back dialogue, waxing poetic about the country side. Ep 2, with a chunk of it actually set in school, was a lot more of the prototypical cute girls doing cute things.
Sounds like it devolved into the usual unsubstantive pile of pandering dreck for the usual anime fan and their complete lack of standards. rip

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sucks to be you I guess?

While the first episode had impressive visuals, it felt really, really slow. I for one am glad they picked up the pace and took a different approach with it.
But it's the same approach as everything else in existence.

I had steak subs for dinner, so it was appropriate to watch...

Motto! Ojamajo Doremi 36

Picky people everywhere! And a recurring element of having one of the main characters hate a certain type of vegetable which will relate to how they get Hana to eat something. Although Hazuki had it easy in comparison to Onpu, who might as well nearly died from eating green peppers. That's how much Onpu hates green peppers.

I don't get how green peppers get so much hate though, even if green peppers aren't relevant to this particular episode.

Love Lab 13

Serious drama still isn't the strongest point of this series, but it worked better here than the drama moments of earlier episodes because we've had more time to grow attached to the characters and because it was a personal relationship issue instead of the school being overly strict. The final confession was cathartic, and I'm glad things resolved in a natural way afterwards, reaffirming the bonds of friendship which have been at the heart of Love Lab, instead of the characters being stupid about it. The show went out on a good note that felt conclusive in a way, which is always a difficult thing to find for slice-of-life 4koma adaptations, so I have to give some praise to the scriptwriter there.

In summary, despite the couple duller stretches, the cast and the comedy are gold and the overall pacing engaging, which made this a very worthwhile watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom