• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall 2013 Anime |OT| When is Crunchyroll coming to GTA Online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Roundup of some of the Anime Sols series status, as of two days ago:

http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?p=210270#post210270
Creamy Mami Set 2: $4,535/$18,000, 13 days remaining
Dear Brother Set 1: $8880/$13000, 19 days remaining
Pastel Yumi Set 1: $3445/$18000, 28 days remaining
Black Jack Set 2: $3185/$18000, 43 days remaining
Tezuka Movie Specials 1981-1983: $1260/$16000, 53 days remaining
Hurricane Polymar Complete Set: $3040/$29000, 130 days remaining

Detective Conan 259:
James showing why he's awesome even in his first appearance. His thoughts as the kidnappers were taken down were pretty badass. This was one of those cool episodes where a lot of characters get a chance to do something awesome, even though the whole situation could have been avoided if Yumi had just been paying better attention. Plus, Akai acting cool and mysterious is always a plus.

DiGiKerot

Oh, since I've not posted a UK Streaming News Update recently, apparently the Animax UK streaming site goes live on Friday to coincide with a marketing push at London MCM. Coppelion (the first couple of episodes of which are being screening at MCM) and Magi S2 are both confirmed to be simulcasting from there, which isn't really surprising given Viz/Kaze seem to be providing most the early line-up.

Articalys

Oh, since I've not posted a UK Streaming News Update recently, apparently the Animax UK streaming site goes live on Friday to coincide with a marketing push at London MCM. Coppelion (the first couple of episodes of which are being screening at MCM) and Magi S2 are both confirmed to be simulcasting from there, which isn't really surprising given Viz/Kaze seem to be providing most the early line-up.
Sounds interesting. So this'll be the third UK-focused streaming site after the (now seemingly defunct) Anime on Demand and the new Wakanim UK, or are there others?

DiGiKerot

Sounds interesting. So this'll be the third UK-focused streaming site after the (now seemingly defunct) Anime on Demand and the new Wakanim UK, or are there others?

Nah, just those, though at this point I'd effectively consider Animax the replacement for AoD, since that was a Viz/Kaze intuitive, who are providing content for . It'll be interesting to see if AoDs back-catalogue gets rolled into Animax, or if it just disappears.

NeonZ

Also, Toei is making a new Marvel anime, Disc Wars: Avengers, though the premise is closer to a "mons" series than a normal adaptation...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-10-23/toei-makes-disc-wars/avengers-anime-for-marvel

Starting in April? I wonder if it might replace Saint Seiya Omega. The second season should be finishing in March if it lasts one year like the first one (and it just got a second/fourth opening confirmed).

Edit: Wait, nevermind. I hadn't noticed that it says that Disney itself will be airing it in Japan, so it wouldn't replace a Tv Asahi show.

/XX/

In Japanese wrestling, wrestlers constantly fight against an invisible wrestler. lol
(It's actually amazing to watch, because it shows you how hard you have to work when you are literally wrestling yourself and throwing yourself around the ring).
Really? Graham Chapman would be proud... that must be the best homage he could receive since he died.

Does anyone know when Gothicmade comes out on bluray?
No release date announced as yet. It's been nearly a year since the film came out and I think it's now finally left cinemas, so hopefully it won't be too long.
Seems like Mr. Nagano keeps negotiating those sporadic theater showings, since earlier this year... and now, even to see it on 4K! Maybe they're are waiting for a better implantation and bigger share of such native resolution TVs on the market to release the film on digital discs mastered for them! :-V

Tatsunoko was too strong for Ryochimo. ;_;
But, they couldn't bring down another "youngster" like Mr. Yoshihara and his 'sakuga' mermaids. Don't come here with these weak excuses! >:)

You mentioned that you got some of the manga volumes to Five Star Stories, did you ever watch the movie?
No, I just got the volumes I was missing on Ebay today, so I'll read those and then watch the film.
Branduil, I'd recommend you keeping close with you a tab on your preferred browser with GEARS Online encyclopedic compilation of translated additional information about The Five Star Stories' lore:

Five Star Stories - GEARS Online
http://www.gearsonline.net/series/fivestarstories/

Instantly useful, warranted!

-Minsc-

Yo yo! MC Akio!

He needs to do a song with Katsurap. They dress the same. And they're both manly.
katsu-rap-o.gif

JOY!!!!

So I tried watching Sora No Otoshiwhatever before and I couldn't stand the main male lead since his whole persona was perverted clown with no cool features about him.

Does he get better throughout the series or does he stay as this?

/XX/

I read most of it. I looked to see more what you had to say about the movies I'm interested in seeing or had seen. Of the two movies I have seen I have to say I quite like Garden of Words and it might be my favorite Shinkai film. As far as an AOTY vote I'd say it will rank quite high for me.
Do you like it to the point of doing a pilgrimage? :)

And that digital disc release of the HanaIro film has been out in Japan for a week!

I miss Extollere.
Yeah, I miss too such a gentleman. I hope all we talked about in here didn't create any serious friction between him and his missus. :-(

Thanks for the tip. So this is similar to.. what was it? Episode 4 of Gurren Lagann?
*Shudder* It still haunts us to this day. Please let KLK not have some equivalent to TTGL 4.
Osamu Kobayashi isn't working on KLK, so it won't.
I thought that him talking about the project on that 'insider' manner habitually, and how he mentioned they commenced the filming process (at the time) kind of hinted clearly he could be a part of it:

Twitter / osamukoba: 撮影、気合い入ってる!RT @waka_geek: RT @ ...
https://www.twitter.com/osamukoba/status/351156404150747137

If I remember right, I think I have. I believe /XX/ posted a vid that was a side-by-side to compare the differences between the two.

Search to the rescue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wjrAtDbqhQ
Wow, I really need to watch this now.
The second season also features some more of that Mr. "Aninari" Yoshinari goodness (that I'm not going to post a link to in here because of the... revealing... nature of the scenes).

I wasn't really doing it looking for any kind of recompense or anything back my way, so my birthday actually came and went a little while ago and I just didn't mention it. There's enough others here who never mentioned when their birthday's are so it's no big deal.
But tell us, oh my empress, which day was this exactly?

I don't see fair that the one who congratulates us the most and in such a nice way is the one to not share her birthday for us to do the same, as it should be. ESSENTIAL RECIPROCITY!

Jex

[Samurai Flamenco] - 2

I must admit that I'm a little bit behind on this watching this episode so I've forgotten most of the impressions posted about it. This series still seems to be pretty good in that it has interesting, well written characters talking to each other and occasionally doing stuff. I know it's pretty hard to sell a show, especially an anime, by saying it's well written and that the characters are interesting but that's genuinely how I feel about it.

Also, don't take other people's umbrellas!

The show has been basically serious animu Kick-Ass. Since it's so grounded on reality I assume the OP is not going to happen unless that's about him getting his own tv show.

[Samurai Flamenco] - 2

I must admit that I'm a little bit behind on this watching this episode so I've forgotten most of the impressions posted about it. This series still seems to be pretty good in that it has interesting, well written characters talking to each other and occasionally doing stuff. I know it's pretty hard to sell a show, especially an anime, by saying it's well written and that the characters are interesting but that's genuinely how I feel about it.

Also, don't take other people's umbrellas!

What I really liked about the umbrella plot is Goto casually dismissing umbrella theft during the dinner as an unimportant trifle no one should get worked up about, but when his umbrella was stolen he was all "We can't stand for this!" Isn't that so typical of human behavior? We casually dismiss other people's problems as unimportant, but when it happens to us suddenly it becomes the most important issue in the world which everyone should be focusing on. Ah, the self-centeredness of man.

The show has been basically serious animu Kick-Ass. Since it's so grounded on reality I assume the OP is not going to happen unless that's about him getting his own tv show.

If you watch the OP through the end, it clearly establishes that the action sequence is Masayoshi's dream.

What I really liked about the umbrella plot is Goto casually dismissing umbrella theft during the dinner as an unimportant trifle no one should get worked up about, but when his umbrella was stolen he was all "We can't stand for this!" Isn't that so typical of human behavior? We casually dismiss other people's problems as unimportant, but when it happens to us suddenly it becomes the most important issue in the world which everyone should be focusing on. Ah, the self-centeredness of man.

If you watch the OP through the end, it clearly establishes that the action sequence is Masayoshi's dream.

Huh, I tend to skip most OP's so never caught that. As to the umbrella dilemma, yeah that's human behavior for the most part. Similar to how making fun of others is fun for many, until you're the one being made fun of. "It's fine as long as it doesn't happen to you". That's just human hypocrisy in general.

Jex

Moreover, when Masayoshi originally brings the umbrella point up he sounds a little bit of an extremist but at the end of the episode, via his actions, he's actually shown some heroism in how far he goes to defend the value he holds dear. Moreover Masayoshi actually displays heroic qualities in how far he goes to defend this ideal which might make Goto rethink his position on the whole 'superhero' issue. It's a well written scene.

But, aren't there still like 4 or 5 books left to adapt? It seems like enough material exists to pump out another season anyway. I suppose if the point is to have the show promote new books, then that would be a problem...

They should just do an adaptation of Disappearance of Yuki Nagato instead.

Jarmel

Banned
Kyoukai no Kanata 4-

The first half of this episode was boring as fuck. 2nd half went in a different direction than I expected.
Akihito is no joke when in Berserkah mode
. Pretty lame of an episode overall although it does give more understanding to Akihito. No wonder he feels so isolated.

Jarmel

Banned
Why are we all still watching this? Are we expecting it to get better or do we simply think it's bad but not bad enough to drop?

Visually it's still pretty impressive. Besides, if I can justify watching S.H.I.E.L.D. or Korra on a weekly basis, I can justify watching this.

Edit:So browsing AS and came across this:

KyoAn interview regarding KnK and its adaptation:

http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-19379.html
Quote:
Rough translation:
Q: What was the hardest part during the series composition?
A: The hardest part was the lack of source material. Usually when a light novel gets adapted it has at least 3 volumes worth of content already, but in case of this show I had to begin to work on it when there was nothing but rough drafts of volume 2. Similar to the time when we made Chuunibyou we decided not to drag out the only volume but make an original content in the middle and the late parts of the show. However, KnK has a complex premise, so it was difficult. I had to ask a lot of questions about the premise while doing it, but I think it turned out well.
So basically, they had only volume 1 and some rough drafts of volume 2 to go on, which means the anime is pretty much going to be quite different from the LN and the director made changes accordingly. So it really comes down to the writing level of the director considering how much new material is going to be in the anime.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4877128&postcount=700

So I guess it's Hanada and Ishidate's fault. Also here is a better summary of the differences between the LN and anime, in a different post:

None of the issues you addressed are in the LN's because her back story and setting is so different that those issues are irrelevant. First, her anime back story seems completely made up. Even though I've only read half of the first volume, it's virtually impossible for her anime story to be in the LN because it would contradict her character, as well as many of the themes set up in the LN that's not present in the anime. So basically, Yui and Sakura seem to be anime original characters created just for their made up back story for Mirai.

So Mirai has 2 sides, she has a normal schoolgirl side and the youma hunter side. The schoolgirl side is outwards the same between the anime and LN's. She's socially withdrawn, stutters, and has a hard time interacting with others. However, her clumsiness is greatly overplayed in the anime, as the the only 'clumsy' scene that's in the LN is the one where she walks into the broom closet, but that's more of an accident. The Anime makes her look like she's a magnet for clumsiness when it's completely not true in the LN.

Her Youma Hunter side is completely different. In the LN, Mirai is an expert when it comes to killing Youma. She has very high mastery over her blood powers and kills Youma in a flash. Also, she is an expert when it comes to exorcism knowledge, knowing things that impress even the expert characters that are introduced in the LN that hasn't shown up in the anime yet. When she tries to kill Akihito in the beginning, she really meant to kill him, and was surprised he did not die. This leads to the major setting difference between the LN and the anime.

In the LN, there's no half youma girl and the shop lady is a Youma hunter. In fact, half-youmas are hunted. Mirai's family is considered 'cursed' because their blood altering powers are 'youma-like'. Mirai is a loner because she's been ostracized by the entire youma extermination community, and she works hard to exterminate youma in order to prove that she's a capable member of that community.

fertygo

Kyoukai no Kanata 4-

The first half of this episode was boring as fuck. 2nd half went in a different direction than I expected.
Akihito is no joke when in Berserkah mode
. Pretty lame of an episode overall although it does give more understanding to Akihito. No wonder he feels so isolated.

Booo.. I thought this episode supposed to be good, maybe I'm gonna dropping this after watching the episode.

Branduil

LOL people actually thought KnK was going to have a good 4th episode.

That's called misplaced/high expectations for something that has been bad for 3 episodes already.

Articalys

Now that the matter was settled after that newspaper article mistake, the first trademark leak rumors have started to show up for next year's Precure, and the name they're showing is "Happiness Charge Precure". As always, this could be fake though, so take it with a grain of salt.

Kyoukai no Kanata 4

Jarmel is right. The first half of this made me think I was in the for the worst episode yet by a mile, but the second half was at least a bit of a surprise and, most importantly, not an ugly escalator labyrinth. The episode reached the destination I was expecting in a different way than I expected. It's a shame we only really learn something about Akihito, despite the involvement of a good amount of the cast, but I'll take what I can get with this show. The events of the second half are also pretty nice to look at, so there's that.

Also, I would have liked that phone joke more if it was a throwaway gag nobody commented on.

Jarmel

Banned
Let me elaborate I guess, the first half of KnK is talking on escalators and then tragic backstory time. It's quite boring and the action stuff is pretty bland. 2nd half is much more interesting visually and narrative-wise. Any images from the 2nd half would be a pretty big spoiler and I shouldn't really talk about it.

Now that the matter was settled after that newspaper article mistake, the first trademark leak rumors have started to show up for next year's Precure, and the name they're showing is "Happiness Charge Precure". As always, this could be fake though, so take it with a grain of salt.

I think Smile Charge, and think that name is rather derivative already. Who knows, it could be a sequel to Smile since everyone and their grandma sexualizes them the most, but I don't think this will be the name.

cnet128

Banned
None of the issues you addressed are in the LN's because her back story and setting is so different that those issues are irrelevant. First, her anime back story seems completely made up. Even though I've only read half of the first volume, it's virtually impossible for her anime story to be in the LN because it would contradict her character, as well as many of the themes set up in the LN that's not present in the anime. So basically, Yui and Sakura seem to be anime original characters created just for their made up back story for Mirai.

So Mirai has 2 sides, she has a normal schoolgirl side and the youma hunter side. The schoolgirl side is outwards the same between the anime and LN's. She's socially withdrawn, stutters, and has a hard time interacting with others. However, her clumsiness is greatly overplayed in the anime, as the the only 'clumsy' scene that's in the LN is the one where she walks into the broom closet, but that's more of an accident. The Anime makes her look like she's a magnet for clumsiness when it's completely not true in the LN.

Her Youma Hunter side is completely different. In the LN, Mirai is an expert when it comes to killing Youma. She has very high mastery over her blood powers and kills Youma in a flash. Also, she is an expert when it comes to exorcism knowledge, knowing things that impress even the expert characters that are introduced in the LN that hasn't shown up in the anime yet. When she tries to kill Akihito in the beginning, she really meant to kill him, and was surprised he did not die. This leads to the major setting difference between the LN and the anime.

In the LN, there's no half youma girl and the shop lady is a Youma hunter. In fact, half-youmas are hunted. Mirai's family is considered 'cursed' because their blood altering powers are 'youma-like'. Mirai is a loner because she's been ostracized by the entire youma extermination community, and she works hard to exterminate youma in order to prove that she's a capable member of that community.

You see, now I'm torn. On the one hand, that background sounds more sensible and kind of interesting, so I wish the anime hadn't gone on such a massive departure from it. On the other hand, if they'd just followed the LN version we wouldn't have got adorable Mirai or adorable half-youma girl. And removing adorable things is bad. Hell, the adorable things are some of the few redeeming features of the show so far. So yeah.

NeonZ

Smile direct sequel? "Happiness Charge" sounds like it could be a power up call for Cure Happy. Well, not really, but it was the first thing that came to mind.

cnet128

Banned

Hardly a catchy name. Hope it's not true.

Unless it means a Smile sequel, in which case go for it! There can never be enough Yayoi.

Kyoukai No Kanata 04

This show's most redeeming quality is the action since the characters aren't especially interesting. And it seems like next episode will be all dialogue.

Also the protagonist for the first time showed why he'd be a protagonist, but chances are he won't ever be this badass again until like the finale. Which is bullshit. I still don't know if it's enough to make me dd-d-d-d-d-d-drop the show, but I'll keep watching for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom