• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
Anyamal Tantei Kiruminzoo 03

Let's see what hijinks the Anyamal girls are up today...wait, what?

Oh, it's just a cat, nothing lewd going on here. RIGHT???

Was it a boy or girl cat? Let's check, shall we?

Oh my...well this certainly took a turn for the....something...

jepan pls!

The moral is, wait until you're older, then you can marry a cat. Thank you, children's anime.

good god the character design in this, whatevr it is, is adorable!

OMG ITS BY KAWAMORIIIIIII

*puts on must watch list

VD1WMFu.jpg
g501UhJ.jpg

Infinite Stratos S2 3

Shirts only, Maid outfits, Chinese AND Princess dresses?

Yes, more of this please.

Would be even be better if they rectify the lack of Chifuyu screen time this episode, in the next one.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
FOR EXAMPLE

Many times in a Precure show we see a scene that serves absolutely no narrative purpose. It doesn't involve the story. It doesn't involve the characters. It's clearly there for the sake of being there, which is to sell a product.

In Futari wa Precure, this was the Tamagotchi card swipes:

VrlM6zL.jpg

In Smile Precure, this was the Decor use:

N25z7nz.jpg

Pretty much the ultimate are episode-long infomercials like Futari wa Precure episode 17:

o7EmMBf.jpg

An entire episode to sell a love match toy with no real narrative purpose.

I challenge you to find anything remotely comparable in Sailor Moon. Until then, you're being naively oblivious.

Articalys

So thanks to a tweet from Funimation we know the Attack on Titan listings on Amazon (the ones that were first spotted one week ago, by the way, though their legitimacy was uncertain back then) were indeed accurate. Still no release date, but at least they're official.

https://twitter.com/FUNimation/status/392774774575083520

Also confirmed to have dual audio, as if that was even in question.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXBL1IQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FXB8RRO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Don't forget that Precure Notebook thing which barely gets any usage either. Just a "Hey lets write feelings in it because we're awkward with each other now" and then throw it in the river when we want to get to "know" each other more.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
So thanks to a tweet from Funimation we know the Attack on Titan listings on Amazon (the ones that were first spotted one week ago, by the way) were indeed accurate. Still no release date, but at least they're official.

Not sure if it's too much to hope that the dub will be as good as Steins;Gate even if they're both by Funi...

Watch Maison Ikkoku.

Read premise on MAL, interesting. I might have to get over the very 80's anime look since I haven't really seen an old anime since Lupin III, but if the development is good enough I'm game. Plus 90+ episodes? Jeez louise that's a win.

Ai Yori Aoshi tried to ruin itself with harem elements but ultimately was a beautiful romance story, although it never fully ended like I would prefer it to.

I remember watching that a long time ago. I think it's been long enough to warrant re familiarizing myself with it. Though I'm gonna go with the manga since it ended 3 years after anime.

So thanks to a tweet from Funimation we know the Attack on Titan listings on Amazon (the ones that were first spotted one week ago, by the way) were indeed accurate. Still no release date, but at least they're official.

Dual audio? Was there even a dub in the works and I didn't realize it? I hope the voice actors who usually do anime in adult swim are involved, they're fantastic. aka I hope Troy Baker is in it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Read premise on MAL, interesting. I might have to get over the very 80's anime look since I haven't really seen an old anime since Lupin III, but if the development is good enough I'm game. Plus 90+ episodes? Jeez louise that's a win.
Think Love Hina, but good. 10/10 good. "Why don't I have another point of comparison instead of fucking Love Hina" good.

Don't forget that Precure Notebook thing which barely gets any usage either. Just a "Hey lets write feelings in it because we're awkward with each other now" and then throw it in the river when we want to get to "know" each other more.
At least they used it in a meaningful way, but you're right, that's also an IN STORES NOW play.

White Album 2 - 1-3
I'm glad I finally got around to watching this. Even though the art direction and layouts are serviceable at best, the story has been the stand out and it's been nicely told so far considering its eroge origins. I can't unsee Ogiso as Asuka from Eva, though.

Mature

Watch Maison Ikkoku.
You're doing (the anime) God's work.

I've only seen a bit of the anime, but having read through the entire manga, I can say that the love story in it is pretty far above most things I've seen with a similar structure. Plus I'm a sucker for all the rumic-isms.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So should I give it another shot since I rage-quitted after the second episode? The one episode with the present iirc
Yes. The show covers a large chunk of time, and characters grow and develop throughout.

The only episodes that belong in the trash bin are like 60-62, but luckily the show pretends they never happened afterward.

Yes. The show covers a large chunk of time, and characters grow and develop throughout.

The only episodes that belong in the trash bin are like 60-62, but luckily the show pretends they never happened afterward.

Thanks for the tip. So this is similar to.. what was it? Episode 4 of Gurren Lagann?

I'm not sure if the anime pretends it doesn't exist... but the animators sure do.

cajunator

Banned
FOR EXAMPLE

Many times in a Precure show we see a scene that serves absolutely no narrative purpose. It doesn't involve the story. It doesn't involve the characters. It's clearly there for the sake of being there, which is to sell a product.

In Futari wa Precure, this was the Tamagotchi card swipes:

VrlM6zL.jpg

In Smile Precure, this was the Decor use:

N25z7nz.jpg

Pretty much the ultimate are episode-long infomercials like Futari wa Precure episode 17:

o7EmMBf.jpg

An entire episode to sell a love match toy with no real narrative purpose.

I challenge you to find anything remotely comparable in Sailor Moon. Until then, you're being naively oblivious.

Well ok yeah the love matching toy was BLATANT plastic pushing Ill admit that.

CG doesn't always have to be bad.

Look at Berkserk Golden Age Arc O... oh.

Look at Berserk Golden Age Arc Tw... oh.

Well look at the third one.

I kid I kid. Second one's 100 man fight looked pretty sweet.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Thanks for the tip. So this is similar to.. what was it? Episode 4 of Gurren Lagann?
Which, the time progression or the episodes I mentioned?

I don't really remember TTGL 4, but if the latter, then characters start being really stupid and the show goes about it in the same "fuck you" manner like the last episode of Ranma 1/2. I was irate when I saw it for the first time, but, again, it's over with quickly and the damage is self-contained.

FOR EXAMPLE

You could also say the regular narrative also serves to sell merchandise. Though I suppose you could argue that with any show.

Branduil

It all makes sense now. Novid was duckroll's sockpuppet that he got bored with and dumped before the illumanati got too hot on his trail.

Gbraga

Wow, Tokyo Ravens 3 was so cool! The CGI use in this anime reminds me of Karas, and not only the fighting was cool but the rest was so cute, I'm really into it.

CorvoSol

From that website:

giphy.gif

Please tell those posts aren't real....the one about the little kon girl too 0_0

It's funny, because I dare say my chief problem with CG in anime is that it looks so horrible it always breaks immersion. I don't think I've ever seen it done in a way I would commend. It's jarring, awful, and the colors never, ever, ever look right. I've just grown accustomed to how offensively horrible it is that, unless it is Ass on Titan's Forest of N64 Trees, I tend not to comment beyond the "UGH CG UGH".

CG doesn't always have to be bad.

Or does it?

Gazoinks

It's funny, because I dare say my chief problem with CG in anime is that it looks so horrible it always breaks immersion. I don't think I've ever seen it done in a way I would commend. It's jarring, awful, and the colors never, ever, ever look right. I've just grown accustomed to how offensively horrible it is that, unless it is Ass on Titan's Forest of N64 Trees, I tend not to comment beyond the "UGH CG UGH".

Or does it?

Fate/Zero's had some good CG in it, I like that it uses CG as a way of making certain things purposefully seem out of place, like Berserker. Of course it also has the obligatory CG cars, but we can just ignore that! :D

I actually thought the CG fight in the hallway in KLK was pretty cool, am I alone on that?

CorvoSol

happy bday nafe

This makes the time he stalked me on irc for calling him mentally ill all the more hilarious.

I literally cannot follow his logic at all. Like at the start he goes "We all know that Aku no Hana is being filmed and then rotoscoped. Weird right?" My immediate thought was "No. You can't well rotoscope what hasn't been filmed."

But like, even as he draws these tenuous connections between these guys and something called "Pray for Japan," he suddenly makes an amazing leap to tax shelter scam to revive Tokyo Pop.

Like if you're going to be insane, can't you at least let us see your insane troll logic, rather than going "one plus one sort of equals one, ergo the olympics are hand crafted by Satan for Ronald Reagan's sake." There was no build up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom