• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

I agree with you on this quite a bit. Subbers (whether fansubbers or official ones) need to get over themselves and strive to be as discreet as possible. People don't watch shows to feed their egos. They exist as an accessory to the viewers' enjoyment of the work and thus need to just f'in display the subtitles in a good readable font and get out of the way.
Thanks, this makes me feel a lot better. Honestly.

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ ep.11

Excellent for the first twenty minutes --
teared up at the crowd of townspeople waiting outside the house and all the other girls secretly crying listening to Fuu and Kanae talk later
-- and then, well, you saw what happened. Was able to go back and watch the end of it safely, but it was with a stone heart, and my proper reaction to the final scene has been lost forever...

Golden Time ep.2

I like it. Going to watch episode 3 later today to be ready for the new episode on Thursday.

sonicmj1

Looking over relatively recent shows, besides Girls und Panzer, Hataraku Maou-sama and Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita/Humanity has Declined are both good, fun, and low on sadness.

Articalys

Now that Bayonetta: Bloody Fate made its premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival this past weekend, here's a new trailer for the movie:

http://www.bayonetta-movie.com/trailer.html

Also a new key visual on the site.
AsWmZRi.jpg

Hattori

Banned
Sooo AnimeGAF! Now that I've done S;G and F/Z in a row I think I'm good on feels (and awkwardly placed punctuation) for a while, so what's a good fairly lighthearted show? More specifically, I'm looking for something that's not just a comedy or sketch show like Nichijou, something story-based but not mindbogglingly depressing, basically.

Have you seen GTO? If not, go see it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Random question - have the Haruhi books finished and is that story complete? Just looking at the wiki, it looks like the last book was published in 2011.

Articalys

Random question - have the Haruhi books finished and is that story complete? Just looking at the wiki, it looks like the last book was published in 2011.
I think the situation's remained the same as it has for a few years, just a complete standstill -- Nagaru Tanigawa has writer's block or whatever, hasn't submitted any new stories, hasn't made any official statement about the ongoing state of the series either. I'd just consider it on an "indefinite hiatus" until formally notified otherwise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think the situation's remained the same as it has for a few years, just a complete standstill -- Nagaru Tanigawa has writer's block or whatever, hasn't submitted any new stories, hasn't made any official statement about the ongoing state of the series either. I'd just consider it on an "indefinite hiatus" until formally notified otherwise.

I don't think it's done, Tanigawa is just slow.

2 years though... I have to figure that, with a fickle nerd audience, people have already moved on. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any sign of further anime adaptations seem to point to that.

Articalys

2 years though... I have to figure that, with a fickle nerd audience, people have already moved on. The fact that there doesn't seem to be any sign of further anime adaptations seem to point to that.
Well, once again, I'll wield UMX's article on "why hasn't there been Haruhi S3":

http://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/the-reasoning-behind-a-lack-of-haruhi-s3/

The short summary (but as always the whole thing is worth a read for Haruhi history):
And that’s the reason for no more Haruhi. [...] It’s the fact that Tanigawa can’t consistently write the story enough for Kadokawa to promote the novels more. Two books in 4 years doesn’t lead to anime production. Other factors include KyoAni moving to their own IPs and the demotion of the producer of the show, but if Tanigawa had written more, we’d be seeing Haruhi S3 by now.
I think the official manga adaptation had been continuing on for some time as well, but just finished up recently, presumably itself having run out of LN material to adapt.

Anime adaptations come when there is more material to promote, not the other way around. Tanigawa's slowness is probably why there hasn't been more Haruhi animation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But, aren't there still like 4 or 5 books left to adapt? It seems like enough material exists to pump out another season anyway. I suppose if the point is to have the show promote new books, then that would be a problem...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When's KyoAnus' LN compo starting again. I've got a great idea to send them. Sure it'll be in English and thus chances of winning are slim but you have to be in it to win it!

Kagami

For the record guys, spending 5 years to study Japanese for the sole purpose of watching anime is probably not a good idea.

*accidentally summons Kagami to explain the benefits of drama CDs, manga, games and various merchandise
My arch-nemesis, zeroshiki! We meet again!
You won't foil my plans this time. Soon, all of GAF will be studying Japanese in order to play anime-license PS Vita games!

Nordicus

Maison Ikkoku 3-5

Gave it another shot and... it's gonna stay bloody dropped. Kyoko is a really fun character when she gets comedic parts because she shifts from calm to spirited attitude so naturally, but I don't find Yusaku all that likeable nor interesting, and the supporting cast can absolutely rot in hell.

Everyone here probably has a series where they disagree with AnimeGAF consensus, and this is mine. I mean, 90+ episodes with these characters? No, nononononononononoooo~

Mr.Jeff

jbnWDD1df2fhGo.jpg

---

At the start of the year I happened to notice some members here had publicly posted what their birthdays were. Since it was the start of a new year and even though I don't personally know anyone here, I thought it could still be a nice gesture to give just a quick "Happy Birthday" to those whom I was aware of.

I wasn't really doing it looking for any kind of recompense or anything back my way, so my birthday actually came and went a little while ago and I just didn't mention it. There's enough others here who never mentioned when their birthday's are so it's no big deal.

You guys honestly didn't really have to do anything. Even though it's not really my birthday today I still thank you for all the birthday messages that were made and all the cute pictures that were posted. :)
Aww, sorry Nafe! I got the date from this fiendish poster here and considering you never offered any corrections, I just assumed it was the right one. Of course, after Hito posted that image I know realise the date was a Sailor Moon reference more than anything...

But, aren't there still like 4 or 5 books left to adapt? It seems like enough material exists to pump out another season anyway. I suppose if the point is to have the show promote new books, then that would be a problem...
While there's a number of standalone stories still left, a lot of the remaining material segues into an overall plot which , I think, is still being dealt with in the latest books. I'd imagine it's a lot like the Full Metal Panic situation: there's no point adapting a small chunk of it if you're unsure if you're going to do the rest of it. Well, unless your name is J.C Staff obviously.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Maison Ikkoku 3-5

Gave it another shot and... it's gonna stay bloody dropped. Kyoko is a really fun character when she gets comedic parts because she shifts from calm to spirited attitude so naturally, but I don't find Yusaku all that likeable nor interesting, and the supporting cast can absolutely rot in hell.

Everyone here probably has a series where they disagree with AnimeGAF consensus, and this is mine. I mean, 90+ episodes with these characters? No, nononononononononoooo~
You hating on Yotsuya?

DiGiKerot

Pretty much - those books were already out when the previous anime series were airing, and as a result, pretty much everyone who cares already has them. With Kadokawa not having new printed material to sell, they have less incentive to invest, as they'd have to recoup their costs purely from the anime production.

Also, it doesn't really help that none of the books following Disappearance are a patch on that. Most of the rest of the books simply meander along to an anti-climatic return to the status quo, wasting what interesting set-up they may have. I can't say I feel like I'm missing much by not having them in cartoon form.

cajunator

Banned
Behold the usual curse of being licensed by Media Blasters.

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?p=210517#post210517

It was supposed to be released yesterday, by the way.

Shitfuck. Well Im there whenever it shows up!
I NEVER expected this series to get a disc release in the US!

Fate/Zero 22-25 END/Final Impressions

WOOOOOOOOO. I watched these all in one go, so I'm posting my impressions after the fact instead of as I watch. This last stretch of episodes was HEAVY. Urobutcher at his Urobutcherest. Too many heavy things to even list.
Irisviel's death, Saber's breakdown with Lancelot, Rider's glorious death, Kariya's death, and of course finally the COMPLETE SHATTERING OF EVERYTHING KIRITSUGU BELIEVED IN.

Kirei vs Kiritsugu fight was awesome though.

And then Aoi's fate had to end up even more depressing...

That being said, I was honestly surprised Kiritsugu got a happy ending. Good for him. He, uh, certainly earned it.

Final impressions:

Overall a really great series. Awesome fights, great characterization, looked good, and mega feels. The only Urobuchi series I've seen are this and Madoka, and while I do really like Madoka, I think this exceeds it.

Now if only F/SN was good.

FSN is meh, but Ufotable is apparently soon going to attempt to re-envision it.

Okay, yeah, I guess OP/ED karaoke is fine as long as it's only for the distinct OP/ED animations themselves. Whenever the OP/ED songs are playing over part of the episode itself, they'd better keep that karaoke-free.

They're hard to ignore when they're as attention-grabbing as possible, and when there's normal conversation going on at the same time as the song you can't just turn off all subtitles.

Certain fansubbers got the big ego going on and they put their names and effects above simply serving as translators. This is why I much prefer professionally subbed products.

Sooo AnimeGAF! Now that I've done S;G and F/Z in a row I think I'm good on feels (and awkwardly placed punctuation) for a while, so what's a good fairly lighthearted show? More specifically, I'm looking for something that's not just a comedy or sketch show like Nichijou, something story-based but not mindbogglingly depressing, basically.

Bunny Drop will light up your heart. So many people cant be wrong (and arent)

Quasar

Tamayura ~More Aggressive~ ep.11

Excellent for the first twenty minutes --
teared up at the crowd of townspeople waiting outside the house and all the other girls secretly crying listening to Fuu and Kanae talk later
-- and then, well, you saw what happened. Was able to go back and watch the end of it safely, but it was with a stone heart, and my proper reaction to the final scene has been lost forever...

I'm going to admit I have no idea what upset you so much.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
The least of the three (4 if we count the kid), but yes, I be hatin'
I kind of get that since at the very start it emphasizes how they torment Godai when he's studying, but the show moves on in short order. Well, they'll always be crazy neighbors but it's not just about watching Godai fail.

Mature

Maison Ikkoku 3-5

tumblr_mdo2kcR8UH1r73plvo1_500.gif

cajunator

Banned
Now that Bayonetta: Bloody Fate made its premiere at the Tokyo International Film Festival this past weekend, here's a new trailer for the movie:

http://www.bayonetta-movie.com/trailer.html

Also a new key visual on the site.

Im cautiously optimistic.

It has Omigawa in it. It has to be good.

Truth.

As hilarious as diving into the shallow end and cracking your skull open.

My coworker did this in his youth and now he has severe nerve issues in his back. Not recommended.

CorvoSol

Bunny Drop, Azumanga Daioh, and GTO are the way to go. All three are loosely story-based and heart warming, charming stories that are easy on the brain.

Arpeggio of blue steel - Ars nova - 03

This was a nice episode.

So i liked how they sealed the trump card for later , meaning that the next fight won't have the gravity cannon in play leading to more tatics ..the entire episode wasn't bad , plenty of gears in motions for later , including some forshadowing for the end...

I'm really liking the mental unit designs, BTW

Arpeggio%20of%20Blue%20Steel%20-%20Ars%20Nova%20-%2003.jpg

it's a restaurant on a hill

^^ no problem on the picture above it's indeed proper french the location , food provided and mela presentation indicate that they were either lucky or that someone on the animating team that is a fan of french food & culture.

Articalys

Also, Toei is making a new Marvel anime, Disc Wars: The Avengers, though the premise is closer to a "mons" series than a normal adaptation...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-23/toei-makes-disc-wars/avengers-anime-for-marvel
In the anime, portable capturing devices known as "Discs" were developed to capture evil villains. However, thanks to Loki's machinations, both villains and heroes are sealed up in these Discs and scattered around the world. Amid the chaos, five youths obtained the power to restore these Disc-sealed heroes through a program called "Biocode." These youths received five discs that Spider-Man, who narrowly escaped being sealed himself, retrieved. Thus, these five can restore Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Wasp — the Avengers!
ydTJcAr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom