• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

Fate/Zero 19

The feels! The feels are coming!

Really well done flashbacks here showing how Kiritsugu became the way he is. I liked how they tied the possibly unnecessary killing of Natalia into his failure to kill Shirley, it felt really cohesive. Also depressing. Like really depressing. Poor guy.

Fate/Zero 19

Really well done flashbacks here showing how Kiritsugu became the way he is. I liked how they tied the possibly unnecessary killing of Natalia into his failure to kill Shirley, it felt really cohesive. Also depressing. Like really depressing. Poor guy.

Japanese Batman. Is best protagonist.

jbug617

Banned
Yowamushi Pedal 3

Man I was rooting for Onoda so hard. Especially when he looked at Imaizumi and
said he had no friends
. Seems like the leader of the bicycle in impressed and the final scene with
Onoda giving Imaizumi the anime was funny.
Good watch.

Articalys

It seems that the most recent issue of Afternoon magazine, out this week, is teasing news about a "top-secret project" for Mushishi. Sound like it'll be revealed alongside a special volume release in late November.

wonzo

Banned
Gingitsune 3

gingitsune3.jpg

I was expecting a more Gintaro centric episode than what we got but it still did a really good job of fleshing him out as a character. Can't wait for next weeks episode.

Soma

Fate/Zero 19

I remember watching this episode on Mother's Day while it was airing.

I still find that morbidly amusing.

wonzo

Banned
It seems that the most recent issue of Afternoon magazine, out this week, is teasing news about a "top-secret project" for Mushishi. Sound like it'll be revealed alongside a special volume release in late November.
Watch it be another Live Action film. :(

Gazoinks

Fate/Zero 20

Urobutcher gotta keep up his kills quota. For a character who didn't receive that much development, her death was pretty sad. Especially seeing Kiritsugu show some real emotion again.

In other news, Rider and Waver's talk in the woods was awesome and Kariya's father is evil incarnate.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 52

I remember this episode scaring the shit out of me back when I was a kid, because Piedmon basically kills almost all of the digidegined throughout this episode. Well, okay, he turns them into keychains, but it's the same thing more or less. Maybe scarier.

So I watched Lamune. Shitty animation, below average dialogue, but the calm slice of life nature won me over. Plus the two leads were cute.

But jesus did it get depressing in the last episode
I thought he'd never wake up and was tearing up the whole episode

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 53

"I am the ultimate evil, complete with hot and cold running water!"

[camera pans up body, focusing on pulsating pipes stuffed into crotch]
"Are you repulsed by my appearance?"

"Do you think it's fair I should have to live with all this agony? Why do you get to laugh while I must cry? Why do you get to taste the best life has to offer while I have to choke on its leftovers? WHY DO YOU ALL GET THE PIZZA, WHILE I GET THE CRUSTS?"
"AAAH I CAN'T TAKE ALL THESE METAPHORS!"

"I will rule the world and plunge it into darkness, so I don't have to be alone anymore in my misery! Ahahahahah! HAHAHAHAHA - Wait, why am I laughing for? I'm supposed to be depressed!"

"He destroyed our tags and crests!"
"I hope you learned your lesson! ALWAYS SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! The warranty was probably still good on those things!"

The dubbing crew really had a blast on this episode. Apocalymon went full HAM

Gazoinks

Fate/Zero 21

ggggggg. The first half of this episode was awesome, the second was EARTH-SHAKINGLY DEPRESSING. Kariya didn't deserve any of this stuff, his fatal flaw was being kind! And the woman he loves tells him to his face he doesn't love anyone and then brutal strangling and aaaaaaargh. The strangling scene was just painful. You keep expecting a cutaway or something and it never comes. aaaaaargh.

Well played Urobutcher. Well played.

Jintor

Oh yeah, the second half of this episode is a clip show.

Lol Matt.

"You don't have to say anything"
"Remember that time...?"
"I know."
"And then that other time..."
"Yep."
"And then there was that time..."
"Didn't you hear me the first time?"

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 54 -END-

And the digidestined pulled a last minute superpower out of their collective asses to contain a giant universe-destroying explosion and all was good. The end.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Thing is, there is surely a market for anime inspired items for the business men and women of Japan (and the rest of the world via imports).

Not everyone wants to buy a tshirt with an anime design on it, but a ie can look rather smart.

Thing is here they fluffed it up by just making the tie design itself a boring set of stripes and the anime part is hidden completely. Surely they could have come up with a pattern inspired by Madoka, maybe the grief seed tiled.

Just feels like a wasted opportunity.

Fate/Zero 21

ggggggg. The first half of this episode was awesome, the second was EARTH-SHAKINGLY DEPRESSING. Kariya didn't deserve any of this stuff, his fatal flaw was being kind! And the woman he loves tells him to his face he doesn't love anyone and then brutal strangling and aaaaaaargh. The strangling scene was just painful. You keep expecting a cutaway or something and it never comes. aaaaaargh.

Well played Urobutcher. Well played.

Yep. Fantastic job at making you feel bad at just about everyone besides maybe 2-5 characters. One of the few anime it's hard to know who to root for since you like so many characters.

If you really like this and haven't heard, Ufotable is making a FSN season that follows what many consider the "true ending" of the visual novel, and it's probably the most grim-dark as well. To the feels-copter!

Also they have other fantastic works if you haven't seen them. One particular anime of theirs I liked was one I wasn't expecting to be that good. It deals with a detective and his two high school assistants who are in love with him. Very sweet story tbh.

Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta 3

I don't remember if this was explained in the manga, but one thing with the other dimension that always seemed odd to me is apparently youkai are born in the main world, yet I don't think that's been outright stated yet. I'm sure the reason for these anomalies will be explained eventually, but it really reeks of one of the main premises being underdeveloped to me, which is odd considering it's kind of convoluted as it is. It's the same with how no one apparently knows what the other world is like, yet there's an entire system set in place to send youkai back there.

Anyway, nice that we're back to manga material, since I've forgotten virtually everything that happens at this point in the story. Hopefully we get to some of the cooler action scenes. We already know Lila is in (which is what's most important), but I hope they don't skip over Shidou's badassery.

Gazoinks

Yep. Fantastic job at making you feel bad at just about everyone besides maybe 2-5 characters. One of the few anime it's hard to know who to root for since you like so many characters.

If you really like this and haven't heard, Ufotable is making a FSN season that follows what many consider the "true ending" of the visual novel, and it's probably the most grim-dark as well. To the feels-copter!

Also they have other fantastic works if you haven't seen them. One particular anime of theirs I liked was one I wasn't expecting to be that good. It deals with a detective and his two high school assistants who are in love with him. Very sweet story tbh.

Yeah, the characterization is really impressive in that "EVERYONE IS AN ASSHOLE" way, without being overbearing because everyone is also likable. Except Archer and Zoukan.

Oh, that's good to hear. I want more of this universe, but I know F/SN apparently sucks, so I'd be glad to see Ufotable handle it again.

What's the title of that one? It sounds nice. I was thinking of checking out Garden of Sinners sometime, sounds interesting and I like the way it's set up in movies. Don't think I know of any of their other works.

Jintor

Digimon Adventures 02 - 01

Huh. I forgot that despite Geni being all "THE PORTAL WILL NEVER OPEN AGAIN" Tai basically just jumps into the digital world the moment his digivice activates.

Guess they never address that

/edit also apparently everybody forgot about the whole digital world in the sky thing and the kids who went into a beam of light with their monsters and saved everything. Though probably not too many people really noticed

/edit First apperance of the show's fucking awesome dub punk soundtrack. Unfortunately something is super off about the tone because it is WHAMMY-BARRING ALL OVER THE PLACE

Gazoinks

Feels detox feels detox

Polar Bear Cafe 5

"Next time Polar Bear's Cafe, will... Be presented in Portuguese."

Rintarou is kind of lovably creepy. And Panda can be a hard worker when he puts his mind to it!

Oh man those parfaits looked really good. Best moment of second half:
rha4GMP.jpg

"It'll be intense!"

This episode made me hungry.

And now sleep.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Still waiting for the penny to drop and for all the new comers to realise that Panda is a Jeremy.

Penguin-kun > Panda.

Westlo

Kuroko No Basket - Episode 14

They really were giving this Momoi person quite the camera angles at the pool. Also the new guy seems awesome. He's so strong he skips practices, and even games and is still good. Can't wait to see him play.

Aomine the beast, show would be 10x better if he was the main character.

I... I don't think Gurren Lagann's soundtrack is that good.
At least not for the purpose of re-experiencing the show itself.

Edit: Fuck, it does have some amazing tracks. My hate for rowrowfitedapowa is clouding my judgement.

Good to see you come to your sense, even if you despise rowrow you can't hate on shit like....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JE4Em9bSIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvt3NW97Rko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E8wHTX5nac

Kill la Kills score otoh :(

Hopefully Noragami is more good shit from based Iwasaki.

Articalys

The Hanasaku Iroha movie sold about 11,600 in its first week, plus probably a bit more from presales at the Bonbori Festival on the 12th that won't be listed in Oricon. For comparison, the series average was about 8,500 across nine volumes.

Not a whole lot else of real interest; full list from something in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom