• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Sailor Moon started as a popular manga. It's one thing to make merchandise to take advantage of how popular something is, and another to make something primarily to sell toys.

I pretty much see them as almost the same thing, just with different reasons for popularity. Same marketing outcome. Again, its not a BAD thing.

CR is pretty reliant on what hardware you have too.

On my shitty old PC with my 10 Mbit internet connection I couldn't even touch 1080p. 720p was a struggle.

On my new PC with the exact same connection I can stream 1080p without any issue at all.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
A quick trawl through the archives suggests that the timeslot was previously occupied by Ashita no Nadja and the Doremi franchise before PreCure took over - not a totally ridiculous fit given the history of said shows.

(and before that, apparently, it was Yume no Crayon Oukoku - anyone ever seen it? I have no idea what it's about)

Sailor Moon's old timeslot was Saturday nights at 7pm, incidentally, which is now used for variety shows; the last anime to air there was, I believe, Bobobo back in 2003/04.

Nadja? I'm surprised; were there actually toy lines for that?

e: welp.

cajunator

Banned
Wooo Happy Birthday!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Here she is in all her hnnng glory
c6XpBvB.jpg

Joe Molotov

Speaking of Nadja, if you have a spare moment and don't mind being spoiled you should read the Wikipedia episode synopses. They're certainly linguistically idiosyncratic.

Nadja's reverie at seeing Francis's prosecution of his equestrian exhibition rehearsal along with the opulence of the mansion is promptly shattered upon Granny Anna being commissioned for an impromptu customization job that requires Nadja to return to the Troupe by herself not realizing that such is far easier contemplated and conversed than actually conducted!!!

....wat?

From that website:

Cowboy Bebop is too overrated around these parts. By simple comparisons with modern, high-quality shows, I can easily prove that it's an inferior anime from back when the standards for what was considered good anime were much lower. It pales in comparison to BRS TV, for example. In terms of animation, the latter is much more compelling because of the use of advanced CG techniques that make the show much more immersive. BRS is also superior because of its setting, a middle-school. Because of it, we're faced with relatable situations and touching moments - things that Cowboy Bebop lacks. Besides, BRS TV has a Vocaloid OP, and Cowboy Bebop doesn't.

giphy.gif

Please tell those posts aren't real....the one about the little kon girl too 0_0

You know Japan, it'd be nice if you wrote romance into a manga/novel/anime where the biggest obstacle wasn't that the guy is dense as shit. I mean what kind of teenager doesn't want to bang everything that moves?

I understand guys are dense at many times, but when girls are as obvious as they are in anime even the densest of guys would get it. Fucking IS. And now Tokyo Ravens. And to a lesser degree because he was a badass, Toaru Majutsu No Index.

edit: in other news it looks like Golden Time has become quite popular. Episode 3 is second in most watched in the site I visit. Right behind Avatar.

Syrinx

About Sailor Moon, one thing that kinda concerns me is that they've shown off a fair amount of toy shit for the show already, but we haven't seen any actual footage of the show. I get that this is kind of a unique case where they could do something like this since it's a reboot and all and people already recognize the stuff, but I'd still like to see something, considering it's supposed to start not all that far from now.

Also if they're going to capitalize on the brand to make money and release a bunch of things to promote the show, then they should release the complete original series on blu-ray already. I don't care what I'd have to do to get my hands on that. I'd do it so damn hard. Maybe even twice.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know Japan, it'd be nice if you wrote romance into a manga/novel/anime where the biggest obstacle wasn't that the guy is dense as shit. I mean what kind of teenager doesn't want to bang everything that moves?

I understand guys are dense at many times, but when girls are as obvious as they are in anime even the densest of guys would get it. Fucking IS. And now Tokyo Ravens. And to a lesser degree because he was a badass, Toaru Majutsu No Index.

edit: in other news it looks like Golden Time has become quite popular. Episode 3 is second in most watched in the site I visit. Right behind Avatar.
Watch Maison Ikkoku.

Yusibu 3

There's like 7 girls who've appeared so far.

And I really don't dislike any of them.

Thought I would hate the emotionless, blue haired girl, but I enjoyed her deadpan face when the arms grabbed her. Fino is still the best though

Loved how good the animation was during the fight.

cajunator

Banned

Ai Yori Aoshi tried to ruin itself with harem elements but ultimately was a beautiful romance story, although it never fully ended like I would prefer it to.

cnet128

Banned
Tokyo Ravens 3

I'm still not sure how I feel about this show, but at least Natsume's a bit cuter now she's
acting a bit more like her best girl alter ego.

Also, sky horse wat.

Cwarrior

Haha, you obviously aren't considering the episodes devoted to selling a specific toy, the promotional eyecatches, or how all stock footage makes sure to show exactly how to use each item.

Sailor Moon has plastic shit, sure, but it has absolutely nothing on the pure marketing machine of Precure. Sailor Moon even dares to do things for story and character reasons! The nerve! Doremi is kind of in a weird limbo where you can tell that orders for toy marketing are being handed down, but the production staff is firmly intent on making a good show regardless.

sailor moon isn't any better in that aspect, how many times is the show interrupted by stock animation/merchandise advertisement in it's 200+ ep run, am sure you have a PDF on that similarly to the panty shot one.

When making new iteration to an old existing product surround by nostalgia your bound to tick off die hard fans regardless of what you do/ toei do.

What do you want from a new sailor moon hitokage? Who do you want as series director,animation director,character designer, script and composer?

I think they should just make a sailor moon Kai in hd to keep everyone happy instead of bringing back a dormant franchise resulting in pissing of people that grew up the old show.

cajunator

Banned
sailor moon isn't any better in that aspect, how many times is the show interrupted by stock animation/merchandise advertisement in it's 200+ ep run, am sure you have PDF on that similarly to the panty shot one.

When making new iteration to an old existing product surround by nostalgia your bound to tick off die hard fans regardless of what you do/ toei do.

What do you want from a new sailor moon hitokage? Who do you want as series director,animation director,character designer, script and composer?

Exactly the point I was making. Those shows are tailor made to peddle toys and figures.

fertygo

Free! - 12

I actually don't hate the dramas before this episode, bwahahaha its so bad... Will still watch S2 though.

But before that, Sensei's Gravure model flashback OVA plz

Joe Molotov

Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 03

Let's see what hijinks the Anyamal girls are up today...wait, what?

Oh, it's just a cat, nothing lewd going on here. RIGHT???

Was it a boy or girl cat? Let's check, shall we?

Oh my...well this certainly took a turn for the....something...

jepan pls!

The moral is, wait until you're older, then you can marry a cat. Thank you, children's anime.

Its. not. just. the. stock. footage.

Polar Bear Cafe 8

Keep shipping grizzlies and polars. Pandas kinda want some of the fun too.

The origins of the cafe is also confusing considering
it's framed as a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom